The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

I've never been to Hershey Park, and have always been curious to go. I'm not sure if that weekend works out for us though.

I like your number better Andrea. :) I just did a quick Harrisburg to Hershey check and it gave me 12 mi. We'll use your distance. ;)

What do I know :confused3 - I just read it on their site :laughing:......They could be using the low number to entice people to stay there. I'm doing more investigation :teacher:

I've never been to Hershey Park, and have always been curious to go. I'm not sure if that weekend works out for us though.

Oh Dave, you guys should try to make it!!!

<Putting on my Paul hat>

Make it work Dave!

<Taking off my Paul hat>

:rotfl:
Paul hat? That sounds more like a Tim Gunn hat.

Oh Dave, you guys should try to make it!!!
Andrea, I think my wife might be growing a little fatigued of all our vacation time being with DISers. As much as I would love to see everyone, we might need to take a little family time for ourselves too. However, we'll see what happens.

I have some calls and emails into some hotels in the Hummelstown/Harrisburg area. So far, it looks like their rates will be higher than the first hotel I posted about.

So, what I need to know is, what is everyone looking for in a hotel? Is price the biggest factor? Ammenities? Internet? Breakfast? Is there a "cut-off" amount that you will go up to, (i.e. won't pay more than $150/night)

I have also been poking around the Hershey Park website and it looks like they will also give group discounts for tickets for groups of more than 20. I'm pretty sure we'll get to 20 people. It's way too far in advance to think of tickets, but, just letting you know there is a possible group discount there as well.

I'm interested too! I live in the Lehigh Valley, right outside of Allentown. Only 1 hour 15 minutes away. I'd like to stop by for one day! I will spread the word to other Lehigh Valley Diser's to see if they are interested too! Thanks for putting this together!
i've actually flown into that airport in Lehigh Valley, lol! my old company- night vision systems was based in Allentown, spent some time up there. :goodvibes

sounds like a great gtg Andrea!! Wish we could make it, but most likely we will not being so far away. :thumbsup2

Andrea, I think my wife might be growing a little fatigued of all our vacation time being with DISers. As much as I would love to see everyone, we might need to take a little family time for ourselves too. However, we'll see what happens.

I totally understand! A happy wife makes for a happy life!

i've actually flown into that airport in Lehigh Valley, lol! my old company- night vision systems was based in Allentown, spent some time up there. :goodvibes

sounds like a great gtg Andrea!! Wish we could make it, but most likely we will not being so far away. :thumbsup2

Hi Michelle - it should be fun. We were going to go to Hershey anyway this summer since we aren't going on any summer vacations because of PCC 2. I figured why not see if anyone else wants to go as well. I know you're too far away to join us :sad1:

This thread is for anyone who would like to come to Hershey, PA for a mini-meet during the summer. The dates for this meet will be for the weekend of August 14th & 15th. I know this is way early, but, just want to get the info out there so as many people as possible can join us.

I have been looking into accomodations, and was referred to the Country Inn and Suites in Harrisburg, PA. I have heard good things about it from people who have stayed there. They have all the standard things - internet, a pool, and best of all free continental breakfast. I contacted the hotel and inquired about group rates and they informed me they would give our group a rate of $109.00/night for that weekend - we have to have a minimum of 10 rooms booked to get that rate.

Here is the website for the hotel
http://www.countryinns.com/harrisburgpa_ne

I realized that I didn't include the fact we would be doing Hershey Park - duh...
www.hersheypark.com
If anyone is interested and has any other ideas regarding other hotels/attractions/restaurants/discounts, just let me know.

So................who's in?

Andrea, Thanks for putting this together, however the dates don't work for me. :sad2: That is the weekend before School Starts here and we are always swamped that weekend. People procrastinate and wait until the last minute to get their Printing done.

I am going to Indy Meet Labor Day weekend and maybe the Chicago meet in June.

Andrea, Thanks for putting this together, however the dates don't work for me. :sad2: That is the weekend before School Starts here and we are always swamped that weekend. People procrastinate and wait until the last minute to get their Printing done.

I am going to Indy Meet Labor Day weekend and maybe the Chicago meet in June.

That stinks Tracey, but, it looks like you've got some Dis meets to keep you busy until PCC 2.0

Hey Andrea! Thanks for taking the lead on this. It sounds like a ton of fun. I put it on our calendar and we will do our best to get there. A lot can change in seven months for our family, so we can't be a definate yet, but I am going to start looking forward to it! We have done the Hershey visitors center tour but not the park. This should be fun. For any shoppers, there are outlets available too.

As for accomodations...we can be flexibile for what the group is interested in. Group pricing is nice! :yay:

That stinks Tracey, but, it looks like you've got some Dis meets to keep you busy until PCC 2.0

I would like to do Hershey too, as I have never been there. Oh well maybe next time.

I am always open if someone is passing through the Louisville Area, to set up a meet here, too.

Hey Andrea! Thanks for taking the lead on this. It sounds like a ton of fun. I put it on our calendar and we will do our best to get there. A lot can change in seven months for our family, so we can't be a definate yet, but I am going to start looking forward to it! We have done the Hershey visitors center tour but not the park. This should be fun. For any shoppers, there are outlets available too.

As for accomodations...we can be flexibile for what the group is interested in. Group pricing is nice! :yay:

Sounds good Heidi, hope you guys can make it.

Thx a mint for the thread Andrea! :thumbsup2

As for us, we've got our right leg in...:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Hi Karen - you've got your right leg in? Are you doing the hokey pokey???
Hope to see you guys there!

This sounds like great fun! Unfortunately we already have *big* plans this summer to try and make it to Europe for 2-3 weeks in June. If anything happens and we can't go, then I'd definitely be interested in joining you for two of my favorite things -- chocolate and DISers!

We're a strong "maybe" as well; Hershey is one park I've always wanted to go to (along with Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and King's Island to name a few others).

I think a DIS meet will be just what we need for that extra motivation to go :yay::woohoo:

klam_chowder said:
:woohoo: woo,hoooo sleepover at their place :banana: :rotfl: :banana:

I think my house might be a little too small for this group!

Hersheypark really is very nice. It's not Disney, but it is kept clean and beautiful and people love the coasters. We have season passes every year and love it! Just a bit of advice though, there are a lot more hills at Hersheypark, so bring good walking shoes!

Jayme

Put me down as a maybe. I will have to fly down since I can't drive a car so it will depend on the cost of airfare. The $109 rate at the Country Inn is very good.

We are in. Need help let me know! A dis-friend and I where trying to get a dis meet started in hershey park so this is great. I will send your thread to a few people who who wanted to do a dis-meet in hershey! I should add i won't need a room though I live close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter