The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an interesting question, I would think as it will be run as basically an omni-mover - to be expecting that kind of pace. Depending on time of day, lines may be a bit heavy.

I am curious also, if the rumors are true that Disney wants to completely get away from Busing. If so, there will have to be some more different forms of transportation coming as well for where Monorail and Gondola traffic does not reach.
Disney won’t be getting rid of bussing anytime soon even if they want too.

It is an interesting question, I would think as it will be run as basically an omni-mover - to be expecting that kind of pace. Depending on time of day, lines may be a bit heavy.

I am curious also, if the rumors are true that Disney wants to completely get away from Busing. If so, there will have to be some more different forms of transportation coming as well for where Monorail and Gondola traffic does not reach.

I thought there are studies being done on driverless vehicles going from node to node. Not sure if that means it will be a pure EV, but I think it is possible if rolled out as a pilot study.

I thought there are studies being done on driverless vehicles going from node to node. Not sure if that means it will be a pure EV, but I think it is possible if rolled out as a pilot study.
I have heard this as well, I also believe they are looking at other forms to get to other parks like AK and such, but no idea what those forms are other than NOT monorail or Gondola

I have heard this as well, I also believe they are looking at other forms to get to other parks like AK and such, but no idea what those forms are other than NOT monorail or Gondola
Driverless technology is definitely present but far from being proven as a viable alternative. Just my opinion but it’s at least 5 to 10 years from being commercially viable

Driverless technology is definitely present but far from being proven as a viable alternative. Just my opinion but it’s at least 5 to 10 years from being commercially viable

I work in the autonomous vehicles (for commercial use) market, and it's a technology being used today. Not 5-10 years from now.

Is the Skyliner going to be air conditioned or not? I heard no, so I wanted to check.
No, there will be reflective glass and vents to keep the temperature the same as the outdoor temperature.

I'm not questioning that, I'm just curious how fast/slow the onboarding and offboarding is going to be.
On boarding and off boarding of gondola systems is always very quick, with the exception of those that are disabled and by all reports, Disney has solved this issue by having a separate load area for those that are disabled and need more time.

Overall a gondola system should be able to handle many more people per hour than say the monorails or buses.

The reality is that Florida has a ton of projects going on. Four years ago there wasn't even a sniff of it.

If at this point they announced Brazil or any other major project, I would be thoroughly amazed(in a good way).
I would think that if they do announce something, then that might indicate that current projects are giving off vibes of sticking to budget. If there is anything I want out of disney is to just fulfill current projects in their full splendor. I don't want to see budget hacked stuff, or half complete stuff.

As much as I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see Brazil, I'd rather see the money go into getting futureworld back into prime shape.

Okay this is just my opinion.....
But what if to get the fox deal approved, WDW had to have a Brazilian Pavilion that Disney paid for? Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Now to reality. IF and I will continue to say IF this does get done, I wonder what the major hold up was, as this was supposedly at one time to be announced at the last D23 I believe.

Okay this is just my opinion.....
But what if to get the fox deal approved, WDW had to have a Brazilian Pavilion that Disney paid for? Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Now to reality. IF and I will continue to say IF this does get done, I wonder what the major hold up was, as this was supposedly at one time to be announced at the last D23 I believe.
It's suppose to be by the african outpost right? Wonder if the Illuminations replacement was priority for time and logistically for space.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter