Scooter assembly

LILJAN59

Mouseketeer
is there help available at theme parks to assemble our scooters! My husband is 83 and he needs help getting them out of our van and putting them back in!

Unfortunately, none that I'm aware of. I suppose you could get super lucky and another guest might offer to help, but since you're in disability parking, you're probably surrounded by other people who may be elderly, bad backs, etc. DH is in his 70s, and no one offered to help when we had a scooter to be put in/out of the vehicle.

There is no official attendant/help available for that kind of service in theme park parking lots.

Disney's onsite transportation is accessible. If staying on property and using Disney transportation, there is no need to dissemble a wheelchair or scooter.

Disney's hotels that offer valet services can generally assist you in loading/unloading modular of lightweight scooters or wheelchairs.

I suggest getting a ramp for your van. Does your van have a trailer hitch?
Consider something like this
.$180 at Harbor Freight.

Attachments

• 67599_W3.jpg
    67599_W3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
I would consider renting scooters at a Disney resort. There's a resort onsite service to rent. You should do this is advance for your dates. Then, use Disney transportation with your Disney rented scooters to get back and forth from the parks.

You may also want to consider buying new lightweight scooters. You can get foldable one piece scooters that weigh 40-50 pounds. If you each take an end you should be able to lift those scooters in and out of your van.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter