Things that gross you out in WDW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao:
Okay... did not read the entire thread ..... not even sure why I read any of it....... :lmao::lmao:
Cuz I am totally grossed out! :scared1:
I will never ..... use the handrails, smell the flowers, sit in a chair at a counter service, use a sink that hasn't been wiped clean and dry, ride a crowded bus on a hot day, go to the water parks, wear low-rise pant/shorts, eat a turkey leg, walk anywhere near the smoking area, use the finger scanners, drink out of a water fountain, .....
OMG... I think the list goes on and on....... :eek: :lmao::eek:

Next trip..... I will be the one in the plastic bubble!!!!!!
:thumbsup2

There is a huge difference between having a drink and being drunk. It is totally fine to have a glass of wine at diner time infront of your kids. Kids learn that it is controllable process, and nobody is drunk. Many times when kids are tought about evils of alcohol, they get drunk first moment they legally can. And if anyone wonders, I do not drink at all, just do not like taste of alcohol.

If one is not drinking to the point that it is noticeable then I honestly could not find a way to care less. I am not against the serving of it or the consumption of it...just the location. Good heavens if one cannot go a few hours without alcohol (or cigarettes) then one must consider that they have some problem. Might be a minor one but, a problem none the less. I just believe that a place like Disney is an inappropriate place. Drink to the point that no one notices and then the problem doesn't even exist. Beyond that...go to a club.

That is just ridiculous to accuse people of being alcoholic just because you think that only certain places should serve acholol. Alcohol has been around for thousands of years in all sorts of places with children and without. Why are we now being told to hide it from children.

Why are we now being told to hide it from children.

We need to shelter them from the evils of this world. Home school, no TV, no seeing people drink devil juice, etc...........

Poor things will be in for a major shock when they're out in the world on their own.

Seeing someone hurling into the trash can after riding mission space, when they should have known better than to ride something that spins.

Oh wait, that was me!

GROSS! Lord help me if I ever see anyone vomiting at WDW (once has been plenty for me. I still can't get the image out of my mind). I realize it's a normal bodily function, but nothing terrifies me more. :guilty:

Poor things will be in for a major shock when they're out in the world on their own.

You are so right! I think in America we go to such extreems trying to protect our children from "bad" things, that we are making it very hard for them to handle things in a calm, competant manner. Everything that is made forbidden to them will only look more attractive to them when they can have it. Tell a child that drinking is bad or evil and they only will go crazy when they turn 21 and can have a drink. Show your kids that you can drink responsibly, and that it is no big deal, and it is no big deal to them.

Forbidden fruit is always the most appealing.

goofyernmost,
Let me just clarify what I was responding to
Originally Posted by goofyernmost
I do agree that secondhand smoke within an enclosed area is a health problem both short and long range, but I'm not buying into the concept that it amounts to diddly in the open air. So it boils down to the "I don't like the smell of it angle"...well tough. I can't tell you how many times I have just dismissed the either artificial or natural odors that people put out. We can't make everyone happy and the world doesn't revolve around individuals.

This was my response directed to your comment:
Originally Posted by CMAlumni
As for just smelling the smoke "too bad" comment - I just want to say that while I do find the smell disgusting, I am also allergic and that whiff of smoke will make me have an allergic reaction.

And I believe if you read carefully...I agree with you. However your original statement was that because of your allergies all smoking should be banned from the world. No one should be allowed to smoke on property anywhere. There is a difference between being in a confined area and just walking around puffing away. Disney needs to come to the plate on this one and get the CM's to at least try and enforce that rule. Ignoring it seems to be the action of choice and it is upsetting not only the one's that hate smoke but even the smokers that have gone out of THEIR way to be thoughtful. Disney get with it and stop the loose cannons.

I did not say all smokning should be banned from the world, I was not inferring that people could not/should not smoke in the designated areas; I was talking about those walking about. - the rest of your quote- Well said!!!:thumbsup2

I'm glad that we agree! Have a great day!:cool1:

I'm sorry but I breastfed one of my two sons and I do not see how that is offensive. Most women are discreet and they are feeding their children, so it is natural and needed.
If you are offended, LOOK AWAY....geezz

As responsible smokers (ie ones that use the DSAs) we agree with the comments about people walking along smoking wherever and whenever they want. There are DSAs and people that refuse to use them should be asked to use them or leave the park.

Anyway back on thread. There are some easily grossed out people on here, ''ooh don't touch that someone else might have touched that once''. For chrissakes grow up, do you honestly believe that your child isn't going to come into contact with germs at school, at the park, at the mall. If they don't come into contact with some germs they'll never build up a decent immune system and be more susceptible to more serious diseases in later life. Besides that you're likely to them into seriously paraniod adolescents and adults that are scared of their own shadows.

Really back on topic. Turkey Legs.

I'm sorry but I breastfed one of my two sons and I do not see how that is offensive. Most women are discreet and they are feeding their children, so it is natural and needed.

Agree.
If it makes someone uncomfortable, do not look. Do not look in any way, we do not watch people eat, so why babies are any different. Mothers are usually discreet and baby has in his mouth the part that would separate naked breast from breast in a swim suite. The rest of the breast is covered by baby's head, so there is not much to see anyway. There are moments when baby usually stops and looks around but one will have to really wait and watch for those moments and most moms are aware of it and cover fast. Too big deal out of nothing. One more thing, if your child asks what is going on, tell how it is, baby is eating milk. If he asks why, tell because baby cannot eat anything else yet. Simple answers are enough for little kids to understand and they will not ask again next time.

I think though, with the last poster who people are now jumping on, it wasn't the feeding in upon itself. It was the fact that the woman had exposed BOTH sides and then wasn't giving the PPs daughter any personal space. I mean, I wouldn't think there is a reason to have both sides fully exposed, is there? (This is an honest question because I have no kids and NO experience in this LoL).

I mean, the post gave me a mental image of the PPs daughter having to twist away not to be almost pressed up against this woman. That in upon itself was rude, so maybe the feeding part and having everything exposed was sort of the cherry on top.

Personally, I don't care as long as the woman isn't being all like "Oh look at me breastfeeding!!!" If you don't call attention to it, then most likely people won't even notice. I have seen instances where I think the mother was only doing it then and there because she was making a statement. That sort of thing just isn't needed.

And for those who think Disney is only for kids... go look up quotes by Walt Disney himself (including the one in my signature). He wanted a park everyone could enjoy. Plus, if they didn't take adults into account, why are there rides with height requirements? Or a private club in Disneyland? Obviously these were not planned with kids in mind...

And for those who think Disney is only for kids... go look up quotes by Walt Disney himself (including the one in my signature). He wanted a park everyone could enjoy. Plus, if they didn't take adults into account, why are there rides with height requirements? Or a private club in Disneyland? Obviously these were not planned with kids in mind...

Big Thumbs up for this!:thumbsup2 We take our kids to Disney and they love, love, love it and I want them to enjoy but we are taking the trip just as much for us(parents) as them. We LOVE Disney and I look forward to taking an adults only trip to WDW one day. I talked to a couple in their early 60's at HS last weekend as we waited for rope drop and they talked about how now that their kids are grown and they are coming to Disney themselves how much they've seen that they never even noticed before and how much they are enjoying this stage of their life. Really sweet people who gave me something to look forward too! :banana:

I guess I missed the part about the PP daughter and that situation. I suppose if the mother is switching sides and has a fussy baby, yes both sides could be exposed, but I don't think it's intentional. It isn't always easy doing that, esp in a public or semi public place. I always picked a ladies lounge area outside the restroom or a bench out of the way. But sometimes quiet private areas are not an option and when the baby is hungry, you need to feed it.
I think we as a society are uptight over the whole women's tops being exposed. In other countries it's not looked down on.
Same with alcohol. I never hid talking about either with my sons and they never made a big deal about either alcohol or nudity.
If we as parents make a big deal that sometimes increases the interest. I used to teach middle school and I noticed that.
Now I teach preschoolers so those subjects don't come up much!:thumbsup2

Personally, I don't care as long as the woman isn't being all like "Oh look at me breastfeeding!!!" If you don't call attention to it, then most likely people won't even notice. I have seen instances where I think the mother was only doing it then and there because she was making a statement. That sort of thing just isn't needed.

I have to say, I nursed 4 kids for a total of 6+ years and never, never ever, was I able to force a baby to feed when they weren't hungry just to "make a statement" or force my rights on someone else. Ever.
There are times when you cover the baby and he/she pulls the blanket away. If they are hot they will. Also, they love to look at at momma while eating (that is the cutest thing!) Also, they may un-latch and need to change sides or something and things could get both uncovered for a moment. It just happens sometimes.
I always sat away from the crowd, on a quiet bench in the shade, turned away from the walkway. If someone "just couldn't look away" they need to get a life.
If someone is standing in a line nursing (they would have to have arms like Hulk) with their entire breasts exposed my guess would be they are from somewhere that is accepting of that.
Again, if a busty woman has on a micro bikini top and your kid stares, most men think this is A OKAY! But let your kid see someone feeding a baby and it is "disgusting.":confused3

As far as the alcohol thing goes, studies have shown that kids whose parents drink in front of them (just like smoking) are more likely to drink than kids whose parents don't model drinking for them. Period. We have alcoholism in our families, and we believe it is a disease not a lifestyle choice, so we would prefer for our kids not to associate drinking with the only way to relax and have a good time (like most people seem to think.)

As far as the alcohol thing goes, studies have shown that kids whose parents drink in front of them (just like smoking) are more likely to drink than kids whose parents don't model drinking for them. Period. We have alcoholism in our families, and we believe it is a disease not a lifestyle choice, so we would prefer for our kids not to associate drinking with the only way to relax and have a good time (like most people seem to think.)

Studies aside, I have not found that to be true. I drink an occasional glass of wine (as in maybe a glass a month) as does my sister. Her kids are quick to point out that once we have even one drink, we should not drive. None of them have shown any interest in drinking.

I'm mostly Polish, and drinking was never made to be a big deal. I had one uncle who was an alcoholic, but having an occasional drink does not make one an alcoholic.

Model responsible behavior, and that is likely what your children will look to for guidance. Make something forbidden or naughty, and that makes it more interesting.

Studies aside, I have not found that to be true. I drink an occasional glass of wine (as in maybe a glass a month) as does my sister. Her kids are quick to point out that once we have even one drink, we should not drive. None of them have shown any interest in drinking.

I'm mostly Polish, and drinking was never made to be a big deal. I had one uncle who was an alcoholic, but having an occasional drink does not make one an alcoholic.

Model responsible behavior, and that is likely what your children will look to for guidance. Make something forbidden or naughty, and that makes it more interesting.

Most people say what you say, but if someone is trying to determine what to do for their kids studies are your best "guess." Having one drink does not make you an alcoholic, I do agree. But serving alcohol at every function because it is just no fun without it is sad. Also, you can encourage your kids not to drink too much, but if they have the disease of alcoholism that first drink is basically "playing with fire."

I think this thread has run it's course, so I'm going to close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter