The WOnDeRs - Go WOnDeRs - w/c 14th April

I need to work on the exercise portion of my plan. I guess I need to develop a plan first......

Kathy

So many people become discouraged when trying to lose weight because they jump in head first and put unreasonable demands on themselves as far as exercise is concerned. Just start out slow by doing little things like taking the stairs, maybe a game of bowling, or shoot a few hoops with your kid at the park -- pretty much anything that gets you moving.

My DD is the perfect example of this -- I will suggest that she walk on the treadmill but she thinks that's just too slow, so instead jogs like crazy for as long as she can and then won't exercise again for several days because she's all stiff and sore...this is when I gently remind her that it's the turtle that wins the race.

I'm not telling anyone not to push themselves -- just do it in a way that you can maintain...even if it's just one parking spot further away at a time! :thumbsup2

Hi y'all! I only lost 0.5 pounds last week, but I'm still thrilled! I returned from 4 days/3nights in The Holy City (Charleston, SC for those who haven't yet visited there) to find I'd actually lost weight instead of gained! :cool1:

Since I was there for my churchwomen's state convention, and we always have loads of goodies with us to share, I'm so happy I didn't gain lots of weight! :yay:

Now, it's back to the business of eating right and exercising. :rolleyes1

0.5 down, 44.5 to go!

Oh No!!!!! I just got off the phone with my sister who is hosting a party this weekend and guess what the menu is - FRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!! (It's a casual fish fry.) Ugh! I asked her if there was any salad or ANYthing healthy - her answer was "No. It's a fish fry you can't have anything healthy. We live in the South remember." I've been soooooo good for the last few weeks and now I have to spend an evening around french fries, hush puppies, and cobbler. Pray for me!!!! ;)

Hi everyone....I just got back from my weigh in and I lost 2lbs this week! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: This brings me to a total loss of 29lbs to date, 55lbs to go before December trip to WDW!

Well done everyone it looks like most of you got off to a good start this week! For those that didn't manage a loss don't give up we are all in it together. :grouphug:

Take care....and good luck for next week.

My sticking with it paid off:banana: I went to my first WW weigh in today and I lost a total of 3.2 pounds this week. On Monday it was only 2.0 and that salt came off of me over the last 2 days. That is probably one of the few times I didnt get down on myself after messing up but did the right thing and continued on my plan. I just had to share 3.2 pounds is huge for me in a weeks time.:woohoo:

Hi everyone....I just got back from my weigh in and I lost 2lbs this week! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: This brings me to a total loss of 29lbs to date, 55lbs to go before December trip to WDW!

Well done everyone it looks like most of you got off to a good start this week! For those that didn't manage a loss don't give up we are all in it together. :grouphug:

Take care....and good luck for next week.

Well done :thumbsup2

My sticking with it paid off:banana: I went to my first WW weigh in today and I lost a total of 3.2 pounds this week. On Monday it was only 2.0 and that salt came off of me over the last 2 days. That is probably one of the few times I didnt get down on myself after messing up but did the right thing and continued on my plan. I just had to share 3.2 pounds is huge for me in a weeks time.:woohoo:

That is fantastic - a great boost :)

Oh No!!!!! I just got off the phone with my sister who is hosting a party this weekend and guess what the menu is - FRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!! (It's a casual fish fry.) Ugh! I asked her if there was any salad or ANYthing healthy - her answer was "No. It's a fish fry you can't have anything healthy. We live in the South remember." I've been soooooo good for the last few weeks and now I have to spend an evening around french fries, hush puppies, and cobbler. Pray for me!!!! ;)

You can handle it. I have faith. You know you are going to have to eat something there. Eat a big salad and other healthy stuff before you go. Then you won't be as hungry so when you are around the food, which sounds wonderful ;) , you can have a little as not to insult anyone, but not over indulge. You'll do great :woohoo: !

:mad: I was doing so well today and then freaked out and bought a small tin roof blizzard at Dairy Queen. I feel so mad at myself now!

Ok I ate to many spareribs but I just did 40 min walking on treadmill so I dont feel so bad. I cant believe I actually dragged my but on the treadmill at 1030 at night. Guess the guilt got to me. LOL. I dont want to let my WOnDers down next week. Hopefully it will make up for some of my indulgence.

Gained .2 last week at WW and then lost .2 tonight---funny thing, my cell went off while I was on the scale while the WW lady was weighing me and she said to set the phone down---Then said, "Okay, now you're down .2."

Went out to lunch w/ my DH. Our tradition is for me to get the local famous crabcake sammie w/ cole slaw and a massive side of fries-- the kind you throw salt and vinegar on and just devour---I talked DH into going to this "fat food" place even after he protested a bit and said we should eat better, BUT then I stopped myself and opted for a salad place that has Kraft FREE dressings...my side was a bowl of soup and steamed veggies---more veggies---yah! I feel like a martyr.

Gained .2 last week at WW and then lost .2 tonight---funny thing, my cell went off while I was on the scale while the WW lady was weighing me and she said to set the phone down---Then said, "Okay, now you're down .2."

I used to be a WW receptionist, and I could tell you some funny stories about people trying to get good numbers on the scale. Some people come in for their first weigh in with pockets full of change or layers of clothing so they will have a good first week weight loss. Others make sure their bladder/and or lungs are empty when they step on the scale. Some people remove watches and jewelry. One lady insisted on being weighed in her slip! :scared1:

I also heard a million "the dog ate my homework" excuses. Some of them were really pretty funny. I never asked, but some people use the scale as a confessional. I heard every "bad" thing they ate all week as well as all the reasons it couldn't possibly be their fault. My favorite was the lady who would alway say, "I'm up this week because I ate too darned much." :rotfl2:

I used to be a WW receptionist, and I could tell you some funny stories about people trying to get good numbers on the scale. Some people come in for their first weigh in with pockets full of change or layers of clothing so they will have a good first week weight loss. Others make sure their bladder/and or lungs are empty when they step on the scale. Some people remove watches and jewelry. One lady insisted on being weighed in her slip! :scared1: I also heard a million "the dog ate my homework" excuses. Some of them were really pretty funny. I never asked, but some people use the scale as a confessional. I heard every "bad" thing they ate all week as well as all the reasons it couldn't possibly be their fault. My favorite was the lady who would alway say, "I'm up this week because I ate too darned much." :rotfl2:
OMG---these are such funny stories and the last one really cracked me up!:angel:

I weighed myself this morning, and I'm either really depressed or really irked at our Y because they won't put a new battery in their scale. Because it's had a low battery for 1 1/2 weeks, I've been weighing myself everyday just to see if they've fixed it. One day it weighed me 20 pounds lower. So, if I go by the scale with the crazy numbers, I've lost nothing, which is discouraging.

I hate mornings, I'll take any extra minute I can get to sleep until about 8. Then no more sleeping. But, I've gotten up four mornings in the last two weeks to workout at 6 o'clock in the morning, because it won't work any other time in my day. I've quit drinking pop and am only drinking water. That is huge for me. I drank A LOT of pop and no water. I'm eating healthier snacks and meals, and just trying to cut down on portions. Nothing.

I guess I have to look at it that for my health, I'm doing good things, but I still would have liked to have seen some results.

I weighed myself this morning, and I'm either really depressed or really irked at our Y because they won't put a new battery in their scale. Because it's had a low battery for 1 1/2 weeks, I've been weighing myself everyday just to see if they've fixed it. One day it weighed me 20 pounds lower. So, if I go by the scale with the crazy numbers, I've lost nothing, which is discouraging.

I hate mornings, I'll take any extra minute I can get to sleep until about 8. Then no more sleeping. But, I've gotten up four mornings in the last two weeks to workout at 6 o'clock in the morning, because it won't work any other time in my day. I've quit drinking pop and am only drinking water. That is huge for me. I drank A LOT of pop and no water. I'm eating healthier snacks and meals, and just trying to cut down on portions. Nothing.

I guess I have to look at it that for my health, I'm doing good things, but I still would have liked to have seen some results.

Don't be disheartened - the scales are dodgy and you know you are doing the right things so you will see a result :hug:

Sometimes you loose nothing one week and then a lot the next week. You have done really well this week and you will see a lose :thumbsup2

But, I've gotten up four mornings in the last two weeks to workout at 6 o'clock in the morning, because it won't work any other time in my day. I've quit drinking pop and am only drinking water. That is huge for me. I drank A LOT of pop and no water. I'm eating healthier snacks and meals, and just trying to cut down on portions.

That is GREAT!!! I think scales are highly over-rated. I recommend getting rid of it if you are tempted to step on it every day. Your weight goes up and down daily, and that's not a true indicator of how you are following your plan and it can sabotage you. More than weekly will just drive you nuts. Keep up the good work- you are making really good lifestyle changes and you will start to see the results soon. Plus those kind of changes will stick with you forever, not just while you are "on a diet".

I feel your pain Nicole! Our scales have been acting up as well -- when I step on them all that shows up is an "L"...I'm still trying to figure out if it stands for "Loser" or "Lard". :lmao:

Seriously -- it is annoying when you go in there all excited hoping for a weight loss and the scales are malfunctioning. Hang in there!!!

I feel your pain Nicole! Our scales have been acting up as well -- when I step on them all that shows up is an "L"...I'm still trying to figure out if it stands for "Loser" or "Lard". :lmao:

Seriously -- it is annoying when you go in there all excited hoping for a weight loss and the scales are malfunctioning. Hang in there!!!

Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure the L is for Light :) I know I need to get away from the scale. But, I want to see that what I am doing is doing something besides making me crabby because I don't have my caffeine! I like the water with Crystal Light. I bought a new kind of Crystal Light that has added fiber. Holy Cow! I think I've met my fiber quota for the month in just this week.

Curious for imput. I have to make my food shopping list tonight and am feeling uninspired. Ussually that is a recipe for disaster.

I am not a big cook because I am single but I still like variety ( I will make batches of things and freeze them).
I make brown rice or pasta to last the week and get enough salad and add chicken, fish and veggies. I react bad to salt so I am trying to stay away from processed.
So the question... what is the one quick, calorie friendly dish that is you stand by? What is the must have on your grocery list? The only restriction is an allergy to tomatoes.

I have 4 nights where I have evening commitments this week and again this is a challenge but if I get dishes ready on the weekend challenge turns simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter