The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

Terrific Tuesday is heading your way!!

:goodvibes I hope you all are ok and just busy. Come on, I hate playing by myself - where is everyone? :rotfl2:

Beautiful morning today. The sun is shining and the wind is low. That is a real treat for us here on the Plains.

Doug and I are going to go pick corn tonight and then get home and freeze it. It will be a long night but when the snow is blowing in February I love it.

WFDT ~ grilled hamburgers, pasta salad and corn on the cob (of course)

Make it a great day!!

....what was for dinner last night? Grilled skirt steak[seasoned with green chimichurri sauce] with red chimichurri sauce, brown rice, and steamed broccoli...

Thanks ladies! I really like the Mexican Lasagna. It's easy and different. Well since ive been making it well over 10 years, not that different now.

Ellen - I hear you on the bugs. That is the one thing in my garden that drives me bonkers. I'm glad you're able to freeze so many nice veggies to enjoy in the winter. My freezer is full of meat! :rotfl2:

Kim - your dinners always sound so good! If we ever settle down between the moving and traveling I hope to get back to cooking.

Maslex - the seafood meal sounds great.

I did a lot od DISing Saturday. We sort of hit an overload wall and skipped most of the presentations. Besides most of the day was costume contests. I took a few photos, but soent most of the day in the room. Sunday we gambled most of the day and Fran did well at Blackjack, but we did see William Shatner and attended the next year's registration to upgrade our seats.

Yesterday we checked out of the hotel. It took almost an hour for the bellman to come up and get the bags so the entire morning was shot. We had a nice lunch at a restaurant in the Caesar's palace forum shops and then guess what? More Blackjack! :lmao: We actually didn't get on the road until 4PM and arrived at home around 9PM.

My lunch was Chicken Parmesan with linguine. The portion was so huge I took it home with me and had that for dinner. Fran ate some lil smokies with bread, mayo and ketchup for her dinner. Tonight we have to go to band, so dinner will likely to be from a drive through.

Alison ~
I have to confess that it's a Bobby Flay recipe that I twisted up a bit....

I'm going to just jump back in.

Life's been busy with the Japanese exchange student around. Really missing catching up on all the news from everyone.
She leaves on Saturday so I hope to be able to post my lasagna pictures then.

Alison - your mexican lasagna is spectacular.

Kimmar - hope things are on the improve for your brother. Your meals are sounding delicious!

Ellen - Bedroom sounds great. How are things with you?

Maslex - I want your seafood meal now!

Brandi - I've been thinking of you. :hug:

Happy Hump day!!

Alison ~ Welcome home!! Sounds like you and Fran had a great time. Even good luck at the tables. I love to play Black Jack but I really love my slots. My parents lived in Vegas for many years. They both worked at Circus Circus. Good memories and good times.

Kim ~ I love Bobby Flay and his recipes. But I am like you I seem to play with them - NOT Bobby (well maybe, but that's a whole 'nother story) - but the recipes. :lmao:

PIO ~ I am so glad you just jumped back in - you have been missed. Things are great with me, thanks for asking.

It is almost time for our Church Garage Sale. I have great help this year as we have 5 kids raising money for a Choir Trip to Europe. I told them that if they wanted to help I will give them 1/2 to their fund and I will keep the other 1/2 to send to our Mission work. So far the kids (and Parents) have really been helpful.

WFDT ~ Sirloins, baked potatoes and salads.

Make it a great day!!

Hey girlies........

Brandi ~ You really are in heaven with all of the fresh veggies. What are you going to do in the winter? I totally could be right there with you. I do love my fruit and veggies but I would have to be like David also - I want a bit of meat also once in awhile.

I love this time of year.. My plates have been so colorful. Just lots of veggies cutup waiting to eat. Last night we had huge heirloom tomatoes (Black, yellow and green)

Cucumbers, bell peppers, cabbage, and some zuchinni

David put a grilled pork chop on his plate, and never touched it. He was too full from the veggies.

When I left the house this morning it was really foggy. That scares me as they say that you will get your first snow 6 weeks after a fog. Good grief I am so not ready for snow. That would be the middle of September - I don't think so!!!
[\QUOTE]
oh no!!!!! No snow in September. I just don't think I could handle that. :(

We had a very productive weekend. The bedroom is now insulated!! We have to install the new windows and then sheetrock. Woohoo!!!
[\QUOTE] Whoop That is awesome news.

While Doug was working on the bedroom (he wouldn't let me help). I put up 7 quarts of the BEST spaghetti /pizza/tomato sauce. I was pretty proud of myself. I didn't have a recipe I just did it. Then I had 1 very large zucchini that I made up into 4 loaves of bread. My freezer is very happy.
[\QUOTE]

I love to can and I put up lots and lots of tomatoes to use all year. Pickles, beans and apples. Lots and lots of apples.

Thanks ladies! I really like the Mexican Lasagna. It's easy and different. Well since ive been making it well over 10 years, not that different now.

Ellen - I hear you on the bugs. That is the one thing in my garden that drives me bonkers. I'm glad you're able to freeze so many nice veggies to enjoy in the winter. My freezer is full of meat! :rotfl2:

Kim - your dinners always sound so good! If we ever settle down between the moving and traveling I hope to get back to cooking.

Maslex - the seafood meal sounds great.

I did a lot od DISing Saturday. We sort of hit an overload wall and skipped most of the presentations. Besides most of the day was costume contests. I took a few photos, but soent most of the day in the room. Sunday we gambled most of the day and Fran did well at Blackjack, but we did see William Shatner and attended the next year's registration to upgrade our seats.

Yesterday we checked out of the hotel. It took almost an hour for the bellman to come up and get the bags so the entire morning was shot. We had a nice lunch at a restaurant in the Caesar's palace forum shops and then guess what? More Blackjack! :lmao: We actually didn't get on the road until 4PM and arrived at home around 9PM.

My lunch was Chicken Parmesan with linguine. The portion was so huge I took it home with me and had that for dinner. Fran ate some lil smokies with bread, mayo and ketchup for her dinner. Tonight we have to go to band, so dinner will likely to be from a drive through.

You two have been so busy this summer, I am sure you are ready for a little break...

Morning girlies,

:rotfl2::rotfl:

...you naughty, naughty girl....

ME????? Nahhhh, no way, I am a good girl.........::yes::

Brandi ~ Sure wish you lived close to me as I have 6 apple trees in my orchard and we have a bumper crop this year. They are SO yummy!! I would love to share.
I love to can also and within in the next 4 or 5 weeks I will be knee deep in canners and jars. I love it!!
~~

I only had one girl show up last night to help with the garage sale. We got a lot done. I am hoping there is more "stuff" coming in today or it might be a pretty small sale. We will work tonight getting things organized and marked.

WFDT ~ Doug is golfing - of course he is - it's Thursday!! And I am getting pizza for all of the helpers tonight.

Make it a great day!

We are sitting on a plane waiting for everyone to board. We arrive in Columbus, OH around 6PM tonight. WFD? Whatever restaurant looks good to us on the way to our hotel tonight!

....how adventurous! And brave......:rolleyes:

Trip advisor and yelp were my friends. However out here in rural Ohio there wasn't much to be adventurous with. Perhaps in Cleveland there will be a few more interesting locations. We had fish and chips a gyros and Mac and cheese. Nothing to write home about but it did the trick.

The best part is that they upgraded us to a suite. Fran was willing to put up with the underlying stench of stale cigarettes so that I could have the jacuzzi. Its only for tonight. Tomorrow we head to Cleveland.

Thank Goodness it's Friday - this has been the looooongest week.

Alison ~ Safe travels my friends.........seems like I have said that a LOT this summer. :rotfl2: Good for you both!! Have fun

Kim ~ I love me some lamb chops. Don't get them very often but I do love them. I am going to the Farmer's Market this weekend to get some summer squash. Can't wait!!

The kids came last night and were a big help. We got 80% of it all marked and today will just add what comes in and get the rest marked and we will be set. But get this...........we also have a funeral here at the Church tomorrow. I have no idea how this will work :scared1:! I tried to talk them out of it. The body will be cremated so it wasn't like they couldn't have it on Friday or Monday or at least an afternoon funeral, but no they wanted it at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday!! Plus it is a young man so it will be huge!! This is going to be a mess!!

WFDT ~ Doug is in charge, so I have no idea but by the time I get home I will appreciate what ever is put in front of me.

Make it a great day and an awesome weekend.

Morning girlies,

ME????? Nahhhh, no way, I am a good girl.........::yes::

Brandi ~ Sure wish you lived close to me as I have 6 apple trees in my orchard and we have a bumper crop this year. They are SO yummy!! I would love to share.
I love to can also and within in the next 4 or 5 weeks I will be knee deep in canners and jars. I love it!!
~~

I only had one girl show up last night to help with the garage sale. We got a lot done. I am hoping there is more "stuff" coming in today or it might be a pretty small sale. We will work tonight getting things organized and marked.

WFDT ~ Doug is golfing - of course he is - it's Thursday!! And I am getting pizza for all of the helpers tonight.

Make it a great day!

6 apple trees sounds lovely! Yes we could jar them together! Haha. Yes I was thinking in a couple of weeks I will be cleaning jars, boiling and getting ready for the knee deep in tomatoes!

Lots of tears this morning when the FE students left. But I have to admit that I'm glad to be back to normal now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter