The walking dead amc #2

I'm not the one that says comes in here and complains after every episode and says they will give it one more week. And then do the same thing the next week and the next week. If you don't like the direction of the show, stop watching.

I come in here every week? Do you know me? I never once stated I'll give it one more week and give up.

The show is terrible from a writing and production standpoint, IMO, and has been for a while but it's entertaining to watch the wheels come off of what was once a unique and well written show. What's even more entertaining is the behind the scenes drama, but for another thread.

I've been a fan of the whole Walking Dead thing since long before the show was even green lighted. I've always had a fascination with zombie anything since George Romero. I also watched Z Nation which was even worse than TWD. I watch to laugh my butt off and to see just how off the rails it will go. Sue me. I also watch Sharknado for similar reasons although Sharknado at least doesn't try to hide the fact it's awful.

The first 3 seasons of this show were awesome. The characters were all well written, the dialogue, story arcs, all of it was very well done. Then it nose dived and traded good story telling for shock value and cliffhangers. It got lazy. But at the same time, almost funny.

I'll watch it and make fun of it if it suits me. I'll come on this thread and post what I feel about the show.

I too was not thrilled with the time jump.
Rick was a main character and I wanted to see how the others coped with the loss and what impact it had on people and the communities.
I think the Judith Grimes bit was just a bit too far fetched.

I wonder if we will see the aftermath of Rick's death in the AMC movies.

I come in here every week? Do you know me? I never once stated I'll give it one more week and give up.

The show is terrible from a writing and production standpoint, IMO, and has been for a while but it's entertaining to watch the wheels come off of what was once a unique and well written show. What's even more entertaining is the behind the scenes drama, but for another thread.

I've been a fan of the whole Walking Dead thing since long before the show was even green lighted. I've always had a fascination with zombie anything since George Romero. I also watched Z Nation which was even worse than TWD. I watch to laugh my butt off and to see just how off the rails it will go. Sue me. I also watch Sharknado for similar reasons although Sharknado at least doesn't try to hide the fact it's awful.

The first 3 seasons of this show were awesome. The characters were all well written, the dialogue, story arcs, all of it was very well done. Then it nose dived and traded good story telling for shock value and cliffhangers. It got lazy. But at the same time, almost funny.

I'll watch it and make fun of it if it suits me. I'll come on this thread and post what I feel about the show.

Guess I should have explained that I was talking about a group of posters in general.

In your case, if you wan't to waste your time watching a show you don't like go ahead. I will still find it funny that you watch it and then complain about it.

I wonder if we will see the aftermath of Rick's death in the AMC movies.

Quite possibly. But I think its crap that those of us who don't have the time/energy/interest to watch these spin-off "movies" are getting shafted out of seeing the aftermath of Rick in the main show. He was the main character and we saw very little reaction to his presumed death. Thinking of people who binge watch this series in the future who may not even know about or have access to these side movies, they'll likely think the same.

Guess I should have explained that I was talking about a group of posters in general.

You quoted me so I responded to that. Makes sense though. What I do and why I watch is admittedly odd, but I have my reasons.

In your case, if you wan't to waste your time watching a show you don't like go ahead.

Watching a television show is a waste of time for whatever reason we choose to watch it. It's entertainment. You watch for whatever reason. I watch for mine. I watch the show because it's almost like watching a sitcom at this point. Or daytime television. What do you get out of watching it?

I will still find it funny that you watch it and then complain about it.

Again, for the second time, I never complained. I made fun of. TWD doesn't owe me anything. Why would I complain.

I belong to a forum called zombie squad. It a survivalist forum whose claim is that if you can plan for a zombie invasion you can plan for anything. Mostly we discuss what to do in case of hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, etc. But it's zombie themed for the fun of it.

They too have a discussion thread about the walking dead as you can imagine a zombie forum would. We tear the show apart all the time. Why? Because we can and it's fun. The vast majority of what they do on the show would get you killed or would simply not work. And yes I understand it's a TV show about reanimated corpses coming to life to eat people so reality isn't really important. It's still fun.

AND (for me) the time jump to tween Judith...

I've been enjoying this season (more than last season anyway) and liked a lot of the episode, but I didn't love the time jump. I've invested in the Rick Grimes character - he seems to have been the main character even though it's an ensemble - and I didn't like that we just jump over the aftermath - especially after the buildup. How does it impact other characters and the development of the communities in the immediate aftermath? I like the social allegory piece, so I was kind of enjoying the Policy Development in the Apocalypse part with Michonne and was interested to see where it went...I haven't read the comics so maybe it makes sense if you do...
Same here. Think they should've let us mourn with the characters per se. I'd like to atleast see a couple episodes and then do the time jump

So whats with the talking zombies? Why? are those the ones that have been along for so long that they are transforming back to part human or something?

So whats with the talking zombies? Why? are those the ones that have been along for so long that they are transforming back to part human or something?

If you want to know, spoilers in white: The "talking zombies" aren't zombies. They are The Whisperers, who are the next big bad. They are a group of humans who wear the skin of the dead/zombies so they can move around easily surrounded by zombies. Bad hombres.

If you want to know, spoilers in white: The "talking zombies" aren't zombies. They are The Whisperers, who are the next big bad. They are a group of humans who wear the skin of the dead/zombies so they can move around easily surrounded by zombies. Bad hombres.
Thanks

So what did everyone think? Eugene is a bad_____, Rosita and Father Gabe are a couple, the walkers are talking, Rick and Michonne had a kid who looks 3 even though 6 years have supposedly passed, Carol's hair looks like she stuck her finger in a socket, Henry is still a PITA and King Z has walks around now without his princely robes. Not sure how I feel about these new people, they seem okay as we saw an exchange between them when they were by themselves and do seem like they are on the up and up.

A) really...Father pee pants and Rosita??? No thanks!
B) Eugene is a bad A....no wait, he's a crying baby again.
C) Why did Eugene come down the tower instead of staying up until herd passed?
D) Judith 'decides' to let strangers in and all the adults listen to her...she is utterly annoying!
E) Michonne was way weird. Even talked funny. Just isn't Michonne of any season. It's off.
F) Ricky Jr is too young.
G) New folks mean nothing to me.AT.ALL!!!!!!! I just wanna see Carol, Daryl and Maggie (folks I care about since I began watching Season 2) and looks like Maggie evaporated into thin air.
H) Negan is still around and playing uncle to annoying Judith. Blech!
I) Carol, King Z and Henry are show's version of comic Rick, Andrea and Carl (because show killed them off) and it feels odd and leaves me wondering who will be the show's version of comic King Z and Michonne?
J) Walkers talking...we comic readers know where that's going (cool).
K) The Carol we all know is still there (super cool).
L) Daryl is grosser than ever.
M) And maybe Eugene and Rosita shouldn't be trying to communicate with strangers out there...me thinks bad things could happen...duh!!!

So liked J and K...the rest stunk.

I am going out on a limb and suggesting maybe there isn't a Ricky Jr and that Michonne is imaging him. The new girl who went to be all stabby with Michonne (with some ridiculous little necklace blade) and saw Michonne with little Ricky, maybe she saw Michonne imagining and recognized that Michonne is in severe grief and must of lost a loved one (like stabby girl recognized because she is in similar boat).

Anyone have an idea what the X on Michonne's back is from?

A) really...Father pee pants and Rosita??? No thanks!
Yeah, I didn't get that either. Two polar opposites. I kept thinking back to when Gabriel was horrified by Rick and Co. for savage killing of the Terminus crew.
B) Eugene is a bad A....no wait, he's a crying baby again.
LOL! I actually said to my DH "wait, Eugene is a bad a** now?" Nope.
C) Why did Eugene come down the tower instead of staying up until herd passed?
We thought the same. But they needed a reason why Rosita and Eugene couldn't outrun the herd so... injury.
D) Judith 'decides' to let strangers in and all the adults listen to her...she is utterly annoying!
I had an issue with that too. She's just a kid, not the savior of the new world.
E) Michonne was way weird. Even talked funny. Just isn't Michonne of any season. It's off.
At first I honestly thought they had another actress playing Michonne because she was so different. I was half paying attention at that part bc DH had it on in the background and then I decided to watch it with him.
F) Ricky Jr is too young.
I thought so too. Maybe there's a backstory that we didn't get to see yet which has Michonne taking in strangers (they were all about not trusting people again in the episode), getting that crazy scar as a result and also having another relationship that resulted in a baby?
G) New folks mean nothing to me.AT.ALL!!!!!!! I just wanna see Carol, Daryl and Maggie (folks I care about since I began watching Season 2) and looks like Maggie evaporated into thin air.
Us too. We started with Episode 1 in Season 1 and miss all the characters we've invested in. It's hard to get invested with so many storylines, underdeveloped characters and weird time jumps.
H) Negan is still around and playing uncle to annoying Judith. Blech!
Judith took Carl's role from the comics.
I) Carol, King Z and Henry are show's version of comic Rick, Andrea and Carl (because show killed them off) and it feels odd and leaves me wondering who will be the show's version of comic King Z and Michonne?
You're right! They are Rick, Andrea and Carl!
J) Walkers talking...we comic readers know where that's going (cool).
It was cool to FINALLY see.
K) The Carol we all know is still there (super cool).
I was worried at her "mother earth" vibe in the beginning. I was glad to see she hasn't changed.
L) Daryl is grosser than ever.
LOL!
M) And maybe Eugene and Rosita shouldn't be trying to communicate with strangers out there...me thinks bad things could happen...duh!!!

So liked J and K...the rest stunk.
Agree.

I am going out on a limb and suggesting maybe there isn't a Ricky Jr and that Michonne is imaging him. The new girl who went to be all stabby with Michonne (with some ridiculous little necklace blade) and saw Michonne with little Ricky, maybe she saw Michonne imagining and recognized that Michonne is in severe grief and must of lost a loved one (like stabby girl recognized because she is in similar boat).

Interesting....
Michonne did have a son who was about that age when he was killed. It's not impossible that she could be imagining him. Given that we know she talks to both Rick and Carl, as seen by Judith. This is the lady who cut off the arms and jaws of her former boyfriend and friend and paraded them around with her in chains. LOL!

I thought so too. Maybe there's a backstory that we didn't get to see yet which has Michonne taking in strangers (they were all about not trusting people again in the episode), getting that crazy scar as a result and also having another relationship that resulted in a baby?

Agree.
This could be. Or they let in strangers and trusted them and some guy was bad and resulted in her baby boy. And explains the X as maybe he did that to her too. On another thread, someone asked who she gave a kidney to. But I wouldn't think they'd take a kidney from her back and how would they know if it matches. I guess that other forum poster was kidding. I think you're right and they let in strangers who attacked Michonne. Although, they showed nobody else interacting with or mentioning Baby Ricky so I feel he's imaginary.

Hubby and I were talking about that last night. We both think she's hallucinating the baby (pulling a Rick Grimes and the Phantom Telephone?). The timeline just doesn't make sense. If she got preggers with Rick before the explosion he'd be a kindergartener, not a toddler. And Judith seems completely unaware of him.

I am going to rewatch it tonight, but I feel like the scene that Magna views through the window (the little boy running into Michonne's arms) is exactly the same scene that we see after she talks to Judith on the stairs...which would lend itself to a cray-cray Michonne...replaying things she wished would have happened over and over. And we'll be looking to see how the scar is connected to it all.

I didn't even think the baby could be a hallucination, but that does make sense since his age is off, unless like others have said maybe she was raped and it resulted in a baby. That X looks like a brand mark as opposed to a surgical scar. Not sure why they would make an X to take her kidney out.
I did think the scene with Eugene and Rosita where he was about to tell her he liked her was very funny when she said stop right there Eugene before you make this weird. I'm thinking to myself isn't every interaction with Eugene weird lol.

I also didn't understand why eugene would not stay on top of the water tower, they would have never seen him. Rosita could have possibly climbed up there too unseen, unless they were worried the herd could knock the tower down.

I think Michonne's baby is a hallucination. It fits with Judith hearing Michonne arguing with herself in her room. Is he going to get a phone call?

So we just let Judith run around with a gun bigger than she is and a sword? That seems like a good idea. And she just picks up strays and has talks with uncle Negan. Sigh....

Rosita and the Preacher.....really? I mean good for him. Rosita is hotness personified, but really?

So I guess Daryl is back to scowling and have 3 lines of dialogue a season huh? Is he like a lone wolf now?

Eugene without a mullet is unacceptable. Nope. I don't care how epic his rat tale is. He needs his mullet like the King needs his dreds.

Carol needs her own spinoff. So have the old Neganites been wandering around for the last 6ish years just waiting to steal a wedding ring?

BTW where did they find all of these horses?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter