Thought I's save you all some time...

You sound pretty cool to me, RNMOM, I, on the other hand, am fatally flawed.

I'm overweight and I don't have a career :rolleyes: My only child is grown up and actually likes me, now there's a flaw for you.

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie, I think you're great :)

Great thread, RNMOM!

I, for one, TRY to see the good in everyone. It's just that for some, you have to look a bit harder than for others . . .

Just had to add....I have been told I am an extrovert.
I talk a lot.
But I am a good person!!
Which I believe is the most important quality of all.

RNMOM, you sound almost SAINTLY compared to a despicable character around here who loves animals, drives an old Volvo, and is a diehard RED SOX fan. Discretion prevents me from sharing his name...........;)

I understand what you're trying to do, and I think it's great. If we can't see ourselves as equals, despite our differences, how can we call this a family. I may not agree with the way you believe or how you might want to live you life, but it's not my place to pass judgment. Especially on a Internet board. We don't know what is really going on in everyone's lives, or why they do what they do.

As for me, I am underweight and undernourished (long story), I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs. I am a Christian, Republican, conservative, but I have many friends who are not. I stayed at home till my girls were in high school, and now I work for a divorce attorney. I have been married to my best friend for 22 years. I have had 4 years of intense counseling to combat a sexual assault when I was 12, I was bulimic most of my high school and young adult years. My parents were divorced and I haven't spoken to my dad in 15 years. My girls pay for their own college even though I could have it I hadn't bought a new car and DVC. I don't make friends easily, and don't like pets (none, no dogs, cats, snakes, gerbils, birds, fish, etc.) Don't like the mess and don't like the time it takes to care for them. I am considering getting a tattoo, and love riding motorcycles.

Eros, honey, you are my hero. Can you teach me how to get all those great pictures? Uh, not the ones of the bikini babes, the OTHER ones? :rolleyes:

tc...I forgot to add my 7 years in therapy for incest survivorship. Been through the trenches too. Perhaps that is why I dislike judging people. There is so much that lies beneath the little bit each of us allows other to see.

I really appreciate all the warm fuzzys here today. Thanks guys.

Well I guess we all have less in common than I thought. I am very tall and slender (a model's build really), I have long blond hair, piecing blue eyes, and could look good in a potato sack, of course I have much better fashion sense than that and would never be caught dead wearing anything that wasn't overpriced by at least $165.00. I was educated at the best private schools, where I was class president, head cheerleader, and the prom queen. I also happened to be # 1 in my class ranking due to my very high intelligence. I don't like foreigners, poor people, stupid people, or anyone that listens to country music. I generously contribute to all the important causes in life. I live in a home that was once featured on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, where I throw lavish parties for dignitaries, celebrities, and other beautiful people like myself. If you have not received an invitation it is most likely because I am a stuck up snob and none of you are good enough to enter my home. I drive a car that you would all envy and have to save for 5 and 1/2 years to even start a lease for. I hope that I haven't offended any of you little people out there, and will be looking forward to seeing you at the drive through window of McDonald's in the future. Oh and so I will be able to save you the trouble, "No, I do not want fries with that" at least one of us on this board has to stay slim and beautiful and I have elected myself!

Good Day! (you may now grovel at my feet)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I am the queen of imperfect..ask my DH....lol
I too think we are realted!!! :)

You guys are cracking me up!!! What a great thread. :)

Ok, RNMom, this is for your eyes only....Im a SAHM. But shhhhhh, dont tell anyone since some people seem to have a big problem with it.

Since everyone else is confessing, Ill go for it too. I dont smoke and I dont like being around it when I eat. I do have a few drinks about once a week. Im not registered to vote. After 13 years of Catholic school I dont go to church. I dont like animals(we do have fish though). I didnt want to sit with other people at dinner when we went on our Disney cruise(which BTW, we went on without our kids). And to really push people over the edge, I followed the dress code. Im a soccer mom who drives a mini suv. And worst of all, I spend way too much time on the Dis when I should be playing with my kids.

Ok well I am an ex anorexic bulimic!! I drink wine and love it!! Dont smoke. Havent excerised in a year!! was in really bad debt up intill a few months ago (charge cards)
Grew up in a catholic home but have not been in a catholic church in too many years to count. (bad experience with the Catholic church)
So can I join this unperfect yet great group?? :D
Oh I have cellulite and stretchmarks also!! :smooth:

Ok well I am an ex anorexic bulimic!!(8 years ago) I drink wine and love it!! Dont smoke. Havent excerised in a year!! was in really bad debt up untill a few months ago (charge cards) (I am out of debt now thank goodness but it took a good 4 years to get out!!)
I only work 16 hours a week. And I am also a GASP SAHM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol :D
So can I join this imperfect yet great group?? :D
Oh I have cellulite and stretchmarks also!! :)

ROTFLMAO.. OF COURSE ONLY AFTER I SAID 'IF NOT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD...'

Oh my, I feel as if I am in Catholic School again, standing in line waiting for my confession to be heard....

BLESS ME DISSERS FOR.......

I, Joan, am overweight, neuroticaly neat, hobble short distances, I have an uncontrolled need to be helpful and nuturing.. to the point of enabling............. I also am a screamer when I am angry.

I am also proud to say that I am something a little rare...
I am both an adoptive parent AND a birth mother.

RNMOM, I gotta tell you, I often look for your post responses as they are interesting and well thought.

I am certainly enjoying this thread a great deal

Okay, since everyone is airing their dirty laundry so to speak....I could stand to lose 10-15 pounds (and I'm working on it) I curse like a drunken sailor when I'm mad and I rarely attend mass (working on that one too!)

I'm lazy, and I just might give you the evil eye if I think you look better than me! ;) ;)

I have a few skeletons in the closet ;) that fly out every once in a while--but they always come back home to rest again (I have them properly trained.)

Oh yeah, and I have an ADHD son who's on medication during the school year, so sue me.

Who is next? :cool:

:stands up and wildly applauds RNMOM for starting this:

and everyone else for jumping in:

My Turn:

I am also a bit overweight, work outside the home, and my 5YO DS has been in a day care center since he was 16 months old! *gasp* I enjoy my career and I LOVE my son and DH!
DH and I have been through a bit of a rough patch due to totally polar opposite schedules.
I don't smoke, will occasionally have a drink, and will eat too much stuff that is too bad for me.
I am not as patient as I could be, don't go to church often enough.
I would rather read anything than do housework or laundry (fortunately, DH likes it) and I love to cook.

I have so many skeletons from my "former" life I would burn my keyboard telling all of them... :rolleyes:

I grew up in the ghettos of Brooklyn hiding from my hoodlum friends that I was a "genius". I was a gang leader and graduated at the top of my class, talk about two faced! I pointed to kids I didn't like and they got beat up, BAD. It was my idea of power back then...

I remained a virgin and a teetotaler through the crazy 70s, but kept it a secret from my "cool friends". To the world I was a tough cookie but at home I was my Daddy's little girl. It was for survival, it was kill or be killed, ridicule or be ridiculed.

I went to a mostly Jewish school so I know more about Jews than blacks, which is what I am, by the way. I have dated every kind of man, I used to say everything but a monk, but managed to date one of those in my 20s. I even dated a member of the mob, who killed someone to get out of the mob because I asked him to get out before he was killed himself.

Through this all I was an atheist, then an agnostic. I had no use for the bible, thought it was a joke. I read it and knew it so I could throw it in the stupid "religious" people's faces. I just knew I knew better.

At the age of 30 I thought it was time to have a baby. It was my idea. I chose the cutest guy I knew and got pregnant. I lost my son 3 days after he was born.

I remember hearing someone screaming after my son died. It was me. I was watching Tina Turner singing the Beatles"Help". I remember begging for someone to PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. It was the day I found my best friend. Jesus.

Since then I have spent my life trying to help and uplift others. I became a grief counselor and counseled women who had lost babies. I look for mothers and babies that need my help. It is my calling.

Since that day I found my best friend, I was given the right to be the mother of a wonderful boy named Michael. He has made my life worthwhile, and I no longer feel the need to hurt people to feel special. He teaches me everyday how to make people feel better, not worse.

If you still ask questions, I'll tell you what my 83 year old Daddy tells me... "keep living".

You'll get the answers.... ;)

This is a great thread! Ok, I am a single mom with two DD (8 and 11). The eight year old drives me CRAZY!!!!! Although I have known it for a while, she has recently been diagnosed ADHD and will begin Adderall next Monday. I am REALLY hoping things will start improving with medication. I am a teacher who is suffering from SEVERE burnout. However, with 18 years of teaching behind me, I can hardly think about a career change now. My 11 year old is gifted and also a handful. She and I don't clash as much as the 8 year old and I do. I, like many others, am overweight. At one point in my life I lost close to 100 pounds. Unfortunately, I did it for the love of a man and when the man went, some of the ponds came back. I was widowed at age 30 with a 3 year old and was 6 months pregnant. Since that time, I have dated two men very seriously. Both of them were drunks and were physically and mentally abusive. In my brilliant judgement, I married the second drunk. Fortunately, I regained my senses and dumped the idiot. I prefer to think of myself as a widow not a divorcee. I would like to erase the entire second marriage from my mind. I am totally addicted to Disney, dachshunds, my girls, and UGA football! So, now you know all about me. :o

WOW robinrs, I think you have opened your soul to us. Can you hear me applaud you ??
It must have been so difficult to hide who you really were as a child, but like you said it was to survive.
I admire you for being so honest.
Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter