The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

kimisabella

<font color=red>I wonder if he/she is coming on th
This thread is for anyone who would like to come to Hershey, PA for a mini-meet during the summer. The dates for this meet will be for the weekend of August 14th & 15th. I know this is way early, but, just want to get the info out there so as many people as possible can join us.

We have decided on a hotel - it will be - Comfort Suites Near The Park
320 Milroy Road
Hummelstown, Pa 17036
(717)566-3000

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-hummelstown-pennsylvania-PA554

We currently have a group rate secured for this hotel for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

-You DO NOT need to stay all 3 nights to get the group rate.
-There is no deposit needed to secure a room, they will just take your credit card number, but will not charge you anything.
-You can cancel your reservation up to 24 hours prior to check in.
-This group rate is valid if you book before July 13th. You can still book after July 13th, you just will not receive the group rate.

If you would like to book the hotel at the group rate, you need the group name and account number. Please PM me for this information.

The "Official" list of attendees are:

kimisabella (Andrea & family)
georgemoe (George, Deb & Alan)
DVCsince02 (Jen & Family)
kab407 (Kathy)
Dodie (Dodie)
klam chowder (Karen & Robert)
cocowum & Launchpad11B (Alicia & Paul...& Jennie?)
OKW Lover (Jeff, Val & Connor)
CinderellasSister (Cynthia & family)
katscradle & 3guysandagal (Katherine, John, Kenny & Johnny)
bigmoonmullen (Mark & Louise)
AnneR (Anne)
jeanigor (Todd)
TheTXTaylors5 (Jennifer, Bill & family)
DisneyFanInPA (Jayme) & Wimpy (Jim)

Andrea, put Alicia and I down as a definite maybe. It's a bit early to fully commit, but it sounds like fun. :thumbsup2

Count me in as a MAYBE too!! It's going to take some things falling into place but I'm going to try and make it!! I also need to plan a trip to Indy Labor Day weekend :rolleyes1

Andrea, put Alicia and I down as a definite maybe. It's a bit early to fully commit, but it sounds like fun. :thumbsup2

Will do - would be great if you guys can make it!

We are in!

Let me know if you need any planning help.

Yay! I will let you know if I need any help, thanks!

Count me in as a MAYBE too!! It's going to take some things falling into place but I'm going to try and make it!! I also need to plan a trip to Indy Labor Day weekend :rolleyes1

No problem, I know it's a long way off!

We are 90% in

90% sounds good to me!

I am thinking that we are in!

Awesome!

Deb and I are both in. Thanks Andrea. Comfort Inn & Suites look nice. About 12 miles away from Hershey Park. Perfect! :banana:

I'm interested too! I live in the Lehigh Valley, right outside of Allentown. Only 1 hour 15 minutes away. I'd like to stop by for one day! I will spread the word to other Lehigh Valley Diser's to see if they are interested too! Thanks for putting this together!

One more idea: Hummelstown is literally a stone's throw away from Hershey (2 minutes away from Hershey Park) and if you check online, there are several reasonably priced hotels. It is a lot closer than Harrisburg.

Love the Hershey Lodge but it is pricey unless maybe if you can work out a deal based on the number of interested diser's. It is a convention hotel and is really nice!

Chris and I stayed at the Hershey Lodge a few years ago. We enjoyed it. The Hershey Hotel & Spa is nice too.

Another maybe here too. We're certainly going to try, but will have to see what else the summer brings as well. Sounds like fun.

We actually stayed here when we went to HP a few years ago- right after it opened. They have this little indoor pool that my daughter said was here second favorite pool ever after AKL's pool :confused3:confused3:confused3.

I hope we can make it- football practice will have started so need to get that schedule first.

Subscribing to this as we live maybe an hour from Hershey, and visit OFTEN. (next to WDW, one of our favorite places to be)!

This is something we would be interested in as well! :thumbsup2

Put me down as a maybe too! I haven't been to Hershey since I was like 4, and I've been dying to go back!

Deb and I are both in. Thanks Andrea. Comfort Inn & Suites look nice. About 12 miles away from Hershey Park. Perfect! :banana:

So glad you guys are in - I checked the site for that hotel and it says it's 5 miles to Hershey Park, hmmmmmmmmm.

Jason, Aaron and I are a maybe too. :thumbsup2

It would be great to see you guys

I'm interested too! I live in the Lehigh Valley, right outside of Allentown. Only 1 hour 15 minutes away. I'd like to stop by for one day! I will spread the word to other Lehigh Valley Diser's to see if they are interested too! Thanks for putting this together!

One more idea: Hummelstown is literally a stone's throw away from Hershey (2 minutes away from Hershey Park) and if you check online, there are several reasonably priced hotels. It is a lot closer than Harrisburg.

Love the Hershey Lodge but it is pricey unless maybe if you can work out a deal based on the number of interested diser's. It is a convention hotel and is really nice!

Hershey Lodge is $299/night and even if they gave us a group discount I don't think it would be cost effective. If anyone wants to stay at a more expensive hotel, no problem......we can just meet up other places

Another maybe here too. We're certainly going to try, but will have to see what else the summer brings as well. Sounds like fun.

I know it's far away, hope you can make it

What a great idea!

Kathy - hope you guys can come, it would be great to see you again

I'm interested too. No hotel needed though for me, my house is less than 20 minutes away! :)

Perfect!

We actually stayed here when we went to HP a few years ago- right after it opened. They have this little indoor pool that my daughter said was here second favorite pool ever after AKL's pool :confused3:confused3:confused3.

I hope we can make it- football practice will have started so need to get that schedule first.

That's good to hear, hope you guys can make it as well!

Subscribing to this as we live maybe an hour from Hershey, and visit OFTEN. (next to WDW, one of our favorite places to be)!

This is something we would be interested in as well! :thumbsup2

Lucky for you!

Put me down as a maybe too! I haven't been to Hershey since I was like 4, and I've been dying to go back!

I haven't been in about 7 or so years, so it's time to go back and see what's new. Hope you can join us.

So glad you guys are in - I checked the site for that hotel and it says it's 5 miles to Hershey Park, hmmmmmmmmm.

I like your number better Andrea. :) I just did a quick Harrisburg to Hershey check and it gave me 12 mi. We'll use your distance. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter