The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Just booked for March! Fingers crossed for everything reopening by then. This isn't our first time staying at GC, but it is our first time as DVC members, staying specifically at VGC.

Are we able to link the reservation to the Disneyland website? Am I missing something or is that somewhat pointless anyway?

Just booked for March! Fingers crossed for everything reopening by then. This isn't our first time staying at GC, but it is our first time as DVC members, staying specifically at VGC.

Are we able to link the reservation to the Disneyland website? Am I missing something or is that somewhat pointless anyway?
No, there’s no way to link the stay like at WDW. Yay for booking!

I just grabbed a 1br for late March.....Here is to hoping everything will be back open by then!

I am beyond excited about it!
Congrats!
We just booked a 2 bdr villa at exactly our 7 mth mark at 5 am! ( west coast) for April!
Hoping open and safe too!
This will be first time I’ve actually used points for villas, always had to book in Disney Collection 😳

Congrats!
We just booked a 2 bdr villa at exactly our 7 mth mark at 5 am! ( west coast) for April!
Hoping open and safe too!
This will be first time I’ve actually used points for villas, always had to book in Disney Collection 😳

We actually dropped the 1br and grabbed a 2 br as well and invited some friends to come with us. I’m so excited to get another reservation at Grand Californian. Hoping everything was open with some normalcy by then.

I had a 2 day studio reservation for the end of September that isn’t happening. It was automatically cancelled. I ended up booking 2 nights in a 1 bedroom for April. 98 total points for Friday-Sunday. So worth it to me.

I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have a reservation for the weekend before Thanksgiving at VGC. Those points are banked, and will expire March 1. I have a reservation this coming weekend at WDW, and I now realize that I should have switched out the current points in that for the VGC points. If I try to do it now, the current points will go into holding. (Can holding points be banked?)

What options have been offered people? I think it's highly unlikely that they'll extend my points beyond the banking deadline. Maybe they'll let me do the switch without putting points in holding? But I'll still be left with 150 banked points. And my banking deadline is Oct. 31, and I don't know if they will have cancelled by then...

I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have a reservation for the weekend before Thanksgiving at VGC. Those points are banked, and will expire March 1. I have a reservation this coming weekend at WDW, and I now realize that I should have switched out the current points in that for the VGC points. If I try to do it now, the current points will go into holding. (Can holding points be banked?)

What options have been offered people? I think it's highly unlikely that they'll extend my points beyond the banking deadline. Maybe they'll let me do the switch without putting points in holding? But I'll still be left with 150 banked points. And my banking deadline is Oct. 31, and I don't know if they will have cancelled by then...

They are not placing points in holding now however you can't reallocate between reservations without cancelling one and trying to rebook after you reallocate.

I'm not quite understanding the reference to the banking deadline since it sounds like the points used for the VGC reservation are already banked? If so then there's no extension for them and you would need to use them by March 1st.

They are not placing points in holding now however you can't reallocate between reservations without cancelling one and trying to rebook after you reallocate.

I'm not quite understanding the reference to the banking deadline since it sounds like the points used for the VGC reservation are already banked? If so then there's no extension for them and you would need to use them by March 1st.
I've been able to reallocate online myself pretty easily. My point was that if I switch out the 87 current points for this weekend's reservation, I'll have to bank them by the end of the month, and the reservation might not be auto-cancelled by then. And even if it is, I still have 150 banked points in the reservation that I'll have to use before March.

Thanks for the info about holding, though, that gives me hope.

I've been able to reallocate online myself pretty easily. My point was that if I switch out the 87 current points for this weekend's reservation, I'll have to bank them by the end of the month, and the reservation might not be auto-cancelled by then. And even if it is, I still have 150 banked points in the reservation that I'll have to use before March.

Thanks for the info about holding, though, that gives me hope.

Got it! Well, this isn't a given but I did read that someone with either an Aulani or VGC reservation that was cancelled past their banking deadline was allowed to bank. It's not an exception definitely being done but probably decent odds of getting it if that did happen. I don't see that it places you in any worse position as it currently stands you'll use current points and still have the banked if VGC is cancelled. If you can make a switch happen then if the VGC reservation is cancelled you might at least have a chance to bank the current points vs them already being used in the weekend trip.

I called and a wonderful CM helped me out. She reallocated the banked points into this weekend, so I have fewer points at risk. And she said they're not putting anything into holding right now, as you said, @KAT4DISNEY. Thanks!

Okay, on to my next problem. :).

Anybody else have problems cancelling VGC reservations? I remember this happening to me earlier this year. Every time I try, I get the dwarfs.

Okay, on to my next problem. :).

Anybody else have problems cancelling VGC reservations? I remember this happening to me earlier this year. Every time I try, I get the dwarfs.

Go in and modify the reservation and add your email back in that is now probably missing. Save it as if you're rebooking and THEN you'll be able to go back and cancel.

Go in and modify the reservation and add your email back in that is now probably missing. Save it as if you're rebooking and THEN you'll be able to go back and cancel.

Wow that’s great info. Just happened the other day and I think happened last Spring. Any more info on why this happens? Is there a thread somewhere?

Wow that’s great info. Just happened the other day and I think happened last Spring. Any more info on why this happens? Is there a thread somewhere?

Disney IT? Only reason I can imagine. And no thread. I discovered it so long ago I can't even recall what made me look at modifying and discovering the email address missing. By the second time the pattern was becoming evident where the issue was even if I can't say why. Still, even I forget and will go to cancel and get the Dwarves and then have my "oh yeah" moment.

Thank you SO much for posting this info! Prior to this year I have been able to cancel online but something has changed with their system. Have had to contact MS multiple times for various cancellations this year. Numerous survey feedbacks and questions to MS and no one could tell me how to fix it. Just tried this and it worked!

My family and I recently became DVC members for VGC but before that happened, we made reservations at another hotel (Courtyard Theme Park Entrance) for the end of February. I received an email a few days ago from Marriott, saying that the hotel will be closed until March 1 (for now, anyway). My reservation was cancelled. I'm not sure what that means for VGC - but it doesn't bode well.

Any thoughts on if VGC could open before Disneyland opens? I would still like to take a trip there, even with DL closed. I have to believe there are a fair amount of people who would also be willing to stay there with the parks closed. They still have excellent pools, and could do some socially distanced outdoor movie night, or other activities at the resort. Why doesn't Disney consider this? As a VGC owner I find it unfair that the hotel remains closed, when I own there and would like to stay there before even more points expire.

Any thoughts on if VGC could open before Disneyland opens? I would still like to take a trip there, even with DL closed. I have to believe there are a fair amount of people who would also be willing to stay there with the parks closed. They still have excellent pools, and could do some socially distanced outdoor movie night, or other activities at the resort. Why doesn't Disney consider this? As a VGC owner I find it unfair that the hotel remains closed, when I own there and would like to stay there before even more points expire.
Someone on here was saying that if the pools opened there can’t be any pool chairs or loungers and the resort can’t provide towels, food, or drinks. Masks must be worn when not physically in the pool. If VGC opened without the hotel, members would then incur all the costs to open the pool, dining, front desk staff etc.

But I agree. If it was open semi-normally, we’d go too. We have a family stay booked Memorial day weekend. We just decided yesterday that if the parks aren’t open and hotel is, we will drop one night (keeping 3) and still do a resort/DTD/beach trip. We are about a 6 hour drive away in AZ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter