The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked with Ken Price from Vacation Upgrades. I would definitely check with him as I think he has the ability to book further in advance then Vacation Strategy. When I booked with Ken, Vacation Strategy didn't have dates or prices available yet until their booking window opened up

Hello there. Been a member of this site for a bit but completely forgot about it for a while. We are visiting Bonnet Creek in April and got a good price thru 5 Star Resort Vacations. Does anyone have any experience with this timeshare rental agency? I searched everything I can and haven't found anything terrible but forums like this are always a great wealth of information. I do know that I am not required to sit through any type of timeshare presentation. I have that in writing, thankfully. Thanks in advance.

I booked our first stay at Bonnet Creek through them. I had no issues whatsoever.

I booked our first stay at Bonnet Creek through them. I had no issues whatsoever.

Thank you so much. We have booked several vacations through other timeshare rental companies and thankfully, I have not had a bad experience. People keep talking about Vaca Strat and another agency however, a checked them both and they were considerably higher. I know people who have used 5-star resorts for other locations, but not Bonnet Creek. Thanks again for your response.

We arrive in 2 days at WBC. This is my first time there. I have been to other Wyndham timeshare resorts and have to deal with the Ever-So-Pleasant Timeshare Sales Managers.

My question is how much of a push are they when checking in? When they can mathematically prove to me it is better to purchase a timeshare for more than what it cost me to rent from an owner, they may get my attention. When I show them my contract for the rental, they usually scurry away quickly because they have nothing they can push. My reservation was 120,000 points at ~$0.005 per point in maintenance fees for a total of $600. I paid $500 for it. I work with people that buy Wyndham timeshares as a business where fees are much lower. The family I go through has about 50,000,000 Wyndham points and all they do as a business is rent vacations. They made money off my $500 and I got a great 2BR Deluxe for 7-nights starting this Sunday.

We arrive in 2 days at WBC. This is my first time there. I have been to other Wyndham timeshare resorts and have to deal with the Ever-So-Pleasant Timeshare Sales Managers.

My question is how much of a push are they when checking in? When they can mathematically prove to me it is better to purchase a timeshare for more than what it cost me to rent from an owner, they may get my attention. When I show them my contract for the rental, they usually scurry away quickly because they have nothing they can push. My reservation was 120,000 points at ~$0.005 per point in maintenance fees for a total of $600. I paid $500 for it. I work with people that buy Wyndham timeshares as a business where fees are much lower. The family I go through has about 50,000,000 Wyndham points and all they do as a business is rent vacations. They made money off my $500 and I got a great 2BR Deluxe for 7-nights starting this Sunday.

I have a measly 49,000 points, bought resale for $100. My goal was to be able to stay for 5 nights ina 1 BR, Sunday-Thursday (points for Friday and Saturday are higher) (9,000 points X 5=45,000). My maintenance fee is around $400 per year. So therefore, YOU are doing MUCH better than I am!
That being said, as an owner, they do push me plenty to go to the "seminar" as they now call it. But from reading this thread, I can tell you the reports are that they do try to push you to attend, as a renter.
Strategies suggested on this thread: 1. be firm, or 2. have spouse stay in car and say spouse in not with you, or 3. fill out form and put down lowest income.

We skipped the parking pass desk (on the advice of other DISers) so we weren't bothered when checking in. Our phone did ring a few times while we were there but we didn't answer it.

Thank you. So it is just the normal push that I end by showing them my booking and cost to me. No way they can justify paying more for getting less. They did this at a Wyndham we stayed at in Williamsburg this Summer. I showed them I paid $409 for a 1BR for a week. I asked them to show me the maintenance fees on the points. It was $200 more than what I paid. It started a pretty big issue because they lady next to me was just suckered into buying 150,000 points only to find out it cost me less to stay there than they pay. Works all the time.

Thank you. So it is just the normal push that I end by showing them my booking and cost to me. No way they can justify paying more for getting less. They did this at a Wyndham we stayed at in Williamsburg this Summer. I showed them I paid $409 for a 1BR for a week. I asked them to show me the maintenance fees on the points. It was $200 more than what I paid. It started a pretty big issue because they lady next to me was just suckered into buying 150,000 points only to find out it cost me less to stay there than they pay. Works all the time.

She pays more, figuring ONLY the maintenance fees. She probably does not figure in her amortization of the $18,000 she paid for the timeshare.
I was speaking to an elderly couple I know. They had just come back from a 2 week trip they traded for to RCI. The wife told me the trip cost them $400; the 2 "search" fees for RCI. I asked her what about the maintenance fee she pays yearly? She said, "Oh, we don't figure it that way. We went for 2 weeks, our maintenance fee for 2 weeks is $40." I said, "But you don't go on another 25 vacations in the year, this was your only trip." Her response? "I see what you mean, but we don't figure it that way"!!!!

If anyone is considering buying I highly recommend reading TUG bbs. They have a lot of very knowledgeable people over there that will really help you buys resale. Of course, this group has already provided a lot of good advice as well.

We bought on Ebay this summer, 50000 points for $300 in closing costs. I have already booked 2 SSR trips. Once you have a one bedroom it is hard to go back to staying in a cramped hotel room!

I have stayed at WBC many times. You do not need the parking pass. Your room key gets you onto the property. Just skip the parking pass desk. Avoid the conflict- once you have your room keys just leave & go to your condo.

Checking out today. Few things I've noticed. Are you rude, a jerk or just think you're better than everyone else if you: take the luggage cart up to your room and just leave it out in the hall instead of taking the time (the elevators are VERY fast) to return it so others have it to use; if you use more than one inner tube in the lazy river (read the rules signs at the pool); take drinks to the pool (in the pool and along side of the Spa.... again, read the rules signs!). If you're guilty of any of these, please let all of us who do try to be considerate of others what you are; rude, a jerk or think you're better than us.

We are owners of BC, bought on Ebay several years ago and have been yearly users. This stay we were in Tower 5 (yes it's open, opened last week). They offered us $150 for a 1 hour (yea right) "owner update", we refused, just told them we had reservations each day and that was it.

For those that wonder, a taxi to MK from BC was $24 (plus tip) ONE way.

Please be thoughtful of others, not only here, on vacation anywhere but in all you do. You may think you're special... your not.

Wow. I think your vacation stays would be a lot better if you focused on yourself and not so much on others. As for the offenses...perhaps you are the one who thinks they are better than others?
FYI...it doesn't matter how fast the elevators are, if I have just gotten home with a full cart load of groceries and 5 kids ages 1, 3, 5, 9 and 11(2 of which are sleeping), I won't be taking that fast elevator ride back down to drop off my cart immediately. Stop judging people. You don't know their situation. I cannot imagine spending my vacation time sitting at the side of the pool taking account of other people's offenses instead of just enjoying myself with my family. Goodness, such an ugly attitude. :snooty:

After driving 6 hours on Saturday, we made it to WBC yesterday at about 9:30AM. Gorgeous resort. We have not had much time visiting. We will explore more throughout the week. Check-in process was smooth. I was asked to "attend" the timeshare thing. I nicely asked the lady and the gentlemen what the maintenance fees were for 120,000 points. They gave me a rough number, I told them what I paid, and they handed me the parking pass. I wasn't there for more than 2 minutes.

Only one minor issue at checkin. We asked if a room was available. They had several and we asked for something with a good view. They gave us our room, off we went, opened the door, and people were in the room still. They jumped a bit, we were uncomfortable. They were nice about it as were we. We called the front desk, they rushed someone over to the same building with keys to another room. We are in Building 4 Room 674. I was putting my daughter down to bed around 9PM and jumped out of my bed. The fireworks from somewhere (I assume Epcot) were going off. I can see them right out of our window. Gorgeous to see. I do have to say I almost made a mess because it was silent and then it sounded like bombs going off.

Driving to the parks is SO MUCH FASTER than the buses. We went to Holywood Studios. It is about a 10 minute drive. We were at the parking lot, on the tram, and at the ticket booth. In my bus experience, I would have still been waiting for a bus to show up.

Off to Epcot today.

I've read many pages of this thread and used the search box also but still have a couple questions. I know I can't request a room until check in but I have no clue what tower or room to request. I'd like a good view preferably firework view and definitely no above the garbage area I've read about. We booked a 2 bedroom Deluxe if that helps and I would prefer a tower that has recently been renovated. If anyone could make suggestions that would be very helpful, or tell me which towers to avoid.
My other question is about the parking pass desk. I've seen where people are skipping it but don't you have to get a pass? I know that's where they are pushing you to buy which we definitely won't be doing.
Thanks for all your help in advance. You guys are great!

My other question is about the parking pass desk. I've seen where people are skipping it but don't you have to get a pass? I know that's where they are pushing you to buy which we definitely won't be doing.
Reports are that a parking pass is not necessary. I parked without one.

I've read many pages of this thread and used the search box also but still have a couple questions. I know I can't request a room until check in but I have no clue what tower or room to request. I'd like a good view preferably firework view and definitely no above the garbage area I've read about. We booked a 2 bedroom Deluxe if that helps and I would prefer a tower that has recently been renovated. If anyone could make suggestions that would be very helpful, or tell me which towers to avoid.

If I understand it correctly, they are no longer accepting requests, even at check in. We've stayed three times; 2 great views and one of the parking lot! Oh well, someone has to stay in those rooms!

Just returned from 16 nights in a 3 bedroom presidential.

Simply gorgeous. A step up from Animal Kingdom + 3 times the size.

Unplugged phone after first sales call. Never stopped at timeshare desk. Was given parking garage key at front desk during check in

All employees and guests were polite and friendly.

Cannot say enough good things about renting through Vacation Upgrades.

Bypass worked on a/c.

Grocery delivery from wegoshop was perfect.

Are the pools heated enough to swim in March? I've read that they're heated, but not really warm? Any experiences?

There are a bunch of Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve events. I did not pay too much attention to the sheet because we were leaving today. They do have the normal things along with XMas and New Year's activities.

As for the "Parking Desk", I now know what this is. This is actually the Timeshare sales desk where you get a parking pass for the mirror of the car. There is no hard sell there if you stop by like I did. You do not even need to go to it like others have stated. My advice is to skip it. It is the desk behind you at the Checkin counter. They made me one offer, I refused, and all was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter