Hi,
I'm just wanting someone to double check my bridging math. I have one adult 10 day PH purchased 2018 before price increase. If I am bridging to AP...
$904.19 minus $548.48 = $355.71
I also have one adult 10 day PH plus purchased 2018 before price increase. To bridge to AP $904.19 minus $564.65 = $339.54.
My current tickets have February expiration date and I was planning to do upgrade in a couple weeks but not activate. If I remember right, there is a place in Disney Springs that I can do this without going to the parks and paying for parking. Where is this??
Guest Relations at Disney Springs is called the “Welcome Center.”
That said, it may be that once you are physically at WDW you could upgrade via your MDX account.

Last edited:
Quick question: We have the stay, play, dine package that begins with check in on January 1st. We are actually arriving December 30th. Does anyone know if we will be able to use those tickets before the 1st of January? We are doing a split stay, if that matters. I am not able to select Fastpass+ options for dates before January 1st, so I am thinking maybe it is not possible. Thoughts?

Quick question: We have the stay, play, dine package that begins with check in on January 1st. We are actually arriving December 30th. Does anyone know if we will be able to use those tickets before the 1st of January? We are doing a split stay, if that matters. I am not able to select Fastpass+ options for dates before January 1st, so I am thinking maybe it is not possible. Thoughts?
You can activate them early.

As soon as you activate these packaged tickets, book FPs for those days. It’s the “packaging” that keeps you from booking FPs now for the park days prior to your actual package start date.

You can activate them early.

As soon as you activate these packaged tickets, book FPs for those days. It’s the “packaging” that keeps you from booking FPs now for the park days prior to your actual package start date.
What is the process for activating early?

What is the process for activating early?

If it is still allowed, and I have not yet seen that it IS still allowed
(at least not farther than TWO days before the check-in date...
which WOULD work out in your case...)
Just take a photo ID and your MagicBand with you (your check-in confirmation number can help)
to any Guest Relations on WDW property and ask.

(I hope that they have not completely curtailed the early ticket activation.
It USED to be up to 10 days before check-in, but I have only seen
one posting that says they will now only allow that up to 2 days before check-in.)

AND (there are SO MANY new rules to consider)
If you are allowed to activate your package tickets 2 days earlier than check-in...
THAT will alter the start-date (obviously) of your tickets, and THAT can affect the COST
of your tickets... due to the "date-specific" ticket prices.

Last edited:

Sorry as I know this has been asked and answered, but needed confirmation. Have a package with mom, dad, grandma, and two young kids with base tickets. If mom and dad want to upgrade to hoppers, they can do so at check in and not have to upgrade grandma and kids, correct?

Sorry as I know this has been asked and answered, but needed confirmation. Have a package with mom, dad, grandma, and two young kids with base tickets. If mom and dad want to upgrade to hoppers, they can do so at check in and not have to upgrade grandma and kids, correct?
Yes. After arrival.

Ok, just called Disney to get flex ticket prices, since they aren't on the website for some reason.

4 day base ticket 1 park per day WITH FLEXIBLE DATES for an adult is $473.93. That same ticket on Visit Orlando right now when using the GIFT code and the black Friday deal is $382.44 per ticket or a savings of $91.49 per ticket. MUCH BETTER savings and best I've seen so I pulled the trigger. That leaves me with a bridge price of $36.21 per ticket (times 5 tix) for a silver pass and $174.66 for the gold pass. Total bridge price of $355.71. Total savings of $548.93. I opted to ship the tickets at $14.95 so the actual savings is $533.98 across 6 tickets.

I'm stoked! Roughly 17% savings, and I will use Disney Gift cards for the balance that I also got at a discount. Thanks for the help!

To answer the linking - the tickets can either be picked up for shipped via FedEx. No email option.

I'm mad as hell. This turned out to be too good to be true. Just got the tickets. They're the old 4 day tickets. The confirmation printouts with the tickets are from 10/1 and 10/2. So instead of saving $90+ per ticket by bridging now it's only $20. They don't accept returns. Nowhere do they identify the tickets on the website as the old pricing. From the website:

Walt Disney World® Flexible Date Disney 1 Park Per Day Ticket
One park per day tickets, you choose one park per day from the four unique theme parks: EPCOT®, Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios®.. Things to do and events at Walt Disney World feature interactive rides, animal adventures, magical attractions, popular character experiences, dining, shopping and more!

Note: Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, and first use must be on or before December 31, 2019.

I guess I'm screwed now. There were so many better options to upgrade. Stay away from Visit Orlando, they're selling the old tickets.

I am wanting to upgrade my annual pass and am NOT in my renewal window. With the recent price changes, will I pay the difference between what I paid initially and what prices are now or will I pay the difference between what the price is now for my current pass and the price now for the new pass I'd like to get? Is it the same policy as ticket to annual pass upgrade?

I am wanting to upgrade my annual pass and am NOT in my renewal window. With the recent price changes, will I pay the difference between what I paid initially and what prices are now or will I pay the difference between what the price is now for my current pass and the price now for the new pass I'd like to get? Is it the same policy as ticket to annual pass upgrade?

You didn't say what kind of AP you HAVE, nor what kind of AP you WANT.

You might be charged the difference between what you paid for the Gold AP under the previous pricing and the Platinum AP at today's pricing.

There is no prorating of AP pricing, so you'd still pay full price, even if you only had a few months left in your AP year.

But, considering that you will be upgrading "last year's AP," it can't hurt to "ask nicely" for the least expensive upgrade price (as in, "last year's" Platinum AP price to upgrade.)

Last edited:
The earliest I’ve read is 2 days early which fits the PP’s timeline.

*Checking with a TA for more info; will report back.
I sure hope this is not going to be one of those "depends on what CM you get at the ticket counter" things. I'm worried it is going to be, sort of like bridging is. Sometimes, you hit the lottery and get one that does it right and you pay the expected amount, other times you don't and you get one that pulls up the price the reseller paid and charges you too much for the upgrade. Those CM rarely budge from their price.
So you may well get a TA who talks to a CM in ticketing who has said, yes, you can pick them up but then you get another when you get the guest down there who says no you can't. Unless someone can find it written in the rules somewhere. There is wording somewhere that sure made it sound like they were going to stop this. Not that the wording means a thing, as we all know, but either way I wouldn't be surprised. The date thing, and usage thing, is going to make it way more complicated and would sure give them a reason to stop it.

Not that I can think of. Boy something in writing would be great. At least having something helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter