The WONDER's unofficial dry dock thread!

I see the cranes are still moving as well.

RRB said:
After looking again at the Radisson cam, I think you're right, it is the Wonder. If it's leaving today ay 4:00, and makes 24 MPH (20 KTS), it will get there in about 25 hours. That would put it into port at about 6:00 PM Monday evening.

I hope your time estimate is right. I have a wedding to go to in the morning that should be done with by 1:00 pm at the latest. Then 1.5 hours down to Norfolk. I was going to try to be out on the fishing pier on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel when she came through to get some pics.

Candy :dance3:

The Wonder heading off to dry dock.

Wonder10-1-06rad.jpg

Wonder10-1-06rad01.jpg

wonder10-1-06ron.jpg

Wondertp10-1-06.jpg

2angelsinheaven said:
So that was you Andy who was playing with the Camera...lol

No, I was on an 18:00 minute hold, I just got on there and captured a couple of quick pics, LOL!!! ;)

I was trying but there were others also.

Randy

can we make this the unoffical dry dock thread.. LOL... changing the name!!

I have a friend that works in the cruise line offices at Celibration. She said she would try to see a list of improvements and let me know what they are. I'll pass the info along as I get it. I'm sure most of the improvements are already public knowledge. If anything new is added I'll let you know. :thumbsup2

Here's the scoop on all of the DD updates!!!

CELEBRATION, Fla. - One of the most magical ships afloat is getting an extra dose of pixie dust. Following two weeks in dry dock this October, the Disney Wonder will offer more options for adults, children and families, and further enhance the personalized vacation experience Disney Cruise Line is known for providing its guests.

The changes will be hard to miss, especially on the pool decks: whimsical additions are planned for the Mickey Pool, major entertainment offerings will be unveiled at the Goofy Pool, and a splash of upscale elegance is being added to the adult-only Quiet Cove pool. Other modifications will be made to the onboard conference rooms, the Vista Spa and Salon and youth activity spaces.

New For Kids of All Ages
After dry dock, there will be something new on the ship for children of all ages - including the youngest set of cruisers - toddlers. An extension to the Mickey Pool on deck 9 is designed specifically for children not yet toilet trained and in swim diapers. Reminiscent of Mickey's sorcerer hat, the 385-square-foot toddler water-play pool features star- and moon-shaped interactive fountains and splash zones.

At Oceaneer Lab (ages 8-12), a new computer simulator allows children to see what it's like to steer the Disney Wonder in and out of various ports of call. The simulator is built into a replica of the ship's bridge, complete with giant video screens that provide a panoramic view of the ports - similar to the view from the actual ship's bridge.

Oceaneer Club (ages 3-7) will expand on its Neverland theme and revamp the Captain's Closet dress-up area, creating more space for hands-on, interactive activities for the children along with additional PlayStation and computer stations for individual play.

New Family Fun
Disney Wonder guests will enjoy poolside movies on a brand-new, state- of-the-art jumbo LED screen affixed to the forward funnel on deck 9. At the Goofy Pool (family pool area), families can gather and watch classic Disney animated or live-action movies on the giant 24-by-14- foot screen. Other programming will also be available - such as popular TV shows and major sporting and broadcast events - and the 336- square-foot screen will greatly enhance outdoor entertainment and deck parties in and around the Goofy Pool area.

New Adult Activities
At the Vista Spa and Salon, guests will find three specifically designed spa villas - complete with an indoor spa treatment suite connected to a private outdoor verandah with personal hot tub, open- air shower and luxurious chaise lounge. With incredible ocean vistas and warm tropical breezes, the new treatment suites provide guests with a romantic getaway into a tranquil oasis without ever leaving the ship.

As part of the Vista Spa expansion, the fitness center will double in size, providing space for more exercise equipment, an area for spinning classes and private salons for Pilates instruction and one-on-one beauty and fitness consultations. The Vista Spa and Salon is an area reserved exclusively for adults aboard the Disney Wonder. The expansion adds an additional 1,700 square feet to the fitness center, bringing the total size of the Vista Spa to 10,700 square feet.

Adjacent to the Vista Spa, the Quiet Cove adult pool is undergoing a makeover with waterfalls cascading from the two hot tubs, and teak deck and lounge chairs with plush cushions lining the pool. Guests visiting the Quiet Cove pool will find a peaceful respite that looks and feels like an outdoor extension of the Vista Spa.

New for Business Travelers
The Peter Pan, Fantasia and Steamboat Willie conference rooms on deck 2 are being transformed to rival any meeting space on land. A combination of warm wood tones mixed with Disney nostalgia, each conference room will contain state-of-the-art business presentation tools, complete with LED flat-screen TVs. The meeting space will also host a business center, individual computer stations and a refreshment bar. In addition, business travelers will find more Wi-Fi Internet stations inside the popular adult coffee bar, Cove Café, located on deck 9.

Water, Water - Everywhere! Disney Cruise Line Now Offers
H2O Plus Spa Products in All Staterooms
Additional Stateroom Amenities Enhance the Disney Cruise Line Experience

CELEBRATION, Fla. -- Disney Cruise Line guests soon will be able to absorb the enriching benefits of the ocean while sailing on the high seas. Beginning in October, the cruise line is introducing H2O Plus Spa bath and shower products to all 877 guest accommodations on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder. These high-end products, derived from marine botanicals, bring a piece of the ocean into every stateroom.

The high-quality, water-based H2O Plus products being stocked on the Disney Cruise Line ships include Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo, Marine Collagen Conditioner and Hydrating Body Butter from the H2O Plus premium Spa line -- all in uniquely designed, co-branded bottles. Guests staying in concierge-level suites will find additional H20 Plus offerings such as Sea Salt Body Wash and Solar Relief Gel.

The upgrade of every family-friendly stateroom onboard both the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder also features new Sealy Posturepedic Premium Plush Euro-top mattresses, new pillows and Frette 300 thread-count, 100 percent Egyptian cotton linens. In addition, larger, more luxurious bath towels and bath sheets have been added to all stateroom bathrooms.

In all concierge-level suites, there are comfortable duvets and a new "Pillow Talk" program which allows concierge guests to choose from a selection of hypo-allergenic, feather and therapeutic memory foam pillow options.

Sea-derived skincare innovator H2O Plus, L.P. has been making a splash in the specialty global retail market with an array of skincare, spa, bath and shower and color cosmetics products for the last 16 years. The company's entrepreneurial founder and creative director, Cindy Melk, has grown H2O Plus from a concept of water-based, sea-derived formulations to an internationally recognized branded company.

we will be watching this thread. do the wonder and the magic go into dry dock every october. what work do they have planned besides repainting the hull..

I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. We'll be there in a little over a month!!! :thumbsup2

When does the Magic go to dry dock again? Thanks for keeping us all up to date. :cheer2:

nani said:
When does the Magic go to dry dock again? Thanks for keeping us all up to date. :cheer2:
It is on its way NOW!!!!!! WOOOHOOO

2angelsinheaven said:
Now I'll only get to hear "When you wish upon a star" once a week till she returns. Can't wait to see the updates though!

Just a question for you, as a CM at the terminal, do you get to go on and off the ships at will? Can you help yourself to the food :teeth: or pay a visit to Palo?

This is great! :thumbsup2 I am so excited to see all the changes and see all the DD pics and webcam! :banana:

nani said:
Stephieann said:
Actually, the Wonder is on her way to drydock, not the Magic. From what I understand, the Magic won't be going in drydock again until 2008, breaking her traditional every-other-year update.

I wish I was going to be on the Wonder soon! The changes sound amazing.

Originally Posted by nani
When does the Magic go to dry dock again? Thanks for keeping us all up to date.

Originally Posted by Stephieann

Actually, the Wonder is on her way to drydock, not the Magic. From what I understand, the Magic won't be going in drydock again until 2008, breaking her traditional every-other-year update.

I wish I was going to be on the Wonder soon! The changes sound amazing.

LOL.... I MISS READ THAT... thought she asked about the WONDER!! BLONDE MOMENT! Or either i did not have my glasses on.. LOL

I will be on the wonder in 3 weeks and 6 days!!!!!

Thanks for the great pictures of her leaving for dry dock, I can't wait for her to come back as I will be on the first cruise after dry dock

Anyone want to guess at her arrival time? Yesterday, I said around 6:00 PM today. For my official guess, I'll say 6:45.

Randy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter