The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be the most efficient transportation system on property.

And the most private, depending on time of day and party size-heck I can see couples going themselves many times throughout the day.

And the best visuals.

I find it hard to believe the gondola resorts are going to be that much better because of that transportation option. I dunno, they seem more cumbersome than a bus ride. But I've not given it much thought.

Obviously will have to wait and see for sure, but should be much smoother as more continual loading vs waiting for a bus and won’t need to fold up strollers or anything

But now it begs the question, at least for me, when do we expect to see another new-and-true value resort come online on WDW property? I think there is a market gap seeing what Uni is doing with Endless Summer.

I don’t think they ever will (or not for a long time) .... I think they view the Disney Springs hotels that they expanded out the 60 day FP and EMH hours to as their “additionally value resorts”

So I was listening to Disney Dish and they were discussing how Riviera is intended to be GF South (supposedly). Does this mean more deluxe resorts near EPCOT and will that affect pricing of moderates?
The thing about the GF is it's an actual Deluxe hotel nt a DVC property. Apples and oranges.

Obviously will have to wait and see for sure, but should be much smoother as more continual loading vs waiting for a bus and won’t need to fold up strollers or anything

In theory I agree with you. I'm just curious how much traffic is created at the loading/unloading hubs. You guys are smarter than me with this stuff. My experience at the parks has been pretty good with the bus system.

I'm thinking Value hotels will be the thing of the past. I think we've seen as much capacity as Disney is willing to invest in that level of service.

Sad fact is, they are getting more than enough people on property, and they have moved on to extracting every last cent from those folks. That means you need the deluxe market, and when you run out of them, you want the people between deluxe and moderate. Then you want the moderate, and discount moderate folks.

Disney want the through put. They aren't content to just get you in the door. They want you to buy food, overpriced beverages and merchandise. They want you to pay for extra experiences.

Sadly, I think the values are dinosaurs on their way to extinction.

I'm thinking Value hotels will be the thing of the past. I think we've seen as much capacity as Disney is willing to invest in that level of service.

Sad fact is, they are getting more than enough people on property, and they have moved on to extracting every last cent from those folks. That means you need the deluxe market, and when you run out of them, you want the people between deluxe and moderate. Then you want the moderate, and discount moderate folks.

Disney want the through put. They aren't content to just get you in the door. They want you to buy food, overpriced beverages and merchandise. They want you to pay for extra experiences.

Value pricing is but the hotels themselves aren’t going anywhere. Disney has learned they can charge a lot for not much (In amenities) and I don’t think that will change anytime soon.

I don't think you'll see a drastic change in pricing unless demand is there and you see people hammering those resorts while the others are not being requested.

edit to add:

Using All-Star Movies as an example, their average rate is in the mid 100s, Peaking at 200 or so and dropping to 120s during value season.

Do I suspect you could get away with an extra 10% from Peak to Value? Maybe. But that extra 12-20$ a night isn't going to keep people away. No one will notice except people like us who look at these things.

A moderate is priced similarly in the 200's peaking at low 300s and down into low/mid 200s. I don't think you can price the values into the mid 2's close to 3's. Even 50% increase is killer.

Last edited:
I don't think you'll see a drastic change in pricing unless demand is there and you see people hammering those resorts while the others are not being requested.

edit to add:

Using All-Star Movies as an example, their average rate is in the mid 100s, Peaking at 200 or so and dropping to 120s during value season.

Do I suspect you could get away with an extra 10% from Peak to Value? Maybe. But that extra 12-20$ a night isn't going to keep people away. No one will notice except people like us who look at these things.

A moderate is priced similarly in the 200's peaking at low 300s and down into low/mid 200s. I don't think you can price the values into the mid 2's close to 3's. Even 50% increase is killer.

...sort of off topic but how amazing would a Villains themed Value resort be? It would be a big seller!

Throughput could mean families will have more disposable budget for the consumables if they can price in the values accordingly (or at least I think that). It goes back to something I think has been researched by Disney Marketing; there is more money gained by non-value resorts even factoring in ancillary purchases.

I am also saddened by this since I have friends/family that want to visit WDW, but are lapsing between vacations/trips. I believe that if they did build that true value resort (and include 2 bedroom suites), then the frequency of return visitors would be higher. It's just my thinking and have no data to support it.

So we are approaching the 1 Year mark of the rumor that Disney had ordered a new monorail fleet. I haven’t seen any confirmation of this, does anyone know if they ordered the new fleet. I just can’t see the fleet they have now lasting another ten years.

So we are approaching the 1 Year mark of the rumor that Disney had ordered a new monorail fleet. I haven’t seen any confirmation of this, does anyone know if they ordered the new fleet. I just can’t see the fleet they have now lasting another ten years.
Disney has yet to confirm or say anything. Rumors point to potential new trains beginning to arrive in 2020.

I find it hard to believe the gondola resorts are going to be that much better because of that transportation option. I dunno, they seem more cumbersome than a bus ride. But I've not given it much thought.

They will be faster, because they take a more direct route and there is no traffic or traffic lights. They are also omni movers, so there should be less waiting to get on. There are also stroller, EVC, and wheelchair friendly, so no more waiting while the bus driver gets out, lowers the ramp, drivers the EVC on, straps it down, raises the ramp, etc.

They will be the most efficient transportation system on property.

Agreed.

They will be faster, because they take a more direct route and there is no traffic or traffic lights. They are also omni movers, so there should be less waiting to get on. There are also stroller, EVC, and wheelchair friendly, so no more waiting while the bus driver gets out, lowers the ramp, drivers the EVC on, straps it down, raises the ramp, etc.

Agreed.

I'm not questioning that, I'm just curious how fast/slow the onboarding and offboarding is going to be.

I'm not questioning that, I'm just curious how fast/slow the onboarding and offboarding is going to be.
It is an interesting question, I would think as it will be run as basically an omni-mover - to be expecting that kind of pace. Depending on time of day, lines may be a bit heavy.

I am curious also, if the rumors are true that Disney wants to completely get away from Busing. If so, there will have to be some more different forms of transportation coming as well for where Monorail and Gondola traffic does not reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter