Things that parents do - my pet peeves

I have too! At the Pooh playground there was a woman with extraordinarily large breasts feeding her baby, and she had BOTH breasts out, despite the fact that baby was only using one. :scared1:

This is coming from a mom who has nursed on Storybookland Canal Boats (Disneyland) and pretty much anywhere else, as needed, so I'm very pro-nursing. But I don't get them both out at once!!!

I am probf'ing to but why on earth have both out at the same time? Things that make you go hmmm

Oh and a question for the nursing moms -- can't you pump and put the milk into bottles -- just for these type of feedings? I never nursed so I don't know much about it! :rolleyes1

Yes, you can do this, but it is a royal, colossal pain. Here are the two most significant consequences, in addition to the complication that many babies will not take a bottle:

1. Transporting breast milk is difficult, as it would need to be kept at a constant temperature, and then warmed up for serving. Breast milk "from the source" is always the right temperature and requires no refrigeration or special equipment.

2. Your body produces the milk on your baby's schedule. Your body is so smart that it actually learns what the baby needs and when. If you pump at an "off" time, it can kind of mess up that schedule.

So, yes, you can, but in my opinion it is not worth the intense hassle.

Just wanted to add to the nursing on a bench thing. I have found that in MK most of the benches that are out of the way and in the shade are a smoking area. I am not sitting in a smoking area nursing my baby.

FYI, I remember a wonderful "in the shade" place to nurse at MK...the secret path behind space mountain that leads to ToonTown. I was waiting for my older child on space mountain and baby needed to nurse...I was relieved to find a comfy place for me and baby, and it was a little out of the way..It's a lovely path too..flowers and all. Special "magical moment" for my then 5 month old and me.

Julie

My apologies I didn't mean to get defensive it is those little icons the little cheeky whistling face to me indicated that you knew that the comment would be a little bit controversial when you asked it. I am sorry if I misconstrued the icon. I shall answer the question.

It can take forever to express enough for a bottle, a baby is so much more effect at getting what they need out. So in order for me to get a bottles worth it could take 2-3 days. I would do that if on the rare occassion I needed to go out without the baby.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder either. Nobody has ever made a comment to me with regards to my feeding my child, I have never been asked to move to a toilet to feed them etc. I guess it annoys me that something so simple as feeding my child can bother so many people. Once again apologies if I came across as a grump.

I realise nobody suggested that we hike all the way over to the baby care centre to feed our children, I was using it as an example to the people who want to know when feeding why can't we go somewhere where we can't be seen. A baby needs to be fed, if you can sit down anywhere and pull out a bottle, why can the same not be said for nursing? Mothers that use bottles would be up in arms if they were told sorry, you need to do that in a baby care area. Again I realise that you never said we couldn't but it has been mentioned before so I was using it as an example.

Thank you for not caring how we feed our children, I don't cover up but I try to be as discreet as possible, alot of people wouldn't know I was feeding. But that said babies go through the stage where they are popping on an off and while I try hard to move my shirt in time with them so that no one catches a glimpse of something they would rather not see sometimes I might not make it.

I am sure you would not. And I will try my hardest, see above post, to ensure that doesn't happen. But my hardest does not include, walking to a babycare station, sitting in a toilet, etc.

and I am not quite sure on the Pot kettle statement, I never judged anyone, I realise people don't like people nursing, I don't pretend to understand why but that is your prerogative.

Yeah maybe I should have just left it but as I have explained above it is those little icons that do it I couldn't resist. I am defensive because some of these statements might put some women off nursing. If you don't want to breastfed because you are scared someone might tell you off I find that incredibly sad.

I apologise once again if I offended anyone with my post.

Kirsten

I did not imply you should travel to a specific location or nurse your child in the bathroom. I merely was pointing out that you claimed to have not been judgmental, but your entire post consisted of making judgments.

That being said, I never said that nursing women put me off, I agree with nursing, I was nursed, my three little sisters were nursed, and I'm sure I'll nurse when I have children of my own.

The only point I have ever tried to make about nursing is that you can be discreet about it. And you should be. Nursing involves a body part that in movies is rated PG-13. I'm not going to jump all over a mother for an accidental slip, but I was referring to the mothers who let it all "out" with no regards to modesty or who else might be in the park. Like it or not, the park is a public place, and if you can't be discreet or modest, then maybe a nursing station would be a good place. Comparing bottles to breasts is slightly different IMO as well.

Hope that cleared it up.

I have too! At the Pooh playground there was a woman with extraordinarily large breasts feeding her baby, and she had BOTH breasts out, despite the fact that baby was only using one. :scared1:

This is coming from a mom who has nursed on Storybookland Canal Boats (Disneyland) and pretty much anywhere else, as needed, so I'm very pro-nursing. But I don't get them both out at once!!!

That, that quote right there, THAT is my pet peeve.:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter