• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I did buy my AP Tuesday night, not knowing when it would go up, but sure it will go up, lol, and don't wanna miss it like I did last year! I had to call because I couldn't get it on my MDE on the computer or the app, it wouldn't let me update info or put in disney gift card payment.

She said they would mail me the voucher I think she said. I said I don't pick it up at guest relations, she said no they mail it. Hmm. Not sure exactly what I'll get, will they send the actual AP card? And is this new AP in my MDE already? Also, what I'm wondering about is making sure not to use it accidentally when making my FP's in another month, or somehow using it when not meaning to. I already have an AP that is valid until august 1st. I don't want this one to be active until nov 23rd when we go to a park for that trip. Any way to protect my new AP ticket in my MDE from accidental use?

Eta: I just checked my MDE and do not see the new ticket there, and strangely I do not see my AP that is good until 8/1/19. Why would that be?

Last edited:
I did buy my AP Tuesday night, not knowing when it would go up, but sure it will go up, lol, and don't wanna miss it like I did last year! I had to call because I couldn't get it on my MDE on the computer or the app, it wouldn't let me update info or put in disney gift card payment.

She said they would mail me the voucher I think she said.
1. I said I don't pick it up at guest relations, she said no they mail it. Hmm. Not sure exactly what I'll get,
2. will they send the actual AP card?
3. And is this new AP in my MDE already? Also,
4. what I'm wondering about is making sure not to use it accidentally when making my FP's in another month,
5. or somehow using it when not meaning to. I already have an AP that is valid until august 1st. I don't want this one to be active until nov 23rd when we go to a park for that trip.
6. Any way to protect my new AP ticket in my MDE from accidental use?
7. Eta: I just checked my MDE and do not see the new ticket there, and strangely I do not see my AP that is good until 8/1/19. Why would that be?

1. What you will get is a card (or paper voucher) that can be used when you get to a WDW Guest Relations to "activate" your new AP.
2. Unless they make a major change, you will still need to go to a Guest Relations or ticket booth to activate your AP and pick up the actual "AP ID Card" -used for discounts, etc.
(It is possible that if they send a "card" that -after you go to GR to activate- you can use
it as the "AP Card." But, that's not something to worry about in advance.)
3. It should be (but its not important until your FP reservation date.)
4. You CANNOT (it is not possible to) "accidentally use" an AP until you are actually at WDW.
But, having the unactivated AP certificate info in MDX will allow FP+ to be booked in advance.
5. If you do not physically go to a Guest Relations and have the CM activate your new AP... it cannot be used.
6. If you don't activate it, it cannot be used.
7. Very, very common GLITCH in MDX.
Try the Phone App.
Try the MDX web site.
Try different web browsers.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Don't panic. Don't worry.
If any of your tickets or APs or certificates don't eventually show up in MDX, call WDW I.T.
They are often very busy with these kind of issues.
But, WDW I.T. can address them, if the problems don't actually "solve themselves" in the unpredictable MDX.

I bought tix from undercovertourist, great deal.. 6 days for the price of 4 ( no hopper option). I will be park touring for 5 days. I was wondering can I use two of my days in one? Meaning if in the morning I want to go to AK, then at night go to EPCOT,

A. 2 days of my tix will be used correct?
B. Is this allowed?
C. Or can I only use one tix a day as I did not purchase park hopper.
A. No. That can't happen.
B. It is not.
C. That is the only option possible. The park's "ticket reader" will reject a non-Hopper at a second park on the same day.

Hoping someone can help! I don't know how but it looks like I deleted the email that has the barcode for our theme park ticket purchase. Will WDW send this to me again? I need that bar code to get and activate our tickets for our trip!

Hoping someone can help! I don't know how but it looks like I deleted the email that has the barcode for our theme park ticket purchase. Will WDW send this to me again? I need that bar code to get and activate our tickets for our trip!

Tickets (unlike APs) do not need to be "activated."

If you have an MDX account and MBs, you don't need anything else at all.
If you have MagicBands (new, of from a previous trip) you can use them at the parks.
If you will not be using MBs, then you do need to pick up plastic tickets.
You can call and have WDW send you a new barcode document.
You will use it at the park gate the first time you enter.
You will then be given plastic tickets.
------
If you WILL be using MBs...
If you see your tickets in MDX, you're all ready.
If you don't see your tickets in MDX, call WDW I.T. and they can input them.

Last edited:
If you have an MDX account, you don't need anything else at all.

I do have an MDX account an the tickets show attached to each family member, but don't I need a barcode to activate them when we get to WDW?

I do have an MDX account an the tickets show attached to each family member, but don't I need a barcode to activate them when we get to WDW?

If you have MagicBands (new, of from a previous trip) you can use them at the parks.

(Tickets do not need to be "activated," but you do need either a plastic ticket card
or a MB to actually use them.)

Okay thank you! We won't get our magic bands until we check in as we are from Canada.

Question- I'm going to a conference at Disney next wk & got a discounted park tickets directly from Disney. Was planning on upgrading it to an AP and saving some money by bridging but since I bought it directly through Disney will I have to pay the actual difference between my ticket & the AP vs the full price ticket? Don't want to be insisting that the price should be cheaper than what the cast member tells me if it's not the case but it is a fairly significant discount that I'd obviously like to take advantage of if possible. Thanks!

Question- I'm going to a conference at Disney next wk & got a discounted park tickets directly from Disney. Was planning on upgrading it to an AP and saving some money by bridging but since I bought it directly through Disney will I have to pay the actual difference between my ticket & the AP vs the full price ticket? Don't want to be insisting that the price should be cheaper than what the cast member tells me if it's not the case but it is a fairly significant discount that I'd obviously like to take advantage of if possible. Thanks!
No price-bridging on tix bought directly from Disney.
You have to pay the difference between what you actually paid for your discounted ticket & the full price AP.

If a new never-used ticket does expire, you can use its value toward buying a NEW ticket at the time of your future trip.
This is not what I was recently told.

First, I went in person to GS in Disney Springs - as I posted back in February.

This week, I called again- because my AP expires soon, AND a WDW package booked for later this year (booked bounce back last year that includes tickets).

I was told expired is expired on WDW tickets. Both by the in-person CM and over the phone. (I also had an unused ticket form last year.)

Both CM's also told me- I can't apply upcoming package ticket early to a renewal - but I will be able to apply ticket value to a renewal. EXCEPT that doesn't quite make sense either, because the WDW package dates and the AP expiration dates are about 6 months apart. (outside the 60 day early renewal)

So....if I renew AP now, will I just be 'out' the value of that package ticket? Is there any official WDW website where I can look up documentation regarding expired tickets and their value?

Last edited:
This is not what I was recently told.

First, I went in person to GS in Disney Springs - as I posted back in February.

This week, I called again- because my AP expires soon, AND a WDW package booked for later this year (booked last year, but it includes tickets).

I was told expired is expired on WDW tickets. Both by the in-person CM and over the phone.

Both CM's also told me- I can't apply upcoming package ticket early to a renewal - but I will be able to apply ticket value to a renewal. EXCEPT that doesn't quite make sense either, because the WDW package dates and the AP expiration dates are about 6 months apart. (outside the 60 day early renewal)

So....if I renew AP now, will I just be 'out' the value of that package ticket? Is there any official WDW website where I can look up documentation regarding expired tickets and their value?

Call again on both situations.

No price-bridging on tix bought directly from Disney.
You have to pay the difference between what you actually paid for your discounted ticket & the full price AP.
I thought that conference tickets could not be changed or upgraded?

Is it possible to know what WDW was selling tickets for on March 11th? I want to see how much I would save by bridging UT tickets to an AP or if I should skip it and buy an AP directly with discounted gift cards.

1. I thought that conference tickets could not be changed or upgraded?

2. Is it possible to know what WDW was selling tickets for on March 11th?
1. Some can.
2. I'm looking for an archived price list. So far, no luck.

Still, there's like $400 on the line.

It all gets so tiresome.

Yesterday I went to a local store to use a coupon I had, but it wouldn't scan. More or less, the clerk accused me of trying to scam the store. ArGH! I have been a regular at this same store for years, but I guess that means nothing in 2019.

Lately this kind of thing has been happening more and more often. I could list many corporations that don't honor their own deals and coupons. I have wasted so much time trying to follow all the stupid rules of so many coupons that aren't honored, because they don't work unless I make some kind of stink.

I really don't want to be THAT customer that complains every day, y'know? It is exhausting to have to fight for all of this stuff all the time. Ya know? Just so much bait and switch these days.

WDW's new ticket policies are pretty sad.

Be aware that convention tickets often can't be upgraded.

This is a cautionary tale about upgrading to an AP before going to WDW. Maybe no one else thought of doing this but I did and it didn't work out. Anyway, I had read on Mousesavers that it was now possible to upgrade multi day tickets over the website app or the phone with ticketing customer service. I wanted to upgrade a 6 day UT ticket to an AP and the language of the Mousesavers write up sounded like there was a good chance of it working (see below). First I tried on the website and then on the APP but couldn't so I called. The CM I first talked to seemed like he would do that upgrade with a UT ticket but he said he needed UT's address so I ended the call to look that up. When I called back, the CM (a different one) stopped me cold right away and would not do the upgrade and neither would a supervisor. I'll have to upgrade when I get there in July but I am afraid APs will have gone up a lot by then. Another screw up on my part :( It won't help me to call again and play CM roulette since my ticket number has been flagged (I tried a third time but that CM who also stopped me right away and said there was a note associated with the ticket number that it couldn' be upgraded to an AP over the phone - this note probably because I had insisted on to talking to a supervisor the second time I called).

Note that I know the below statement doesn't say it was a guarantee but it did make it sound very possible. Again this is a caution for those that were thinking of doing the same thing.

Mousesaver's quote on this:
  • Most upgrades of current tickets can now be done online, using the Disney World app or over the phone. This is new; for a long time you had to upgrade in person. But now once you’ve linked your ticket to MyDisneyExperience, you should be able to change it yourself, whether you’ve purchased it directly from Disney or from a third-party retailer like Undercover Tourist. Odd situations (upgrading older tickets, upgrading to specialty annual passes, etc.) still need to be done by a Cast Member, but they may be able to do it on the phone. Try to do your upgrade in MyDisneyExperience first, and if you can’t get it to work, call Disney World ticketing directly at (407) 566-4985, during normal daytime hours in Florida. Don’t just call the main Disney number – you’re likely to get a Cast Member that only knows how to do the most basic upgrades.

Can completely unused tickets be upgraded to AP vouchers that I could activate at a later date? Or are the APs activated at the time of the upgrade?

Are UT date specific tickets (looks like the late December dates are still the pre-increase old price) bridged to the full gate price for those dates?

Thank you, Ticket rule Pros!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter