The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfan15

Earning My Ears
/COLOR] Welcome to the first post of part 3! The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews). Please know that this post is still being updated. It will take me a while to update this post and I apologize. Welcome to the Bonnet Creek FAQ page! Address: Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort 9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 What/Where is Bonnet Creek? Bonnet Creek Resort is a 70-acre area located in the southeast corner of Walt Disney World. It is not owned by Disney, but is bordered on three sides by Disney-owned land. The entrance is located just east of the entrance to Disneys Caribbean Beach resort. The concept was to set up a cluster of luxury hotels. There is currently a Wyndham timeshare resort: Wyndham Bonnet Creek (the focus of this thread), the Waldorf Astoria and Hilton Bonnet Creek complex, Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek, and an 18 hole golf course. To learn more about the property, DCTooTall has found this great website! http://www.yesterland.com/bonnet.html Resort Amenities: " 5 Outdoor Swimming Pools " 8 Outdoor Hot Tubs " 250-Foot Lazy River with Interactive Wading Pool " "Get Out and Play" Activities Program - Kids and Adults " 13 Cabanas " 3 Game Rooms " Billiard Table " 18-Hole Miniature Golf Course " Playground " Fitness Center " Disney Tickets Available at the Guest Service Desk " 3 Picnic/Barbecue Areas " La Cantina Grille " La Cocina Pizzeria & Bar " Escudos Bar & Grille " Treasure Bar " Coffee Shop " Guest Service Desk as On-Site Disney Planning Center " Discounted Tickets to Orlando Magic Games, Select Theme Parks, Attractions, Dinner Shows " Discounted Spa Packages, Golf, Dining, Rental Cars, Electric Scooter Rentals, Flowers and Gift Baskets " El Mercado Market Place Gift Shop & Convenience Store " Complimentary Internet Access in Recreation Room and Activities Lobby " Games, Contests, Craft Events " Board Games, Pool Toys, Sports Balls " Sand Volleyball Court " Audiovisual Equipment " Bellhop " Pizza Delivery On-site " 24 Hour Front Desk " Concierge " Business Center " ATM Machine " Meeting/Banquet Facilities " Copy Services/FAX Services " Dry Cleaning Available " Housekeeping is Available Upon Request (small charge may apply) " Shuttle To Walt Disney World ® Resort: Effective March 1, 2013 each guest at Wyndham Bonnet Creek utilizing the transportation shuttle to a Disney theme park or Downtown Disney will need a ticket to board the bus. Tickets will be sold at the resort for $5 per person per round trip for any Wyndham Bonnet Creek guest wanting to use this service. Children three years of age and under will be complimentary. How do I make a reservation at Bonnet Creek? Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort. You can rent units from Wyndham timeshare owners. People on this thread have had luck with rentals from ebay and through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com The best price is available when you book within 60 days of your trip. If you make a reservation through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, he will automatically check at the 60-day point if there is still availability and rebook you at the lower rate. You can also reserve online through Wyndham, but if you reserve through Wyndham, you will be paying much more than what you would pay renting from an owner. wyndhambonnetcreek.com or call: 800-610-9558 Is there a parking fee at the resort? Parking is free at Bonnet Creek but you will have to pay to park at the theme parks ($14). Is there a shuttle from the airport to the resort? No, a rental car is recommended. Can we walk to the Caribbean Beach Resort and use their transportation? No, although the resorts are next to each other, there is no safe walking path between them. Does Bonnet Creek provide transportation to the parks and Downtown Disney? Yes, there is a free shuttle. There is one bus for both MK and Epcot and another for DHS and Animal Kingdom. If you use the Search This Thread feature there are several shuttle schedules posted on this thread. Some people report good experience with the shuttles, but the majority recommend renting a car. Layout of the resort: The resort consists of 6 timeshare buildings/towers and a Wyndham Grand hotel. Puerta de Leon, the main building/clubhouse and Building 1 were built in 2004. Building 6 is the newest building completed in 2010. The only building still under construction is the hotel, which is located between buildings 3 and 6. The pool labeled Pirate Pool in front of Building 5 on the map is actually a fort themed pool with a lazy river. The pool in front of Building 6 has a pirate ship pool and slide. Buildings/Towers Building 1 (Torre de la Tierra) has 7 floors. Even numbered units face the lake. Building 2 (Torre del Vinto) has 9 floors. Even numbered units face the lake Building 3 (Torre del Mar) has 9 floors. Even numbered units face the lake. Building 4 (Torre del Cielo) has 15 floors. Odd numbered units face the lake. Building 5 (Torre de la Luna) has 15 floors. Odd numbered units face the lake. Building 6 (Torre del Sol) has 19 floors. Odd numbered units face the lake. . What types of rooms are available? The majority of units are 2 bedroom suites, there are fewer one bedroom, three bedroom and four bedroom suites. Tower 6 opened more than a year ago with presidential rooms of all types. 1 bedroom layout: 1-bedroom layout: Occupancy of 4 (including 2 on the pull out sofa) Master bedroom with king sized bed Living room has a full sized sleeper sofa 2 bedroom layout: 2-bedroom unit: Occupancy of 8 (including 2 on the pull out sofa) Master bedroom with king sized bed Second bedroom with two full sized (double) beds Living room has a full size sleeper sofa 3-bedroom layout: 3-bedroom layout: Occupancy of 10 (including 2 on the pull out sofa) Master bedroom with king sized bed Second bedroom with queen sized bed Third bedroom with two full (double) beds 4-bedroom presidential layout: 4-bedroom presidential suite layout: Occupancy of 12 2 king master bedrooms 2 bedrooms with two full (double) beds What is included with the units? A kitchen with full sized appliances, washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, TV and DVD in the living room, TVs in each bedroom (flat screens only in the newer buildings.) There is a port for free internet hook up located on the phone on the kitchen island. You can bring your own router and plug it into the jack for a wireless connection. The closet of the master bedroom contains a wall safe, which might fit a smaller laptop. The kitchens come fully stocked with dishes, flatware, knives, basic pots and pans, colander, hand mixer, blender, toaster, coffee maker (takes cone style filters), standard gadgets: corkscrew, can opener, cheese grater, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop. The units come stocked with a few days worth of coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The bathrooms have trial sized toiletries and a wall mount hair dryer. Refills of all supplies are available at the front desk for free. You can request stuff like room views and towers but it won't be guranteed. Is there daily maid service? No. You can request a cleaning during your stay for a fee, but it is not otherwise provided. You are expected to wash your own towels during your stay. (There are towels provided at the pool for swimming.) There will be instructions in the unit for check out day: you are asked to strip the beds, put all the linens in the bathroom and empty your trash into the hallway chute. Are the pools heated? Yes, except the kiddie pools near the main building have been reported as not being heated. Are there towels at the pool? Yes. Pick up and drop off at pool side. Is there Internet and what is the cost? Yes. There are hookups on the main telephone and it is free. YAY! It has also been reported that there's wireless Internet in the main lobby and its pool. Some of the closer buildings may be able to log in as well. Will you have to attend a timeshare tour? No. After you check in, you will be asked to visit another desk to pick up your parking pass. They will ask you some questions which you can choose to answer or not. You will be asked to sign up for a tour. I have declined each trip and never been asked again. How can I buy into Bonnet Creek/Wyndham properties? Check out the tug groups at www.tug2.com. Also, there has been some chatter on this thread about points and fees. Read throughout or check out the random posts on pages 13-16. shuttle info compiled by SparKeLLy Does Bonnet Creek provide transportation to Disney Parks and Downtown Disney? Yes, there is a free shuttle. There is one bus for both MK and Epcot and another for DHS and Animal Kingdom. Some people report good experience with the shuttles, but the majority recommend renting a car. CLICK HERE to view Shuttle Schedule to Disney Parks (September 2010) The schedule may change, use this as a guide, but be sure to look at the current schedule when you get to the resort. You will be given a schedule at check-in. They generally do not change too much - I have a schedule from 2008 and it's very similar to 2010, mostly due to adding the additional pickup at Tower 6. *Shuttle is $5 per person per roundtrip, chrildren under 3 are complimentary *Shuttles depart from the Clubhouse (main lobby) and Tower 6. *Scheduled Times are Departure Times. *Arrive Early. At least 10 min. is suggested. If the bus is full, you may have to stand. *Riders with disabilities and wheel chairs call 2 hours prior to boarding. (407.390.0000) *Magic Kingdom gets dropped off first, then Epcot. *Shuttles are operated by Maingate Transportation. *Bonnet Creek Shuttles to Disney Parks are not shared with any other resort. *There are no shuttles to Disney Water Parks. Can I make it to rope drop using the shuttle? Yes, we made rope drop and the opening shows at every park with time to spare. Are strollers allowed? Yes. There were strollers (big & small) on nearly all of our shuttles. Where does the bus pick up from at the parks? There is a separate lot for tour bus parking and Disney has signs to direct you. Each parking space has a number. The bus schedule tells you what number parking space the Bonnet Creek shuttle will pick up from at each park. Do Shuttles go to the Magic Kingdom during the Halloween or Christmas Parties? Yes. However if you want to stay to the end of the party (midnight) you will need to get a taxi back to the resort. The last shuttle from the Magic Kingdom is at 11:40pm. Does Bonnet Creek provide transportation to other attractions? Yes, but it is NOT free and you must make reservations. CLICK HERE to view Other Attraction Shuttle Service Information (September 2010) Where can you find a grocery store/Walmart? Vineland Rd Walmart. Exiting Bonnet Creek make a right on Buena Vista Dr. Make your 1st right on Epcot Center drive (towards I-4). Cross over I-4 and make a right onto 535 (Vineland Rd). Walmart will be a couple miles down the road on your right. Turkey Lake Walmart. There are 2 ways to get here: Option 1. Exiting Bonnet Creek make a right onto Buena Vista Dr. Take I-4 "East" Towards Orlando. Exit off Sand Lake Rd. 74A. Turn left under I-4. At the first light, make a left (Turkey Lake Rd). Walmart will be on your right. Option 2. Turn right on Buena Vista Drive towards Downtown Disney. Turn right onto Hotel Plaza Blvd. Turn Left at the Crossroads shopping center light. (Vineland rd). At the first light, make a right. (Palm Parkway). Follow this road all the way down. It changes names to Turkey Lake Rd. Walmart will be on your left. And here is the link to the 1'st page of the original thread.Thank you and enjoy posting more about it!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114303 Part 2: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739937 How to avoid timeshare people: When you check in and go to the timeshare desk they will ask you some questions. Just tell them that your spouse isn't with you. How to get wifi at the resort: After you check-in you will recieve a small booklet. In there will provide you with the wifi password. Activities: There are activities going on everyday at the resort. There should be an activity schedule posted in each building. Also there are kid activities at the Grand's pool at around 12 pm.They get a special treat after the activity at the Grand hotel. Shops/Restaurants/Bars on the resort: Starbucks coffee brewers in the main building Deep Blu seafood restaurant in the Grand hotel Bar at the Grand pool Gift shop in the main building and more! Requesting: You can request a lot of things at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can request tower, view, floor(low, middle, high), etc. I highly recommend requesting but it may not be honored. View requests: Most people don't like being on the first floor because you can see them from outside. So you won't have a lot of privacy unless you keep your curtains closed all the time. Tower requests: As far as I know towers 1,2, and 3 have been renovated. Towers 4 and 5 have been having the ripped sofa problem. I think someone said in this thread that the couches were new in their stay but I don't know if it is the same type. All the towers have wifi in the resort. Later on I will post pros and cons about each tower. To be continued... Don't forget to check out my new thread! Here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47059792#post47059792 Sorry that I am not keeping this first post updated. I only added a few things today but I hope later on in the month I will have information on other people's post to have here for an easy and quick reference.

Which towers have been recently refurbished and what do you recommend?

I have in my experience only stayed in Towers 4 & 3 before. They both were excellent but I liked tower 3 better because it was refurbished as towers 4,5, & 6 have not been refurbished yet. Tower 4 had the ripped sofa problem which I hope is fixed by now. So all towers are excellent and check out the posts in this thread to get more detailed into this kind of stuff. Thanks!

From Tower 6
Rm 1521
2BR Presidential

I am not a big picture taker, so this is all I have from the resort. Better than nothing!;)

Our room was on the far left side. You will see the end of building in the pic of the Hilton Bonnet Creek. We were able to see Illuminations every night over the top of the buildings to our right. If standing on the balcony they would be in the 2 o' clock position. Best way I can describe it as I have no pics of them that I can find. I know we took a ton more pics. I will try and find them.

DSCF1332.jpg

From Balcony

DSCF1333.jpg

Pirate Pool Below

DSCF1342.jpg

Balcony

DSCF1346.jpg

Kitchen

DSCF1348.jpg

Living Room

DSCF1350.jpg

Living Room Alternate View

DSCF1351.jpg

Guest Bath

DSCF1337.jpg

Swan & Dolphin

DSCF1340.jpg

Tower of Terror

DSCF1344.jpg

Our neighbor the Hilton

Hello,

Thank you Branabb for your wonderful pictures! Hopefully people will start adding more pictures.

Happy Summer!:cool1:

Hello,

Thank you Branabb for your wonderful pictures! Hopefully people will start adding more pictures.

Happy Summer!:cool1:

FYI... there is a Wyndham Bonnet Creek Photo Thread.

Disfan thanks for starting a new thread!! I will take pictures while I am there and hopefully figure out how to post them here when I return! I am so thankful for these boards as i have gathered so much helpful information from them.

I requested a 2 BR deluxe and just got confirmation for a 3 BR Pres. from VS YAHOO:cool1:

Are these in all the towers? Which have the best view of the fireworks?

This will be my first stay at BC

Thanks !!

Can someone tell me exactly which resorts make up Bonnet Creek? I thought that Bonnet Creek was it's own resort, but now I see that it consist of a Wyndham resort, a Hilton resort and not sure what else.

I requested a 2 BR deluxe and just got confirmation for a 3 BR Pres. from VS YAHOO:cool1:

Are these in all the towers? Which have the best view of the fireworks?

This will be my first stay at BC

Thanks !!

All 3bdrm Presidentials are located in Tower 6. As for Fireworks Views, I honestly don't know how well a view you'll be able to have from your room. Tower 6's location around the lake limit the number of firework view rooms to only a small number of rooms within the building. I believe however there is a lounge available for Presidential suite guests that is supposed to have decent views. It would never hurt to ask about it when you get there.

Can someone tell me exactly which resorts make up Bonnet Creek? I thought that Bonnet Creek was it's own resort, but now I see that it consist of a Wyndham resort, a Hilton resort and not sure what else.

The "I Looooovve" threads are usually refering directly to the Wyndham Bonnett Creek Timeshare resort, which was the first constructed in the Bonnet Creek Resort area.

Current within the Resort area you have the Wyndham Timeshare, and the "Wyndham Grande Orlando at Bonnet Creek" hotel which is located on the same property as the Timeshare resort.

Across the street you then have the Waldorf Astoria and Hilton Bonnet Creek which are connected and share a conference center.

There is another empty plot at the very back of the Bonnet Creek Resort area which has been used as a construction staging area. So far I haven't heard anything about what is going to end up being constructed back there.

snowangel72 said:
Does anyone know if they offer pack and plays or cribs for babies?

Yes, you can request a pack and play at checkin. They send them up pretty quick normally. You can also request a high chair if you need one. They are like restaurant high chairs. Scoots up to the table.

You can see the pack and play a bit in one of my living room pics on the first page if you care about the type. They are just the basic ones. No changing station or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter