I have a question again about tickets. Just when I thought I’m actually ready for this trip next week, I’m in sort of a quandary.

We are leaving next week. My son just got all our tickets through tickets at work (last minute).
He & my DIL got us all FP’s for the 4 days DH & I will be in the parks with them.
I don’t know how they did that when she never linked us on MDE...as friends & family. I can’t even see their plans, nor they ours.
She planned to do this but, to make a long story short, they moved with my 3 little grandsons last week, & they have left for their vacation before they meet us in Disney.

My question is they sent me the E number on our tickets, but it’s also their E number..my son has to go to Disney Springs with the voucher to get the actual tickets.

Can I link that number to my magic bands without messing up however they already got us fast passe? DH & I would like to go to Epcot the day before we meet them & they did not get us fast passes for that day, just the following 5 days that we will be with them.
He got an extra day on our tickets not theirs.
I’m just don’t want to risk harming the plans they already made for all of us it would be disasterous.

Or do you think I should wait do that at POR the morning we want to go to Epcot...
Hope you understand all this, it sounds confusing when I read it back.

I have a question again about tickets. Just when I thought I’m actually ready for this trip next week, I’m in sort of a quandary.

We are leaving next week. My son just got all our tickets through tickets at work (last minute).
He & my DIL got us all FP’s for the 4 days DH & I will be in the parks with them.
I don’t know how they did that when she never linked us on MDE...as friends & family. I can’t even see their plans, nor they ours.
She planned to do this but, to make a long story short, they moved with my 3 little grandsons last week, & they have left for their vacation before they meet us in Disney.

My question is they sent me the E number on our tickets, but it’s also their E number..my son has to go to Disney Springs with the voucher to get the actual tickets.

1. Can I link that number to my magic bands without messing up however they already got us fast passé?
2. DH & I would like to go to Epcot the day before we meet them & they did not get us fast passes for that day, just the following 5 days that we will be with them.
He got an extra day on our tickets not theirs.
3. I’m just don’t want to risk harming the plans they already made for all of us it would be disasterous.

4. Or do you think I should wait do that at POR the morning we want to go to Epcot...
Hope you understand all this, it sounds confusing when I read it back.

1. Nothing is ever "linked to" a MagicBand.
A MagicBand only contains a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in a guest's MyDisneyExperience file.
So, you would need to link the tickets to your MyDisneyExperience account, and then your MBs would work.
2. However, in this case he must link YOU to HIS MDX account.
He can do this from his smart phone MDX App from anywhere he is that has phone service.
3. That won't happen.
4. My difficulty with answering your questions is that you don't seem to know much about what HE did,
and without knowing that, I'm at a loss.
Disney's system is actually VERY DIFFICULT when it comes to handling complex multiple-party situations.

1. Nothing is ever "linked to" a MagicBand.
A MagicBand only contains a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in a guest's MyDisneyExperience file.
So, you would need to link the tickets to your MyDisneyExperience account, and then your MBs would work.
2. However, in this case he must link YOU to HIS MDX account.
He can do this from his smart phone MDX App from anywhere he is that has phone service.
3. That won't happen.
4. My difficulty with answering your questions is that you don't seem to know much about what HE did,
and without knowing that, I'm at a loss.
Disney's system is actually VERY DIFFICULT when it comes to handling complex multiple-party situations.
Thank you for trying to answer, I was afraid of that.
DH & I really wanted to stick tibWorld Showcase, est at Biergarten, watch the movies & live entertainment & look in the shops. We will be going again with my son & family later in the week. The grandchildren are small so the parks will concentrate on them, no fast rides which is great for us adults we don’t care for them, however I would like to do living with the land, soarin & possibly Spaceship Earth with DH on Saturday. Not sure if I’ll get a FP for soarin on the same day tho.

Thank you for trying to answer, I was afraid of that.
DH & I really wanted to stick tibWorld Showcase, est at Biergarten, watch the movies & live entertainment & look in the shops. We will be going again with my son & family later in the week. The grandchildren are small so the parks will concentrate on them, no fast rides which is great for us adults we don’t care for them, however I would like to do living with the land, soarin & possibly Spaceship Earth with DH on Saturday. Not sure if I’ll get a FP for soarin on the same day tho.
What exactly can you see in your MDE account? Can you see the fastpasses or the tickets? Did he create new profiles for you in his account? He would not have been able to get fps for you without linking the tickets to a profile somewhere.

You could always ask them to make fps for the rides that you want to go on if you don't have access to the tickets.

What exactly can you see in your MDE account? Can you see the fastpasses or the tickets? Did he create new profiles for you in his account? He would not have been able to get fps for you without linking the tickets to a profile somewhere.

You could always ask them to make fps for the rides that you want to go on if you don't have access to the tickets.

If @Lynn CC doesn't have access to the tickets, they can't get into the park.

Good point! I missed the part about them wanting to go to Epcot the day before the son shows up.

If the son linked his MDE account with his parents, couldn't he reassign the tickets to the parents, if he did, in fact, create new profiles for them on his account? I'm not sure what would happen to the fps, though, that are attached to the tickets in the profiles he made. Could the son move the fp's to his parents "real" MDE without losing them?

Good point! I missed the part about them wanting to go to Epcot the day before the son shows up.

If the son linked his MDE account with his parents, couldn't he reassign the tickets to the parents, if he did, in fact, create new profiles for them on his account? I'm not sure what would happen to the fps, though, that are attached to the tickets in the profiles he made. Could the son move the fp's to his parents "real" MDE without losing them?
Yes, but the son is out of town.
I tried to suggest that he fix things via his phone app, but I don’t know what is the status of that.

Yes, but the son is out of town.
I tried to suggest that he fix things via his phone app, but I don’t know what is the status of that.
Yes they must have made new profiles for us on his account, since I done see anything on my DME for accepting a share...
My son doesn’t know how his wife did it but they got A Lot of fast passes for the 4 days we will be in the parks together.
For DH, Myself, my son, my DIL but they didn’t get fast passes for the 1 or 2 year old. They weren’t sure how to do that. I said I have no idea but I’d try to find out.

My son said he would meet us either late Friday night after we fly in or early Sat. Morning before we go to Epcot to try to figure out the tickets.( we were originally going to meet Monday Morning before we head to MK..

I told him not to, we would just get a day pass & use the extra ticket to go back into Epcot our last night While we are staying at the yacht club go have dinner there instead of Yachtsman.
No biggy I’m just so excited to see them!

It’s one day that we don’t have access but DH & I can use it on our last day after my son leaves instead of our first day. If he doesn’t get it figured out.

I'm so confused...I was just told, on a different thread, that adding PH to my 2016 5 day base tickets will cost about $75 each. According the page 1 of this sticky, it looks to me like it would be $108 each-and that is if the upgrade used Disney 2016 prices rather than what I had actually paid through UT (I don't remember what they were now). The person that told me the $75 is very trustworthy on these boards, so I can't figure out what I'm calculating wrong.

My son said he would meet us either late Friday night after we fly in or early Sat. Morning before we go to Epcot to try to figure out the tickets.( we were originally going to meet Monday Morning before we head to MK..

I told him not to, we would just get a day pass & use the extra ticket to go back into Epcot our last night While we are staying at the yacht club go have dinner there instead of Yachtsman.
No biggy I’m just so excited to see them!

That will cost literally HUNDREDS of dollars more than just ADDING a day to your existing tickets.
He can fix this by just inviting you to join his MDX account.

I'm so confused...I was just told, on a different thread, that adding PH to my 2016 5 day base tickets will cost about $75 each. According the page 1 of this sticky, it looks to me like it would be $108 each-and that is if the upgrade used Disney 2016 prices rather than what I had actually paid through UT (I don't remember what they were now). The person that told me the $75 is very trustworthy on these boards, so I can't figure out what I'm calculating wrong.

You are correct.
The problem is that you must upgrade your older tickets to current ticket (2018) pricing level.

It doesn't matter what you PAID for the discounted tickets.
That amount does not figure into upgrade costs.

Figure the cost by using the info on THIS post (which it looks like you have been doing.)

You are correct.
The problem is that you must upgrade your older tickets to current ticket (2018) pricing level.

It doesn't matter what you PAID for the discounted tickets.
That amount does not figure into upgrade costs.

Figure the cost by using the info on THIS post (which it looks like you have been doing.)

Thanks, Robo. I thought I was losing it.

Thanks, Robo. I thought I was losing it.

It can give you a sliver of hope to know that it is possible (though unlikely) that the CM
at upgrade might give you the current ($75) upgrade price, if you "ask nicely."
You never know if a CM might offer you a bit of Pixie Dust with the transaction.

That will cost literally HUNDREDS of dollars more than just ADDING a day to your existing tickets.
He can fix this by just inviting you to join his MDX account.
Yes you are right about the cost, thank you. I think we will just skip Epcot the first day we are there if DS doesn't get the tickets figured out. He said while we are flying from CA this Friday he will go to DS Welcome Center and try to get the tickets and give them to us. But if that doesn't happen I'll just go into to Epcot on the following Friday with DH to the WS and have dinner there. Switch our plans around a little. Thank you for all the info, it seems so confusing to us but it will all look different when we get there! Either way, DH and I are flexible with our plans.

Yes you are right about the cost, thank you. I think we will just skip Epcot the first day we are there if DS doesn't get the tickets figured out. He said while we are flying from CA this Friday he will go to DS Welcome Center and try to get the tickets and give them to us. But if that doesn't happen I'll just go into to Epcot on the following Friday with DH to the WS and have dinner there. Switch our plans around a little. Thank you for all the info, it seems so confusing to us but it will all look different when we get there! Either way, DH and I are flexible with our plans.

Again.

He does not have to GET any tickets.
(Nobody needs any tickets.)
ALL he has to do is invite you to join his MDX account and you accept.

He can do this as early as right now, this morning, from his MDX phone app.

We purchased Platinum Plus Passes back in December and plan to activate when we come to WDW in September. We've linked them to our MDE and know that we have to activate these at a ticket window or Guest Relations before entering a park. I've been told we just need to show ID when we stop for activation. We have recently moved and have changed our address through Disney, but haven't yet taken the time to get our driver's licenses changed. Will that be an issue if the address is different? Sadly, the DMV hours don't accommodate my work hours.

This is what's so confusing and why we are confused about the whole ticket situation...tickets at work sent my son an E-Ticket Confirmation and it says
Tickets will be under the customers name @WDW Ticket Counter/will call locations. Valid ID required, customer must match name on reservation on this E- Ticket.

Upon Arrival, /tickets may be picked up at one of the following locations:
Epcot, DHS, DAK, The ticket & Transportation Center @MK
Then it says there are will call locations at the entrance to each theme park.

It doesn't list DS welcome center but hes going to try there first while DH and I are flying to MCO. He may have the whole thing straightened out by the time we get there, but I have a feeling it's not as easy as it seems.

I wish I got the tickets through Disney, but he saved over $700 on our 5 tickets.

We do not have our DME linked to his, DH has one I have one and they made one with us on theirs (got all the FP's for everyone) as well, but us (DH and I) are who they created, not us with all the ADR's

It's a mess... When I see him I will have him try to link it all up. It seems we made things very confusing for ourselves. I have no idea how it's going to work out, I hope it's smooth, I don't want another Disney Disaster, I started a post on Disney Disasters a while back and it seems many people have had them!

I think my DIL is afraid to link the accounts in MDE because she's not sure if this will mess up the fast passes or something, I haven't talked to her. I don't initiate these types of situations, just follow along and vent/ try to figure out things by asking here! Don't want to Rock the Boat/Be difficult, be that MIL, I love our family vacations together, if you know what I mean? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter