The ultimate split-stay thread

Quick question and i apologize if this has been answered before. Can't seem to find an answer to my specific concern.

We're doing a split stay December 24th to the 27th. at BCV with DXDP Then on the 27th checking out of BCV and moving to POFQ till the 31st with DXDP.:santa::yay:

If lets say we go to dinner on our check day on the 27th from BCv with TS credits left over from this stay. Then we check into POFQ with our new entitlements.
These entitlements from our split stays will be over lapping.

Will those credits left over from the BCV kick in first even though we have checked into POFQ with our new entitlements.

Sorry i hope this makes sense. This is all new to us:confused:

Thank you so much for your help:thanks::love: :disrocks:

And we have a problem. I have not been able to get a night at OKW for the day right after our stay at Swan. So right now we have a hole there and our schedule is 5 days Pop, 3 days Swan (booked on SPG points), 1 day with nothing, then 5 days OKW (rental from dvc owner, can't change). That 1 night at Sqan/Dolphin can't be booked on points and is expensive,would be $375 before taxes and fees. OKW has no availability and I've been checking for weeks.
Do I bite the bullet and pay the $375 for Swan or do I dare add a 4th resort to all this? Would rather spend that much on something fun like AKL savannah view or Wilderness Lodge but not sure if worth the trouble.
Have you checked through a 3rd party site like Orbitz or hotel.com to see if there is any availability? Or even cheaper lol? Depends on time of year but sometimes rooms are there and cheaper (orbitz currently has a code "bigadventure" for 15%off for some stays/days)

Quick question and i apologize if this has been answered before. Can't seem to find an answer to my specific concern.

We're doing a split stay December 24th to the 27th. at BCV with DXDP Then on the 27th checking out of BCV and moving to POFQ till the 31st with DXDP.:santa::yay:

If lets say we go to dinner on our check day on the 27th from BCv with TS credits left over from this stay. Then we check into POFQ with our new entitlements.
These entitlements from our split stays will be over lapping.

Will those credits left over from the BCV kick in first even though we have checked into POFQ with our new entitlements.

Sorry i hope this makes sense. This is all new to us:confused:

Thank you so much for your help:thanks::love: :disrocks:

Yes. In fact you won't have access to any of your entitlements from your POFQ stay until you use all your entitlements from your BCV stay or until the next day.

This question may have been asked already and if it has I'm sorry!
So I have 11 nights booked at the Poly for next year in a MYW package. I am wanting to do a split stay at Beach club. When I book the second part at Beach club, do I have to pay another $200.00 for that reservation? I am going to keep my tickets with my first package at the poly and just book a room only at Beach club for the second half of my stay! Thanks

This question may have been asked already and if it has I'm sorry!
So I have 11 nights booked at the Poly for next year in a MYW package. I am wanting to do a split stay at Beach club. When I book the second part at Beach club, do I have to pay another $200.00 for that reservation? I am going to keep my tickets with my first package at the poly and just book a room only at Beach club for the second half of my stay! Thanks

If you book a room only at BC you will have to pay a deposit equal to one night at the time of booking. So unless you're booking with an awesome discount, your BC deposit will be more than $200.

Didn't originally plan on doing a split stay. Booked original trip from Dec 27, 2017-Jan 1,2018 staying at POR. Decided to add a day on the front end the 26 of December. POR was booked so we booked RO reservation at POFQ. When I tried to book my dining reservation at 180 day from the 26th it only let me book 2 days of dining(26 &27). Had to wait 180 days from the 27 to book the rest of my dinners. I still got most of my dinners but how is going to work for my fast passes. 60 days from the 26th or 27th? Just wondering.

Didn't originally plan on doing a split stay. Booked original trip from Dec 27, 2017-Jan 1,2018 staying at POR. Decided to add a day on the front end the 26 of December. POR was booked so we booked RO reservation at POFQ. When I tried to book my dining reservation at 180 day from the 26th it only let me book 2 days of dining(26 &27). Had to wait 180 days from the 27 to book the rest of my dinners. I still got most of my dinners but how is going to work for my fast passes. 60 days from the 26th or 27th? Just wondering.

Split stays don't matter for FP, just ADR's so on the 26th you can book your entire stay of FP+.

Have you checked through a 3rd party site like Orbitz or hotel.com to see if there is any availability? Or even cheaper lol? Depends on time of year but sometimes rooms are there and cheaper (orbitz currently has a code "bigadventure" for 15%off for some stays/days)

Thank you! I started with Orbitz, no luck. Tried looking around at other 3rd party sites and got a great deal on otel.com (not hotel.com). Had to call for res # but linked now and looks good.

This thread is great! I just booked a split stay taking advantage of AP discounts. Been going to Disney my whole life and this never occurred to me as an option until the family we are meeting up with half way into our trip, found a great deal for their dates. Doing Pop the first have then Coronado springs the second.

This thread is great! I just booked a split stay taking advantage of AP discounts. Been going to Disney my whole life and this never occurred to me as an option until the family we are meeting up with half way into our trip, found a great deal for their dates. Doing Pop the first have then Coronado springs the second.

You're going to have fun. I almost like the resorts more than the parks! :)

DH & I are interested in doing a split stay in July, I just have a few questions as I'm not sure how to go about it. We're interested in 2 nights CR & 6 nights BWI, we would be booking thru a TA not Disney.

1. Do I book my 2 nights at CR w/ 8 day park tix & then 6 nights RO at BWI? (Possibly w/ DDP at BWI-not sure on the dining though).
2. We can use the same magic bands the whole time? It would be easier to only have to worry about 1 set.
3. We would grab a cab & move our own bags to the BWI around checkout time at CR (so we should only be" roomless" for a few hours) & check in right then at BWI then head out for our day. 4. Our bands would then work for the parks & dining after checking in at BWI correct?
5. So if we did the DDP everything for the BWI would then go into effect at check-in just as if we just arrived for the start of our vacation fresh from home?

I feel like I'm missing something & it's really harder than this or I'm making too much of it & it's really very easy. I swear I'm not usually this confused!

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

DH & I are interested in doing a split stay in July, I just have a few questions as I'm not sure how to go about it. We're interested in 2 nights CR & 6 nights BWI, we would be booking thru a TA not Disney.

1. Do I book my 2 nights at CR w/ 8 day park tix & then 6 nights RO at BWI? (Possibly w/ DDP at BWI-not sure on the dining though).
2. We can use the same magic bands the whole time? It would be easier to only have to worry about 1 set.
3. We would grab a cab & move our own bags to the BWI around checkout time at CR (so we should only be" roomless" for a few hours) & check in right then at BWI then head out for our day. 4. Our bands would then work for the parks & dining after checking in at BWI correct?
5. So if we did the DDP everything for the BWI would then go into effect at check-in just as if we just arrived for the start of our vacation fresh from home?

I feel like I'm missing something & it's really harder than this or I'm making too much of it & it's really very easy. I swear I'm not usually this confused!

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

1. I'd check with the TA for this one.
2. Yes
3. It's definitely the easiest way to move. Worst case scenario if the room is not ready, they can keep your luggage and you can go swim, relax, eat or go to the park if you want.
4. Everything should work perfectly but technology being what it is, it is possible you might have to get your band fixed.
5. Your DDP will be activated when you check-in at BWI. Not at CR... Unless you can book this new option:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...g-plan-to-begin-testing-in-the-magic-kingdom/

It's a little bit more planning than a normal stay but once it's booked, it's not that complicated. :)

Finishing up our split stay on Saturday. Ended up being 5 nights Fort Wilderness Cabins, 4 nights Dolphin and 5 nights 1 br at OKW. DH, DW, DD 2, DS 7. We do not have a car. Used bell services for the moves and it was very easy each time.
FW to Swan bellman actually drove us with our bags to the Swan in the am. Bellman there stored our bags while we went to Epcot for the day.
Going from Swan to OKW we had bell services take our bags while we spent the day at MK.
Got groceries from instacart (not the best service, delivered wrong size diapers, promised and promised to deliver correct size and never did) and the groceries made the transfers without incident.
Kids did get a bad stomach bug the first few days. Would have been a disaster if we had to transfer on one of the days they were sick. I would have likely paid rack rate for another night at FW but they were better by then.
I would totally do this again. Was great experiencing the different resorts and it was relatively easy. FWIW my favourite of the 3 is OKW for the big rooms, resort ambiance, Olivia’s and the Gurgling Suitcase. Rest of the family loved the FW cabin best for the bunk beds, natural setting and recreation. I just didn’t like taking two busses to go anywhere.

And another split stay coming up for us! Starting at CSR then moving to doubletree at Disney Springs. Hoping DD is off by then so we can use her car for transfer. Was looking offsite for second part as I figured we'd be helping DD move out from her apartment by then, but a great promo rate and the addition of EMH to DS hotels made Doubletree a good option!
I just realized even our offsite Thanksgiving trip was a split stay too - started at B Resort (love the family bunk bed room!!) then to Marriot Cypress Harbour (by far our favorite place so far).

Hi- I'm monica and I have a split resort stay problem...:rotfl2:
OTOH I'm now an expert at packing for split stays!

I love this thread! :D This should become a FAQ here on the Resorts section!

My wife and I visit at least once a year since 2010 and consider ourselves Disney experienced :). We have been doing split stays recently and love it. What we like is it gives us the opportunity to try different resorts.

As the OP said make sure you prioritize your resorts.......on a recently split stay in June we did Yacht Club for 3 nights to begin our trip (my wife is so in love with this resort) then moved to POP Century for the last 3 nights (Wanted to try the resort before a fall trip with family). While POP was nice.........clean......less expensive........it is NOT the Yacht Club (and there's nothing wrong with that) So we learned start quiet........end big!!!!

Just an FYI.......we did POP in November with a Preferred Room and just loved it! The room location was seconds (yes seconds) away from the food and the busses. When those rooms are all refurbed POP will be bordering on Moderate!!8-)

Again to the OP.........thanks!:P

Doug :goofy:

And another split stay coming up for us! Starting at CSR then moving to doubletree at Disney Springs. Hoping DD is off by then so we can use her car for transfer. Was looking offsite for second part as I figured we'd be helping DD move out from her apartment by then, but a great promo rate and the addition of EMH to DS hotels made Doubletree a good option!
I just realized even our offsite Thanksgiving trip was a split stay too - started at B Resort (love the family bunk bed room!!) then to Marriot Cypress Harbour (by far our favorite place so far).

Hi- I'm monica and I have a split resort stay problem...:rotfl2:
OTOH I'm now an expert at packing for split stays!

Hi Monica. Welcome. First step is admitting you have a problem, so well done. :thumbsup2

And interesting! I have been thinking for a while of trying one of the Marriott timeshare properties. What did you like so much about Cypress Harbour?

Hi Monica. Welcome. First step is admitting you have a problem, so well done. :thumbsup2

And interesting! I have been thinking for a while of trying one of the Marriott timeshare properties. What did you like so much about Cypress Harbour?
Everything! The resort was easy access to Disney (and universal though we didn't go this trip). Great activities and activities staff-think we played a round of putt putt golf every day, clubhouse with kids activities. Resort looks large yet nearly every building is within 5-10 minute walk to a pool or main clubhouse pool. Staff was fantastic. I was so glad this was our 2nd (3rd disneyntrip for me) this year and we had annual passes as it allowed us to chill at resort without feeling need to be in a park everyday. The villas themselves were very nice and spacious-2 bed 2 bath with washer/dryer (full size) in unit. Fully appointed kitchen. We've stayed at Harbour lake, grande vista, royal and Sabal palms too, and while I liked the amenities of Sabal (and close proximity to Disney) I liked Cypress overall resort better than any of them...

A phone CM just told my friend that Disney will provide a courtesy van to transfer you and your luggage to a second resort for a split stay. I’ve done many split stays and never heard of this. It’s not true, right?

A phone CM just told my friend that Disney will provide a courtesy van to transfer you and your luggage to a second resort for a split stay. I’ve done many split stays and never heard of this. It’s not true, right?
I did a split from bwi cl to gf cl and wasnt offered that in December. I have never heard of it either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter