Thoughts on Lowball Offer

It is actually UA at some time this morning! I spoke with the broker and was offered a better deal, but not enough to make me bite. We have two contracts and enough points so I can wait it out with you and our other disboard friends!

Edit: it was a clerical error that it was listed at $115
I hope they get what they want.

I'm back into the low ball Aulani offers this morning. See if anybody is more interested in selling... Amazed by some of the CC and Poly deals you all got.

This was just relisted for $128/pt. I wonder what would’ve happened if you had offered a full price bid when it was listed at $115?
I literally came to this forum to ask what "relisted" meant. I thought it was just their way of advertising again but I guess it's when an accepted offer falls through?

How many people usually ask the seller to pay current year dues & closing?
I know I keep saying we are going to wait until the fall to buy but we found a contract we actually like and if we get it for $100/pt we’ll buy. The contract has half the 2020 points used.
If it was me I'd pay the closing and MF's on whatever 2020 points were left. To me that is only fair.

I feel with the current civil unrest and Covid 19 still burning in the background that prices will continue to decrease.

Well - it was summarily rejected by the broker.
I offered $90 - the broker responded with: "The seller has already rejected $105; would you like to raise your offer?"
to which I responded "No Thanks".
So I'm sensing that he/she would not even present that offer to the seller.
It's the only BWV for <100 Points - June Use Year that I have seen all year...
But I'm looking for another MIDAS deal - "I'm not gonna pay a lot for this muffler" :earboy2:
ET:darth:

Sounds like the offer I made for the 100 BWV June UY contract. They also rejected my $107.5 counter offer. The broker told me they were looking for at least $110 and it's currently listed as Sale Pending.

I offered $90 - the broker responded with: "The seller has already rejected $105; would you like to raise your offer?"
But I'm looking for another MIDAS deal - "I'm not gonna pay a lot for this muffler" :earboy2:
Man you are phishing'. I'll buy you a beer if you get a 100 point BWV for under 100.It doesn't even have to pass ROFR just find someone to accept your offer.

Good for you! I've been traveling the same road and getting differing responses from different brokers. I'm amazed at the lack of enthusiasm from some brokers who don't want to even engage their seller in reasonable IMO, fair market negotiations. Maybe the seller woke up this morning and decided to sell at $90 - the broker doesn't know this if they don't contact the seller. I've had several truly odd interactions just this week... I have to keep reminding my self that I DON'T have to buy right now and if I toss out and offer and it is rejected (5 so far in 3 weeks), so what!

Man you are phishing'. I'll buy you a beer if you get a 100 point BWV for under 100.It doesn't even have to pass ROFR just find someone to accept your offer.
It's Open Season for "Fishing"! :rotfl2:
I was spoiled by getting SSR at $89/Pt, and that was a Pre-COVID price.
BWV only has 22 year life-span, and is due for a price correction, IMHO.
You find me some more BWV listings for 100 Points-June Use Year, and I'll submit the offers.

It's Open Season for "Fishing"! :rotfl2:
I was spoiled by getting SSR at $89/Pt, and that was a Pre-COVID price.
BWV only has 22 year life-span, and is due for a price correction, IMHO.
You find me some more BWV listings for 100 Points-June Use Year, and I'll submit the offers.
I'll keep my eyes out for you .22 years yes LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. It still dominates real estate.

I offered $75/pt we pay closing on two dif aulani contracts yesterday. One was countered and one was declined. I can't see myself paying any more than that for AUL in this current climate. Too much risk - I would rather wait and pay in the 90s next year than overpay now.

ETA: Both had no 2020 points but full 2021.

I offered $75/pt we pay closing on two dif aulani contracts yesterday. One was countered and one was declined. I can't see myself paying any more than that for AUL in this current climate. Too much risk - I would rather wait and pay in the 90s next year than overpay now.

ETA: Both had no 2020 points but full 2021.
Yes this is what i am looking for right now. I had someone counter at 85$ but Aulani dues are so darned high I really do not want to pay too much for it.

I just got locked out of the DVC Sales website after sending two low offers. Apparently the sellers find low offers offensive. "We are in this business to sell memberships, but we find that extremely low offers can create problems with our sellers.". What really angers me is I bought my first bay lake contract with them last year.

We are on the cusp of what almost every economist predicts will be a recession. The debate is not if but how bad the recession will be. The fact a lot of us are not willing to pay top dollar for what is a luxury purchase shouldn't offend anyone. It really does feel like these realtors are totally ignoring facts while claiming prices are going to go up. I could be wrong in fact a large part of me hopes my 225 point Bay lake contract will rise in value but it's my opinion it is going to go down with every other DVC price.

It's really hard to keep respect for the profession when so many of these realtors actively try to stop you from presenting offers to sellers. At the very best it's my opinion the vast majority suffer from a huge case of cognitive dissonance as we are heading into a recession and they still believe prices will continue to go up.

I just got locked out of the DVC Sales website after sending two low offers. Apparently the sellers find low offers offensive. "We are in this business to sell memberships, but we find that extremely low offers can create problems with our sellers.". What really angers me is I bought my first bay lake contract with them last year.

We are on the cusp of what almost every economist predicts will be a recession. The debate is not if but how bad the recession will be. The fact a lot of us are not willing to pay top dollar for what is a luxury purchase shouldn't offend anyone. It really does feel like these realtors are totally ignoring facts while claiming prices are going to go up. I could be wrong in fact a large part of me hopes my 225 point Bay lake contract will rise in value but it's my opinion it is going to go down with every other DVC price.

It's really hard to keep respect for the profession when so many of these realtors actively try to stop you from presenting offers to sellers. At the very best it's my opinion the vast majority suffer from a huge case of cognitive dissonance as we are heading into a recession and they still believe prices will continue to go up.

I can actually understand both sides but it seems like other than the shot in the dark that landed on someone who really wanted to just sell that most are not going for the true lowball offer. I don't know about the recession. It seems likely but most economists have been stating that for several years now and it hadn't happened. I'd say though that you have to actually wait for the recession and demand for resale to drop. If the prices are too high for you then that's just the fact so hang in there until a change happens. A lot of the basis for the low ball offers has been that the pandemic would create sellers who desperately needed to sell but that doesn't seem to have happened in any great number.

I do think you're the first I've heard of being "locked out" of a resale website! I know others have been told their low offers won't be presented but not locked out.

I made a lowball offer on a contract on their site and did not even receive a response. I guess they don't understand the art of negotiation. I have 3 contracts and on one of them, I eventually increased my offer by $10/point from my original offer. With the contract on the site in question, my original low-ball offer was $20 below asking, but I would have been willing to raise it to around $6 below asking. This might have been high enough for the seller to accept, but now we'll never know. I will never, ever use this company in the future due to their lack of decency to even give me a response. They may be sick of all the low ball time wasters out there, but in ignoring them all, they are going to lose sales from those who are smart and initally offer low but are willing to come up closer to asking price. When you buy a house or car, do you immediately offer full asking price? Perhaps in a tough seller's market, yes. We're not in a seller's market right now if you ask me.

In their defense after sending them an email when I could not log in that's when she told me the reason I was locked out was because of all the low offers (two!). She then unlocked it and I was able to log in again.

I'm not at all mad or annoyed with sellers asking a high price. It's not only their right but I also think it's the smart move. Start high and come down if your price isn't met. What I'm so damn annoyed with is Realtors interference and trying to make people people who want to make low offers feel like it's not OK.

Also to deny the fact that we are heading for a recession is not just stupid but possibly negligent. I believe by the definition of the word we are already in a recession. Let's just hope it's mild and we recover soon.

"The novel coronavirus has spurred what will likely be the worst recession in generations as the U.S. economy grinds to a halt and millions lose their jobs.
100%
Chance of Recession Within 12 Months
Bloomberg Economics created a model last year to determine America’s recession odds. The chance of a recession now stands at 100%, confirming an end to the nation’s longest-running expansion." From Bloomberg

"The global economy will contract the most since World War II this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, reducing incomes and sending millions of people into poverty in emerging and developing nations, the World Bank said.

Global gross domestic product will probably shrink 5.2 per cent in 2020, the Washington-based development organization said in its semi-annual Global Economic Prospects report Monday."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!