There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me started on how frustrating it is when the airlines change your flight times!

Don't get me started either. It's not the worst change we've had for this trip: we were supposed to leave Orlando at 1:00 P.M. ... and they changed the flight to leave at 10:00 A.M. !!!

Now with the Magic Express that usually pick us 4 hours before our flight , We'll have to wake up at 5:00 A.M. and we won't even get to have a real breakfast at the resort. :furious:

p.s.: Thanks for the update.

My husband and I will be at the Beach Club for the first time Oct. 28-Nov. 4. We are excited to experience this resort. Hopefully we can come back soon with kids and grandkids. I enjoy reading all the posts here. Thanks for taking time to share info.

Well, if no one has pics of the Presidential Suite "Lounge" yet....no worries....I will get them soon!

9 days...do you hear me??? 9 DAYS!!!! :banana::woohoo::cool1::cheer2::dance3::yay:

I'm not excited or anything....:surfweb:

lol I feel ya, I have 16 more days and I am beyond excited!!! :beach:

Yep, 16 days for us, yacht club fun soon. Seeing the dark side first, so 12 more days and we'll be enjoying the Florida Sun.:beach:

Has anyone activated their military tickets at the International Gateway? I was hoping we could do it there, then enter Epcot.

If anyone is interested, called the SOG, and asked about the Halloween Party tickets. They do sell them, but not in advance. Must buy them at SOG. So, that means we'll have to make a stop there, otherwise, I could get them at MK Guest Services, but will pay tax. Hmmm.

Awesome! Are you driving straight through or stopping along the way?

We are stopping a couple of places along the way to extend the trip :) The drive back home will be straight through.

Next Thursday, we will be on our way! We are stopping on the way down, visiting relatives and legoland. We are also planning on driving through on the way home.

Safe travels to all!

I just have to post this SOMEWHERE>>>>>>>>>>

Today marks the beginning of our 1 MONTH (30 days) countdown!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:
(that's weird... earlier this morning, my ticker in my sig said clearly "one month until..." now it says "4 weeks and 2 days")

Question of the day: Best suggestion for changing into our bathing suits when we 1st arrive at BC (~10-11am) so we can hang out at SAB until #1 we get into our room and #2 our checked bags arrive.
Locker/changing room at the BC fitness center? Is that allowed? Would rather not use a bathroom stall for changing if at all possible bc of, you know, the whole, "OOPS I dropped my [fill in the blank] into the toilet as I was changing" :sad2:

I just have to post this SOMEWHERE>>>>>>>>>>

Today marks the beginning of our 1 MONTH countdown!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Question of the day: Best suggestion for changing into our bathing suits when we 1st arrive at BC (~10-11am) so we can hang out at SAB until #1 we get into our room and #2 our checked bags arrive.
Locker/changing room at the BC fitness center? Is that allowed? Would rather not use a bathroom stall for changing if at all possible bc of, you know, the whole, "OOPS I dropped my [fill in the blank] into the toilet as I was changing" :sad2:

Our room was ready for us when we checked in at 11am. That would solve all problems if your room was ready, too. :)

But, if not, you could always ask at the health club if they would let you change there. The worst they could say is no. There is a bathroom between Cape May and Beaches and Cream, just inside the door. There is also one right off the lobby, close to the elevators.

Our room was ready for us when we checked in at 11am. That would solve all problems if your room was ready, too. :)

But, if not, you could always ask at the health club if they would let you change there. The worst they could say is no. There is a bathroom between Cape May and Beaches and Cream, just inside the door. There is also one right off the lobby, close to the elevators.

Thanks. Yup can't hurt to ask I guess. DS22 does have a massage scheduled for 1:30pm. That kinda makes us paying customers of the spa. ;)
Would be great if room was ready early!

Does anyone know if you can see the Frozen Fireworks from the YC/BC?

I don't think I can move my plans to accomodate limited Sept dates.

Thanks!

wDWherewecome, thank you for posting this information. I have the same situation. Wonder if I will receive a call. I did receive an email to inform me that our fast pass for it's Tough to be a bug had been canceled on September 19. Does anyone know why they canceled it. The email did not say why.

Hey all - I'll be staying at BCV in December and the 3rd Sunday my team is scheduled to play the Primetime game. Is there any where around BC/YC that people usually watch football at? Obviously ESPN is right there, but I'm wondering about any OTHER place. I'm considering a meal before game time at Jiko, so AKL could be a possible other location.

I don't know if anyone suggested this yet bc I haven't yet read to the end of the thread but....
I asked a similar question since my "men" want to leave AK to watch a bit of a Sunday afternoon game. A suggestion was given to me by a poster on that thread: AKL "Victoria Falls Lounge". Apparently they often have popular sporting events on the tv there and if the game you speak of is PrimeTime then it might be on. Maybe call a day or so in advance and ask?

wDWherewecome, thank you for posting this information. I have the same situation. Wonder if I will receive a call. I did receive an email to inform me that our fast pass for it's Tough to be a bug had been canceled on September 19. Does anyone know why they canceled it. The email did not say why.

The refurbishment of It's Tough to be a bug has been extended to the end of of September. :(

Does anyone know if you can see the Frozen Fireworks from the YC/BC?

I don't think I can move my plans to accomodate limited Sept dates.

Thanks!

I actually saw a picture on FB this morning of the Frozen fireworks as seen from a 4th floor BC (or YC) room. Really good view. I would post it here but I don't have permission from the photographer.

My guess is you can see some of the fireworks from the beach, but I would love to receive confirmation of this info.

It just started out badly, when we arrived at the guard shack and gave over our ID the security guard said we weren't on the reservations list, which is confusing to me as I made all three of our room reservations (and the other two room reservations were listed, just not us the first room I actually booked). So the guard sent us on through and told us to go to the front desk and they will straighten it out. We weren't greeted at the front like we've always been before, no one seemed to know we were even expected at the resort so that was crazy to begin with. Once we got to speak to someone at the front desk they found our reservation thankfully and seemed to have no idea why the guard shack didn't have us listed. So fine, we were checked it so that's all that matters. We arrived early so I knew our rooms (again we had 3 booked for our whole party) wouldn't be ready but I also found out that our rooms were not connecting and no even near by each other. When I made our initial reservations I was told our rooms would be linked together to help us get connect or at least rooms near each other. That didn't work out for us, but since it was just a request I let it go.

We waited around until 3 and never received a text that any of our 3 rooms were ready, when I went back to the front desk I was told check in was at 4 o'clock so try back then. After waiting around until almost 5 I went back and asked again about the rooms, still nothing. Eventually we got a text about one of the rooms finally coming available so our whole party just piled into that room waiting on text messages for the other rooms. Those messages never came and I had to go back to the front desk to check on them once again after another hour or so and the front desk seemed like the rooms had been ready and when I questioned why I only received the text about one room I was told I must have been out of service range (funny as I was in the lobby and/or one of the hotel rooms the whole time).

So after we finally got the rest of our rooms, two of them were fine, but the third the room I was staying in, had an awful smell a combo between bleach and mold/mildew so back to the front desk we go, since I have serve asthma and being in that room was impossible for me. The front desk said they'd have the room re-cleaned and sent us away to a complimentary dinner (which was very nice of them). So we left and had dinner and then came back to the room and it still had the same smell and I felt like I could feel water under the carpet in the room (squishy like wet feeling) so we went back to the front desk and was told that the hotel was full and they could not change our room. We even asked if they had any rooms at YC and we'd change over to there, but they said no they were at capacity and there wasn't anywhere for us to go. That was a problem because I could not stand the smell of the room and would have been extremely sick if I stayed in that room. The other problem with the room, which we would have dealt with if it wasn't for the smell was that the room was a standard (roof top view with a tree in the far distance) and we paid for a garden view. I didn't consider the view since the main view was a roof top to be garden view so that wasn't great.

Since they had nothing they could do for us that night, I had to stay in my sisters room until the next day when they could try to find somewhere else for us to stay, but the rest of my family stayed in the smelly room. The next day they finally got us another room without any smell and with the view we paid for, but we didn't get it until late in the evening.

In the end, they did comp us a meal and they did get us a room that we could stay in and enjoy, but it was a really rough start to the trip. In the end they made it right and we did enjoy our stay after the first couple of hard days. I really think the first room we had should have never been given to anyone with the mold/mildew smell that wouldn't go away so I hope they took it out of rotation until they could deal with the problem.

All I can say is if you have a problem deal with it right that minute and get it taken care of, which is what we did, it didn't get worked out right away but it did after a day and a half and after we put that behind us we had a great time.

For the poster who asked if we liked the walks/boats, the walk to Epcot was easy and we enjoyed that, we used the boat for getting to HS and I thought that was nice, it didn't take to long but we weren't in a rush to get places so we enjoyed a leisurely pace to/from the parks.

We also took the boat to the BW and then walked back, and the walk back was quicker than the boat for that but like I said we were pretty leisurely so both were great for us!

I just want to say that I think you have a very balanced and reasonable reaction to the situation you dealt with. That attitude is what enabled you to "put it behind" you and enjoy the rest of the trip. Kudo's. Hope I can do the same if I'm ever faced with similar!

Thanks for the info. Hate we will miss it's tough to be a bug. Called about the dining situation and the CM said there would be no problem.

I actually saw a picture on FB this morning of the Frozen fireworks as seen from a 4th floor BC (or YC) room. Really good view. I would post it here but I don't have permission from the photographer.

My guess is you can see some of the fireworks from the beach, but I would love to receive confirmation of this info.

I did a little research of my own about the fireworks. Ideally I would just like to sit on the beach at the BC but walking down toward HS on the walkway works, too. I saw a video of the fireworks that was filmed from the Boardwalk walkway and it was a good view.

If you look at this map by Robo, the fireworks should be visible from the Beach Club.

I've made a map that indicates where to view the DHS Frozen Fireworks from outside DHS.

Better views are along the (purple) pathway inside the area that I shaded in green on the map below.

The bottom green arrow points to the approximate spot
where the "outside-the-park" fireworks on THIS WDWMagic video (@ approx. 6:30) were shot.

DHS-Epcot-IG-Fwks_071014_zps62eda25b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter