The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if I get quotes from different places, how can I be sure I'm not comparing apples to oranges ? Are all 1 br the same- regardless of which tower they are in? The bed situations say "varies" and we want to be sure we have 2 beds and not a sleeper sofa. Do we need to go to a 2 br for that? Thanks again!

Here now. Rooms and amenities are great, as usual. New shuttle sucks. Big time. The return and departure times are AWFUL. They force you into staying all day at MK or EPCOT because of bad return times, and they don't even pick up for AK or HS until 9:20 am. ***. Wish we had known. We are taking taxis everywhere because we didn't rent a car.

I am staying in March. Can you post a pic of the bus schedule?

just wanted to let everyone know that offsite **might** get to pre book sooner than later... on my MDE account we have several ADR's booked for end of May/beg of June there was a locked symbol on the FP+

I JUST NOW added our UCT tickets and it still locked, BUT now says I can begin making fp+ starting March 27th which is 60 days from our first ADR ( the ADR's must trigger something maybe?) won't know if really works or not until end of March, but hopeful this means offsite will get to prebook too! which also means we won't need that throwaway night now :) fingers crossed! :cool1:

Also, if I get quotes from different places, how can I be sure I'm not comparing apples to oranges ? Are all 1 br the same- regardless of which tower they are in? The bed situations say "varies" and we want to be sure we have 2 beds and not a sleeper sofa. Do we need to go to a 2 br for that? Thanks again!

All one Bedrooms have one bed and then the sleeper sofa in the living room. If you need 2 regular beds you will have to book a 2 bedroom. FYI...the price difference between a one bedroom and a two bedroom was less than $10 total for me. It was a no brainer. The sleeper sofa has been fine the past few years for my daughter BUT it will be nice this vacation for her to have her own bedroom.

Total newbie here, question about WBC.
I am booked in 3BR Presidential (tower 6) next week.
Rented it through ebay seller.

Do any of these rooms have fireworks view? If not, is there somewhere at the WBC where you can watch them?

oops...Ignore my post. I found out elsewhere that there are no 3br pres w/ a view of fireworks and that pres rooms cannot request view.

All one Bedrooms have one bed and then the sleeper sofa in the living room. If you need 2 regular beds you will have to book a 2 bedroom. FYI...the price difference between a one bedroom and a two bedroom was less than $10 total for me. It was a no brainer.

Thank you. Since we've never stayed here, or done any offsite condo rental, I am nervous and think we'll end up booking directly through Wyndom. I just need to find out which buildings are more central to pools with slides and dining now...

Total newbie here, question about WBC.
I am booked in 3BR Presidential (tower 6) next week.
Rented it through ebay seller.

Do any of these rooms have fireworks view? If not, is there somewhere at the WBC where you can watch them?

You will love it! In Tower 6 you can go to a room on the 17th (I believe) floor and watch the fireworks.

Ugh- well that doesn't look good :(
I went on the site directly, after seeing here that many people say the rates are comparable, but the dates I put in ( Oct) were MUCH higher. I hate not knowing what I'm doing :(

Ugh- well that doesn't look good :( I went on the site directly, after seeing here that many people say the rates are comparable, but the dates I put in ( Oct) were MUCH higher. I hate not knowing what I'm doing :(

We used Vacation Upgrades to reserve our 1 BR presidential. I also wanted to mention, with respect to one of your other inquiries, that I think there may be a difference with respect to the finishings. The presidentials are supposed to be finished a little nicer than the deluxes and I think they are also larger.

Do you or anyone else have any recommendations for good take out or "quick casual" restaurants within a short drive of WBC?
Thanks

Do you or anyone else have any recommendations for good take out or "quick casual" restaurants within a short drive of WBC?
Thanks

Kissimmee (10-12 minutes) I-192 offers everything you could ask for. Also remember Downtown Disney is 5 minutes away and offers 10-15 restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Many have quick service. The best value by far is Earl Of Sandwich. AAA 10% discount also. AOA (5-7 minutes) also has a great quick service menu.

Really thinking of switching to from POP to WBC. I can get a 2BR for the same price as a small room at POP. Couple of questions which I'm sure are on this thread somewhere but can't find.

1. Quoted price from VBRO states no taxes and fees included any one have an approx amt that would be added on. I did send an email to owner but just anxious to find out what the average add on cost is.

2. If you rent what extra fees are there: Parking, resort etc..

3. Are we really lossing any benifits by staying off site. Have Ap so parking is free and usually drive to park anyways even when staying on-site. Never charge to room.

4. FP+ anyone have difficulty or time consuming when doing at the park or nothing left if booking later in day.

Thanks for the help just trying to convince myself is ok staying off-site.

My wife and I are fortunate to do both on and off property 3-4 times a year. POP for a week would be tough for us and you will save money at WBC and enjoy the resort. We now stay 1 week or more there annually and love it. Renting a car is a must we feel. We love POP (Just returned but we will usually only do 3-4 days max and or couple free hotel nights my wife earns) We also love the Disney perks and as a annual pass holder it is more reasonable. WBC again is something that we don't want to miss either and remember it is surrounded by Disney so it's kind of still there especially with the fireworks. It is a nice, fun resort.

I am staying in March. Can you post a pic of the bus schedule?

ec8de95519733113de9fc885c54e826d.jpg

Thanks so much for posting this, we were under a very different impression of the bus schedule- glad we rented a car!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

WBC spring breakers, I wanted to let you know that you can reserve cabanas in advance. The rate is much cheaper than I expected! Yay!

We are traveling 3/28-4/4 and the cabana rate is $29/day for Fri-Sun and $19/day for Mon-Thurs. For this rate, we decided to reserve two side by side. So excited! We are so happy to have a place to get out of the sun without having to leave the pool and a place for my 8 month old nephew to nap in the stroller! The fridge is a huge bonus b/c we will not have to load ice into the cooler everyday. ;)

Thought I would spread the word for anyone who wants to reserve one. When you call WBC, just ask to talk to the Tower 6 Activities desk. That is who books the cabana rental ressies.

Spring won't come soon enough! Our city is only a few inches from breaking its record for all time snowiest winter. So ready for sun!

Ugh- well that doesn't look good :(
I went on the site directly, after seeing here that many people say the rates are comparable, but the dates I put in ( Oct) were MUCH higher. I hate not knowing what I'm doing :(

I ALWAYS rent through Ken at Vacation Upgrades. He's not the cheapest, but he's been around forever and I trust him completely. Do not rent through Wyndham!!!

www.vacationupgrades.com

Having seen the bus shuttle times Im really disappointed. There were a lot more trips last year when we booked, one of our reasons for choosing BC.
Can anyone tell me is the shuttle so restricted because its February and out of season or is this a permanent schedule now.
If we have to get taxis, where would be the nearest place to get dropped off and picked up parkwise. Im thinking if we get taxis to nearest park and then use Disney transportation from there.
We are not hiring a car.
Tia

A question about being "plugged in" at Bonnet Creek.

Is there WiFi and/or Ethernet in the rooms, and if wifi what type (B, G, N, or something else)?

Hubby is going to need to so some work while we are there, so he needs reliable service.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter