• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2018

Yall have a good team this year, but losing that guy to injury really hurt yalls chances for making a deep run in the tournament this year. But crazy things can happen in March!!!

Completely agree! Pearl has completely turned the basketball program around. I was lucky enough to be in attendance when we beat Kentucky and Alabama and that arena went absolutely nuts! My entire family is from Kentucky, so it is nice to have bragging rights with them at least! I'm much more of a football fan, but my dad loves basketball almost as much as football so he keeps me updated. LOL.

ATTQOTD: what @jennamfeo said. been baseball season for a month in our house :) love spring training, great chance to learn about up and coming names.

Regarding March Madness: I follow it more passively, especially when UCLA isn’t in (agree with @chuckille there). @MoanasPapa and I always put a household bracket head-to-head together, but that’s just for bragging rights.

I can't believe the Beach to Beacon people are making me get up before 7:00 tomorrow morning to register. Don't they know I work at home and I don't roll out of bed until 8 or 8:30!! :)

ATTQOTD:

A little late, but I love March Madness. One of the reasons I'm late to the party. This is the first year since I was about 7 years old that I haven't filled out a bracket. It really was taking the fun out of it for me recently. I want to cheer on the teams I want to win without worrying whether it's "ruining" my bracket. It's all luck anyway.

My Buckeyes won today, but I'm just glad they made the tournament and have a little life in the program again. I'll be rooting for them against Gonzaga, although I'm not holding out much hope since they've already lost to them this year and they'll be playing as close to a true road game as exists in the NCAA Tournament (well, outside of the teams that have to play Duke and UNC in Charlotte or Greensboro every year).

March Madness doesn’t make its way to NZ at all, in graft the term is used to describe Auckland traffic when EVERYONE is back from summer break, including universities (what we call your colleges).

US sports coverage here is mainly NBA especially with Stephen Adams playing for OKC, Super Bowl is becoming a bit of s thing (though it is on a Monday for us) and a bit of Motorsport.

QOTD: A non running question today. Are you a fan of March Madness in general? Do you have a team playing in the NCAA or NIT tournament this year and how do you think they will do?

ATTQOTD: I like the excitement of the tournament, but watching games is a hit or miss for me. This year after a very bad year last year, LSU has made it to the NIT. It's not the big dance, but its a move it the right direction and a great turnaround in the new coaches first year. We played a instate team last night, that really dislikes LSU. For a first round NIT game, the place was rocking last night. Sad I was not able to go, but did get to watch it and it was a exciting game. The SEC has 8 teams in the NCAA this year, but i doubt any of them make it past the sweet 16. Next game for the Tigers is Monday at Utah on ESPNU, which of course we do not have :(

I don't watch. Other than the obvious teams like Duke, I have no idea whose in it or the seeding. Once I got rid of TV these things stopped mattering.

I’m thinking about registering for the BAA 10k - thanks for the good review!

QOtD: not really into college basketball at all.

I did a much longer review on last year's thread I believe. It's such a good race but it does sell out. I would sign up if your even considering before you can't.

Not even going to try and catch up with all the questions! Been off for a few days with DS visiting us from Cali. But a few comments:

Yay, baseball!! Go Giants! :) DH is binge watching TV, knowing that I will be taking it over in a couple weeks, lol! (One TV house.)
Not a basketball fan. Basically not a college sport fan at all, which puts me in the minority living in Arkansas! I tried doing a bracket last year and just guessed at everything and made it to the 3rd round I think. But only because someone else paid for me to enter it, lol.

Completely agree! Pearl has completely turned the basketball program around. I was lucky enough to be in attendance when we beat Kentucky and Alabama and that arena went absolutely nuts! My entire family is from Kentucky, so it is nice to have bragging rights with them at least! I'm much more of a football fan, but my dad loves basketball almost as much as football so he keeps me updated. LOL.

Hmph.

Good Morning! Relative newbie (to the boards, not running or Disney) joining.

Thanks to @run.minnie.miles for suggesting the thread - her description of ‘friendly (and sometimes sassy) bunch’ sold me instantly. This is definitely a thread I will not read from the beginning to catch up on the previous 140+ pages.

ATTQOTD: After losing money year after year in office brackets, I decided I’d rather put that money towards more drinks. I enjoy the hype of March madness, seeing others celebrate or commiserate the wins and losses, but I stay pretty neutral to it otherwise.

Good Morning! Relative newbie (to the boards, not running or Disney) joining.

Thanks to @run.minnie.miles for suggesting the thread - her description of ‘friendly (and sometimes sassy) bunch’ sold me instantly. This is definitely a thread I will not read from the beginning to catch up on the previous 140+ pages.

ATTQOTD: After losing money year after year in office brackets, I decided I’d rather put that money towards more drinks. I enjoy the hype of March madness, seeing others celebrate or commiserate the wins and losses, but I stay pretty neutral to it otherwise.

Welcome! I like @run.minnie.miles' description, seems accurate to me!

Checking in, saying life is great. Took the day off. Went and got a pair of Ghost 10s this morning. Got the 'old man' all grey (Primer Grey, Metallic Charcoal, Ebony according to Brooks). Drank too much beer. Took the shoes out for a hung-over/tipsy shake down run. Shoes fit like a glove, as I knew they would since this is my 14th pair of Ghosts. Glad to say I can hit EB pace, and even approach marathon pace after X+1 beers.

I will leave the algebra up to @Keels to solve for X.

Checking in, saying life is great. Took the day off. Went and got a pair of Ghost 10s this morning. Got the 'old man' all grey (Primer Grey, Metallic Charcoal, Ebony according to Brooks). Drank too much beer. Took the shoes out for a hung-over/tipsy shake down run. Shoes fit like a glove, as I knew they would since this is my 14th pair of Ghosts. Glad to say I can hit EB pace, and even approach marathon pace after X+1 beers.

I will leave the algebra up to @Keels to solve for X.

*Puts on glasses*
*Pulls out calculator*
*Does math*
*Takes glasses off, places on table*
[Deep Breath]
"I can confidently say, without a shadow of a doubt and to the last possible decimal point, that X equals ... all the beers."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter