The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen the bus shuttle times Im really disappointed. There were a lot more trips last year when we booked, one of our reasons for choosing BC.
Can anyone tell me is the shuttle so restricted because its February and out of season or is this a permanent schedule now.
If we have to get taxis, where would be the nearest place to get dropped off and picked up parkwise. Im thinking if we get taxis to nearest park and then use Disney transportation from there.
We are not hiring a car.
Tia

We took taxis all week.

It's about $20/each way to MK.

About $9 to Epcot and DHS.

About $24 to DAK.

Downtown Disney is the closest, but it's still like $8. Might as well get dropped off at a park.

Universal was $35/each way.

$50 to and from airport.

At least it's more convenient than the shuttle, and still probably cheaper than renting a car and paying for parking every day.

A question about being "plugged in" at Bonnet Creek.

Is there WiFi and/or Ethernet in the rooms, and if wifi what type (B, G, N, or something else)?

Hubby is going to need to so some work while we are there, so he needs reliable service.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Free wi-fi. Reliable. It's fast enough to do just about anything.

yes yes please check back in and let us know how that worked for you... We also are planning on doing a throw away night for end of May, if offsite doesn't get the ability to prebook.

Thanks! :)

Worked awesome. Didn't even go to the campsite. Did the online check in stuff, booked FPs a couple of weeks out, and they worked all week. Never went to the campsite and never checked out. They just assumed I went.

We took taxis all week.

About $24 to DAK.

Downtown Disney is the closest, but it's still like $8. Might as well get dropped off at a park.

$50 to and from airport.

At least it's more convenient than the shuttle, and still probably cheaper than renting a car and paying for parking every day.

Thank you so much, thats really helpful. Can I ask what DAK is though?:blush:

Thank you so much, thats really helpful. Can I ask what DAK is though?:blush:

Np. Also, only use Mears taxis. The others don't run the meter and charge you a lot because they all have to pay for parking. Mears is he only one contracted to work at Disney. They have a smart phone app that will let you reserve and track a taxi.

Each price I quoted above is one-way.

Thanks for posting. Wow, they really cut back on bus times. When I originally booked they told me it ran every half hour. I hope in March during spring break they add more times.

Worked awesome. Didn't even go to the campsite. Did the online check in stuff, booked FPs a couple of weeks out, and they worked all week. Never went to the campsite and never checked out. They just assumed I went.

Thanks so much for sharing! still waiting it out, my MDE after I linked our tickets, now says I can prebook starting end of March. I know people are saying it is a glitch, but I am staying positive ;) still might end up doing the throwaway b/c I really want to eat at BOG for lunch, and my kids want the bracelets!

quick question, b/c I have seen others say for parking, they just wave you threw if they see a Magic Band? (not debating right or wrong) just asking ;) TIA

Thanks so much for sharing! still waiting it out, my MDE after I linked our tickets, now says I can prebook starting end of March. I know people are saying it is a glitch, but I am staying positive ;) still might end up doing the throwaway b/c I really want to eat at BOG for lunch, and my kids want the bracelets! quick question, b/c I have seen others say for parking, they just wave you threw if they see a Magic Band? (not debating right or wrong) just asking ;) TIA[/

Wondering if I book a campsite for one night if it will open up for fast pass plus for my entire party. I have 7 going with us and have them all on MDE

as long as everyone is linked... then yes it is suppose to work that way.. (at least that is the word right now)

Thanks so much for sharing! still waiting it out, my MDE after I linked our tickets, now says I can prebook starting end of March. I know people are saying it is a glitch, but I am staying positive ;) still might end up doing the throwaway b/c I really want to eat at BOG for lunch, and my kids want the bracelets! quick question, b/c I have seen others say for parking, they just wave you threw if they see a Magic Band? (not debating right or wrong) just asking ;) TIA[/

Wondering if I book a campsite for one night if it will open up for fast pass plus for my entire party. I have 7 going with us and have them all on MDE

It will. That is what I did.

Having seen the bus shuttle times Im really disappointed. There were a lot more trips last year when we booked, one of our reasons for choosing BC.
Can anyone tell me is the shuttle so restricted because its February and out of season or is this a permanent schedule now.
If we have to get taxis, where would be the nearest place to get dropped off and picked up parkwise. Im thinking if we get taxis to nearest park and then use Disney transportation from there.
We are not hiring a car.
Tia

I have to say that the shuttle does not seem to be impressive at all for the cost. I have to add though I have received good car rental rates via Rentalcars.com from MCO. We book out as we figure our dates and switch up to the day we leave when rates improve. There is not an upfront cost or cancelation fee and we have never paid over $30.00 a day for midsize class. We shop and always try to find anyone better and usually get something for $20.00-30.00 a day. As Silock mentioned, even taxi's are less than the shuttle. Even with $15 a day for Disney parking you can come and go to the parks as you please with a rental. DTD is free and all the resorts are free plus everything else is within 10-15 minutes from WBC. You just have to find the deal.

Did you never even check in at Fort Wilderness, only online?

Only online. We never even went to Ft. Wilderness.

Thanks for the update on the ghost reservation!!!!

So your Ft. Wilderness reservation was for only for one night, right? I was contemplating doing only 1 night, but don't know if it would really work to get FP+ for the whole week. I'm glad it will work.

Thanks for the update on the ghost reservation!!!!

So your Ft. Wilderness reservation was for only for one night, right? I was contemplating doing only 1 night, but don't know if it would really work to get FP+ for the whole week. I'm glad it will work.

Yup. Our "check in" time was Sunday afternoon, but our MBs worked just fine for entry at RD on Sunday. Did the online check in about 4 days before we left for WDW. FPs worked all week, and I didn't even have to "check out."

I have seen this thread here for ages, just hadn't ever looked too closely. However, now we're needing a new place to stay for our next trip, October 2014, and are thinking Bonnet Creek might be a good fit.
I do have a couple of questions, I did a search of the thread but couldn't find an answer, so forgive me if it's there somewhere!

Is there a cancellation policy? We've shied away from non-traditional hotels because we need a decent cancellation policy (though for the price, I imagine trip insurance would still save us money). Our last trip, Christmas 2012, had to be delayed by a couple of days due to my daughter's illness (the trip before that was spent in the hospital in Orlando).

Also, I see that there are rooms with fireworks views..Which fireworks,and can you request these rooms? We stayed at the Contemporary once (on my daughter's wish trip) and having firework views was awesome, especially since she usually needs to go to bed early, seeing them from the room would be great.

Thank you for any help!!

Is there a cancellation policy?

Also, I see that there are rooms with fireworks views..Which fireworks,and can you request these rooms?

Newb here and have yet to stay but have read a lot on this and this is what I have heard on the subject.

Cancellation policy is yes and no as it depends on who/how you book. If you book 3rd party they may or may not have a policy. I know in all my quotes I have seen some who have a policy and others do not.

Most people who do Bonnet Creek rent 3rd party ie owners or a company who buys points from owners as its cheaper for them. As such you cannot request a view prior to check in.

We took taxis all week.

About $24 to DAK.

$50 to and from airport.

Definitely not cheaper, IMO. Last October/Nov we rented a car for one week. We got a midsize Toyota Corrola for a week (Sat to Sat) from Thrifty (through Hotwire) for $137.48. All taxes and fees included. One half a tank of gas cost about $30 (I think). We drove all over the place - to all the different resorts, to Target, and to the parks. Parking was $15 per day, but we only did 4 park days. The other days we went to the Water parks or hung out at WBC and one day we spent resort hopping (free parking). So that was another $60. So the total was $227. For the whole week, including our trips back and forth to the airport, and freedom galore.

And do your estimates above also include a tip?

Definitely not cheaper, IMO. Last October/Nov we rented a car for one week. We got a midsize Toyota Corrola for a week (Sat to Sat) from Thrifty (through Hotwire) for $137.48. All taxes and fees included. One half a tank of gas cost about $30 (I think). We drove all over the place - to all the different resorts, to Target, and to the parks. Parking was $15 per day, but we only did 4 park days. The other days we went to the Water parks or hung out at WBC and one day we spent resort hopping (free parking). So that was another $60. So the total was $227. For the whole week, including our trips back and forth to the airport, and freedom galore.

And do your estimates above also include a tip?

I agree a rental car would be better way to go. I've never paid more than about $15/day for a mid size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter