The Trip Is On!!! Trip report starts on pg. 39

kaoden39

<font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your
Hi guys and gals!! Boys and girls!! Cats and dogs……well you get it!!

I am off and planning another fun filled trip to all of favorite fun place the Disneyland Resort!! Yay!! Woohoo!! Party time!! Only this is a bit different I am leaving WBG(my husband Scotty, otherwise known as Weird Bike Guy) and our army of three teenagers home. Yes, I am leaving them can you believe it? I am going with my closest friend who is gonna be nameless until I can think of a good nickname for her because she is not a disser. And she is leaving her husband, teenage daughter and stress filled job behind.

We decided last year we were making this trip and we are. I having been a busy planner and started these plans. Now we lead busy lives and email is sometimes the only communication we have. So mind you these plans have been made through emails shot back and forth to each other. I think we have done amazingly well. Mind you we have dubbed this a stress-free not overly planned trip, mind you at this point I have made plans. :smooth:

One plan we had to have is the when, we are going February 21- February 24. I was really hoping for four nights but that is not to be. I am hoping to have 4 days though. We have reservations at Ayre’s Hotel on Katella Ave.http://www.ayreshotels.com/anaheim/
,now mind you during our non-planning I researched all of the hotels across the street from the resort and the resort hotels. We were fully intending to park within walking distance but, then I got to thinking why are we doing that? I have a premium AP with free parking. Silly me.

I had originally planned for the 4 night stay so I called today to change it to three nights and spoke to the manager Marcus and they have wonderful customer service. That is plus for me. I looked at tripadvisor.com and they are ranked number 1 in Anaheim among the users so that kind of excites me.

There are a few other things but this is enough plans for my no plan trip!! :smooth:

For this post that is!!

First

:yay:

so excited for you.

Trip with no hubbies or kids. I a sure you and your friend will have a blast

Going to go check that link now as I want to see what that hotel is like. I love me some details :thumbsup2

First

:yay:

so excited for you.

Trip with no hubbies or kids. I a sure you and your friend will have a blast

Going to go check that link now as I want to see what that hotel is like. I love me some details :thumbsup2

Yay Kelly.

I know that you do.

I have more plans that I will be revealing later. I think that for my WDW friends I will add links to the pages on the DLR website for the meals that I reserved.:thumbsup2

Aw mans. I wanted to be first, lol. :p

But you know I'm super thrilled you're going! Even if I wish it could be 2 weeks later ;) I'm subbing.

Second!

Huh, that doesn't ring quite the same as "first". Oh well.

I am here!

Let the non-planning begin! :cool1:

Second is just as good as first!! You're a mommy you know that.:goodvibes

Aw mans. I wanted to be first, lol. :p

But you know I'm super thrilled you're going! Even if I wish it could be 2 weeks later ;) I'm subbing.

Well, you are the first of my DLR friends!!

I know but this works better for us.:goodvibes Next time!! I am sure if I am a very good girl he will let plan another trip!!:thumbsup2

:banana: Woo Hoo.....good for you Michele.....but as Jazz said....why couldn't you have put it off for a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!! :confused3 I've been begging for months for you to do a solo trip during that time!! :sad2: Ok, done bashing your dates :guilty: Ok, maybe a little more.....lol

Thrilled for you really....but would have loved seeing you again :hug: Love ya friend & can't wait to hear more!!! :cheer2:

:banana: Woo Hoo.....good for you Michele.....but as Jazz said....why couldn't you have put it off for a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!! :confused3 I've been begging for months for you to do a solo trip during that time!! :sad2: Ok, done bashing your dates :guilty: Ok, maybe a little more.....lol

Thrilled for you really....but would have loved seeing you again :hug: Love ya friend & can't wait to hear more!!! :cheer2:

My friend who may remain nameless until I can think of one was only able to get this time off. To coin a game show "she works for a major corporation.":rotfl:

We will get a chance to see each other again.:hug: Don't worry.:goodvibes

There will be more I promise!!

How about some more non-plans my peep’s? First thing D is gonna have to be her nickname at least for now. Maybe something better will come to me. We are going to rent an Impala to drive down, we are getting her corporate discount on it so that is cool. We decided to leave at like 5 am so that we can make it down in time to stop by the hotel and see if we can leave our luggage, and if Disneyland isn’t too terribly busy because it is President’s day we are gonna hit the park.

Oh the hope that the parks aren’t too busy I made a 1pm reservation for the Big Thunder Bbq!! This was one place that D and I both really want to try out. And I can almost taste it. And I am so tempted by some of the food there. And those of you that know me know that I have the app to check on ride waits so we will have an idea of if we are going to the park or hanging out else where. That is the great thing about the area there is so much to do!! This is the first on D’s and my non-plans. :smooth:

Hope u have a great time at DL next month. Can't wait to read your TR Michelle. :thumbsup2

Thank you Brett!! I am really looking forward to it. This trip is a little bit off beat for me. We are going to eat at places I don't normally because there are normally six of us.

I'm on board! We ate at the BBQ when we were there a couple of weeks ago, and it was dee-lish!!!

Yay Kelly.

I know that you do.

I have more plans that I will be revealing later. I think that for my WDW friends I will add links to the pages on the DLR website for the meals that I reserved.:thumbsup2

Just checked out the hotel

Looks very nice :goodvibes

I'm on board! We ate at the BBQ when we were there a couple of weeks ago, and it was dee-lish!!!

Well Hi there!!

I am thrilled to hear that. I am bringing a deck of cards because we need them while we wait at the Golden Horseshoe. I need to see the Billy's.:goodvibes That will be added later.:hippie:

Just checked out the hotel

Looks very nice :goodvibes

Thanks Kelly it did to me too. Especially at that price.

Thank you Brett!! I am really looking forward to it. This trip is a little bit off beat for me. We are going to eat at places I don't normally because there are normally six of us.

This will be a good time to try some nice restaurants with your friend. I saw that you are going to eat at BTR BBQ, I would assume that you are going to try other restaurants on property? Hope it won't be crowded and do everything you and your friend want to do

You will like the Ayres Hotel. I have stayed at the Ayres hotel and it is very nice. The room is very nice and I mostly like the full breakfast. The only thing I don't like about the hotel is that it is not close to DL and have to take a bus or drive a car to the parking lot. But overall, you will enjoy the hotel and the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter