They are here! (Summer 2025 I mean)

I booked my sept 25 cruise yesterday. Found a nice post explaining how to update castaway status ( I just finished my first cruise). Took a few minutes to kick in but then was able to book on the iPhone. Nothing I did, any browser I tried worked on the iPad.
Can you link it here or send that post in a private message?

I was finally able to book! Wooohoo! Still waiting for my confirmation email, has been about 15 minutes. For others who booked, did your email take a while?
Sometimes they forget to send the email. Call if you didn’t get it. Usually, the agent or I say to stay on the line until it goes through. Of course, it also depends on who is listed as Primary guest - they get the emails. Sometimes it’s me, sometimes sister.

Yes I wondered about that. As I posted above I am looking at 4th August for Alaska - prime school break for both US and UK folks. I fully expected some of the better value rooms such as secret porthole and sideways to be nearly sold out.
Did you end up booking? We booked that sailing

Decided to sit out summer 2025 at the moment! Prices are high and itineraries are not that exciting.

Might see if there are last minute specials that make it better than today.
I hear you.... we had already booked a western treasure for late may.... we were able to switch it to an eastern.... I thought we would save a decent amount of money by booking on our day right away, but in the end we downgraded our room category and saved only $60.

Our family may find ourselves priced out of DCL over the next couple years if the price increases continue. OTOH they have maintained quality/service in ways the other lines which have maintained affordability have not.

Enjoy! Alaska was our first cruise in 2016. We're doing the 8/11 Alaska cruise next year as our 5th cruise. Looking forward to being on the Wonder again.
We’re on the 8/11 cruise as well! We have a group of 13 going in 7 cabins! This will be DH & my 27th DCL, but we have a range of 1st time cruisers to platinum going with us.

DH and I are going on the 9 night Alaskan cruise for our anniversary this year. It will be our 1st Alaskan cruise. So, we’re testing the waters for next year.

what do you mean?

I have used a TA for all of my Disney cruises.

I use them for 2 reasons only

1.Opening day booking craziness,
2. Onboard credit

I do everything else myself. I even research the rooms and give them specific room numbers, with options.

I do DIY in ports, have my own travel insurance, book flights and pre and post cruise hotels separate.

I do my own online check in and booking activities.
Sorry I meant - we have previously done 2 dc - so booked through Disney to make it our third. (It was crazy!)

If you use a travel agent is your castaway status linked/trip numbers still built up?

Sorry if this sounds daft, thanks in advance :-)

Sorry I meant - we have previously done 2 dc - so booked through Disney to make it our third. (It was crazy!)

If you use a travel agent is your castaway status linked/trip numbers still built up?

Sorry if this sounds daft, thanks in advance :-)
Yes

The TA needs your Castaway number in order to book the cruise. So all the information you gave to DCL when you booked the other cruise, you give to the TA. The TA is just doing the work instead of you.

For me, I am in Europe and I cant spend hours on the phone ringing DCL.

During the shutdown having a TA was invaluable. I had multiple cruises cancelled, got future cruise credit and rebooked new cruises. The TA took all the stress away and was the one on hold for hours sorting everything out.

All I did was tell the TA which cruise to rebook. I didnt have to stress about anything.

Yes

The TA needs your Castaway number in order to book the cruise. So all the information you gave to DCL when you booked the other cruise, you give to the TA. The TA is just doing the work instead of you.

For me, I am in Europe and I cant spend hours on the phone ringing DCL.

During the shutdown having a TA was invaluable. I had multiple cruises cancelled, got future cruise credit and rebooked new cruises. The TA took all the stress away and was the one on hold for hours sorting everything out.

All I did was tell the TA which cruise to rebook. I didnt have to stress about anything.
Thanks !
I'm in Europe too, very helpful!

Decided to sit out summer 2025 at the moment! Prices are high and itineraries are not that exciting.

Might see if there are last minute specials that make it better than today.
I can relate. I booked the Treasure verandah room and then switched to the 10- day Magic with an inside room. Not a fan of Caribbean cruises, but I like long cruises and I like the Magic. I don't like the price of that cruise.

I have a year to think about it. I tend to change my mind a lot unless something really calls my name and none of next years itinerary's have done that.

I agree with you on the last minute specials. I'll see how things are selling. It's pretty easy to see what cruises will have the discounts if you keep an eye on things.

Update, call was not lost! She came back 40 minutes later, very apologetic, letting us know that the payment system was having IT issues and that she had been working with her supervisor to complete my reservation -- amazing customer service, she was a gem and I'll be emailing DCL to talk about my awesome experience with her later today.
That's what you consider awesome customer service? She should have come back after 5 minutes and told you there were issues. I'd be mad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter