Thought I's save you all some time...

I'll just say I'm perfect and leave it at that LOL!

:eek: :eek:

Actually, I'm overweight, i SMOKE, I drink sometimes on weekends, or on vacation. ( I love the Rose & Crown Pub). ;) I've done the drugs years ago, I think I turned out OK. I live with my partner of 7 years Very happy together. I have an OK job, I sometimes talk on the cell phone while driving and I havn't registered to vote since moving to NJ.

RNMOM - if anyone gives you any trouble - send them my way;)

ROFL!

I'd probably be a full time smoker and an alcoholic drug addict if I didn't get bored so quickly. :rolleyes: I get tired of anything after awhile, so I only smoke when I drink and I only drink when I'm bored. I smoked a whole lot of pot when I was a teenager, until I finally decided that I wouldn't accomplish anything by sitting around my basement doing bong hits and watching cartoons and All My Children. I gave it up, but ocassionally I think about it and miss the old days of being oblivious.

I'm a Yellow Dog Democrat living in a town full of conservatives and I'm always the one at every party who gets into it with one of them. People still invite me to their parties, I guess I'm like the novelty.

I'm terribly anal retentive. If you come to my house and eat dinner, I will more than likely take your plate before you are done eating I am so much in a hurry to get it washed.

I'm almost always late for apppointments and I don't think I have ever been on time for work in 9 years. I just saw on TV the other day that this is a sign of someone who is a selfish egotistical person, so I guess I am that too.

I do love my family and my friends and will go to bat for anyone that I love. I'm loyal to the core, have a tendency to run my mouth when I'm challenged, and snort when I laugh.

Ahhh, how therapeutic that was! Who's next?

Originally posted by snoopy
I'm terribly anal retentive. If you come to my house and eat dinner, I will more than likely take your plate before you are done eating I am so much in a hurry to get it washed.

OMG Snoopy, you just described my mother-in-law! Must be an italian thing, huh?;)

Fun....I tend to be irresponsible, unorganized, and you can probably slide me into the "agnostic" category. I'm 31 and I still love punk rock and if you're into a last minute road trip-I'm there! My car is incredibly messy, and I'm married to a neat-freak.:rolleyes: One of my best friends refers to me as a "Dirty Hands Liberal", and I think this board is so cool. Where else could you find such diversity?

Oh yeah, I love beer and sometimes revert to smoking if I've had a few. :o

Hmmm. Let's see. I quit high school, took off across the country to California, came back, lived in a commune for 3 months. It took me 9 years to work my way through community college because I worked full time and went to school part time. Oh, what's even worse is that I love community college and am a big advocate of it. I weight lift but I'm not a body builder. I like to wear skirts and dresses more than shorts or pants. I have some gray hair starting to show, I am obsessed with the kitchen counters being clean and I don't have a creative bone in my body.

I try to always treat others with love and respect, but I'm human and as you can see, I'm not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination.

Groosch...I waz the poster child fer a perfect childhood...that came back to haunt me in a number of ways...I ballooned up to the size of a mid-sized moose....I drank and smoked....I basically hated myself....my Dad died suddenly...and after a 'joy ride' thur college...I was forced into the 'real world'....I hated that too...'cause I still hated myself for my size....at sum point...and I'm nert sure where or why....perhaps God (sorry to those whom that might offend)...I realized that life was to a large degree what I made of it....years later...and almost 150 pounds less, later....I began to think I was "ok"....I found the most wonderful person in the world..despite my phyiscal problems....got married....started to seriously take care of myself....got into an 'extra martial affair' with becoming healthy...and have not regreted it since....flame away

Some skeletons will STAY in the closet!
Otherwise, I was raised Catholic and am now atheist (after trying for several years to BELIEVE-- it just didn't happen).
I'm a mom because I chose to be-- through adoption, though I have been on antidepressants for panic and depression since my hysterectomy. The meds seem to keep those feelings of failure at bay...
I work a few hours on the weekends, otherwise a SAHM. I would adopt more kids if we had the finances and the patience, but my nerves would probably fry...
I despise smoking, have a dog, DIS way too much, and try to figure things out that most people probably never even give a second thought to! Oh, and I seem to be a Republican although most of my neighbors are Dems. I drink frequently, but not to the extreme. I didn't have contact with my parents for 11 yrs but have mended the relationship.
I am really lucky to have married my best friend. OK, I'll shut up before you get totally bored!;)

ok I'll play-I am an overweight middle aged Practicing Catholic. I work for a company I hate (anyone see dateline on sunday?) doing a job I love. I am registered as a republican but have voted the issues in every election since I turned 18. I have a great relationship with my parents,my inlaws, and my brother altho I can take or leave my SIL. I have been married for 19 years to a really good man who deserves better and God has blessed me with two sons any parent would be proud of and I still feel like I am not good enough and it will all go away some day.

Originally posted by Goofyposter
got into an 'extra martial affair' with becoming healthy...and have not regreted it since....flame away

Just out of curiosity here....(yeah, yeah I've heard the one about curiosity and the cat.....);)...which one have you not regretted, the becoming healthy, or the 'extra martial affair'????

Did you mean martial as in the martial arts....or marital as in being married? :D

Sawree Blondie...yer know my spill'in skills! ;)

I meant 'both'...I meant that becoming healthy, was/is my 'extra martial' affair'!!! :)

and I certainly do not regret it ( or git'in married either! ) :)....hope this helps! :)

Wow what an interesting bunch of people.

I guess I left out my wayward ways of the 70's.:rolleyes: Nuff said. Life was very different then.

I too have a DH of nearly 24 years that deserves better. He is very tall and thin, I am very much the opposite. There is a 14 inch height difference and a lot more than that in waist sizes.

I have just one request. I would love if none of us ever feels we have to appologize for our belief in God or non belief. We just shouldn't have to. Right?

We are who we are and we are great. We are the DIS.

Well put, RNMOM.

By the way, my wonderful DH is 13 inches taller than me. I would love to be able to look him in the eye on a dance floor (on the rare occasions when we dance) instead of his middle shirt button.

Well put, RNMOM.

By the way, my wonderful DH is 13 inches taller than me. I would love to be able to look him in the eye on a dance floor (on the rare occasions when we dance) instead of his middle shirt button.

Well put, RN. I for one will never apologize for my beliefs or my questioning God at times. I respect others in their beliefs and would never try to persuade them to belief the same as I. I wouldn't like it if someone did that to me.
As far as the 70's sometimes I wonder how I even made it during that time period.
I do read some of the religious threads that get started because I feel so dumb in that area. I enjoy reading wdwhounds threads on religion, sad to say he and one other person is the only one out there that are "nice" about explaining their beliefs without insulting others, most christians dont know how to do that.

Wow! Great thread. Seems rather theraputic....

I should lose about 20 pounds. (working on it)
Both my parents are/were alchoholics. Dad's gone almost 2 years now because of it. Brother's well on his way.
I work full time and don't like my job. I wish I was a SAHM for my DS 15 months.
I am a Luthern but yet I still have questions about religion... I'm very confused. So sue me!
I love country music!!!!!!!
I too like to drink and sometimes even have a cigarette when I drink. Although I do keep tabs on the drinking part. I usually only have drinks on weekends. But, I've been known to have a beer after work once in a while.
I was a bad student and skipped school all the time.
I'm not real good at following throught with stuff I start.
I love to read.
I'm not at all creative.
I DIS from work.
I have squeezed an extra adult in my room at WDW! OH-NO!

Boy I could go on and on. Thanks for letting us have a thread where we can say how we feel without too much of a fear of being judged for saying it. Rather refreshing. Hope I didn't offend anyone too much or sound too much like a hypocryte. (sp?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter