The Running Thread - 2019

QOTD: With football season being over (college with signing day ended this week and NFL) what sporting events are you looking forward to now? College and pro sports?
Well College Basketball is in full swing and I love that. March Madness is the best playoffs in sports. Then of course baseball season is right after that and I couldn’t be more excited for the Brewers potential at another deep playoff run.

I can't remember to keep up with this thread. Dang it, that was supposed to be one of my running resolutions! ha!

ATTQOTD: After finding an official creeper/potential stalker at my regular paved running route last week (0.9 miles around our community center) I'm gonna end up around 90% treadmill this year, as much as I hate it. I'm a solo runner and I have to do what's safest for me.

ATTQOTD part 2: STL Cardinals Baseball!!
Yikes

ATTQOTD: I am a fan of almost all sports, but since my Lakers and Kings (hockey) aren’t lighting it up, I’m most excited about my Angels...because at this point, they are World Series contenders!

Better late than never with this post.. This weekend we have the following folks with races:

09 - @garneska - Cloudland Canyon 50k (8:30:00 / N/A)
09 - @AntimonyER - Savannah Love Chocolate Half Marathon (1:42:00 / N/A)
09 - @KSellers88 - RNR NOLA 5k (NG / N/A)
09 - @QueenFernando - Run 4 Love 4 miler (NG / N/A)
09 - @tigger536 - Cloudland Canyon 50K (6:59:00 / N/A)
09 - @Kazrak - Bay Breeze Half Marathon aka SW Virtual Half (3:00:00 / N/A)
10 - @KSellers88 - RNR NOLA Half Marathon (NG / N/A)
10 - @KevM - Feel the Love 5K (NG / N/A)
10 - @Smilelea - Mercedes Marathon Relay (6.9 miles) (1:34:46 / NA)

Best of luck this weekend to yall! If you need to revise or add a goal, just let me know. Hope you have a great race and I look forward to hearing how it went!

March Madness. I believe I made 83 free brackets last year. I use 538's power predictor rankings which are an aggregate score of several sources: ELO, BPI, Sagarin Predictor, Ken Pom, Sokol's LRMC ratings, Moore's computer rankings, selection committee's S-curve, and preseason rankings. Then take the difference between the two PPR of each team to determine the point spread of the matchups. Use that with a standard deviation of 9.5 to determine a normal distribution of outcomes based on the point spread. Then run a simulation using an Excel file that then randomly generates statistically probable brackets. It all sounds complicated but it's literally a single keystroke in the Excel file as I've designed it to do all the work for me. The goal is to create a normal distribution of brackets. Meaning most will be average, some will be terrible, and hopefully one will be really good. I was a Michigan Championship Game win over Nova away from $1000 on jiffysports out of a couple thousand players last year. I did make prize eligible brackets in a few other games but didn't win the random drawings in those.

screen-shot-2018-04-01-at-8-03-47-am-png.313062

You know, you have a sickness, right? :duck:

We're going to have to find you a trial subscription to OverAnalyzers Anonymous!

It's been a crazy long week! Thankfully it's finally Friday and time for our Fun Friday QOTD: With football season being over (college with signing day ended this week and NFL) what sporting events are you looking forward to now? College and pro sports?

ATTQOTD: I am very excited about how LSU basketball is doing so far this season and should end up in the NCAA tourney, and next weekend is opening week of college baseball! Love this time of year almost as much as I do football season, just so many more games to watch now!

I live in a big 10 town, but do not care for basketball or football which get all the press and money. I am not willing to take my kids to a hockey game with all the profanity. Women's sports are generally more fun to watch and have a more chill fan base. We will be hitting up women's gymnastics this weekend! It is their once a season dress up as a princess meet, and it is quite fun to see all the kids show up. I'm wearing my Enchanted 10K race shirt with Merida, it is as close as I get to princess gear. Tennis is ongoing and soccer, and field hockey will make the rotation when they start back up.

While I love hockey, the Red Wings have been challenging to watch for a bit, and not having television impacts my ability to follow much. F1 is on the calendar and I assume DH will be streaming it all season and I will root against Hamilton.

QOTD: With football season being over (college with signing day ended this week and NFL) what sporting events are you looking forward to now? College and pro sports?

The alpine, nordic, and biatholon world cup seasons are in full swing, so I pay at least marginal attention to those, and the Olympic Channel surely makes it easier to watch them. The EPL Season is going strong and Man Utd is starting to come into better form now that Mourinho is gone. Then July brings the always excited Tour de France.

It's been a crazy long week! Thankfully it's finally Friday and time for our Fun Friday QOTD: With football season being over (college with signing day ended this week and NFL) what sporting events are you looking forward to now? College and pro sports?

The season I care most about is soccer, specifically EPL and Serie A, and those seasons are just about half way through. Come summer the sports I watch most are cycling, track, and triathlon and once we get to the end of the season baseball. I love going to baseball games live and hit a few pro and minor league games a year but the games are too long and boring and the season is way too long for me to follow it closely.

As long as Ferrari aren't garbage I watch F1 but if Mercedes is going to just drive away with it I stop the DVR about half way through.

I'm not a huge sports person, but my wife is eagerly awaiting the start of baseball season. She's already eyeing when spring training games start.

Coming soon: March Madness (watch this space to enter my annual pool), Champions League knockout rounds
Coming later: Premier League title race, Champions League final, Giro
Coming later than later: Le Tour, La Vuelta

I am not big into sports. We won't pay for NESN, where a lot of the Red Sox games are broadcasted. I also find that baseball is boring. We will watch the Premier League as well as any random track events that we stumble across on the weekends. I do not watch March Madness, but I am excited for brackets. We do an office one for fun and last year I picked all my teams based on animal mascots. Cats trumped all other animals and I ended up winning. The guys in my office were fuming :rotfl2:

ATTQOTD: Absolutely nothing. I don't really follow any sports.

My total annual viewing is the Super Bowl, parts of the Boston Marathon, and the college championship game if Georgia is in it.

I do try to make it to a minor league baseball game at least once a year.

ATTQOTD: Um, French Open? (That's tennis, y'all.) But I will only catch a bit of that, even though I love to play. I really don't watch any sports on TV, because I'd rather be playing tennis or running or something... My DH will be watching March Madness, so I'll get some incidental exposure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter