The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: GO HOGS! Wooo Pig Sooie..... Even though I expect them to probably lose tomorrow, or to Purdue. I think both teams are bad match-ups for the Hogs.

Yes, I will be watching a whole lot of basketball over the next couple of days. Even though the SEC is considered good this year, I agree that most, if not all, will not make the sweet 16.

We are not basketball fans, but do usually watch at least part of the tournament. My husband is usually in a bracket somewhere. College basketball is fun to watch though and the excitement is infectious and it's always fun to root for that Cinderella team.

QOTD: A non running question today. Are you a fan of March Madness in general? Do you have a team playing in the NCAA or NIT tournament this year and how do you think they will do?

Love it - today is definitely a Top 3 Sports Day for me. My friends and I usually post up at a bar and watch all day long!

This year is different, though ... I’m actually going to watch my team play in the Dallas regional tonight! #WreckEm

QOTD: A non running question today. Are you a fan of March Madness in general? Do you have a team playing in the NCAA or NIT tournament this year and how do you think they will do?

I used to be a much bigger fan of March Madness. I've got a bracket picked as part of a "team building" at work, and will be following all the games loosely for that, but... As an NC State Wolfpack fan, I find I can't watch them play basketball without deleterious effects to my mood and heart health. Players and coaches change, but the @#$#@$ that they pull and have happen to them is constant. There's even a local term for it. I'll be watching the results of the tournament pulling for State to go far and Carolina to fail as ignominiously as possible (Murray State, I still love you!).

I love watching some March Madness. I'll have the CBS website up on my computer this afternoon while working, and then watch some of the games later this evening.

Our team, Florida State, is in. I think they have a good chance of winning their first game, but will probably be bounced out by Xavier in the round of 32.

My alma mater won their conference for the first time and made the Division III playoffs (unclear whether that was for the first time) and the NCAA had to rearrange schedules for them ... and then they lost in the first round.
That's the extent of my interest in college sports. And even that was a stretch for me.

My favorite high school basketball tournament starts today, though. Back in the day my sister used to host a big weekend centered around the tournament and we went to a lot of games, but for the past few years I've just been following along online.

Also, your boy Will Wade got HEATED with that ULL coach last night. As an SEC fan, I got a kick out of it. Will's definitely got some fire in his veins. Glad you guys won that one.

The ULL coach deserved every bit of it. All week he talked about how they should be hosting because they had more wins and higher RPI. They have 0 wins against top 100 RPI and the same for first quadrant. Also SOS was very bad for them. He also spook poorly of our arena, and that we are scared to play them. Wade had loops of his comments playing in the locker room since Tuesday. Also included how our big men are soft.... the same guy who had 20+ points 10 boards and so on. The guy knows how to gain support, and he knew this game meant more than the first round of the NIT on a local level. He called a timeout with 10 seconds to go with the game in hand... why? He said "Well they don't get a chance to play us much, so I figured I would let them enjoy it a little bit." He also had a few other nice quotes post game. The guy is just what our basketball program need, and with a top 3 recruiting class coming in next year, they better give that man whatever he ask for and open the check book to retain him. He could, and on his way to becoming the GOAT basketball coach at LSU.

Even though the SEC is considered good this year, I agree that most, if not all, will not make the sweet 16.

Some of the match-up / brackets do not line up well for the teams in. Like you said, its a up year for the SEC, but very unlikely to win it all.

Nope, not a college basketball fan but married to a huge fan and live in a city full of them. Despite not loving it, go Xavier.

I seem to train all year, just at different intensities . I hate taking too long off because it is like starting over. I generally take it easier in the summer, specifically the month of July. That is when we take our big vacation and I don’t want to be tied down with serious trading. My fall marathon training cycle is more condensed than the spring.

@LSUlakes , I have an undecided race for Sunday. It is the Heart Mini Marathon. I usually do the half marathon but thought about doing the 15K. I am really trying to let my leg heal and not sure a hard hm would be a good idea. I haven’t done a lot of race prep, so it would definitely be no PR quality race. Since it benefits American Heart, they take registrations up until race time.

ATTQOTD: we aren’t big basketball fans in this house. If we are looking for something to watch, we will watch it but it’s not a necessity. We are mostly football and hockey fans.

Attqotd: I like basketball but I'm the only fan in my house, so I don't get to watch much. I do use March Madness as a teaching tool in class when I'm teaching data and stats which happens to be this week :). I also used Len Testa's interview in the Dis this week as well for teaching statistical questions.

I am a UCLA fan but this season has been a disaster. From the China trip debacle with 3 kids shoplifting to losing in the play-in game, UCLA has been a disappointment. I’ll still follow the tournament but it’s lost its luster over the past few years. With the big players going to the pros so early and the recruiting scandals recently, the NCAA (not the players) just seems a bit sleazy.

DIE HARD! Unfortunately no Wisconsin teams are in the NCAA tournament this year. We do have Marquette in the NIT though and they won last night against Harvard. Today I am skipping class (Don't tell anyone) and watching all the games from start to finish. We have a big basement/man cave with 5 TVs. I am ready to go!

I love March Madness! The first four days of the tournament are perfectly made for sitting in a bar watching multiple TVs at once. Speaking of March Madness, there's still time to enter my pool. :)

http://www.thesengers.net/pool

Go Blue!

Didn't they do that once with Runner's World?

They did! They offered everyone who paid for the VIP pass entry into a high corral, maybe B?

ATTQOTD: March Madness is one of my favorite sporting events. I've got 73 brackets in all online free contests. Made them using random probability and power stats from 538. Hoping for one great bracket so I can snag me a grand prize! Of the 73 randomly generated (from probability) brackets, only 2 had the same Final Four, Championship, and Champion. So a very diversified portfolio.

ATTQOTD: I enjoy March Madness. College basketball is fun to watch. I just finished up my bracket about an hour ago, hoping my beloved Michigan State Spartans can go all the way!!!

It's been a interesting day as a WDW fan. A nice melt about the parking fees and I had my moment about it as well, and realized theirs nothing I can do that will change it because I am still going to go. Glad I booked by two trips already for 2018 though. The 2019 trip for the marathon is not safe from this one though. OR I dont think it will be.

I was so bummed to hear this. We've been driving the last few family trips, so another added cost. I guess I'll be using parking fees in my argument to DH on why we should fly next time!

ATTQOTD: Love watching the tournament and will be cheering on the Wolfpack today! Being the cynical NC State fan that I am, I am not super optimistic they will make it out of the weekend but will be cheering the most on anyways.

ATTQOTD: I am apparently the odd one out. College football is much more important to me and to the people where I live. I am participating in a contest at work, but I have Kentucky and Duke as the final two and apparently they are not very good this year. :confused3 Auburn is in it, but I don't expect them to make it very far. War Eagle anyway, LOL!

ATTQOTD: My beloved Georgia Bulldogs are currently looking for a new basketball coach, so I’m only semi-interested in the tournament— basically just enough to make a semi-intelligent comment or two. I have two sports-obsessed teen boys enjoying their last few days of spring break, so lots of basketball discussions lately. My oldest (17) has several NC schools on his college list, so I guess that’s who I’m pulling for.

Honestly, I’m much more of a pro basketball fan. Seriously concerned about my beloved San Antonio Spurs this season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter