The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

We have done Crystal Palace which is tigger, pooh, eyore, and winnie the pooh. We have done garden grill which is Mickey, Pluto and the Chipmunks, breakfast there was good, they bring it to your table, all you can eat. Crystal Palace was also good but is a buffet. We are trying Tusker house this time around, so will see.

Epcot, Living with the land, Garden Grill. Good character interaction and the restaurant slowly revolves so you can see the ride down below. Oh and pretty good food too!

I think we did Crystal Palace once, but I don't remember it. So that makes me think it wasn't very good.
Crystal Palace is With Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger. The buffet is on par with most of the buffets IMHO. There is certainly enough variety for most folks but the quality is typical of food cooked in "bulk" like this is. The price is ridiculous though, but then again... As has been said many times... It's Disney! :rolleyes:

The Garden Grill (Epcot) has Chip N Dale as well as Mickey and Pluto. We have only done breakfast there but we like it. At least when we are able to use the TIW there. We did a combo at Garden Grill to get seats for The Candlelight Processional and you were not allowed to use any discounts. For our family/Group of 5 (all considered adults for pricing) we (and by "We" I mean "ME") ended up paying $236.00 for breakfast (with Tip)! That's almost $50 a head! :eek:

The food was good and it did save us a Fast Pass as we had early reservations and could eat and get out before the line got too long for Soarin' (I absolutely love the New Soarin' but you need to be more to the "Center")

So another Birthday :cake:has come and gone, was Friday. Had a nice visit with the Parents :hourglass yesterday. And in Disney related news, we scheduled the Keys to the Kingdom tour for this trip, and got passes for the Headless Horseman meet and greet at the Fort. Hopefully we can make it back in time....as we have an early dinner reservation at BOG. Gonna need some boat :sail:pixie dust on this one....pixiedust:

So another Birthday :cake:has come and gone, was Friday. Had a nice visit with the Parents :hourglass yesterday. And in Disney related news, we scheduled the Keys to the Kingdom tour for this trip, and got passes for the Headless Horseman meet and greet at the Fort. Hopefully we can make it back in time....as we have an early dinner reservation at BOG. Gonna need some boat :sail:pixie dust on this one....pixiedust:

Belated Happy Birthday, PaHunter! :drinking1

You'll like the KTTK tour - we did it this past January - it's pretty neat to see how all the magic happens.

Bama Ed

So another Birthday :cake:has come and gone, was Friday. And in Disney related news, we scheduled the Keys to the Kingdom tour for this trip,
Happy Birthday Chris.

I may look into doing KTTK this trip. My sister and niece won't be able to go, but Ian and I have always wanted to do it. He wasn't big enough until our last trip.

j

Happy Birthday Chris.

I may look into doing KTTK this trip. My sister and niece won't be able to go, but Ian and I have always wanted to do it. He wasn't big enough until our last trip.

j

Yea we scheduled for the tour on 9/20 at 8am, this way have lunch on the tour and the rest of the day after the tour to roam the park.

KTTK is an awesome adventure. I did it the last time we were at the house of mouse. My DW and DD did the scavenger hunt tour which they loved. There is some really interesting things to see at MK. On and Off stage as they say.

I did the KTTK Tour a few trips ago. Me my DD and her BF while the DW and the other (younger DD) did the "Pool".

I loved the KTTK Tour, but I don't think my DD was a big fan. There was a lot of walking, and, well.... That wasn't "Her" style. I have an "Engineering" background and I love the "Process" of things, but I have to say, I had higher expectations for the Utilidoors (The "Underground" tunnels) but I sitll enjoyed it quite a bit. I hope that you do too.

Talked to the DW about KTTK. She's all for it (even after I said 5 hours of walking). The price created a few palpitations, but we'll work through that. It's only 3 of us.

How far in advance do you need to book it? When we are going in September shouldn't be too busy, but there may be more "over 16 year olds" who are able to go since school is in.

j

Talked to the DW about KTTK. She's all for it (even after I said 5 hours of walking). The price created a few palpitations, but we'll work through that. It's only 3 of us.

How far in advance do you need to book it? When we are going in September shouldn't be too busy, but there may be more "over 16 year olds" who are able to go since school is in.

j

I would book it as soon as you could, simply because it is a limited tour. The group is about 12 or 15 people usually. That was what our train tour was anyway. So if they take say 15 per tour, they have 4 times, only 60 people per day. Not really a lot when the hotels and campground hold what, 20-30,000 ???

I agree with Chris. Soon as possible. KTTK is a limited tour and as such it will fill up pretty quick. Also it does appear that it only runs 4 times a day as well.

Thanks,

That was my thought too, but maybe it's not as popular a tour as I thought. :P

j

But are you willing to take the risk? :crutches:

For us the only reason NOT to book sooner rather than later was that it has to be paid for UP FRONT and in FULL. I believe though you can get a refund if you cancel within time (I think it's 2 days).

Well this heavy rain that came thru the south first, is not helping me any. I need to get a pad put in for the trailer to sit on. It is currently sitting in the grass, and well with one inch of rain and another inch possible today, it is staying there. Weather is to improve next week, so hopefully can get the quarry to deliver stone and get the pad down. Then I can look at getting a RV power box wired to the outside of the house.
They announced the MNSSHP dates, but not pricing or put them on sale. Should be next month, and we can get tickets for the party. That will be the last of our tickets and purchases, then to work on meal planning for the trailer and to make reservations at campgrounds on the way down and back.

Just booked KTTK for 9/21 at 0830. This will be a nice surprise for DS' graduation and for me! We've always wanted to do this tour. FWIW, they had spots for all 4 times available. Granted, we are 5 months out.

j

Just booked KTTK for 9/21 at 0830. This will be a nice surprise for DS' graduation and for me! We've always wanted to do this tour. FWIW, they had spots for all 4 times available. Granted, we are 5 months out.

j

Glad you were able to get a tour booked. Something else to look forward to on this trip.

I learned a lot on that tour and I thought it was well worth it. I would do it again if I could but alas, I would have to do it Solo at this point. My DD12 is to young and DD19 is pretty much doing her "own thing" now as far as vacations go and DW would need to stay with DD12.

Maybe in about 4 more years though! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter