The ultimate split-stay thread

Yes, you have until 11:59 pm to use the rest of your credits. The check in for the next resort won't affect your credits.
Thank you FFMickey! That is what made sense to me but then I read something that had me questioning it.

This has probably all been asked before but I would really appreciate some advice.

We have a one night stay at WL on December 11th and then we move to the cabins at FW from December 12-19th. My tickets and my dining plan are on the 2nd reservation.

I was talking to a cast member today and he said that in order to get the dining plan and tickets on the morning of December 12th that I would have to physically get over to FW and check in before the dining and tickets would become active. That kind of destroyed my plan of having breakfast with the dining plan at WL before heading into Epcot for the day. I thought I could just send my bags over, check out of WL and since I had online checkin at the cabins, I would be set. Can someone confirm for me - how it works?

And if I needed to, could I check out and leave my family at WL to wait for breakfast and I hurry and go over to FW and checkin just me?

Thank you so much for your help!

This has probably all been asked before but I would really appreciate some advice.

We have a one night stay at WL on December 11th and then we move to the cabins at FW from December 12-19th. My tickets and my dining plan are on the 2nd reservation.

I was talking to a cast member today and he said that in order to get the dining plan and tickets on the morning of December 12th that I would have to physically get over to FW and check in before the dining and tickets would become active. That kind of destroyed my plan of having breakfast with the dining plan at WL before heading into Epcot for the day. I thought I could just send my bags over, check out of WL and since I had online checkin at the cabins, I would be set. Can someone confirm for me - how it works?

And if I needed to, could I check out and leave my family at WL to wait for breakfast and I hurry and go over to FW and checkin just me?

Thank you so much for your help!

If you check in online it shouldn't be an issue. I have done a day at AKL and then the next day went straight to the parks after we had already checked in online at Coronado Springs. Just told them it was the first day we were there and didn't have any issues.

We've had a room only for one night before our package starts at a different resort 5 times now and have never gone to resort #2 prior to going to the parks. We never had an issue with our tickets or dining credits.

If you wanted to, you sure can. Anyone over 18 that is listed on the reservation can check in for the entire party.

How will split stays work with the new tickets? On the Disney site, it says that my tickets are only valid during the dates of my package. Does that mean we can't add a room only reservation before our package & use park days?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20181207-161013_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181207-161013_Chrome.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 5
How will split stays work with the new tickets? On the Disney site, it says that my tickets are only valid during the dates of my package. Does that mean we can't add a room only reservation before our package & use park days?

See my reply in your other thread.

Okay, this a split stay dining package question. We have three nights reserved with the Deluxe Dining Package check in on Thursday checkout on Sunday. We intend to use credit until 11:59 pm on Sunday. We will be checking in to another on-property resort on Sunday but just for that night and will not have the dining plan. We are driving home Monday morning and will not need any credits for that day. I want to be sure the dining credits will remain valid until 11:59 pm on Sunday regardless of us checking into a new on-property resort. I had read a conflicting report that checking in to a new resort automatically cancels any remaining credits from the 1st resort. Doesn't sound right to me but thought I would ask the experts.

Hi, I have the same question. Could mhownes please tell us what about your experience with DDP credits when you splitted your stay?

Any other people could please inform us?

Thanks

Okay, this a split stay dining package question. We have three nights reserved with the Deluxe Dining Package check in on Thursday checkout on Sunday. We intend to use credit until 11:59 pm on Sunday. We will be checking in to another on-property resort on Sunday but just for that night and will not have the dining plan. We are driving home Monday morning and will not need any credits for that day. I want to be sure the dining credits will remain valid until 11:59 pm on Sunday regardless of us checking into a new on-property resort.

Yes the will.

I had read a conflicting report that checking in to a new resort automatically cancels any remaining credits from the 1st resort. Doesn't sound right to me but thought I would ask the experts.

Checking into a new resort will definitely not cancel any remaining credits.

Hi, I have the same question. Could mhownes please tell us what about your experience with DDP credits when you splitted your stay?

Thanks

Please see above.

Thanks
I think dansdad has answered our questions but I will happily report back after my trip. Hope you have a wonderful vacation

Odd question. Coming with 4 adults and right now we have two rooms with 2 adults in each room at CBR --one with my name plus one other adult, and while I am also paying for the other room, I put the two other adults names in their room (my name is not the lead name for their room). So as luck would have it I have nabbed a DVC rental for that night. I plan to cancel my one room cbr reservation and take the DVC rental, but am wondering if it is possible to list all four of our names on the DVC rental? In short is it okay to have their names in two separate rooms at two separate resorts for the night? We will want to have magic bands. Also, if this is not okay, then can I have the two who will still be staying at CBR as guests for the day to enjoy the Animal Kindgom Amenities?

Odd question. Coming with 4 adults and right now we have two rooms with 2 adults in each room at CBR --one with my name plus one other adult, and while I am also paying for the other room, I put the two other adults names in their room (my name is not the lead name for their room). So as luck would have it I have nabbed a DVC rental for that night. I plan to cancel my one room cbr reservation and take the DVC rental, but am wondering if it is possible to list all four of our names on the DVC rental? In short is it okay to have their names in two separate rooms at two separate resorts for the night? We will want to have magic bands. Also, if this is not okay, then can I have the two who will still be staying at CBR as guests for the day to enjoy the Animal Kindgom Amenities?

I believe you can list the same person on multiple rooms, and get Magic Bands. But I can't tell you for sure. I have made many reservations where we get multiple rooms and I have often listed the same person in more than one room. HOWEVER, I do believe I changed them all to the correct people in each room by a day or two before check in. BUT, in at least one case, I did receive Magic Bands a month or so in advance, with the same person listed in two different boxes, from two different rooms. Don't know if this was a fluke, but I really think that Disney doesn't care whether you do it that way.

Advance dining for your second stay - 180 days from that stay, or should it go by the date of the first stay?

Can I do two RO reservations (from Expedia) and buy tickets separately (Undercover Tourist) and still book all of my Fastpasses at the same time? I want to do 3 nights at a value resort and 3 nights at a deluxe resort with 4 days at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter