I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I have lost my ann AL pass holder card. I know my magic band will still get me into the parks. Is it possible to get a new card and if so what’s is the cost of a replacement?

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I have lost my ann AL pass holder card. I know my magic band will still get me into the parks. Is it possible to get a new card and if so what’s is the cost of a replacement?

Stop by any ticket booth or Guest Relations with a legal photo ID and they will give you a new card at no charge.

I am looking to purchase a 7day flex ticket through a reseller (airmiles) for the purpose of upgrading to an AP. The company just listed the tickets yesterday but they expire December 2019 and I see on Disney's website they expire 2020.
1. Is there any way to determine the value of the ticket ahead of time (physically looking at it, MDE, calling Disney etc.)? I know it would be worth $521 (pre March increase) or $627 current price but that's a big difference.

Question part 2:
If I upgrade a ticket, say the above 7Day Flex ticket expiring December 2019 to a 7Day hopper at guest services, would it still expire in 2019 or would it get the current available expiry date of December 2020?

1. You'd have to contact the seller and ask the date on which the ticket was acquired from Disney.
2. If your purpose is to upgrade to an AP, I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.

Last edited:
Please help me with my quest to get a DVC Gold AP at the best price possible :) Please and Thank you!!!

DVC Gold pass is blocked for when we are going....in April. I would like to purchase a ticket that can be used for this time period and then before I leave on the last day, upgrade it to a Gold AP pass. I have been told this would work. Please let me know if you don't think it will.

In order to save the most in regards to bridging, I have looked at all different types of third party sellers to find the biggest savings. Here is one I am running across and would really like to know if this savings is accurate. I see The Official Ticket Center has an adult 10 day Flexible Date base ticket for $522.00 expires December 2019. Disney has this ticket priced at $652.85.

This is a savings of $130.85. Would I receive this credit toward my AP? How do I determine the credited that will be applied to the ticket I purchase? I see the expiration dates are different.

Again - Thank you!

I am looking to purchase a 7day flex ticket through a reseller (airmiles) for the purpose of upgrading to an AP. The company just listed the tickets yesterday but they expire December 2019 and I see on Disney's website they expire 2020. Is there any way to determine the value of the ticket ahead of time (physically looking at it, MDE, calling Disney etc.)? I know it would be worth $521 (pre March increase) or $627 current price but that's a big difference.

Question part 2:
If I upgrade a ticket, say the above 7Day Flex ticket expiring December 2019 to a 7Day hopper at guest services, would it still expire in 2019 or would it get the current available expiry date of December 2020?

1. You'd have to contact the seller and ask the date on which the ticket was acquired from Disney.
2. If your purpose is to upgrade to an AP, I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.

1. Thank you, I was hoping there might be another way but I'll keep working at getting the answer from the reseller.
2. We know we are going to Disney again sometime in 2020 and ideally want 2 APs and 2-3 multiday tickets. I was thinking as a backup plan, if the airmiles reseller ticket is only worth $521 (pre-March increase) not $627 (current) I'd pass on upgrading to an AP and use the ticket to upgrade to a multiday one that expires 2020 instead of 2019 so at least we'd have one ticket bought. I see from your response that there is error in my thinking, new ticket would expire on dates picked in 2020 not December 2020.
3. One last question, I am assuming I can't book fastpasses with an expired ticket, correct???

Hi guys, sorry if this isn’t the place for these questions!

We will be taking trips within a year, (October 2019 and spring 2020) so for the first time DH and I will be buying APs. The first trip is the two of us but the 2nd is our kids and my parents as well.

1) We are memory maker users in the past, as AP holders can my parents/kids scan their bands and we still get their photos, like with memory maker?

2) Am I correct in my understanding that we can buy our APs online at anytime, book our FP for our trip at 60 days out like normal, but the year it’s valid for doesn’t start until we activate it at the gates?

3) We want to buy a TIW card, but on our second trip there will be meals paid for by my parents. I’ve been reading the card holder needs to be the person paying for the meal, is that true? If so, can we just link their credit card to my magic band?

3a) Do we wait until we arrive to buy a TIW card, and where can this be done?

1. Thank you, I was hoping there might be another way but I'll keep working at getting the answer from the reseller.
2. We know we are going to Disney again sometime in 2020 and ideally want 2 APs and 2-3 multiday tickets. I was thinking as a backup plan, if the airmiles reseller ticket is only worth $521 (pre-March increase) not $627 (current) I'd pass on upgrading to an AP and use the ticket to upgrade to a multiday one that expires 2020 instead of 2019 so at least we'd have one ticket bought. I see from your response that there is error in my thinking, new ticket would expire on dates picked in 2020 not December 2020.
3. One last question, I am assuming I can't book fastpasses with an expired ticket, correct???
2. OK. You didn't mention the idea of a backup plan. Only that your intention was to upgrade to an AP.
3. Correct.

Hi guys, sorry if this isn’t the place for these questions!

We will be taking trips within a year, (October 2019 and spring 2020) so for the first time DH and I will be buying APs. The first trip is the two of us but the 2nd is our kids and my parents as well.

1) We are memory maker users in the past, as AP holders can my parents/kids scan their bands and we still get their photos, like with memory maker?

2) Am I correct in my understanding that we can buy our APs online at anytime, book our FP for our trip at 60 days out like normal, but the year it’s valid for doesn’t start until we activate it at the gates?

3) We want to buy a TIW card, but on our second trip there will be meals paid for by my parents. I’ve been reading the card holder needs to be the person paying for the meal, is that true? If so, can we just link their credit card to my magic band?

3a) Do we wait until we arrive to buy a TIW card,
3b) and where can this be done?
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3)The credit card may work. (I don't link my credit card to MDX for MB payments, so I don't know.)
You should have no problem working out a way for them to pay for your meals.
One simple way would be for you to keep track of the amounts and then they can give you the money in any way they choose.
3a) Yes.
3b) Any Guest Relations at WDW.

Last edited:
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3)The credit card may work. (I don't link my credit card to MDX for MB payments, so I don't know.)
You should have no problem working out a way for them to pay for your meals.
One simple way would be for you to keep track of the amounts and then they can give you the money in any way they choose.
3a) Yes.
3b) Any Guest Relations at WDW.

Thank you!! :)

2. OK. You didn't mention the idea of a backup plan. Only that your intention was to upgrade to an AP.
3. Correct.

I think after many hours of working out options and reading through your prior posts I'll stick to the original AP upgrade plan.

Thank you so much, your thread is such a huge cost savings to so many people, especially during escalating prices. Thank you for your tireless effort!

Hi, I am not 100% If I understand all the pinned posts.. but I read that PH+ 10 day tickets are valid for 15 not 14 day.. but I just called WDW and also the website is showing me 14 days only.

Also When does the 14 days start? when the package starts? checkin day or If we start the parks the next days, 14 days from that day?

thanks

Hi, I am not 100% If I understand all the pinned posts.. but I read that PH+ 10 day tickets are valid for 15 not 14 day.. but I just called WDW and also the website is showing me 14 days only.

Also When does the 14 days start? when the package starts? checkin day or If we start the parks the next days, 14 days from that day?

thanks

Number of "days of use:"
In the case of a 10-day Parkhopper, 14 days from first use.
In the case of a 10-day Parkhopper+, 15 days from first use.

This would be true, with or without a WDW resort stay.

In the example screen-grabs taken from the disneyworld.com site below, I arbitrarily chose a random start date of April 15. (Notations in red are mine.)

PH-cc.jpg

PH++.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure you have a PH+ ticket selected? This is what it shows when I select a Park Hopper Plus ticket starting tomorrow (4/1):
Ticket valid any 10 days from:
Apr 1, 2019 – Apr 15, 2019.
Can be used on non-consecutive days!​

The 15 days is inclusive of the start and last days. Maybe that’s where you are getting confused.

If you buy a ticket as part of a package, I believe that ticket begins with your check-in date. If you purchase a ticket separately you can choose the start date, irregardless of resort reservation.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I just wasn't patient enough to find the answer.
I bought 3 4-Day + 1 park-hoppers from Undercover Tourist last September. (e-ticket)
1. They need to be used prior to December 31, 2019, correct?
2. If something were to happen that resulted in only needing 1 of those tickets instead of all 3, would it be possible to get a refund for the other two from UT? I think I read that their policy states they'll refund minus 5%?

God willing, this will not even need to be explored any further, but I was just curious.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I just wasn't patient enough to find the answer.
I bought 3 4-Day + 1 park-hoppers from Undercover Tourist last September. (e-ticket)
1. They need to be used prior to December 31, 2019, correct?
2. If something were to happen that resulted in only needing 1 of those tickets instead of all 3, would it be possible to get a refund for the other two from UT? I think I read that their policy states they'll refund minus 5%?

God willing, this will not even need to be explored any further, but I was just curious.
1. If that was the info when you bought them.
2. Three conditions for a refund:
a) Your tickets must be "actual" hard tickets (not "eTickets.")
b) You must not have removed the tickets from their UT sealed package.
c) You must not have "connected" them to a MyDisneyExperience account.
And, yes, there is a 5% restocking fee.
Your other choice if you let them expire, unused, is that you can use their
value toward buying a new ticket at a time when you do make a WDW trip.

1. If that was the info when you bought them.
2. Three conditions for a refund:
a) Your tickets must be "actual" hard tickets (not "eTickets.")
b) You must not have removed the tickets from their UT sealed package.
c) You must not have "connected" them to a MyDisneyExperience account.
And, yes, there is a 5% restocking fee.
Your other choice if you let them expire, unused, is that you can use their
value toward buying a new ticket at a time when you do make a WDW trip.

Thanks for the reply, Robo.
Sounds like I'd be out of luck as far as a refund since they are e-tickets that are already connected to my MDE account.
Does the option to use their value toward buying a new ticket at a later date hold true for e-tickets that are already linked to MDE or no?

Thanks for the reply, Robo.
1. Sounds like I'd be out of luck as far as a refund since they are e-tickets that are already connected to my MDE account.
2. Does the option to use their value toward buying a new ticket at a later date hold true for e-tickets that are already linked to MDE...
1. Agreed.
2. Yes.
The requirement is that the tickets have not been used at WDW for park entry.

I was preparing to buy tickets this week, went and looked at the calendar, and the prices for the dates I need went up significantly in the last couple of weeks. Two 3-day park hopper tickets went from about $360 to more than $400.

How often is Disney planning to hike the prices? Does anybody know? I can't buy the tickets until the end of the week, and now I'm scared that by the time I'm able to buy them they'll be hiked even more. This is more stressful than buying the airplane ticket!

I was preparing to buy tickets this week, went and looked at the calendar, and the prices for the dates I need went up significantly in the last couple of weeks. Two 3-day park hopper tickets went from about $360 to more than $400.

1. How often is Disney planning to hike the prices? Does anybody know?
2. I can't buy the tickets until the end of the week, and now I'm scared that by the time I'm able to buy them they'll be hiked even more.
1. Nobody knows anything.
2. Though possible (anything is possible,) that would be unlikely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter