Just leaving WDW today! I ultimately decided to upgrade my Undercover Tourist ticket to a Premier Passport, which can only be done at guest services and can't be done through the My Disney Experience app. I might have had some bad luck, because three different cast members didn't know about price bridging. The supervisor even came to the window and told me it was only possible to calculate the upgrade price based on the value of my ticket in her computer.

I then showed them the app, which displayed a higher value for my existing ticket. The supervisor frowned when she saw this, and said there was no way the system would give me that value, but suggested that I go ahead and upgrade in the app, and then they would be able to charge me the difference between the Platinum Plus and the Premier. As @MBradley12 shared, the in-app upgrade was extremely quick and took only a few seconds. Immediately after doing this, the rest of the transaction went very smoothly. They did ask for my band back one last time at the end, so they could re-link my MDE to the the new AP.

(By the way, there is no tax disadvantage to buying the Platinum Plus Pass first -- and then upgrading to the Premier Passport. During the upgrade process, any excess Florida sales tax you paid is refunded back.)

Can an annual pass holder buy park hopper day tickets at a reduced rate?
Disney has offered specials to passholders in the past where they could bring friends at a reduced rate. The most recent (which ended just before Toy Story Land opened) was for $79 for a 1 day hopper. They also offered the promo last Aug/Sep for $89 for a 1 day hopper.

Disney has offered specials to passholders in the past where they could bring friends at a reduced rate. The most recent (which ended just before Toy Story Land opened) was for $79 for a 1 day hopper. They also offered the promo last Aug/Sep for $89 for a 1 day hopper.

I started to mention this promotion in regard to @married2mm's question,
but it was so ridiculously limited (1 day ticket) and was so short-lived (as well as no longer valid) it just seemed disappointing.

I'm hoping that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction for an annual pass situation. This is actually a two-parter :).

1.) Our Gold APs expired last December 13, 2017. At that time, I purchased three renewals using the UT bridging method and combining that with the DVC Platinum Plus promo. I purchased three- one for me, one for DS, and one for hubby.

2.) At that time, I also purchased three brand new Platinum Plus certificates (not renewals) using the DVC special price as well.

Here are my two questions, as they relate to the points above:

1.) DS and I have used our AP renewals, but hubby has not. In MDE, it offers me the option to reassign his ticket, I assume because he hasn't entered a park. My question here is, if I reassign this to myself, would it offer an additional year of renewal starting on December 13, 2018 (through December 2019)? Or, would it back-date to hubby's AP renewal date, which was 2017, and offer somebody a half year of an AP as a result? I am confused at what the "reassign ticket" option would do in this case.

2.) For the brand new DVC promo AP vouchers, the discussion on the DVC boards indicated that they had to be activated by December of 2018, and I was also told this by Member Services when I purchased the three vouchers in the fall of 2017. However, there are two points here. First, hubby is not able to come with us for most of our trips next year, sadly, so an AP for him is a waste. I am 99% certain from reading this thread that I can simply take the voucher and use the (discounted) price paid towards a pass for one of us in 2019. But...MDE says that the vouchers expire in 2030, not 2018. I was at GR in MK anyway last week for another matter and decided to ask about this discrepancy. He called Ticketing and told them that on my phone, on MDE, it showed APs that were good until 2030, and they corroborated that they could be activated anytime until 2030. Where can I find the actual "must use-by" date for these, if even GR can't find them? Of course, I am obviously hoping that there was a glitch and that we can actually activate them past 2019, but my Disney luck doesn't usually go that way :smooth:. I just want to have my ducks in a row for deciding how to handle all of the AP options, as we now seem to have up to four that we might not be using anytime soon (hubby's 2018 pass, plus the three P+ vouchers).

Thank you kindly for any help!

I'm hoping that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction for an annual pass situation. This is actually a two-parter :).

1.) Our Gold APs expired last December 13, 2017. At that time, I purchased three renewals using the UT bridging method and combining that with the DVC Platinum Plus promo. I purchased three- one for me, one for DS, and one for hubby.

2.) At that time, I also purchased three brand new Platinum Plus certificates (not renewals) using the DVC special price as well.

Here are my two questions, as they relate to the points above:

1.) DS and I have used our AP renewals, but hubby has not. In MDE,
1a) it offers me the option to reassign his ticket, I assume because he hasn't entered a park.
My question here is,
1b) if I reassign this to myself, would it offer an additional year of renewal starting on December 13, 2018 (through December 2019)?
1c) Or, would it back-date to hubby's AP renewal date, which was 2017, and
1d) offer somebody a half year of an AP as a result?
1e) I am confused at what the "reassign ticket" option would do in this case.

2.) For the brand new DVC promo AP vouchers, the discussion on the DVC boards indicated that they had to be activated by December of 2018, and I was also told this by Member Services when I purchased the three vouchers in the fall of 2017. However, there are two points here. First, hubby is not able to come with us for most of our trips next year, sadly, so an AP for him is a waste. I am 99% certain from reading this thread that I can simply take the voucher and use the (discounted) price paid towards a pass for one of us in 2019. But...MDE says that the vouchers expire in 2030, not 2018. I was at GR in MK anyway last week for another matter and decided to ask about this discrepancy. He called Ticketing and told them that on my phone, on MDE, it showed APs that were good until 2030, and they corroborated that they could be activated anytime until 2030.
2a) Where can I find the actual "must use-by" date for these, if even GR can't find them? Of course, I am obviously hoping that there was a glitch and that we can actually activate them past 2019, but my Disney luck doesn't usually go that way :smooth:. I just want to have my ducks in a row for deciding how to handle all of the AP options, as we now seem to have up to four that we might not be using anytime soon (hubby's 2018 pass, plus the three P+ vouchers).

Thank you kindly for any help!
1a) I've not heard of a "renewal" being able to be reassigned (since it is a continuation of an already-in-use ticket.)
1b) Unless there is some kind of error made by Disney when the AP was renewed, that renewal should expire on the exact same date
as the original AP (just one year later.)
1c) That's how AP "renewals" work.
1d) Whomever was using that AP (by what I know about the "rules,"
it SHOULD only be able to be used by the original user of the original AP (your husband.)
But, if it CAN be transferred, it should expire on the same date as the original AP (but one year later.)
1e) I'm surprised that option shows up at all.

2a) If the info says 2030, sounds like 2030.
You can certainly point that out, if that info does not "vanish" from your MDX file.
(Some weird things can happen in that regard, unfortunately.)

Thank you SO much! I am always amazed by your knowledge and really appreciate your willingness to help us all out :).

So, am I understanding correctly that, since we purchased a renewal for hubby but he will not go all during any period of it being active, that money is completely lost? That’s a total bummer, since I thought maybe they would treat it as a renewal voucher and allow us to use it towards an AP renewal starting 2018 instead of it sitting and wasting away from 2017. I also understand that our failure to plan is not their fault, but they do so much with applying unused ticket prices after they’ve expired, I guess I made a wrong (and costly) assumption.

Thank you SO much! I am always amazed by your knowledge and really appreciate your willingness to help us all out :).

So, am I understanding correctly that, since we purchased a renewal for hubby but he will not go all during any period of it being active, that money is completely lost? That’s a total bummer, since
1) I thought maybe they would treat it as a renewal voucher and

2) allow us to use it towards an AP renewal starting 2018 instead of it sitting and wasting away from 2017. I also understand that our failure to plan is not their fault, but they do so much with applying unused ticket prices after they’ve expired, I guess I made a wrong (and costly) assumption.
1) A renewal voucher (certificate) is not like a new AP certificate.
A RENEWAL does not "wait" until it is first used in order to start counting down.
An AP renewal automatically KEEPS the same anniversary date at the original AP (from which it was "renewed.")
That's what makes it a renewal.

2) That said, if you explain and ask nicely, it is possible (only possible) that they
will allow you to use the renewal at a later date.
But, no guarantees, as that defeats the whole idea behind selling renewals at a reduced rate
(in comparison with buying a new AP.)

1) A renewal voucher (certificate) is not like a new AP certificate.
A RENEWAL does not "wait" until it is first used in order to start counting down.
An AP renewal automatically KEEPS the same anniversary date at the original AP (from which it was "renewed.")
That's what makes it a renewal.

2) That said, if you explain and ask nicely, it is possible (only possible) that they
will allow you to use the renewal at a later date.
But, no guarantees, as that defeats the whole idea behind selling renewals at a reduced rate
(in comparison with buying a new AP.)

That all makes complete sense. Thank you for explaining this so clearly! I really appreciate it :)

My first snag in panning, as feared, has happened... DS got the tickets for the 5 of us through his work discount,Tickets at work for our trip next week. They sent him the e ticket confirmation number & he was able to make fast passes for all of us... BUT at the bottom it says bring slip to will call at one of the 4 parks at Will Call... we all were shocked..& he has to be present with ID.
This would work fine except DH & I are planning on going to Epcot with one of our days on the e ticket.the first day we are all there... but my son & his family are not going to Epcot that Saturday they have other plans... if my son comes to our Resort POR can they redeem the e tickets? Or atleast that day for DH & I?
We are totally confused... I don’t want to drag him all the way to Epcot just to do the tickets we can do that at will call at MK when we are all together...

If not then I’m not sure what DH & I will do, we have ADR’s at Biergarten that day... I may have to buy a 1 day ticket for us & Lise our on a day that my son got us...
Not the end of the world but I’d rather spend the money on something else... any suggestions?

Last edited:
if my son comes to our Resort POR can they redeem the e tickets?

Yes. At the Concierge desk.

Wiil Call window, Ticket window, Guest Relations window, Resort Concierge... any of those can do it.

Wiil Call window, Ticket window, Guest Relations window, Resort Concierge... any of those can do it.
Well that is great news, & such a relief!

For those who will be renewing an AP onsite by "upgrading" a ticket (especially one purchased thru a re-seller, such as UT), know how much that ticket will be worth in the transaction. Page one of this thread has some tremendous information and saved me quite a bit of money. If not for this thread, I probably would have just accepted the pricing the CM calculated and overpaid. When I insisted that his numbers were wrong, he looked further on his computer. I wonder how many guests are incorrectly charged for this type pf transaction.

I just wanted to make sure I understand. DH & I only will be staying at POR. DS & his family will be at Melia Orlando Suites.
The e tickets are in his name, ( my sons),through his work. If he brings the paperwork to POR while we are there they will give us all our tickets?

I just wanted to make sure I understand. DH & I only will be staying at POR. DS & his family will be at Melia Orlando Suites.
The e tickets are in his name, ( my sons),through his work. If he brings the paperwork to POR while we are there they will give us all our tickets?

Should be fine.

If there are "issues" just get on the bus to MK and take care of ticketing at the Guest Relations outside the MK gates.
Or, board the shuttle boat (or drive) to Disney Springs and head to the "Welcome Center" to get the tickets.

Should be fine.

If there are "issues" just get on the bus to MK and take care of ticketing at the Guest Relations outside the MK gates.
Or, board the shuttle boat (or drive) to Disney Springs and head to the "Welcome Center" to get the tickets.

The e ticket confirmation specifically says Tickets may be picked up at & then it lists the 4 parks... nothing about your resort or welcome center.
Maybe I should call tomorrow so we are not running around to a bunch of places... I feel like I’m inconvenienceing their plans as it is because he has to drive to meet us to do this when we really weren’t meeting till Monday. He says no worries but still l want to make it as easy as I can for him.

My first snag in panning, as feared, has happened... DS got the tickets for the 5 of us through his work discount,Tickets at work for our trip next week. They sent him the e ticket confirmation number & he was able to make fast passes for all of us... BUT at the bottom it says bring slip to will call at one of the 4 parks at Will Call... we all were shocked..& he has to be present with ID.

If he was able to make FPs and the e-ticket info is in your MyDisneyExperience files,
and you are staying at a WDW resort and will have MagicBands:
There is no need to pick up any ticket (or anything else) at any location at WDW.
You're ready to go.

I have two sets of magic bands coming in the mail for a split stay. We also ordered one more that was nice from shopdisney. I received it already. Can I add it right away without it messing with the yet to be received ones

Hi Robo,

Thank you for all of your valuable advice on tickets! For years we have booked the vacation package from Disney a year in advance and then when vacation time came, we would use one park day on our tickets and on the 2nd day add the water park option because this would "lock-in" the water park price under our original price of the package tickets. Is this still the case? In other words:
Will the cost of adding the Plus Option (water park) to the package Park Hopper Tickets be less if the Plus Option is added before using the tickets OR
Will it be less to add the Plus Option after using 1 day of the package tickets OR
Does it not make any difference anymore?

Hi Robo,

Thank you for all of your valuable advice on tickets! For years we have booked the vacation package from Disney a year in advance and then when vacation time came, we would use one park day on our tickets and on the 2nd day add the water park option because this would "lock-in" the water park price under our original price of the package tickets. Is this still the case? In other words:
1. Will the cost of adding the Plus Option (water park) to the package Park Hopper Tickets be less if the Plus Option is added before using the tickets
OR
2. Will it be less to add the Plus Option after using 1 day of the package tickets OR
3. Does it not make any difference anymore?
1. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. Does not matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter