The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

If CA goes to a shelter in place.... it seems like the VGC opening will be off? Right?

I am wondering this as well. From what I recall, some hotels were open during the shut down, but only for essential travel. Either way, if they shut down all the shops and restaurants I don't really see a point of going during that time. I decided to just push our stay back to the summer. Even if the parks are still closed, at least the summer will be good for using the pools.

New restrictions put into place in CA. I'm afraid that VGC won't be able to open. So bummed. Something to keep an eye on if you have reservations soon.

Article

They are saying hotels for essential needs only.

Food is only carry out.

Sounds like... Not a ton of fun, really?

New restrictions put into place in CA.
Misleading headline. Newsome laid out what new restrictions would come into play _if_ the number of available ICU beds falls below 15% in each of 5 zones. He theorized that 4 of the 5 zones (including SoCal) might reach that level by next week, but it hasn’t happened yet. VGC is scheduled to open on Sunday, so Disney still has a few days to evaluate the situation.

Now on the DVC site
Disney Vacation Club is delaying the reopening of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa as we further review the new regional stay at home order announced by the State of California on December 3.

Such a bummer. We have a reservation in late January for my son's birthday, but I'm not holding my breath. This will be my fourth or fifth cancelled reservation.

We are getting into a pickle too. March use year expiring and have aulani with travel restrictions in play here in cali. Debating on whether to risk travel or rebook to grand cali for late Feb usage. Argh.

Update: At least for Aulani - no holding. Can cancel up to day before given travel restrictions in place.

Now if only we stay above 15% SoCal......

Stay at home order has been issued for SoCal counties effective midnight December 6 -

8711fb46-a1cf-4719-b862-d2a5dfb7fc7f.png

State’s Stay Home Order Triggered in Southern California Region, Effective December 6, Midnight

Ventura, CA - The State of California’s Stay Home Order will go into effect on Sunday, December 6 at midnight in Ventura County and in all Counties in Southern California, after the Southern California Region's hospital ICU capacity dropped below 15%. The order closes many businesses and activities and urges people to stay at home whenever possible.

The California Department of Public Health reported on Friday evening that Southern California's ICU capacity dropped to 13.1%, triggering the Stay Home Order.

Stay at home order has been issued for SoCal counties effective midnight December 6 -

8711fb46-a1cf-4719-b862-d2a5dfb7fc7f.png

State’s Stay Home Order Triggered in Southern California Region, Effective December 6, Midnight

Ventura, CA - The State of California’s Stay Home Order will go into effect on Sunday, December 6 at midnight in Ventura County and in all Counties in Southern California, after the Southern California Region's hospital ICU capacity dropped below 15%. The order closes many businesses and activities and urges people to stay at home whenever possible.

The California Department of Public Health reported on Friday evening that Southern California's ICU capacity dropped to 13.1%, triggering the Stay Home Order.

yup. Boo....

I was looking at the reservations at VGC and noticed that there are a lot of open reservations in the next six months. It looks like people are canceling reservations. You can even get studios. I wonder if people are just bailing out. We have reservations in June. I hope everything is open again. Makes me wonder if Disneyland is doomed.

I was looking at the reservations at VGC and noticed that there are a lot of open reservations in the next six months. It looks like people are canceling reservations. You can even get studios. I wonder if people are just bailing out. We have reservations in June. I hope everything is open again. Makes me wonder if Disneyland is doomed.

I have a July reservation that I plan to move to December when the 11 month window opens next month.

I don’t think it’s doomed. I hope not, I bought a VGC resale in January. Luckily only one 2020 point.

Not doomed. Just closed so folk are moving plans to WDW. Makes sense.

Think summer will see some movement if vaccines get to the general public in sufficient quantities

I mentioned above that I have reservations in June. I also made backup reservations in August. I'm planning a family trip for everyone to be together. The plan is if June has to be canceled I already have August reservations. If June goes through, I cancel the August reservations.

Hi- newbie here! We are a new DVC family, purchased two contracts this year- 160 resale VGC, and 100 direct Saratoga Springs. My question is about availability. All of the DVC shows I watched made a really big deal about how if you don't own at VGC you won't be able to get a reservation, but looking at the availability charts on dvchelp.com, it seems like that is only true for the studios?

Can any DVC veterans shed some light on this for me?

We have 3 kids under 8 so we are mainly interested in 1 and 2 bedroom villas, do you think we'll be able to use our Saratoga Springs points at the 7 month mark?
Thanks so much, I am grateful for these forums!!

Studios do go first and it’s not unusual for there to be none at 7 months. Or only a couple so they go super quick. Studios are rarely available at 6 months and 29 days.
One bedrooms are easier to get. There’s still not a lot of them, but if you are on right at 8AM at 7 months, you’ll probably get one. Holidays excluded.
2 bedrooms tend to be between there. Lock offs are tied into studios, but VGC does have dedIcaTed 2BR. These have two queens in the other bedroom, vs a Queen and sofa bed studio, which is the second bedroom of the lock offs.

So any VGC owners get a favorable answer on expiring points besides go to WDW resorts? With a fresh do-not-travel order in effect, both our VGC stay and Aulani stay are off - and expiring in end Feb.

A whole year of points unable to use at home resort - there needs to be some recourse of those who banked 2018 :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter