The ultimate split-stay thread

Does anyone know approximately how much the Uber cost would be for a ride from POFQ to Poly with 4 adults and probably a decent amount of luggage (so probably one of the larger vehicles would be needed?)? Just wondering if it might be just as easy/affordable to transfer our luggage by ourselves the day we change resorts? I guess if we couldn't get into our new room right away it wouldn't save money since we would probably have to pay a tip to leave the bags (and then pay tip when they get delivered to room too?) BUT thinking if we could check right into our room it would be simpler to Uber??

Two questions from me. We are doing a split stay at AoA in September--first two nights in LM, remainder in a Cars room.

1. I presume I'll leave our luggage with bell services between check-out and check-in, unless our room is available when we head to the park. There's nothing different I need to do since we're not changing resorts, right? Wondering if anyone else has done this and has any tips that I might not be considering.
2. If we wanted to use a different credit card on the second leg of the stay, would that just be too much of a logistical nightmare on our switch day?

Thanks!

I have a question. I booked four nights at Bay Lake Tower by renting points (used an online broker to do so), but I'm thinking of extending my trip one day by booking a value directly through Disney for the night before. My question is: how would the Magical Express work? I know when I book points, I have to go through the owners I'm renting from to secure my ME reservation, but if I'm arriving a day early, how would I book the ME? I've heard before if I call Disney directly, they won't work with me since I'm not the DVC owner, so I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has done this. Thanks!

Two questions from me. We are doing a split stay at AoA in September--first two nights in LM, remainder in a Cars room.

1. I presume I'll leave our luggage with bell services between check-out and check-in, unless our room is available when we head to the park. There's nothing different I need to do since we're not changing resorts, right? Wondering if anyone else has done this and has any tips that I might not be considering.
2. If we wanted to use a different credit card on the second leg of the stay, would that just be too much of a logistical nightmare on our switch day?

Thanks!
My DH didn't arrive until few days after us- he set his own cc to file and PIN number on line on MDE. Pretty easy to do actually. I had forgotten to get a PIN code for one of my kids so we just did it through the app.
And bell services should take care of everything for you-just have to be in new room before they can deliver luggage.

It was recommended to me in my post about choosing between CR and AOA to maybe consider splitting. This seems like a great idea to me to get the best of both worlds. I was thinking we could do 4 days at CR and 3 days at AOA, and this would allow us to upgrade to a Tower MK view room for those 4 days for roughly the same total price since we were originally looking at a GW room if we stayed at CR.

I'm working my way through this thread, but I'm already hesitant because of the suggestion that splitting stays is more for Disney veterans. We aren't first-timers, but we are far from experts. We've been twice with only 1 child, once for 4 days and once just for the day. This time will be for a week with 3 children. But, I do a ton of research and planning, and the trip is 15 months away, so would it maybe be manageable or am I getting in over my head and we just need to pick a resort and stick with it?

Looking forward to a split stay in April of 2018...2 nights in AKL and 5 at Poly :)

I have been chipping away at this thread to determine if it is possible to link the two reservations (earlier posts indicate that it was NOT possible). Can anyone clarify? I would like to know if we will be able to book ADRs 180 days out for the duration of our trip and FastPass+ 60 days out for the duration of our trip. Our travel agent insisted that we can link the two but as I was doing my research, I wondered if she was correct.

Thanks in advance!

We are doing a split stay between POR and AKL. Our transfer is tomorrow, at first we thought about riding an Uber but maybe we'll take the boat to DS and transfer there.

If we do this, what would be your advice concerning transfer of items that should stay refrigerated? We have a box of nice chocolate but, more importantly, I have diabetes and need to bring my insulin. It does need to stay in the fridge but it certainly needs not to stay in the sun.

Would you rather handle these items to Bell Services at POR, and request it stays refrigerated all along, or would you bring these with you and put them into storage at AKL once you arrive by boat/bus?

Thanks for your feedback!

Looking forward to a split stay in April of 2018...2 nights in AKL and 5 at Poly :)

I have been chipping away at this thread to determine if it is possible to link the two reservations (earlier posts indicate that it was NOT possible). Can anyone clarify? I would like to know if we will be able to book ADRs 180 days out for the duration of our trip and FastPass+ 60 days out for the duration of our trip. Our travel agent insisted that we can link the two but as I was doing my research, I wondered if she was correct.

Thanks in advance!

You cannot link the 2 stays (which is ridiculous, IMHO, as they just have to look for consecutive checkin/checkout days on your MDE). You will be able to book the first 2 nights 180 days out. Then you can book the next 5 nights at 180 days from your checkin at Poly. I barely got an Ohana night in November because of that (I am staying 5 at Boardwalk, 2 at Poly). At 180 day mark, I just barely grabbed an 8pm Ohana for the last of my first portion (the 5 day stay). Figured at least I could finally try Ohana on checkin night at the Polynesian.

I had bell services keep my stuff cold during transfer with no problems (mostly-when I called to get stuff brought to room they forgot the bag in cold storage - but it was brought promptly when I had to call again).

I also had no problem making FP+ for entire LOS with our split stay this past week. Dining ADRs appear to be the glitch...

I had bell services keep my stuff cold during transfer with no problems (mostly-when I called to get stuff brought to room they forgot the bag in cold storage - but it was brought promptly when I had to call again).

I also had no problem making FP+ for entire LOS with our split stay this past week. Dining ADRs appear to be the glitch...
I also had no issues making FP choices for my split day this week. Although I could not get FOP at AK on Monday but was able to find one on Wednesday at 5pm. Luckily I was planning on park hoping that day since I am checking out of one resort to go to the other!!!

Based on the info in this thread, I priced my split stay with dining plan and 7-day tickets only on the first half of the stay. I was under the impression that I could not add dining to the second half of the stay without purchasing at least some tickets, which we don't need, so we were going to just skip dining for that part and pay out of pocket. But now I got a quote from a TA and she claims she can add dining only to the second reservation as well. Is this something different that TAs can do? She seems to book right through Disney, there is no discount or fee for using her services, just the benefit of having one point of contact. Her price for the first half is exactly the same as what I got on my own, the second half is obviously more because she is including dining.

Responding to my own post, I handled my medication and chocolate to Bell Services when we left our first resort. They assured me that items would be kept in an ACed room, and that they would be in the heat only for the short time when they would be loaded/unloaded into the van.

Upon arriving at my destination resort, I can confirm that no chocolate have been harmed by the sun.

We hesistated between asking bell services and/or taking a Uber, and we have to say Bell Services do an excellent job. Would recommend, and do it again!

Great thread. Have learned a lot so thank you to everyone who has posted!

We will be DH, DW, DS 7, DD 2, doing a split stay this December; 5 days Pop, 3 days Swan, 6 days OKW 1 br. Still not sure if this is too much moving around. I think the kids will love the different resorts. And not sure if I'm going to rent a car; would make the moves easier and I did want to get over to Tampa for a football game.

Based on the info in this thread, I priced my split stay with dining plan and 7-day tickets only on the first half of the stay. I was under the impression that I could not add dining to the second half of the stay without purchasing at least some tickets, which we don't need, so we were going to just skip dining for that part and pay out of pocket. But now I got a quote from a TA and she claims she can add dining only to the second reservation as well. Is this something different that TAs can do? She seems to book right through Disney, there is no discount or fee for using her services, just the benefit of having one point of contact. Her price for the first half is exactly the same as what I got on my own, the second half is obviously more because she is including dining.

Anyone can book a "ticketless package" (room + dining plan), not just TAs.

Hey guys, due to room availability, we'll be doing our first split stay this December between CSR and POR. Wouldn't be concerned at all, but the day we transfer is the day we also have MVMCP tickets. My plan is to call for bag transfer prior to leaving for the parks in the morning and then aim for being at POR at the dot of 3p to get bags and have a bit of a rest before heading out for the party. Does this sound feasible? Unfortunately, it's the only night the party works out for us.

Doing my first split day, 4 nights at YC and 3 nights at BWI. I believe both are linked on MDE because I can see them both there. Am I correct that I CAN book my FP's for ALL our days starting at the first check in date for the YC? I'm OK if I can't, but if I CAN, I just want to know for sure.
Thanks for any help

A
Doing my first split day, 4 nights at YC and 3 nights at BWI. I believe both are linked on MDE because I can see them both there. Am I correct that I CAN book my FP's for ALL our days starting at the first check in date for the YC? I'm OK if I can't, but if I CAN, I just want to know for sure.
Thanks for any help
As long as your park tickets are on your first split stay then u can. I m split stay WL and Pop and I was able to do all my FP

A

As long as your park tickets are on your first split stay then u can. I m split stay WL and Pop and I was able to do all my FP

Yes, our tickets are on the first stay at YC for the whole length of the stay.
So Thank you.........this is excellent news!!

Great thread. Have learned a lot so thank you to everyone who has posted!

We will be DH, DW, DS 7, DD 2, doing a split stay this December; 5 days Pop, 3 days Swan, 6 days OKW 1 br. Still not sure if this is too much moving around. I think the kids will love the different resorts. And not sure if I'm going to rent a car; would make the moves easier and I did want to get over to Tampa for a football game.

And we have a problem. I have not been able to get a night at OKW for the day right after our stay at Swan. So right now we have a hole there and our schedule is 5 days Pop, 3 days Swan (booked on SPG points), 1 day with nothing, then 5 days OKW (rental from dvc owner, can't change). That 1 night at Sqan/Dolphin can't be booked on points and is expensive,would be $375 before taxes and fees. OKW has no availability and I've been checking for weeks.
Do I bite the bullet and pay the $375 for Swan or do I dare add a 4th resort to all this? Would rather spend that much on something fun like AKL savannah view or Wilderness Lodge but not sure if worth the trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter