These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

:worship::worship::worship:

Another FANTASTIC trip report!!!

Great bonus footage, too!

I loved your mellow last day at MK- CRT, Merida, The Plaza and the Main Street Maidens!

Your post about the Bugles made me smile!!! One of my childhood favorites that recently returned to my life. When my son was performing in Bye Bye Birdie, one of our themed snacks was "Boogie Woogie Bugles"

That is funny that you completed a silhouette mission at DW for someone at DL.

Nice pictures from your DL meet!

Cars Land looks incredible! As do the empty parks! Wow!

How does the Peter Pan ride at DL compare to the one at DW? Exactly alike? One of Mark's and my favorites, but not worth a wait in line!

Mmmm... Your anniversary dinner looked amazing. So did the Pina Colava. I have heard many sing its praises- I'll have to put that one on the list.

The picture of Michael and the bear is a keeper!!!

Last, but not least- I wish you the most amazing and magical trip!!!

Sounds like a great lineup of resorts and activities!!!

I like both waterparks, but prefer Typhoon Lagoon- the wave pool is much better, but rougher than the little bobbing pool at BB. The family ride at BB is much better, but TL wins in the tropical theming, fun music and snorkeling with sharks!

Can't wait to read all about your trip!!!

Hi Rob!
Speaking of redheads... Ariel (WITH FINS) says hi!! We were hanging with her and her friends yesterday. :)

IMG_0056.jpg

Ahhh thank you for sharing that photo!! Please tell her "Hi" right back if you see her

YES - you MUST book any dates between Dec. 5th and 13th and you would see us. (And at least one other TR board person here - Rachel.) I would be HONORED to meet you.

Honestly I think I'm past the point of wanting to go and well into the "needing" to go. When life gets you down... go to Disney, that's what I say. So it WILL happen. I just have to figure out details, but I expect to by month's end. Rachel did mention she was there at that time as well. Plus, my birthday is Dec. 4, so what better excuse?
Any idea what night you're doing the MVMCP? I see there's a passholder discount for the 10th.

Now onto the update...

YAY Jennifer!! I had no idea that happened. That's so wonderful. Awesome DisMeet!

You know, I kind of really liked the "low tech" stuff at Disneyland like hand stamping for re-entry and Magic Morning entry. It really fits in with the "charm' of Disneyland I think.

Ahhh, no Ariel M&G photo? I know you gave me the parade photo but still... :laughing:

Thank you so much for sharing some of your anniversary doings with us. What a wonderful way (and place) to celebrate!

5 minute wait at TSM. Insanity!! Maybe if/when the DHS expansion finishes there will be more of a pull elsewhere that might drop those waits. Though I still doubt it.

Thanks you so much for the bonus TR. So wonderful. I love a little DLR mixed in with my WDW after all.

And of course :thanks: for this amazing TR overall. :yay:

And, if I don't get another opportunity, I hope You and Em have an AMAZING trip back to the world. I'll be waiting patiently for your return. popcorn::

Thanks for the DL and DCA photos. I've never been there and hope to one day soon. To get the full effect, do you need a full day for each park?

Your anniversary dinner looked great! So did the Pina Colava!

Reading glasses happen to the best of us. Even those who bragged about their 20/20 vision for years!

5 minute wait at TSM?! Is it as wildly popular at DCA as HS?

Carsland looks do awesome!! I really hope something like this ends up in WDW. They really need to expand on the awesome Pixar movies out there.....

I'm really getting a kick out of how different the parks are. I don't know why, I just expected that whenever they have the same ride, the queue and everything around it would be the same too. It's pretty cool to see how different Disneyland is! Not only that, but also how many different attractions there are. :thumbsup2 Very cool.
Thanks for sharing the mini trip report within a trip report! I enjoyed seeing Disneyland!

I loved your bonus trip report. How fun to come home from work and get to read that. :cool1: DL looks so cool and its so great that you were able to get so many empty park pictures. Love the pictures of Paradise Pier. It looks so cool.

Dinner looks delish and what a cute little T-shirt!

Have an awesome trip!

Now onto the update...

YAY Jennifer!! I had no idea that happened. That's so wonderful. Awesome DisMeet!

I was excited to see that it worked out! She was sweet enough to allow me to share that!

You know, I kind of really liked the "low tech" stuff at Disneyland like hand stamping for re-entry and Magic Morning entry. It really fits in with the "charm' of Disneyland I think.

They don't even have finger scanners!

Ahhh, no Ariel M&G photo? I know you gave me the parade photo but still... :laughing:

Yeah, NO! Those photos didn't pass QA! :lmao:

Thank you so much for sharing some of your anniversary doings with us. What a wonderful way (and place) to celebrate!

Yep, it's a pretty classy place to dine so we had to actually comb our hair!

5 minute wait at TSM. Insanity!! Maybe if/when the DHS expansion finishes there will be more of a pull elsewhere that might drop those waits. Though I still doubt it.

One could hope so we'll see. :)

Thanks you so much for the bonus TR. So wonderful. I love a little DLR mixed in with my WDW after all.

And of course :thanks: for this amazing TR overall. :yay:

And, if I don't get another opportunity, I hope You and Em have an AMAZING trip back to the world. I'll be waiting patiently for your return. popcorn::

Thanks Rob!! Appreciate the well wishes. :goodvibes

:worship::worship::worship:

Another FANTASTIC trip report!!!

Great bonus footage, too!

Thanks Dee!

I loved your mellow last day at MK- CRT, Merida, The Plaza and the Main Street Maidens!

Your post about the Bugles made me smile!!! One of my childhood favorites that recently returned to my life. When my son was performing in Bye Bye Birdie, one of our themed snacks was "Boogie Woogie Bugles"

Ha! That's cute! I couldn't stop eating the entire bag. Oops!

That is funny that you completed a silhouette mission at DW for someone at DL.

I told the silhouette dude to not make my nose so long and pointy! He didn't listen. :lmao:

Nice pictures from your DL meet!

Thanks!

Cars Land looks incredible! As do the empty parks! Wow!

How does the Peter Pan ride at DL compare to the one at DW? Exactly alike? One of Mark's and my favorites, but not worth a wait in line!

I think they are pretty much alike. I'm having a hard time remembering the WDW version but I think you start in the kids bedroom, fly over London, see a pirate ship, mermaids next and then back. I love this ride but just won't stand in line more than a 1/2 hour.

Mmmm... Your anniversary dinner looked amazing. So did the Pina Colava. I have heard many sing its praises- I'll have to put that one on the list.

Oh my it was good! Now that you've mentioned it I'm craving it all over again! :eek:

The picture of Michael and the bear is a keeper!!!

And he's not a character photo kinda guy!

Last, but not least- I wish you the most amazing and magical trip!!!

Sounds like a great lineup of resorts and activities!!!

I like both waterparks, but prefer Typhoon Lagoon- the wave pool is much better, but rougher than the little bobbing pool at BB. The family ride at BB is much better, but TL wins in the tropical theming, fun music and snorkeling with sharks!

I love tropical theming. That reminds me.... do they sell alcohol at the water parks? Like pina colavas and such? Hmmm that may not be a good combo - liquor and dangerous water slides! :p

Can't wait to read all about your trip!!!

Thanks so much Dee! I popped over to your BC/YC thread and see that Teena will be away from her post starting when we arrive. :sad2:

Thanks for reading along. I'll look forward to catching up with your TR when I return!

Thanks for the DL and DCA photos. I've never been there and hope to one day soon. To get the full effect, do you need a full day for each park?

Your anniversary dinner looked great! So did the Pina Colava!

Reading glasses happen to the best of us. Even those who bragged about their 20/20 vision for years!

5 minute wait at TSM?! Is it as wildly popular at DCA as HS?

Hi Annie! Definitely a full day at each park is preferable if you are traveling during summer or other busy seasons. There's just too much to do at one park to split the day but if you pick and choose what you want to accomplish and use Fast Passes wisely you could do it.

Ha! Yes, my first pair of reading glasses have been purchased so I can no longer be in denial.

The short wait for TSM was due in part to the early entry for hotel guests. I was in line last Friday for 30 minutes so it does get busy but not 90 minute waits like DHS.

Carsland looks do awesome!! I really hope something like this ends up in WDW. They really need to expand on the awesome Pixar movies out there.....

We watched Carsland being built for about a year and a half and once the mountain range started to get built I was excited to see it. They did an awesome job! Better than I imagined. :) I agree, there's so much potential for Pixar theming.

Lover pics! :)

Thanks Wii!

I'm really getting a kick out of how different the parks are. I don't know why, I just expected that whenever they have the same ride, the queue and everything around it would be the same too. It's pretty cool to see how different Disneyland is! Not only that, but also how many different attractions there are. :thumbsup2 Very cool.
Thanks for sharing the mini trip report within a trip report! I enjoyed seeing Disneyland!

Thanks Wendy! It is interesting how Disney can replicate an attraction from WDW to DL or visa versa and make it different just in the queueing like the Little Mermaid in NFL. But in California's defense, they used an existing structure so didn't seem to have the luxury of space to carry out a fantastic queue like WDW.

Thanks for reading along with the bonus content! :) I'll be popping back in to catch up with you in a few weeks.

I loved your bonus trip report. How fun to come home from work and get to read that. :cool1: DL looks so cool and its so great that you were able to get so many empty park pictures. Love the pictures of Paradise Pier. It looks so cool.

Dinner looks delish and what a cute little T-shirt!

Have an awesome trip!

Thanks Mary Ellen! It was interesting to see if we would get the same feel of an empty park at DL as we do for WDW when we have ADRs before park open... but at DLR they allow all park guest in up to a certain point at Main Street so you really don't have those fabulous 'no people in the photo' photos! Once past Main Street there were not a lot of people.

Thank you for the well wishes! :goodvibes

Let's Have Some Fun....

As my final post I wanted to share some of my favorites of the trip and share my Top 10 Must Dos for WDW this trip! Kinda like Stacey has her Must Do's...this will be Brenda's Must Do's - just without the level of perkiness and cuteness that Stacey pulls off!

To see if anyone was really paying attention I'm going to assign points for each correct answer. No worries, no deduction of points or having to pay me if you guess wrong. I'm nice like that!

Scoring:
For each correct answer = 2 points
For partial correct answers - yes, there will be such a thing = 1 point
For completely creative and zany answers = bonus points assigned according to how much I belly laugh... and even more if I still have giggle fits 24 hrs later!! :lmao:

We'll start off easy....

1. The only breakfast that I have said is "legendary" and that I MUST DO.

2. Name 2 of my must do attractions in Tomorrowland.

3. What is my favorite "Americana" show in WDW?

4. What was the surprise new restaurant for us that was not booked ahead of time?

5. What was the only ride photo we purchased for this trip?

6. What 1 resort has been a repeat for the last 6 WDW trips?

7. What "snack" item is my must do that is only available at one park?

8. What was my favorite dessert of the trip - so good it was another left-over meal?

9. What cocktail did I have more than 1 time - from the WDW trip - not the Disney's Grand Californian trip.

10. What character was I most like at DHS Animation Academy?

And a Bonus 5 point question...
11. Why did we get upgraded to the Admiral Suite?

And what may you ask is the fabulous prize that I will be giving away? I happen to have an authentic Disney Toy Story 3D sticker set! :lmao: Just what everyone wants I know!

And now I leave you with my Top 10 Must Do's This Trip:

1. Ride the River Belle at MK!
2. Take the ferry boat to MK from the TTC
3. Ride any Dinoland rides at AK
4. Hop on a truck and see some lions and tigers during the Safari
5. Lift a pinkie and have afternoon tea at the GF.
6. View WISHES from the Poly Beach
7. Indulge in an avocado margarita at Epcot
8. See the Yehaa Bob show at POR
9. Attend DHS park open and try to score some TSM fast passes!!
10. Leave room for some school bread from Norway to try for the first time.

Ok guys, I'm outa here! I'll be back to let you know how successful I was for any of those. Odds are I should be able to get a few marked off the list!

Thanks again for reading along! :hug:

Let's Have Some Fun....

As my final post I wanted to share some of my favorites of the trip and share my Top 10 Must Dos for WDW this trip! Kinda like Stacey has her Must Do's...this will be Brenda's Must Do's - just without the level of perkiness and cuteness that Stacey pulls off!

To see if anyone was really paying attention I'm going to assign points for each correct answer. No worries, no deduction of points or having to pay me if you guess wrong. I'm nice like that!

Scoring:
For completely creative and zany answers = bonus points assigned according to how much I belly laugh... and even more if I still have giggle fits 24 hrs later!! :lmao:

We'll start off easy....

Gonna go with my favorite, too: Kona

People Mover, Space Mtn

COP-
Spoiler Alert- this attraction is the star of my upcoming chapter "Desperate Measures to Dodge the Rain"- Hoping for belly laugh points here, too!

4. What was the surprise new restaurant for us that was not booked ahead of time?

Captain's Grille?

Dinosaur

BLT

Grey Goose or Grand Marnier Slushie

8. What was my favorite dessert of the trip - so good it was another left-over meal?

Well if the stars had aligned, it WOULD have been the almond-crusted cheesecake!

9. What cocktail did I have more than 1 time - from the WDW trip - not the Disney's Grand Californian trip.

Mojito :(

Ursula? Or was that another quiz?

Pure Pixie Dust is my official answer.

However the bonus answers are that you deserved it and you may possibly be the only person who took more pictures of the suite than I would.

:goodvibes

And what may you ask is the fabulous prize that I will be giving away? I happen to have an authentic Disney Toy Story 3D sticker set! :lmao: Just what everyone wants I know!

Brenda, have a fantastic trip! I'm short on time this morning but ill be back with my answers!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Fun! I love quizzes, although I'm not sure I'll get very many because I had a long stretch of not keeping up on disboards and I may have missed a couple posts...

Kona! Pancakes with the macademia/pineapple topping on the side please!

hmm, this is already getting hard... Buzz and CoP?

Epcot - American Adventure

Was it Captain's Grille? I'm just stabbing in the dark based on where you stayed...

I really want to cheat and go back through your TR, but I won't! So I'll guess splash mountain

That's easy - your "home" at Bay Lake Tower

something from Karamelle Kuche?

I really don't remember this... who doesn't finish dessert?! :lmao:

bloody mary?

Belle?

Faith, trust and pixie dust! And you and Em will have that memory forever.

Ok, I have a feeling I did really poorly. Maybe you could ask questions about your DL trip and I could answer those better. :lmao:

Thanks for another great TR. Can't wait for the next one!

You are so clever, I love your trip questions and Must Do's for the next trip, and I've so enjoyed the whole report. Your report was one of the reasons I decided to do one of my own, so thank you, and I'm looking forward to your next adventure!

Let's Have Some Fun....

Scoring:

We'll start off easy....

Kona

Peoplemover and COP

PHilharmagic

Morocco

Splash Mountain

BLT

Dole Whip

Birthday Cupcake

France Slush

Ursula

They needed someone to fill the room and your dates matched the days needed to fill it

Ok guys, I'm outa here! I'll be back to let you know how successful I was for any of those. Odds are I should be able to get a few marked off the list!

Aaahhhhh that's me!! :) We had such a fun time with you & Michael! Thanks for all the yummy food suggestions too. I'm missing that lemon cupcake from the angry bear. :)

You guys are such a cute family!! I love Michael's darth shirt!! Hilarious!

Looks like a lovely dinner at napa rose!! Great Bambi tank, good choice!! Looks like you had a great time! love your dress! Visit carthay soon. I promise it's worth it. I forgot to tell you, the mashed potatoes!! Sooooo good. They reminded me of my grandma's so much that I nearly broke down right there in the restaurant.

Thank you again for meeting up with us! We had a great time! See you for the 60th anniversary?? :)

I was bored and decided to try to answer your quiz. :)

Let's Have Some Fun....

Scoring:

We'll start off easy....

1. The only breakfast that I have said is "legendary" and that I MUST DO. Kona - Macadamia pancakes with pineapple topping. You are also "legendary" for having scrambled egg instead of breakfast meat

2. Name 2 of my must do attractions in Tomorrowland. Buzz Lightyear and Carousel of Progress, but you also like Space Mountain and Monster Inc Laugh Floor

3. What is my favorite "Americana" show in WDW? The Golden Dreams audio/video montage at the end of the American Experience

4. What was the surprise new restaurant for us that was not booked ahead of time? Marrakesh in Morocco

5. What was the only ride photo we purchased for this trip? The Rock "n Roller Coaster at HS

6. What 1 resort has been a repeat for the last 6 WDW trips? BLT, the resort, not the sandwich ;)

7. What "snack" item is my must do that is only available at one park? carrot cake cookie

8. What was my favorite dessert of the trip - so good it was another left-over meal? Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding

9. What cocktail did I have more than 1 time - from the WDW trip - not the Disney's Grand Californian trip. pina colada

10. What character was I most like at DHS Animation Academy? Ursula

11. Why did we get upgraded to the Admiral Suite? You were very, very lucky. :)

Love the fog pic.
LOL. I don’t know if they serve French Fries in Paris Disneyland. I am going again next September so I will look. LOL
I love Narcoosse’s. That cheesecake is very good.
I think you win on night time pics.
Me. I don’t like Space Mountain. It is too jerky for me. Got to Paris and ride it, you will be shocked. I know I was.
“The ladies of Main Street”. That cracked me up for all the wrong reasons.
I hate MCO. I find it such a boring airport.
So sad it is over.
The Pina Colava is so good.
Your dinner looked so good.
Radiator Springs looks so fun. I need to get out there.
I missed your send off but hope you have a magical time.

Ok, here we go!

Kona (for the Macadamia Nut pancakes!)

PeopleMover & Carousel of Progress

Voices of Liberty

Marrakesh (Mine too!)

Splash Mountain? :confused3

Bay Lake Tower

Dole Whip

Oh gawrsh! Hmm... it was a bread pudding at Raglan Road (I remember it made me want to go there...)

Grey Goose Slushie

Oh... um. Ariel? This one I have no idea.

It was empty for the days that you would be there. They said to one another "You know how when guests stay at a value, they're happy with a value until they stay at a deluxe? How about we ruin regular rooms for one person and put them in the Admiral Suite? It will be fun to watch them never be able to go back to a regular room ever again!" :confused3 ::yes::

Monday March 4, 2013: Day 10, Part 1 - Our Final Day

We didn’t make it far before we were stopped by a lone young man who asked if I was Emmysmommy. Despite our best efforts to be incognito, we were recognized by another Diser! This fine young gentleman was Tom who had participated in the live dining thread as had Em. We posed for a quick photo together, wished him a Happy Birthday (the birthday button was a big give-away), and parted ways. (Hi Tom, sorry, I don’t remember your Dis name.)

dc19b09e-bbd2-4dea-8be1-86248ec1bc52.jpg

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

That would be me and my username is tstidm1. That picture came out better than I expected. I do agree that is the Coldest I've ever been in florida. It felt like I stepped back to Baltimore a couple of mornings there.

So...About Those Plans.....

Since there is no big revel to our plans because I’ve been talking about it enough….here's where we will be staying and some highlights of how we plan to occupy our 15 days at WDW:

8/16: Wilderness Lodge Courtyard view x 1 nite - New WDW resort for us even though we have visited many times.

DSC01850.jpg

8/17-8/20: Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level x 2 nites - we only stayed 1 night last trip and NEED more AKL so we expanded it to 3 nights.

DSC08206.jpg

8/20-8/24: Yacht Club – CL deluxe room x 4 nites - a new favorite of course!!

DSC09374.jpg

8/24-8/30: Bay Lake Tower – 1 bedroom Lake View x 6 nites - My all time favorite villa!

DSC04233.jpg

DSC04473.jpg

Our Premier APs are still good so that’s our ticket situation and our TiW card doesn’t expire until September so we’ll use that as well which should come in handy with nearly 40 ADRs. I will definitely be packing clothing that will accommodate the addition of a few pounds! Certainly a few may fall off our schedule as there’s almost zero probability that we can eat that much food!

DSC08671.jpg

We have a few tours and events planned that will be a first for us including the Sunrise Safari tour at AK, KTTK tour at MK, and mother/daughter afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. We may also try a waterpark for the first time…. Not sure which one. Anyone with suggestions on which is better? I would opt for whichever water park that doesn’t have the huge plunge since I prefer my bathing suit to stay intact! I hope they don’t have photopass photographers at the drop zone! Eeek!

So Thank You to all who joined in and read, commented, and made this thoroughly enjoyable! We shall return with a fresh TR soon! :)

Bonus Content and a little Trivia to follow....

Will be at MK on the 25th would love to meet you guys i just started reading your tr and am in awe i can only dream of this stuff and you make me want it more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter