The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
_MG_8432-1.jpg
Hello, yes, the reservations desk please. Do you have any Premium sites for Sept 18-30th. You do, that is great, please pencil us in.

1. FortWildernessCamper- Shifted to Oct.
  2. PaHunter (Chris)- September 18-30- Premium
  3. TeamUBR (Jim)- September 16-24- Premium
  4. Tripleb- September 17-23- Full Hook Up
  5. Disneypeach- September 23-?-
  6. Serenitygr- Oct 1-
  7. JayJay8 - Sept 17-27 - Premium
  8. Brad813 - Sept 23-28 - Tent Camping
  9. harriettbrawner - Labor Day Weekend, Sept 16-22
  10. naturegirl - Sept 4-8 Full
  11. PatriciaH - Sept 22- 30
  12. Random Ninja - Sept 23-27 - Tent Camping
  13. Sarubo - Sept 23- Oct 8
  14. GrumpyAggie - Sept 20 - Oct 7
  15. Rxdr2013 - Sept 17 - 21 - Tent Camping
  16. Roobear77 - Sept 26 - Oct 6
  17. neatikimmo - Sept 5 - 12 - Tent Camping
  18. babynursedawn - Sept 13 - 21 Full
  19. 5rookiesDIY - Sept 9 -16
  20. Kornbred - Sept 3 - 9 - Cabins
  21. leggingsmama3 - Sept 6- 16

Last edited:
So for those who are interested, this will be our third trip to the fort in consecutive years. The first one we had our nine year old nephew with us. Last year it was just the DW and I. This trip will also be just the DW and I, and possibly the dog.
This trip will be a bit of a change for us, as our last two trips were at the end of February. So we expect temperatures to be a bit higher than our past two trips. Although the first year it was 90 upon our arrival. We expect there to be a more humid environment than Feb. But we will be able to have full use of the trailer all the way down, in Feb up north you can't dewinterize at -10 below zero, so that will be a plus. I am sure we will have a few new mods to the trailer for this trip, and will post them as they occur. We are just outside our ADR window and will be making them starting later this week. Our trip this time will be a little shorter as we have moved south from our last home, this will cut between 2 and 2 1/2 hours from our travel time.

So again, sit back, relax and wait as I am sure someone will be along to join us in this trip report. I am sure someone will be there before us in Sept and maybe even while we are there during the second half of the month.

We will wave at you as we come in! We're arriving October 1st, coming in from northern Minnesota. :flower1:

Great news Chris. We are also coming in on the 16th (180 days from today according to MDE). Unfortunately we are heading home the weekend before you.

I've already started looking at ADRs. Mostly to make sure we get a fun Character Meal for my niece. Beyond that, I plan on getting the cover off the camper this week and trying to go out somewhere next weekend. The weather doesn't look like it is going to cooperate (severe storms, 70% chance of rain Friday into Saturday), so we may bump it a week. Bought paint and sanding disks and the globes to start on my Mickey lamp. We picked up a milk can at a resale shop last fall.

j

We will be there Sept. 17 - 23. This will be our first Ft. Wilderness stay.
That's great Tripleb. Tell us a little more about you and your trip. You said first time at the Fort. Tent, RV or cabin. Park ninjas or hang at the campground?

Chris,

You may be in for a little weather shock. September is like a slightly less humid August. :-) And "cool" days are the one sin the 80s. That's perfect to me. I've been down twice in February and once in March. 2 of those 3 trips I thought it was too cold, especially in the mornings.

j

Chris - I'll be down around the same time...youngest niece is turning 18 at the end of the month and she just happens to have fall break then so we'll be down on the 23rd for a week. Planning on doing the MNSSHP one nite and HDDR on her birthday! Maybe we'll run into y'all...

Chris, we were at Th Fort this past September from 15-26. I really enjoyed our time there but I like it hot and my sister who joined us is from Texas and heat was not too much for her either. We made sure we took breaks and always had plenty of water.

I especially loved being able to use the pool so much. The pool at The Fort is the best! Sometimes I went for an early morning swim, once swam at night and twice spent several hours. Just sit in the sun, dive in to cool off...and repeat.

View attachment 226642

We had Site 1724.

2016-09-29 14.34.58.jpg

Last edited:
That's great Tripleb. Tell us a little more about you and your trip. You said first time at the Fort. Tent, RV or cabin. Park ninjas or hang at the campground?

Chris,

You may be in for a little weather shock. September is like a slightly less humid August. :-) And "cool" days are the one sin the 80s. That's perfect to me. I've been down twice in February and once in March. 2 of those 3 trips I thought it was too cold, especially in the mornings.

j

Well this year being a longer trip, we may not Park Ninja as much as the past two trips. Actually the 23rd is our day to be at the trailer almost all day, and not even enter the park. DW wants to hit Whisper Canyon Cafe for breakfast, and after Snowmedic's review, sounds good. Then we have planned to hit TE for dinner, but that is not as definitive.

Well this year being a longer trip, we may not Park Ninja as much as the past two trips. Actually the 23rd is our day to be at the trailer almost all day,
We will likely do the parks most days. My sister hasn't been to WDW in over 20 years and has never been to MK. This will be my niece's first trip. A lot depends on how my sister (a little whiny) and my 6 year old niece tolerate the heat and the walking. They may get left at times. :D

I am sort of creating an itinerary from the crowd predictors, but the week we are going is supposed to be 2-3 on weekdays, so I don't think it matters too much. We are pretty flexible and adjust depending on the weather our mood or a whim.

I also promised my sister that we would head to the beach one day so my niece can see the ocean. Another 1st. Tentatively, I have that for Wednesday the 20th, but that will be weather dependent. Saturday the 23rd is our last day at the Fort. We'll definitely try to find you if we haven't earlier in the week.

It looks like there are quite a few people coming down the end of September. Since this is becoming the official September Trip post, you ought to add a list to the first post of who is coming and dates. Like Ed has with the GSP topic. Here's a start.

1. FortWildernessCamper- September 15-26-
  2. PaHunter (Chris)- September 16-30- Premium
  3. TeamUBR (Jim)- September 16-24- Premium
  4. Tripleb- September 17-23-
  5. Disneypeach- September 23-?-
  6. Serenitygr- Oct 1-
j

Teamubr, The wife and I have been going to Disneyworld since 1974. Generally go at least once every 2 years. In the "early" years we stayed in motels off property. As we got older, wiser, and more financially capable, we stay within the park in the Moderate priced motels. This year is obviously different. Our first camper (43 years of marriage) and our first long distance trip and first extended stay in a campground. We are really looking forward to the trip.

We have 4-day Park Hopper passes so most of our time will be spent in the Park(s).

IMAG0093_zpss8ka1iqe.jpg

Our first extended stay in a campground. We are really looking forward to the trip.
Good looking setup. You are going to love the Fort. It will spoil you though.

How far are you coming? I live outside St Louis. Google says it is 1004 miles. That's far enough for me. I know many others come much further.

j

Good looking setup. You are going to love the Fort. It will spoil you though.

How far are you coming? I live outside St Louis. Google says it is 1004 miles. That's far enough for me. I know many others come much further.

j

Not nearly as far as you. We are in the Florida panhandle near the Ft. Walton Beach/Destin area. It's about 420 miles.

Good looking truck and rig, tripleb. Have fun on your first Fort stay.

It won't be your last. :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

We are in the Florida panhandle near the Ft. Walton Beach/Destin area.
Ah. The promised land. I love the panhandle area. We are seriously considering retiring to the panhandle, but that's 10-11 years away.

A little off topic, but there are a bunch of us getting together over Memorial week at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores. You should swing over and introduce yourself. HERE's the topic in the Camping Community Forum.

j

Ah. The promised land. I love the panhandle area. We are seriously considering retiring to the panhandle, but that's 10-11 years away.

A little off topic, but there are a bunch of us getting together over Memorial week at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores. You should swing over and introduce yourself. HERE's the topic in the Camping Community Forum.

j

Yes, it truly is the promised land of Florida :-) And with the Federal Government owning a bunch of land along the beach and inland, I think it will stay the "promised land":)

Thanks for the invite to Gulf Shores Teamubr ... that's a nice area to visit. My wife still works ( I'm retired ) and her days off have to be planned months in advance. Not certain we can make that trip.

BTW, does ubr happen to mean Universal Broadband Router ?

BTW, does ubr happen to mean Universal Broadband Router ?
No, but good guess. UBR is Ukraine Brothers Racing. My DS is adopted from Ukraine. We traveled with another couple who adopted 2 boys from the same orphanage room as my son. I raced sports cars with the other couple for 7 years. One of our first cars had a cool Blues Brothers sticker on it and Ukraine Brothers seemed fitting since the boys were always at the race shop with us. The "Team" part just summed up everything else.

Not to blow this completely off topic, but here's a pic of my first Mustang with our UBR logo on the side. What you can't see is the whole hood had a much larger Team UBR on it. It made for good conversation starters at tracks.

20120415_1996sm.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!