The Trip Is On!!! Trip report starts on pg. 39

When last I left in the non-planning pre trip report we were going to go to lunch at the Bbq. We have left any ride plans to the fact we have a few must rides and one definite we don’t want to ride and that is ToT. Neither of us are really interested in it. Ironically we are laid back and want this to be a relaxing trip. I am so for that.

We had considered doing the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour but have since decided that it is a block of time that we just don’t want to use this way. I know that I would like to see Aladdin while we are there because I have never seen it but that remains to be seen.:confused3

Our next not plan is dinner on Tuesday the 22nd of February. We want to see WoC so we decided to do a dinner for it. We are going to eat at Wine Country Trattoria, now this not something I could do with WBG. He is a picky sort of eater, I am really looking forward to it. I didn’t see the WoC when I was there in June because it was the week it opened and I was so not going to deal with those crowds. Big excitement!!:cool1:

I don’t know that we are going to spend the whole day in DCA, because it is a Tuesday I know that it is actually a prime day to play in Disneyland. So I think we might do the earl part of the day there and go over to DCA in the late afternoon. Our dinner is at 6:30 so I figure that we can have dinner and not have much time to wait for WoC. We may play this by ear. Further on this later. :smooth:

I was playing online as I like to on the Disneyland website and the AP rates for the DLR hotels have gone down so plans maybe changing. More on this later. :smooth:

You'll L:love:VE the World of Color show!!! I really enjoyed our dinner at Ariel's.....I didn't find anything on the Wine Country menu that caught my fancy....besides it used to be a little more expensive....not sure it still is or not?? :confused3 You'll be glad you went that route....the area you watch from is fantastic!! If you don't get on the railing in the front....I would suggest staying back (even back on the stairs) so your view won't be blocked by taller people.

You'll L:love:VE the World of Color show!!! I really enjoyed our dinner at Ariel's.....I didn't find anything on the Wine Country menu that caught my fancy....besides it used to be a little more expensive....not sure it still is or not?? :confused3 You'll be glad you went that route....the area you watch from is fantastic!! If you don't get on the railing in the front....I would suggest staying back (even back on the stairs) so your view won't be blocked by taller people.

I want a bit more grown up meal. And the fact that it is just D and I, and we are sharing expenses it will be cheaper. When I looked at the menu online I saw some pasta dishes, and I see that they have maybe changed their menu.

I want a bit more grown up meal. And the fact that it is just D and I, and we are sharing expenses it will be cheaper. When I looked at the menu online I saw some pasta dishes, and I see that they have maybe changed their menu.

:thumbsup2

Wednesday is the day I just went crazy planning meals. :rofl: I had given D a link to the different places to eat and their menus wanting her input. So these are the places that I reserved. There will be other meals but these were the sit-down served meals. Although there is talk of another one in DTD but, I have one preference and she has another so that will have to be up for debate and probably Monday night or Tuesday lunch. Our breakfasts are taken care of by the hotel. Yay for the Ayre’s Hotel!! :cheer2:

On Wednesday if there is anymore that we want to do at DCA that might be the time. Or maybe we will want to go to DTD for part of the day. I do know that at one point or another I want to go to the Uva Bar. Weather please cooperate on this one. I so want to have a Pineapple Upside Cake or another of their fun shooters. For any of you that haven’t had a chance to sit out there and enjoy a drink I really recommend it. WBG and I had a ball there back in June.

Lunch will be at the Storyteller’s Café. I think I may have to try the spaghetti because after reading Sherry’s trip report it sounds so very good to me. Who knows though? I have wanted to try there for a while too and not doing the character breakfast is actually better for me. This trip is my grown up trip.

Now remember this is the no-plan plan so I will not even begin to guess on what we will do at this point so I am going to skip ahead to our dinner plans. We have reservations for the Café Orleans. Now anyone who knows me knows that this is my favorite part of the park. I can spend hours in that area just looking at everything and of course riding my two favorite rides. And I can say without a doubt I want to try the Pommes Frites, after that who knows? Let’s throw caution to the winds!!! :rofl:

Your trip sounds great so far Michele! I can't wait for you to experience WOC. It really is something else. Pictures and videos do not do it justice!

We did the Ariels Grotto, and it was a great meal. The only thing we didn't like about it, was the bread we had for a starter was really hard. Other than that, it was all delicious!

Your trip sounds great so far Michele! I can't wait for you to experience WOC. It really is something else. Pictures and videos do not do it justice!

We did the Ariels Grotto, and it was a great meal. The only thing we didn't like about it, was the bread we had for a starter was really hard. Other than that, it was all delicious!

Hi, Andrea!!

Thanks I am really excited to see WoC. And I have eaten at Ariel's Grotto and we enjoyed it.

D and I discussed whether we wanted to do the Fantasmic dessert or WoC and we have both seen Fantasmic but neither of us has seen WoC. It wins hands down!!

You will be glad you did. It is fantastic. Not sure you can really compare it to Fantasmic! but it's definitely a great show in it's own right.

You will be glad you did. It is fantastic. Not sure you can really compare it to Fantasmic! but it's definitely a great show in it's own right.

Oh I know that. One factor is that Fantasmic is only showing on Monday night, and I am thinking that the reason is because that Monday is Presidents Day and is gonna be slamming busy.

Yeah, you're probably right on that one!

I just read the message that said you were sick. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Yeah, you're probably right on that one!

I just read the message that said you were sick. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Oh thank you Andrea. I am wrapped in my Princess blankie alternating laptop and reading my book.

I am reading the best book, it is called Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison and it is really good.

I was going to wait until tomorrow to check here, but could not resist

WOC looks awesome. I can't wait to see any pics you might take:goodvibes

Food looks good at all the restaurants, too

I love your chock full of plans non-plan trip! :lmao:

We just know too much to not plan anymore! :laughing:

Your meal plans sound tasty! And I know how badly you wanted to see WoC so I'm excited for you to see it! It looks really cool.

1) yes, I have added that Uva bar treat to my bucket list :thumbsup2

2) I know, Sherry's TR got me wanting spaghetti and garlic bread at Storytellers SO bad :rotfl:

3) Hope AP rate works out :thumbsup2

4) Yup, with you on NOS and Cafe Orleans :cool1:

I was going to wait until tomorrow to check here, but could not resist

WOC looks awesome. I can't wait to see any pics you might take:goodvibes

Food looks good at all the restaurants, too

I will be manning the camera this trip unlike on other trips, so expect pictures of the sights and not so much the people.

I love your chock full of plans non-plan trip! :lmao:

We just know too much to not plan anymore! :laughing:

Your meal plans sound tasty! And I know how badly you wanted to see WoC so I'm excited for you to see it! It looks really cool.

Thanks Nicole.

I think that the planning just comes naturally with the parks. I think I might struggle if I don't plan at least a little.

1) yes, I have added that Uva bar treat to my bucket list :thumbsup2

2) I know, Sherry's TR got me wanting spaghetti and garlic bread at Storytellers SO bad :rotfl:

3) Hope AP rate works out :thumbsup2

4) Yup, with you on NOS and Cafe Orleans :cool1:

You will not regret trying the Uva bar. Didn't the spaghetti look great on Sherry's trip report? Thank you. Either way I am going to Disneyland!! It is the best area, I think everyone else must think so, I have never been there when it wasn't slam bang busy. Even on slow days.

Lunch will be at the Storyteller’s Café. I think I may have to try the spaghetti because after reading Sherry’s trip report it sounds so very good to me. Who knows though? I have wanted to try there for a while too and not doing the character breakfast is actually better for me. This trip is my grown up trip.

2) I know, Sherry's TR got me wanting spaghetti and garlic bread at Storytellers SO bad :rotfl::cool1:

I will be manning the camera this trip unlike on other trips, so expect pictures of the sights and not so much the people.

Didn't the spaghetti look great on Sherry's trip report? Thank you. Either way I am going to Disneyland!! It is the best area, I think everyone else must think so, I have never been there when it wasn't slam bang busy. Even on slow days.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:It's funny, I was just about to subscribe here and get on board for the TR anyway, so I was getting caught up and I saw these mentions of the spaghetti!

Well, let's hope you get a 'good garlic bread day.' The garlic bread was heavenly the 2 times I ate spaghetti for dinner at Storytellers. But when I had it for lunch...the bread was not so good. If you see Brett the waiter walking around Storytellers, he will know the right garlic bread to give you! In any case, yes, the spaghetti ws delicious every time, so I hope you have the same luck with it and enjoy it!

But, any way you slice it, as you said, you're going to Disneyland!:cool1::cool1: So even if you just sat there on Main Street and ate a corn dog, you're still at DLR!

Can't wait to see the photos you come up with - especially the people-free photos!

Love the No-Plan Plan...which sounds like it's turning more into a Semi-Plan Plan as time passes!

What was the AP rate you saw for the hotels that was making you consider changing where you stay? I don't think I missed it, did I? Did you say what it was already? I haven't checked that AP site in a while because I got so annoyed with their rates. Lord only knows what will happen to the discounts if they change the whole structure of the AP system (making the memberships monthly instead of annually, etc.).

Oh okay, the rate is $174 a night, they had been listing the PPH for over $200 a night for that week. I think that they thought that week was going to be busier than it is shaping up to be. All of the hotels are less. I know there is still openings all around the area because I am always checking rates, I think that we will probably stay with the Ayre's. I saw yesterday that the Ayre's in Anaheim is on the top 25 hotel's to stay at in the USA on trip advisor. I think I chose well.

Oh okay, the rate is $174 a night, they had been listing the PPH for over $200 a night for that week. I think that they thought that week was going to be busier than it is shaping up to be. All of the hotels are less. I know there is still openings all around the area because I am always checking rates, I think that we will probably stay with the Ayre's. I saw yesterday that the Ayre's in Anaheim is on the top 25 hotel's to stay at in the USA on trip advisor. I think I chose well.

That is a good rate for the PPH. That's the sort of rate I was expecting to see show up on the AP hotel calendar last year in October and the first part of December as it had in the past (but it never did).

But I think that you picked a good hotel to stay at for several reasons. Unless you just had a deep need to stay onsite again, I think the Ayre's will be absolutely fine. You'll probably love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter