The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just checking this resort out as we are planning for the fall….I see lots of people here love it. I checked Trip Advisor yesterday, though, and 2 people in the past month ( different buildings) mentioned bugs :( Roaches:(
So there are several buildings? Is there a way to get in a certain one? Does the quality/cleanliness vary among units, and if so, is there specific unit reviews someplace?
I've never rented an offsite/condo before. trying to learn from you all. Thanks!

There are 7 buildings, 6 of which are very large apartment style buildings. I believe--and someone will post the correct number--there are about 1,500 units.
Since it is in Florida, there are tropical bugs that get in everywhere. Yes, there are isolated reports of cockroaches, etc. But overwhelmingly you will find that people are satisfied with the cleanliness.

Hi..

Best way to book is?

If I need to stay 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post-cruise, best way just do it separately?

Will they let me park my car somewhere - take a shuttle to the parks?

Thanks! :)

Hi..

Best way to book is?

If I need to stay 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post-cruise, best way just do it separately?

Will they let me park my car somewhere - take a shuttle to the parks?

If you're staying at Bonnet Creek, the parking is free. So yes, you can park and take their shuttle to the parks.

I'm just checking this resort out as we are planning for the fall….I see lots of people here love it. I checked Trip Advisor yesterday, though, and 2 people in the past month ( different buildings) mentioned bugs :( Roaches:(
So there are several buildings? Is there a way to get in a certain one? Does the quality/cleanliness vary among units, and if so, is there specific unit reviews someplace?
I've never rented an offsite/condo before. trying to learn from you all. Thanks!

We've stayed at Bonnet Creek three times in the last eight months and never saw a bug inside the units (did see some lizards outside on the walkways:rotfl:). We were in Tower 4 in May, Tower 5 in Sept, and Tower 6 in Dec. We wanted to stay there again for our late March trip, but apparently it's fully booked for our week.

I've stayed there every year since it opened. Never seen a roach there or had bedbugs or anything.

That's so good to hear! I know many people say "it's Florida and that's just the way it is" but- no! Bedbugs. Roaches. Deal breakers for us, I would never be able to stay someplace that had either.
We 've gone to WDW resorts over a dozen times and never seen that.

That's so good to hear! I know many people say "it's Florida and that's just the way it is" but- no! Bedbugs. Roaches. Deal breakers for us, I would never be able to stay someplace that had either.

We had one in our room at the Poly :)

And they aren't roaches. They are palmetto bugs. Big difference.

Just got back Sunday from a two-week trip. No roaches. Tower 6. I've stayed there several times in the past couple of years with no problem.

Each trip you take is then just based on luck.

I had a roach in my room at BCV.

Never had bedbugs anywhere I've stayed, but many of the Disney resorts have had them and BC has had them as well.

My daughter has had bedbugs. They came from a Marriott resort.

It's nice to think that these things don't happen at your resort of choice, but it's just not the case.

I know its always a possibility- it just seems wrong to go where there are reports of it, somehow.
We had a bedbug scare at home last year. Turns out we didn't have anything at all, but boy-the laundry-the cleaning-the panic….:crazy2:

Totally understandable. When we stayed at a Wyndham property in New Orleans, there were roaches there, but that's the only Wyndham property I've seen any bugs at all, and I've stayed at quite a few.

I can not believe that I made it to the end of this thread! WOWSERS!

Here are my questions, that were not really answered previously.

1. What is the actual likelihood of being placed on an upper floor, in tower 4 or 5? I believe we will be in a 2bdrm deluxe. (Unless we get a better price quote for a presidential...then I know we will be on an upper floor of 6) We are hoping for a higher floor...and b/c of having small kids, were hoping to be close to the lazy river and pirate ship. Just wondering if there has ever been a poll about getting your request filled. :D

2. Is there a better day to check in, for the purpose of getting the room request you would like? Or...is it just dumb luck?

3. Has anyone ever confirmed what kind of pack-n-play is typically used? I would want to bring some sheets for it, if possible.

I have REALLY enjoyed reading all of the advice, plans, and questions from the posters of WBC!!! Looking forward to our stay at the end of April.

1. Depends on when you go

2. IIRC, most people arrive on Saturday, so Fri is probably your best bet.

I had the same question when I started reading this thread. I think I started reading somewhere around page 140. Like someone else mentioned, it sounds like they are Palmetto bugs. They fly, so they can get into your room if you leave a window or balcony door open. Someone said that they are not a sign of uncleanliness; they are just around a lot in Florida. This is what some other people said:

Page 144:
I have not noticed any big problems and we have stayed there about 20 times. If you read the reports on here, they are pretty much all positive. Usually the negative comments are more in the more emotional "we miss staying on property," "we miss Disney magic" realm.

We have had people asking the same question as you as those negative reviews on tripadvisor have been around for a while. Some people speculate the negative reviews are because people think they are getting a full-service hotel and not a timeshare. Some speculate the resort is getting hit with fake reviews from the other timeshares in Orlando.

Page 176:
If you look on Trip Advisor there are bad reviews of every single resort they have listed. You start reading the worst reviews, then the terrible reviews, then work yoir way up through the average and good reviews. I think for WBC you will see consistency in that tons of ppl are complaining about the lack of housekeeping and hotel service that you don't get in a timeshare resort. You will always find ppl mistakenly calling water bugs "roaches". Roaches are tiny and come from filth and food. Water bugs or Palmetto bugs is what you will find in Florida and they are prevalent in wet areas like Florida. There is almost nothing you can do about them. Other things ppl complain about like things needing repaired. A broken knob or handle. In all of the reviews I have read the only ones that ever give me pause are.ones where ppl claim they had bedbugs and didn't know it until it was too late. I check every bed in every room I stay in.
We will be at our first WBC stay in 3 days. I am looking forward to it.
I appreciate everyone who contributes here because I know once we became Wyndham owners I had a ton of questions about WBC.

Hope that helps!

I have obviously been stalking this thread for a little while now. First off, I greatly appreciate all of the information that everyone has provided!!! :goodvibes

Now onto questions and an explanation of what we are trying to do...
We are going to be taking the autotrain down to Florida in November. We will stay in the Disney area (on and/or off property) for 7 nights. Then we will autotrain home. I have read some of the articles about the implementation of the new FastPass system and it sounds like a huge PITA. I was chatting online with a cast member the other day and it sounds like if we stay on property for even one night, we will get Magic Bands. With the Magic Bands, we will be able to use My Disney Experience. She said that once we leave the resort, the Magic Bands will NOT be inactive. She said, "They will continue to work! Please bear in mind that you can only book 7 days of Fast Passes at a time." Since we are a family of 5, the cheapest room we can get on property (so we can get Magic Bands) would be at POR. We are thinking of doing one or two nights at POR and then the rest of our time at BC. So...

1 - Has anyone done this yet and, if so, what was your experience? I know there was one person who had a ghost room at a value for the same week as when they were at BC, but we would only be on property for a day or two (not the whole week). [As a sidenote to that person: THANK YOU! You were the one who gave me this idea.]

2 - How much is a 2 bedroom deluxe at BC in November for a week? Does anyone know what the difference might be between getting a room for 5, 6 or 7 nights? We will probably get a 2 bedroom deluxe. If there isn't a big difference, then maybe we will just do the full week and have that one night overlap. We might be having a friend visit anyway, and then she could stay in one of the places. I know I need to contact a bunch of the companies people have mentioned to actually price things out, but I wasn't sure if someone may know this offhand.

3 - If we stay on property and then move, we will get to BC on a Sunday or Monday. What is room availability like on those days? Will we get the bottom of the barrel in terms of room placement, since most people leave/arrive on Saturdays?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'll let you know in two weeks. We are staying at BC from Saturday to Friday, but I have a throwaway tent site for Sunday. We won't even be going to the tent site to check in.

I'll let you know in two weeks. We are staying at BC from Saturday to Friday, but I have a throwaway tent site for Sunday. We won't even be going to the tent site to check in.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought about a tent site! If we are paying for something though, I might want to actually stay there for the night. Either way, I will be very interested to hear how it goes!!

yes yes please check back in and let us know how that worked for you... We also are planning on doing a throw away night for end of May, if offsite doesn't get the ability to prebook.

we have just booked again for sept, we stayed here in nov last year and loved it so booked again for 10 nights, cant wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter