There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to the YC for a 1 day stay this Friday... Planning to hang out by the pool all day, about how busy does it get or has been getting? Specifically, the 10:00am- 1:00pm time frame.

Is it one of those Tervis wine glasses?? It looks like a wine glass incased in a Tervis?? I may need to get me one for the pool

I'm not sure what Fancy Pants (EasternShoreGal) is drinking out of but this is what we have around the house for special occasions at Le chateau de Ninja Mom...

red-solo-cup1.jpg

The extra large volume comes in handy when you NEED to empty one of those big old wine boxes that the company at my house seems to prefer. It may be said that "Nothing says "Class" like a chunk of fruit in your beer" but here at my house I like to say "Nothing says "Crass" like an empty 'Solo' cup".

~NM

I'm not sure what Fancy Pants (EasternShoreGal) is drinking out of but this is what we have around the house for special occasions at Le chateau de Ninja Mom...

generate-design-sommelier-wine-glass-by-maxim-velcovsky-mozilla-firefox-31-beta-2.jpg

The extra large volume comes in handy when you NEED to empty one of those big old wine boxes that the company at my house seems to prefer. It may be said that "Nothing says "Class" like a chunk of fruit in your beer" but here at my house I like to say "Nothing says "Crass" like an empty 'Solo' cup".

~NM

Does garden grocer deliver boxed wine & solo cups? Since the box isn't glass couldn't we just bring the box to SAB and open the nozzle into our mouths???? Now that's classy!

Does garden grocer deliver boxed wine & solo cups? Since the box isn't glass couldn't we just bring the box to SAB and open the nozzle into our mouths???? Now that's classy!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm putting you on the Synchronized Pool Tube Team. You are in charge of hydration.

~NM

I fell so lost by all of the news going around our home resort, plus it has been 7 months since our last home resort visit , I am kinda getting antsy for sept or oct to get here to see where we are going to be at for food and wine fest.

I feel like the choreographer job is calling my name. Though, I'm thinking more "The Beach Club Bathing Beauties" would be a great team name. I'm thinking Buzby Berkley all the way....

Say Scott. .. you didn't mean BUZZY BERKLEY by any chance did you?
I was thinking about trying out for the Synchronized Pool Tube team. To practice I tried to land on a Cheerio in a bowl of milk and let me tell you it's harder than it looks, especially after sampling all that wine that was being dragged down to Storm Along Bay!

Signed, your pal Buzzy the Fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

page 118-121

After switching resorts from WL, to CBR, to SSR now finally to YC for 11/9-11/15 for my 33rd birthday! So excited! I think we will arrive on 11/8 and do one night at BC before checking in on the 9th for FDVisa. Our first time at Deluxe!:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Nearly time to go!!! We're not packed. :scared1: And one of the dogs has developed some sort of ocular ulcer, which my dog sitter now needs to add eye drops to. I wonder if I should pay her more?

And with all of that.... I cannot wait to play in SAB and ride Haunted Mansion ten times! :cool1:

Have a fantastic trip!

:)

Sitting at SAB one more time. More time for thoughts on our trip.

Staff-
What can I say this trip? The staff has been excellent. Of course there was Teena, who greeted us with a hug the second day we were here (that made up for the less than stellar lack of a welcome home upon arrival by the guard).we made plans for dinner, which we did last night. It was nice to talk to her in a non-work setting. What a great evening. Then there was Rocky one of the servers at the pool on Tuesday...we only saw her from afar on Saturday. Another hug by a cast member. Is there any wonder this feels like home? Then on her days off Matt took great care of us as well. This was our first interaction with him but once again a great experience. And we had many of our own snacks and beverages with us at the pool so we didn't utilize the servers a lot but when we did they were great, The pool staff in general was terrific. I did get asked any number of times at the pool by staff about my wine and champagne plastic glasses but once they realized they were plastic, I got a friendly smile and an appreciative thank you for being careful. One exception, who will go unnamed told me 7 different times that I wasn't allowed to have glass in the pool area, three times in one day. After the 5th time I actually said yes, you told me that already 5 times. Can you believe I got the same comment again today and the staff member actually had to touch the glass again!!! Really??? Most of the staff remembers them from the many times we have been here before so this was a little crazy. Housekeeping was fine. We never saw them but never had any issues either. Didn't have to contact a manager but did run into Jeff in the villas yesterday. He asked me about our stay and we chatted for a while. Went for dinner and when we came back later there was a surprise waiting for us. Will try to post a picture later if Couchy is around to show me how.

Thanks so much for your live check-ins. Sounds like you had a lovely time and I enjoyed reading your posts. I almost felt like I was right there in a lounger next to you at SAB and tried to pretend that my ice tea was wine in a plastic cup. That IS plastic, isn't it???

A request for you- please fill out the survey about the resort and definitely mention the CMs who helped make your trip memorable.

:thumbsup2

10.......more.........days.

:cheer2:

I'll miss your sendoff. Have a SPECTACULAR trip!!! I know it is going to be EPIC! Can't wait to hear all about it. In Person!!!

:goodvibes

I am thinking about shipping some Christmas gifts for our stay. I have no problem using USPS. Does anyone know how much extra time to add for the transport between the central location and the resort. I am thinking about doing overnight delivery with UPS or Fedex and just paying the fees. I'm trying to surprise my kids who will be in a separate room. What I was hoping for was to send the overnight on the 22nd to arrive the 23rd and then have it delivered to my room either on the 23rd or the 24th from the convention center.

Anyone with first hand info on shipping to the resort recently?

Not really sure about the answer to your question. Scroll down- I will repost the info about shipping to the resort from the Other Useful Info Post in a reply below.

I think, but not positive that if you send overnight through UPS it will go to the resort. Not sure if it will be delivered to your room or if you will need to pick it up from the front desk. If you send something by Fed-ex, it WILL go to the convention center and you will need to pick it up there (and pay fees)

I am thinking of shipping water via Amazon to BCV- anyone ever done that?

I have reposted the info from the FAQ post about shipping water below.

HAS anyone ordered from Amazon?

Dee, Teena, YCFan, have a magical time with your families on your respective vacations!

Thank you!

:cool2:

Hi everyone!!!! Happy summer! I have been out of commission with end of school activities and travel sports! I hope everyone is doing well. I hope to catch up on all missed this week.

:wave2:

I feel like the choreographer job is calling my name. Though, I'm thinking more "The Beach Club Bathing Beauties" would be a great team name. I'm thinking Buzby Berkley all the way....
I'm thinking of calling Google Maps to take the areal shot of BC/YC while the routine is going on. Clearly it has to start with y'all with hands clasped over your heads, all falling sideways into the pool in rapid succession.

PHEW!!! Thank goodness you have offered to take on the choreography role! I think NinjaMom had me pegged in that slot, and boy did she have the wrong one for the job.

You know the show "So You Think You Can Dance?" I would be on the spinoff "I KNOW I Can't Dance".

I am looking for something in records keeping for the team or statistics instead.

me too!!!!

Have a great trip!

We leave in one week for YC! One week from now I have a FP+ at the 7D mine ride. I am starting to pack and get things squared away. Its hard to pack when the kids need to wear the clothes I want to pack! :upsidedow

Sadly our dog passed away last week so we have been a ball of emotions. So very sad he is gone but happy we were with him and we were not away when it happened. :sad1: :littleangel:
Our up coming trip has really helped the kids (and us) get through this.

Even though I do not post often I have gotten so many tips and laughs from being on this board. I cant believe our trip is next week!

I am so sorry to hear about your precious dog. Our animal companions are such an important part of our families!

I hope your upcoming trip will help you all deal with the heartache.

:grouphug:

page 118-121 Continued

Helloo Epcot-resort-lovers :wave2: My DBF and I will be visiting the BC 2-9th September, then moving over to the GF 9-16th. I CANNOT WAIT:banana:

Thanks for all the great info on this thread :thumbsup2

See some of you soon :woohoo:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Sounds like a fantastic trip.

NM have a super birthday.

Teena enjoy your time with the girls.

Dee have a super trip. Aloha.

Thank you for the well-wishes and for all of your advice!

:goodvibes

Oooh! Was Mr. Couchy trying out for the Synchronized Pool Tube Team?
I'm not one to point out the BLATANT NEPOTISM since his wife is the coach but it might be good to have some one on the team who is used to getting yelled at by her so he can translate for the rest of us.

:lmao:

It's official! Over the weekend, we realized we had an unused vacation day. Yaddah, yaddah, yaddah, we are now booked for a long Labor Day weekend at YC! :dance3: This will be our 2nd time at YC (and 4th in the YC/BC).

We'll arrive late on Aug 28. That is less than 2 months away! We're totally winging it. ADRs? I have made 2. FP+? Well, I got a mine train, but I'm not even sure what day we'll be where. This is so not like me!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Hello
We just switched from the Wilderness Lodge pool mess to Beach Club. Though we love WL, we are happy to be coming back to BC, garden view room. Our dates are September 29-October 4. Last time we stayed there was 2010. I think there has been a soft goods update since then. Excited!

Planning lots of EPCOT time. How crowded is the marshmallow roast on the beach? And, what's the best way to walk from BC to the beach area/zero entry part of SAB?

Thanks for this thread! I know it's a big job! The information is MUCH appreciated!

I'll add you to the Be Our list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Not sure how crowded the marshmallow roast gets. I suspect not very, but no idea, really.

Hopefully someone will give you a suggestion about getting to the zero entry part of the pool. I am usually over the deep end.

Headed to the YC for a 1 day stay this Friday... Planning to hang out by the pool all day, about how busy does it get or has been getting? Specifically, the 10:00am- 1:00pm time frame.

I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list for Friday.

:cheer2:

Not sure how crowded- perhaps EasternShoreGirl or Couchy can let you know how the crowded SAB has been this week. 10-1 are prime park-touring hours, so I suspect that is a decent time to find some elbow room at the pool

What is the Best Way to Get a Case of Water (or other items) for Your Room?

The Yacht & Beach Club is a Convention resort so items that are shipped their by UPS or FedEx will be delivered to the convention mailing center and will be subject to a charge based on the weight of the item.

Because of this, it is often better to send items directly to resort via United States Postal Service (see instructions in the Other Useful Info Post)

I'm still working on this, so if anyone has suggestions or recent info about the prices of a case of water from the following sources, please let me know.

What are the options for getting a case of water or other items to your room, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each method???

Beach Club Marketplace, Dasani 24 pack, $16- need confirmation (no delivery fee)

Hess Gas Station near BW resort (no delivery fee, but must walk or drive there)- walk through the BW parking lot and it's just across the street from the entrance gate for BW. It is a bit of a hike, so if you decide to walk over there for water or other beverages, we suggest you take an empty rolling suitcase to make the transportation easier

Walmart/Target- must drive there, or take cab

Delivery Options:
Turner Drug, (407) 828-8125 - Cost? Delivery Fee?***
Staples- Cost? Delivery Fee? To front desk or convention center?
Garden Grocer- Cost? Minimum order required

*** August 2013
Hi everyone!!! I've been catching up and finally I can help Dee out. I just read about Turner Drugs and was checking out pricing, so here you go...

soda (coke, diet coke, pepsi, diet pepsi, mt. dew & sprite) 12 pack, 12 oz cans are $4.99 each.

water: Nestle, 1/2 liter bottles, 32 bottles (case) $7.99 or 6 pack $2.49 or Crystal Geyser, 1/2 litter bottles 24 bottles (case) $6.99 or 6 pk $2.19.

Delivery fee is $7.50 to all Disney Resorts including Swan and Dolphin. If your hotel is not on the list it's $10 to $15 depending on location.

It also states to call for delivery fees (407) 828-8125 and all online orders are $7.50.

The last part is slightly confusing, but I think it's safe to say if your staying onsite it's only $7.50 with no minimum $ amount needed and since they deliver to all resorts for the yc/bc/bcv it should go directly to that resort not the convention center. Hope this helps.

Can I ship a package to Beach Club or Yacht Club for my stay?

If you ship a package to the resort, Mail by United States Postal Service*, not anything else!!! If you mail other than USPS, your items will be shipped to the convention center and the shipping department will charge the recipient a handling charge, based on the weight of your package.

In March 2012, the package retrieval fees were:

Up to 5 pounds: $3
5-20 pounds: $5
above 20 pounds: $10

*Disney's Beach Club Resort (or Disney's Beach Club Villas)
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

or

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

Orders from Garden Grocer are delivered to Bell Services at YC or BC, so they are not subject to the resort delivery fee, only the delivery fee charged by the company. You can ask Bell Services to deliver the order to your room when you are there.

Garden Grocer has a list on their websites of items which they deliver. But I've heard that they will also deliver items which are not on the list. You would need to contact them to find out. Also, they have special rules if your order contains alcohol (wine would be the same), so you would need to learn about those as well.

I think solo cups are on their regular delivery list, but I'm too lazy to check the website for you.

what's the best way to walk from BC to the beach area/zero entry part of SAB?

Thanks for this thread! I know it's a big job! The information is MUCH appreciated!

As you can see from the map, SAB is a very complicated place to move around in. My recommendation is to enter at the YC entry point. It is near the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Then you want to walk around the pool counter-clockwise, hugging the edges closest to the YC until you come to the sandy kiddie area. Don't use the BC entry because it is difficult to get to the kiddie area from that point. If you do go in that way, you'll have to walk over the bridge and around the hot tub and it will be a journey. Here is the map from the first page of this thread.

SABgoogleearth2.jpg

red-solo-cup1.jpg

~NM
I saw the red cup shot glasses at the Christmas Tree Shop the other day and thought of this thread!

page 118-121

Not really sure about the answer to your question. Scroll down- I will repost the info about shipping to the resort from the Other Useful Info Post in a reply below.

I think, but not positive that if you send overnight through UPS it will go to the resort. Not sure if it will be delivered to your room or if you will need to pick it up from the front desk. If you send something by Fed-ex, it WILL go to the convention center and you will need to pick it up there (and pay fees)

Thank you! I had read that information but somewhere saw that USPS deliveries first go to a central Disney location with further delivery to the resort. It said to allow time for that to happen. I think I will just overnight from the USPS on the 22nd and then call Bell Services and see what the story is when I check in on the 23rd. I have no problem picking them up at Bell Services and hiding them. I am just doing a gift basket for each person so they have something to open on Christmas Day...we are doing our traditional christmas on 12-21.

On a separate note, I just ordered two metal 2.5 foot christmas trees which I will put up in each room. I am giving each person a disney gift card, we are going to DTD on our arrival day. I'll let them buy new ornaments with it to place on the tree and then they can keep the ornaments for when they move out (if ever!....they are 23, and 19 now). I figured they can use the metal trees as decorations as well for the future to supplement regular christmas trees.

Thank you! I had read that information but somewhere saw that USPS deliveries first go to a central Disney location with further delivery to the resort. It said to allow time for that to happen. I think I will just overnight from the USPS on the 22nd and then call Bell Services and see what the story is when I check in on the 23rd. I have no problem picking them up at Bell Services and hiding them. I am just doing a gift basket for each person so they have something to open on Christmas Day...we are doing our traditional christmas on 12-21.

On a separate note, I just ordered two metal 2.5 foot christmas trees which I will put up in each room. I am giving each person a disney gift card, we are going to DTD on our arrival day. I'll let them buy new ornaments with it to place on the tree and then they can keep the ornaments for when they move out (if ever!....they are 23, and 19 now). I figured they can use the metal trees as decorations as well for the future to supplement regular christmas trees.

If you ship via USPS, it goes to the back office of the front desk. Bell Services has nothing to do with it. The front office runner will deliver it to your room once you are in-housed.

If you ship via USPS, it goes to the back office of the front desk. Bell Services has nothing to do with it. The front office runner will deliver it to your room once you are in-housed.

Thank you! Teena as usual you are the best! So excited...now I just have to start shopping to fill up the baskets!

Can anyone confirm the reports that Cape May really isn't offering crab legs anymore? Someone had told me that today so I decided to search the boards and sure enough I saw a thread about it. We have a reservation there in 4 weeks and I definitely do not want to keep it if they have been removed from the buffet menu. TIA!

I guess we are one step closer to our first stay at YC from 8/21/2104 - 8/31/2014 (with a one night stay upon arrival on 8/20 at Pop). Final payment has been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter