The Trip Is On!!! Trip report starts on pg. 39

This will be a good time to try some nice restaurants with your friend. I saw that you are going to eat at BTR BBQ, I would assume that you are going to try other restaurants on property? Hope it won't be crowded and do everything you and your friend want to do

You will like the Ayres Hotel. I have stayed at the Ayres hotel and it is very nice. The room is very nice and I mostly like the full breakfast. The only thing I don't like about the hotel is that it is not close to DL and have to take a bus or drive a car to the parking lot. But overall, you will enjoy the hotel and the room.

That was my thought, we don't normally as I said because there are so many of us. BTR BBQ was not as high on my list as it was on D's, but I figure I can give on that. Normally we do counter meals, and therefor picking places that I have to reserve made a huge difference.

Thank you so much with the news about the Ayre's Hotel. It looks wonderful especially at the price that they offer it. I don't mind parking in the parking lot so much. I am not a fan of ART, we rode it in June when we stayed at Stovall's. Although I did not like it I have to give ART it's due. My mom is in her 70's and she got tired one of the days and wanted to leave early so she rode ART back, when the driver didn't recognize her so she wanted make sure that she was getting on the right bus. I thought that was something that was over and above.

That was my thought, we don't normally as I said because there are so many of us. BTR BBQ was not as high on my list as it was on D's, but I figure I can give on that. Normally we do counter meals, and therefor picking places that I have to reserve made a huge difference.

Thank you so much with the news about the Ayre's Hotel. It looks wonderful especially at the price that they offer it. I don't mind parking in the parking lot so much. I am not a fan of ART, we rode it in June when we stayed at Stovall's. Although I did not like it I have to give ART it's due. My mom is in her 70's and she got tired one of the days and wanted to leave early so she rode ART back, when the driver didn't recognize her so she wanted make sure that she was getting on the right bus. I thought that was something that was over and above.

Just like you Michelle, I do the same thing and mostly do counter service instead of eating at sit down restaurants at any of the resorts. I can easily save a lot of money by eating at the counter restaurants or eating off-site like at McDonalds, Mimi's, etc. But I like to eat at least one sit down restaurant, mostly I eat at the ESPN Zone at least once a trip.

I am not a huge fan of the ART system, they don't run too many buses on each of the lines and it can take up to 30 minutes for a bus to return to the hotel or DL bus parking lot.

Here are some pics of the Ayres hotel room that I stayed during June 09
5371502605_e1bb8a4874_z.jpg

5371502113_e75451322f_z.jpg

5371502991_e625c2001e_z.jpg

Just like you Michelle, I do the same thing and mostly do counter service instead of eating at sit down restaurants at any of the resorts. I can easily save a lot of money by eating at the counter restaurants or eating off-site like at McDonalds, Mimi's, etc. But I like to eat at least one sit down restaurant, mostly I eat at the ESPN Zone at least once a trip.

I am not a huge fan of the ART system, they don't run too many buses on each of the lines and it can take up to 30 minutes for a bus to return to the hotel or DL bus parking lot.

Here are some pics of the Ayres hotel room that I stayed during June 09
5371502605_e1bb8a4874_z.jpg

5371502113_e75451322f_z.jpg

5371502991_e625c2001e_z.jpg

Oh wow Brett thank you for posting those pictures. They make me feel even better about the Ayre's. As I am sure you know so many times the pictures that the hotels put on their websites look nothing like the actual room does. I think that they have put up some pretty accurate pictures. I am guilty of not wanting to try different hotels because I don't know what they are like so I am going out of the box on this one.

You are right that they don't run enough buses. I am always afraid that I will be left behind and not get on the last bus of the night. That would not be a fun experience. I can hardly wait to show D your pictures of the hotel. Thanks again for those.

Oh wow Brett thank you for posting those pictures. They make me feel even better about the Ayre's. As I am sure you know so many times the pictures that the hotels put on their websites look nothing like the actual room does. I think that they have put up some pretty accurate pictures. I am guilty of not wanting to try different hotels because I don't know what they are like so I am going out of the box on this one.

You are right that they don't run enough buses. I am always afraid that I will be left behind and not get on the last bus of the night. That would not be a fun experience. I can hardly wait to show D your pictures of the hotel. Thanks again for those.

NP :thumbsup2 You are right about that the main websites for the hotels don't show the most updated rooms and we get to see the nice rooms from the DISers. You will like the Ayres hotel and the atmosphere is very nice. It is a perfect hotel to stay if you are going to a baseball (MLB Angels) or hockey game (NHL Ducks).

I read that the ART buses will stop running after one hour the park closes. I would say the same thing that it would not be fun if you can't get on the last bus and your hotel is at the Ayres. Your welcome and hope u and D like the hotel next month.

Hey! I made it before you got to page 3!!:lmao::rotfl2:

I'm so glad this trip is on and can't wait to see/hear about it. I think a trip w/o kids and hubbies is exactly what Prof Von Drake would order!;)

Hey! I made it before you got to page 3!!:lmao::rotfl2:

I'm so glad this trip is on and can't wait to see/hear about it. I think a trip w/o kids and hubbies is exactly what Prof Von Drake would order!;)

You are the first person on page three.:goodvibes Glad to see you Marsha.

NP :thumbsup2 You are right about that the main websites for the hotels don't show the most updated rooms and we get to see the nice rooms from the DISers. You will like the Ayres hotel and the atmosphere is very nice. It is a perfect hotel to stay if you are going to a baseball (MLB Angels) or hockey game (NHL Ducks).

I read that the ART buses will stop running after one hour the park closes. I would say the same thing that it would not be fun if you can't get on the last bus and your hotel is at the Ayres. Your welcome and hope u and D like the hotel next month.

Either they don't have the most updated rooms but they tend to show you their best which doesn't represent every room.

Hotels also use funky angles to make rooms look way bigger, etc etc.

Congrats on the upcoming trip! I'm excited for you.

Hotels also use funky angles to make rooms look way bigger, etc etc.

Congrats on the upcoming trip! I'm excited for you.

Hi Molly!!

Thank you. I am kind of looking forward to it. A little at least.:goodvibes

Thank you Brett!! I am really looking forward to it. This trip is a little bit off beat for me. We are going to eat at places I don't normally because there are normally six of us.

Where else besides the BBQ?

So excited you are going and with your BFF no less. Girls trips are the best! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter