Thoughts on Lowball Offer

I guess if you’re completely willing to walk away, and don’t care if you get the contract, there’s no harm in a low ball offer. But sometimes there’s a loaded contract with a particular UY and resort, and just the right number of points, that seems relatively reasonably priced that I wouldn’t waste time putting in an offer monstrously below asking. I would think most of the time you’d just miss out.

Looks like average time from accepted offer to points in account is about 90 days from seeing other people's timelines. Seems like a long time to have a deposit tied up. House closings don't even take 90 days.
I agree! Mine was tied up for 91 Days. It shouldn't take that long.

You are dreamin' lol
I'm a Disney Fanatic - of course I'm a DREAMER :earboy2:
The broker responded extremely quickly, and was about to present my lowball offer to the seller; then a few minutes later responded that they received a higher offer, closer to the list price. Oh well - "nothing ventured"...... :goodvibes
I'll have to put fresh bait on the hook, and cast the line out again.
Thanks, heynowirv, for flagging that listing for me!
ET:darth:

I'm a Disney Fanatic - of course I'm a DREAMER :earboy2:
The broker responded extremely quickly, and was about to present my lowball offer to the seller; then a few minutes later responded that they received a higher offer, closer to the list price. Oh well - "nothing ventured"...... :goodvibes
I'll have to put fresh bait on the hook, and cast the line out again.
Thanks, heynowirv, for flagging that listing for me!
ET:darth:
No giving up allowed on this thread LOL!!

If I read the ROFR board correctly, I don't believe this one resulted from a lowball offer though. It was originally listed by the seller at $100PP.

I called on it as soon as I saw it. It was a price reduction to $100 on a stripped contract. Fidelity told me that it sold immediately after the price was lowered. I would have made a contingency offer but the broker stated they already had 3 backups and didn't want any more.
The seller probably could have lowered it to $110 and got the same quick responses.

Minor rant that I am sure everyone scouring the web for a new contract can appreciate:

Can I just say, I wish all brokers had a standard way of listing contracts? I don't want to read a biography on the history of the points....I'm looking at you DVC by Resale! www.DVCStore.com , www.DVCsales.com , and DVC Resale Market have great listings. I want to easily see the main info with sortable columns. Extra brownie points for sortable years so you can sift thru and find the loaded ones easy. And while I am at it- listing the expiration right there on the table helps to find the extended OKW.

That is all. 😁
Yes! 1000x YES!

I'm sure the other sites would tell you that putting everything in a block of text allows them to explain what points come from where more accurately than what DVCResaleMarket does, but I'd take the DVC Resale Market formatting all day, with an explanation of what points originally came from what years when you click through. Their site is by far the user-friendliest of the larger DVC resale sites, IMHO.
Agree. That’s where I go first every time.

My question is are most people here looking for a fair price or just fishing for a contract?

This is a good question but it really depends on a person's perception of the current situation. The offers I put in right now might be considered "fishing" but at the same time I really believe what I'm offering is where the price is going to go. Prices get to a certain point generally because someone is the first one to set that price. Most indicators should tell us that the list prices for most currently available contracts are too high. If you look at the ROFR thread, if you bake in the economic indicators, virus fears, WDW uncertainty, etc.

By the way, I think VGF is a great example of this. Most of the contract postings I see are in the $160-$200 range. The recent ROFR 'waiting'
average is in the $150s. If someone posts a 100 point VGF for $180 and I see a similar contract went for $150 a week ago, and $155 2 weeks ago, then I see no problem offering $140 or $145 and going from there.

Last edited:
This is a good question but it really depends on a person's perception of the current situation. The offers I put in right now might be considered "fishing" but at the same time I really believe what I'm offering is where the price is going to go. Prices get to a certain point generally because someone is the first one to set that price. Most indicators should tell us that the list prices for most currently available contracts are too high. If you look at the ROFR thread, if you bake in the economic indicators, virus fears, WDW uncertainty, etc.

By the way, I think VGF is a great example of this. Most of the contract postings I see are in the $160-$200 range. The recent ROFR 'waiting'
average is in the $150s. If someone posts a 100 point VGF for $180 and I see a similar contract went for $150 a week ago, and $155 2 weeks ago, then I see no problem offering $140 or $145 and going from there.
VGF has always been overpriced (and pretentious IMHO) .On the other hand I see people offering 85. on a 100 point BWV and get offended when they don't get a counter.

I offered $99 right out of the gate for the BRV 100 I am buying. It was listed at $109 with 100 20 and 21 points. I was ready to rescind and make an offer on another listing (I had a list of four, actually) after waiting nearly 48 hours but received an acceptance. I left a polite message the night before suggesting we were ready to pull the plug, so maybe that did it...

I have put in numerous fair offers for crazy high prices and typically received a counter for $3 or $5 off. I have worked with three of the brokers previously and they were all receptive and gracious. I got an attitude from one I hadn't worked with before (not the owner) in making an offer and I have a long memory as we tend to buy and sell.

You do your research and base your offer on what you feel is fair and let it fly...sooner or later you will reel one in! :earboy2:

Would someone be able to help me with the link to DVC direct pricing for all resorts please? I’m having trouble locating it and am trying to weigh out a direct vs. resale contract for HHI. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter