The walking dead amc #2

So we just let Judith run around with a gun bigger than she is and a sword? That seems like a good idea. And she just picks up strays and has talks with uncle Negan. Sigh....

Carol needs her own spinoff. So have the old Neganites been wandering around for the last 6ish years just waiting to steal a wedding ring?
YES. I forgot to put these 2 things in my list. Also, how is Alexandria back as good as new after it burned to the ground? I mean, they have had time to build it up but it wouldn't look like that (exactly like pre-ZA houses), would be basic cabins, no?

YES. I forgot to put these 2 things in my list. Also, how is Alexandria back as good as new after it burned to the ground? I mean, they have had time to build it up but it wouldn't look like that (exactly like pre-ZA houses), would be basic cabins, no?

I don't think all the houses were burned down. Looks like there is that one block left, you could also see cabin type structures there too.

I still don't see how that kid could be Rick's when he looks like he is 2/3 years old. They said on TD it was a 6 year time jump, so even if you knock 9 months off for the pregnancy, he should be 5. Although they don't seem to age the kids well anyway, look at Judith she was like 5 years old last season when she should have been probably about 2/3.

That's the official character's name....doesn't necessarily mean he's a real boy! Confirming that it's rick and Michonne's baby just makes me suspect even more that it's a hallucination. How could it be Rick's if he's been gone 6 years and that kiddo is only 2 at the most?

Poor casting? I'm hoping you are right. It makes for a lot better story.

That's the official character's name....doesn't necessarily mean he's a real boy! Confirming that it's rick and Michonne's baby just makes me suspect even more that it's a hallucination. How could it be Rick's if he's been gone 6 years and that kiddo is only 2 at the most?
I actually thought he looked older than 2. I thought it was a hallucination too except that new girl decided not to break into the house after seeing her with him. She was just about to until the little boy ran up to her.

I actually thought he looked older than 2. I thought it was a hallucination too except that new girl decided not to break into the house after seeing her with him. She was just about to until the little boy ran up to her.

Here's the thing though....we don't 100% KNOW that she saw a kid with Michonne, or why she changed her mind. That's just the perspective we were shown.

How many people didn't figure out the twist until the very end of Fight club, or Sixth Sense, because we were made to believe the rest of the world saw what we were shown on the screen? It's a really fun storytelling mechanic....and given Rick's descent into temporary madness it would make for a good storyline if Michonne fell down the same rabbit hole.

Here's the thing though....we don't 100% KNOW that she saw a kid with Michonne, or why she changed her mind. That's just the perspective we were shown.

How many people didn't figure out the twist until the very end of Fight club, or Sixth Sense, because we were made to believe the rest of the world saw what we were shown on the screen? It's a really fun storytelling mechanic....and given Rick's descent into temporary madness it would make for a good storyline if Michonne fell down the same rabbit hole.

True, that woman could have seen Michonne hugging air and felt bad for her, perhaps she lost a child so she could understand Michonne's loss of reality.

I think Michonne's baby is a hallucination. It fits with Judith hearing Michonne arguing with herself in her room. Is he going to get a phone call?
Lol! I hope not! Although I could see Gimple thinking a phone call is a great idea... worked before, right? We don't go for originality anymore.

So we just let Judith run around with a gun bigger than she is and a sword? That seems like a good idea. And she just picks up strays and has talks with uncle Negan. Sigh....
Right... and we though Lori's parenting choices were questionable.

Eugene without a mullet is unacceptable. Nope. I don't care how epic his rat tale is. He needs his mullet like the King needs his dreds.
That rat tail was pretty epic though!

Carol needs her own spinoff. .......

Did you see this I posted last week:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...hise-deals-danai-gurira-eyes-new-pact-1158025

"Fan favorites Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Melissa McBride (Carol) — who both started with the zombie drama in season one — have signed rich new deals with the cable network. Sources say the pacts will cover three years of the franchise as a whole, meaning if their characters are written off of the flagship and relocated to another property in the Walking Dead franchise — or depart completely — they would continue to get paid."
"The new pacts are described as groundbreaking in that they stretch beyond traditional series/overall deals and allow both Reedus and McBride — who started as recurring in season one and have been regulars since season two when they made $8,500 per episode — to move freely among new projects in The Walking Dead universe. That expansion, which is being overseen by chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, started Sunday when AMC spun-off leading man Andrew Lincoln — whose Rick Grimes has been the focus of both the comic book source material and the series itself — to a trio of big-budget, feature-length movies to air on AMC. The pacts for Reedus and McBride allow both to move freely among the franchise as Gimple charts a course that includes revisiting characters who have come and gone with anything from new series, digital offshoots and miniseries, among others."

""The deals that we made for Norman and Melissa are franchise deals. Our deals with Norman and Melissa allow us the flexibility to either move them or use them in more than one place, depending on what seems creatively right to Scott and to his partners," AMC programming president David Madden tells The Hollywood Reporter. "

I am curious to see what they do with Daryl and Carol. Gimple has visions of a whole TWD universe!

Did you see this I posted last week:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...hise-deals-danai-gurira-eyes-new-pact-1158025

"Fan favorites Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Melissa McBride (Carol) — who both started with the zombie drama in season one — have signed rich new deals with the cable network. Sources say the pacts will cover three years of the franchise as a whole, meaning if their characters are written off of the flagship and relocated to another property in the Walking Dead franchise — or depart completely — they would continue to get paid."
"The new pacts are described as groundbreaking in that they stretch beyond traditional series/overall deals and allow both Reedus and McBride — who started as recurring in season one and have been regulars since season two when they made $8,500 per episode — to move freely among new projects in The Walking Dead universe. That expansion, which is being overseen by chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, started Sunday when AMC spun-off leading man Andrew Lincoln — whose Rick Grimes has been the focus of both the comic book source material and the series itself — to a trio of big-budget, feature-length movies to air on AMC. The pacts for Reedus and McBride allow both to move freely among the franchise as Gimple charts a course that includes revisiting characters who have come and gone with anything from new series, digital offshoots and miniseries, among others."

""The deals that we made for Norman and Melissa are franchise deals. Our deals with Norman and Melissa allow us the flexibility to either move them or use them in more than one place, depending on what seems creatively right to Scott and to his partners," AMC programming president David Madden tells The Hollywood Reporter. "

I am curious to see what they do with Daryl and Carol. Gimple has visions of a whole TWD universe!

Oh wow I must have missed this!!

I didn't realize Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) directed this episode! That's cool!

There's more out about RJ Grimes. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-rick-michonnes-child-explained-1160296
"Showrunner Angela Kang speaks with The Hollywood Reporter about the newest addition to the cast, and why it's both "a fun process" and also a "tragedy."

I looked at some stills from the episode and the little boy seems taller than a 3 year old, which is what I initially though he might be. He can definitely pass for 4 or 5.

I thought the child looked like he was about 4. Did anyone catch the really strange voice and sounds from the child? LOL! he ran to Michonne and they dubbed in this really strange voice that sounded like an adult trying to sound like a child but it kind of came out like a zombie? He said, "I'm hungry now HHEE HHAA!" It was so odd i rewound and listened a bunch of times, laughing harder each time thinking about a zombie baby.

I also wondered if he was real. Nobody really saw him, except maybe Magna. Curious about the X.

Loved that we now have Whisperer's. I have not read the comics, but have heard about them.

Loved Carol showing the (hopefully) last of the Saviors who they were messing with. I did find it odd he wanted her ring so badly though, I mean in that world it has no value. The only things worth anything is food, medicine and weapons.

Loved Carol showing the (hopefully) last of the Saviors who they were messing with. I did find it odd he wanted her ring so badly though, I mean in that world it has no value. The only things worth anything is food, medicine and weapons.

I think he took it to be a you know what.

In an interview that ran on TD, Danai talks about the story choice to have a Rick/Michonne baby. No indication at all that this is anything other than real (not a hallucination).

I saw a still shot of RJ in Michonne's arms and he did look older than 2-3, maybe 4-5ish. But he's supposed to be over 5 and he sounded like a 2-3 year old. They probably intentionally did that to get us all talking and wondering if Michonne was seeing a ghost. I wish show would stop with the tricks and just show us what's going on. That's a Gimple thing and it's played out.

I was pretty certain that I'd have no interest in the show after Lincoln left. But I will say that Kang actually came up with at least some stuff that has be intrigued.
  • The time jump allows Kang a cleaner slate -- some distance from Gimple's horrific story decisions.
  • In lieu of Carl (don't get me started on the asinine Gimple decision to kill him), we have Judith. OK... maybe that won't entirely stink. We'll see.
  • Kang didn't break Carol again -- she's the Carol I love.
  • Whisperers are finally coming. Cool. I haven't read this part of the comics but have heard it's good stuff. Hopefully the show doesn't mess it up.
And now for the things that annoyed me... ;)
  • Apparently the only way to show a time jump is for EVERYONE to change hairstyles. For the worse. What the heck is with Carol's hair?!?!?
  • Who in the world is this Michonne character? Are we up to Michonne 6.0? I've lost track, but this one is OFF.
  • Eugene... wimp --> badass --> wimp... ok... whatever.
  • Rosita and Gabriel -- really?!?!? Audience is clamoring for this as much as they were for Ann/Gabriel. What the heck is the point here?
  • Is it just me, or did several of the characters look like they belonged in another series? Something with hobbits or a throne?
  • Carol as the queen to King Melodrama just has never worked for me. I get ZERO chemistry from them.
  • The ages of Judith and Rick Jr. seem off to me if this is a 6yr time jump.
  • I find the new people annoying so far -- especially the jailbreak woman. I'll keep an open mind that some of them evolve well.
  • What the heck is with characters going off on their own and trying to contact JUST ANYONE out there?! Reminds me of FTWD with Alecia on the yacht and now that FTWD group with their CB looking to just collect people (I mean, HELP people... just like Madison did... you know, before she got them ALL killed).
  • I'm skeptical of Daryl as THE lead.
We'll see... ... ...

Most things feel off and not how these characters would act...

- We don't let new people in bc something bad happened, but Eugene will try to contact anyone out there
- Gabriel & Rosita don't make sense at all
- Still don't care for the King and Carol together
- I can't stand Carol's hair and it doesn't fit with her personality. It would just get in the way. Besides the fact that her hair was so short for 3 years, then somehow she grows Rapunzel hair???
- They just allow Judith to become close to Negan???
- Michonne is mean now

It makes me sad and disconnected from the show that Carol & Daryl are the only 2 left from season 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter