The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

I'm interested too! I live in the Lehigh Valley, right outside of Allentown. Only 1 hour 15 minutes away. I'd like to stop by for one day! I will spread the word to other Lehigh Valley Diser's to see if they are interested too! Thanks for putting this together!

One more idea: Hummelstown is literally a stone's throw away from Hershey (2 minutes away from Hershey Park) and if you check online, there are several reasonably priced hotels. It is a lot closer than Harrisburg.

Love the Hershey Lodge but it is pricey unless maybe if you can work out a deal based on the number of interested diser's. It is a convention hotel and is really nice!

My BFF lives in Hummelstown. Small world isn't it. :goodvibes

Put me down as a maybe. Most likely not needing a place to stay, as it would offend him if I didn't stay at his place.

Great idea...but just be prepared to wait in VERY LONG LINES! We live a little over an hour from HP and love HP but even the kiddie rides(ya know the little rides that go in a circle) have 30 minute plus waits in August on the weekends and the bigger rides/roller coasters can go up to 3 hours to wait! It's totally nuts! Last time we went in August Sun-Mon and it was a nightmare. My kids were so upset as they barely got to ride anything due to the waits...they kept asking "Why doesn't HP have fastpasses?"-lol! For many kids in the area it is the last weekend before they go back to school so they go then.

This sounds like great fun! Unfortunately we already have *big* plans this summer to try and make it to Europe for 2-3 weeks in June. If anything happens and we can't go, then I'd definitely be interested in joining you for two of my favorite things -- chocolate and DISers!

Yikes, you would really travel that far to be with us - or would it really be for the chocolate??? I hope you guy go to Europe, as much as having you in Hershey would be fun!

We're a strong "maybe" as well; Hershey is one park I've always wanted to go to (along with Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and King's Island to name a few others).

I think a DIS meet will be just what we need for that extra motivation to go :yay::woohoo:

Put you guys down, hope you can make it!

Put me down as a maybe. I will have to fly down since I can't drive a car so it will depend on the cost of airfare. The $109 rate at the Country Inn is very good.

Hi Kim - the rate is pretty good for what you get, hope you can get a good airfare.

We are in. Need help let me know! A dis-friend and I where trying to get a dis meet started in hershey park so this is great. I will send your thread to a few people who who wanted to do a dis-meet in hershey! I should add i won't need a room though I live close!

Thanks for the offer for help, I may take you up on it later on!

Don't forget, they have a water park too. :)

I know!! We haven't been there yet, but, I think my girls will be more interested in that than anything else... Fingers crossed for a nice weekend!

You're just hoping to see me in a swim suit!!! :cool2:

Pffffft... I already saw you in one on Castaway Cay on the jetskis!!!!!!!

My BFF lives in Hummelstown. Small world isn't it. :goodvibes

Put me down as a maybe. Most likely not needing a place to stay, as it would offend him if I didn't stay at his place.

Todd, it wouldn't be a Dis meet without you!!!

Great idea...but just be prepared to wait in VERY LONG LINES! We live about an hour from HP and love HP but even the kiddie rides(ya know the little rides that go in a circle) have 30 minute plus waits in August on the weekends and the bigger rides/roller coasters can go up to 3 hours to wait! It's totally nuts! Last time we went in August Sun-Mon and it was a nightmare. My kids were so upset as they barely got to ride anything due to the waits...they kept asking "Why doesn't HP have fastpasses?"-lol! For many kids in the area it is the last weekend before they go back to school so they go then.

I'm sure we are all prepared for the lines, most people did not want to use vacation time during the week to go, since they have other vacations planned during the year, so we are going on a weekend. I'm inclined to think that rides won't be #1 priority that weekend ;).

Pam, Otto, and I will be there if at all possible. It will be great to see everyone.

Put me down as a maybe. I will have to fly down since I can't drive a car so it will depend on the cost of airfare. The $109 rate at the Country Inn is very good.

Kim you are more than welcome to a seat in the car if you don't mind driving down with us. We'd leave Friday AM and return Sunday sometime around noon.

I have some calls and emails into some hotels in the Hummelstown/Harrisburg area. So far, it looks like their rates will be higher than the first hotel I posted about.

So, what I need to know is, what is everyone looking for in a hotel? Is price the biggest factor? Ammenities? Internet? Breakfast? Is there a "cut-off" amount that you will go up to, (i.e. won't pay more than $150/night)

I have also been poking around the Hershey Park website and it looks like they will also give group discounts for tickets for groups of more than 20. I'm pretty sure we'll get to 20 people. It's way too far in advance to think of tickets, but, just letting you know there is a possible group discount there as well.

Andrea I think what you've found is a pretty good deal considering the time of year. I'll be staying there with you and Vin. The group ticket purchase sounds great as well.

I'd be interested. We go camping at the Hershey campground at least once a year. I only live about 1:45 from the park.

Kim you are more than welcome to a seat in the car if you don't mind driving down with us. We'd leave Friday AM and return Sunday sometime around noon.

Thank you George, that is very thoughtful. I will take you up on that if I can help pay for gas and tolls. This not being able to drive thing can be a pain at times.

Woohoo, I get to see my friends in Hershey!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! George and Deb

I'd be interested. We go camping at the Hershey campground at least once a year. I only live about 1:45 from the park.

Great - nice to see some new people.

Thank you George, that is very thoughtful. I will take you up on that if I can help pay for gas and tolls. This not being able to drive thing can be a pain at times.

Woohoo, I get to see my friends in Hershey!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! George and Deb

How sweet are George and Deb??? That is so cool!

Andrea I think what you've found is a pretty good deal considering the time of year. I'll be staying there with you and Vin. The group ticket purchase sounds great as well.

I thought it was a pretty good deal considering all the factors as well.

I am pretty sure we can make it that weekend.

That hotel should be good. I haven't look at it yet, but we always stay in Harrisburg when we go to Hershey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter