I am looking at my old 5 day MYW ticket that expires 1231/30 to upgrade, but it says on the ticket it's a
DVC 25 promo, So I probably won't be able to upgrade this to annual pass.
Anyone have any info much appreciated

Got a package scheduled to start in about 45 days. Now can't make it. Will probably go later this year, but can't commit to a date yet. Would it be simpler to either:

1) Cancel the whole package, get full refund, then make a new reservation when I know my dates
2) Change the package to a random date later in the year just to keep a reservation 'live', but knowing there is a good chance I might be back to changing that new date if I don't get lucky and can go that random date I choose.

Is there any advantage to having a 'live' reservation?

Got a package scheduled to start in about 45 days. Now can't make it. Will probably go later this year, but can't commit to a date yet. Would it be simpler to either:

1) Cancel the whole package, get full refund, then make a new reservation when I know my dates
2) Change the package to a random date later in the year just to keep a reservation 'live', but knowing there is a good chance I might be back to changing that new date if I don't get lucky and can go that random date I choose.

Is there any advantage to having a 'live' reservation?

Last edited:
I am looking at my old 5 day MYW ticket that expires 1231/30 to upgrade, but it says on the ticket it's a
How did you aquire this ticket?

I ran into this issue when I ordered my tickets from a different computer from what I normally use. They knew that the order came from a different computer and sent me an e-mail asking them to call them to confirm that I had indeed ordered the tickets.
That could have been it. I’ve changed laptops since I last ordered from them. At least we know they’re on top of potential fraud.

I currently have a 4 Day Base Ticket for the first week of October for my wife and myself that was purchased at a nice discount through Tickets at Work. After some discussion and because we will be making multiple trips to WDW this year we've decided upgrade them both to Platinum APs.

1. There shouldn't be any issues upgrading these tickets to an AP correct?
2. Would I have better luck with "bridging" if I use the tickets first? Because everyone keeps telling me this.

Thank you in advance for your help!

- Nick

I currently have a 4 Day Base Ticket for the first week of October for my wife and myself that was purchased at a nice discount through Tickets at Work. After some discussion and because we will be making multiple trips to WDW this year we've decided upgrade them both to Platinum APs.
1. There shouldn't be any issues upgrading these tickets to an AP correct?
2. Would I have better luck with "bridging" if I use the tickets first?
3. Because everyone keeps telling me this.
1. Correct.
2. Does not matter. You can use it at a park first... or not.
3. You can safely ignore everyone who keeps telling you this. ;)

How did you aquire this ticket?
Disney running a promo for DVC member for 25 aniversary

If this ticket has never been used,
I'd guess that you can upgrade it to an AP.
You would be given the same amount that you PAID for the purchase of this ticket in the upgrade transaction.

Hi. I'm a CM, and will be visiting Orlando in July. We have Disney hotels booked, but we have 5 people in our party (our family plus my mom). I plan to have my husband let the kids and my mom in with his spouse pass, then I will self admit myself. My question is - can I do the normal advance reservation for Fast Passes if i plan to use my self-admission privileges? And if so, how can I do this? Thanks! You guys are a great resource!

Hi. I'm a CM, and will be visiting Orlando in July. We have Disney hotels booked, but we have 5 people in our party (our family plus my mom). I plan to have my husband let the kids and my mom in with his spouse pass, then I will self admit myself. My question is - can I do the normal advance reservation for Fast Passes if i plan to use my self-admission privileges? And if so, how can I do this? Thanks! You guys are a great resource!
You’ll need to set up your MDX account and link your passes. I’m not sure what you mean by Self-Admit because CMs have MainGate Passes. The MainGate and Spouse Pass link to MDX and then the Guest Passes will automatically be linked to the Spouse Pass.

After everything is linked, you’ll have a 60-day FP booking window but you’ll only be able to book 4 days of FPs.

You’ll need to set up your MDX account and link your passes. I’m not sure what you mean by Self-Admit because CMs have MainGate Passes. The MainGate and Spouse Pass link to MDX and then the Guest Passes will automatically be linked to the Spouse Pass.

After everything is linked, you’ll have a 60-day FP booking window but you’ll only be able to book 4 days of FPs.

Thanks for that clarification. As a CM, i can self-admit myself using my ID, and my spouse can admit himself + 3 other extra guests using his spouse silver pass. This allows us to actually get 5 people in for the day. My question is, though, how do I link myself on MDX if i'm not using my actual silver pass?

We have tickets in a package and want to upgrade to AP upon arrival. Our 1st stop is Epcot so if I understand correctly we can either stop at the outside ticket window or inside at guest relations to do this?

Hi there,
I have been googling the answer to my question and have found several answers. Looking for help

1. We are considering buying APs for our trip in October 2019. If we purchase vouchers now, in April 2019, how long do we have to activate them? Some say one year from purchase, some say AP vouchers expire in 2030, so you could activate much more than a year from purchase.

2. Can I link the vouchers to MDX in order to book FP+ in advance?

Thanks!

I am purchasing an AP certificate/voucher to be used in a few years. (After the last couple AP price increases I realized that the best way to save on the AP is just to buy it now) I plan to buy the Platinum Pass. In a few years once I activate the pass if I decide to upgrade it to Platinum Plus would I just pay the difference in price of the two tickets at that time?
Reposting, hoping to get some response.

We have tickets in a package and want to upgrade to AP upon arrival. Our 1st stop is Epcot so if I understand correctly we can either stop at the outside ticket window or inside at guest relations to do this?
Correct.

I am purchasing an AP certificate/voucher to be used in a few years. (After the last couple AP price increases I realized that the best way to save on the AP is just to buy it now) I plan to buy the Platinum Pass. In a few years once I activate the pass if I decide to upgrade it to Platinum Plus would I just pay the difference in price of the two tickets at that time?

You'd very likely owe the different between the 2019 Platinum Pass (you'd have a 2019 AP certificate) and the FUTURE (at that time) Platinum PLUS Pass.

Question. I have 2 sets of tickets on my kids' profiles. 2 day base, and then 2 day hoppers. Is there a way to use 1 day of the park hopper ticket on the 1st day, then use the 2 day base ticket on days 2 and 3, then the other ph on day 4? I am guessing I can not move the tickets to a fake name once used, so I am guessing I may have to just add hoppers to all the tickets. :(
ETA:Can GR prioritize the tickets after they use 1 day of the PH to save the 2nd PH day for last?
TIA

Last edited:
Maybe you guys can answer this question- Originally booked 5 day tickets for a trip starting 6/10, it was purchased before they changed ticketing by date. We decided to add 2 days to our trip and now arrive 6/8. For our resort we just added a room only for the first 2 days but we upgraded our 5 day tickets to 7 day tickets (our TA handled all this). All that looks correct on MDE except it shows that our tickets are valid starting 6/10. Don't know if that's an error or if something needs to be changed- would hate to get there on 6/8 and not be able to use our tickets until 6/10!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter