*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

After over 2 years of looking and longing we signed up for our first ever dvc contract today. 150 points at vgf whilst on holiday from the UK. Can’t wait to actually use our points 🥰. Last full day of our holiday tomorrow though 🤣
Aww qwerty2k sorry that your stay is almost over, but the best bit about buying in is that you know you’ll be back! We also succumbed to GFV charm last Easter and although we also own at SSR, DH and I LOVE our GFV contract. Beautiful resort and proximity to MK fireworks viewing from the resort make it a winner.

If anyone onsite has time - we'd really appreciate a photo of how the Polynesian construction looks from the Grand Floridian DVC rooms - we are usually fine with a Standard view, but concerned the construction view will ruin the magic. If it's far away enough, maybe it will just be interesting lol. Thanks!!

If anyone onsite has time - we'd really appreciate a photo of how the Polynesian construction looks from the Grand Floridian DVC rooms - we are usually fine with a Standard view, but concerned the construction view will ruin the magic. If it's far away enough, maybe it will just be interesting lol. Thanks!!
I wouldn't worry about it. The Poly tower site is somewhat at a distance from VGF1.

The standard view VGF1 villas overlook the monorail or the GF grounds mostly, anyway.

I don't think you'd see much of the site from the resort studios either but don't really know. Haven't ever stayed there.

I wouldn't worry about it. The Poly tower site is somewhat at a distance from VGF1.

The standard view VGF1 villas overlook the monorail or the GF grounds mostly, anyway.

I don't think you'd see much of the site from the resort studios either but don't really know. Haven't ever stayed there.

You will definitely see it with a lake view at the resort studios, not sure that would be a big deal though, esp at night

I'd like to see some recent photos also, so hopefully someone will post some. However, you can kind of get an idea what the views may be like from these photos, where you can see VGF in the background: Polynesian Tower Construction Update - March 2023. I think lower floors will probably be okay but any of the higher floors will see the construction. We have a trip in the fall planned and I'm sure the whole tower will be vertical by then. I'm planning on requesting a room facing the resort grounds (the fountain and the beach pool) however I know there's a chance that I'll end up at the front of the building with a construction view. That risk doesn't bother me enough to want to switch resorts though.

Hi all! We stayed at this resort in December in a resort studio and loved it so much we bought a third DVC contract, right here! We have a deluxe studio booked for January and cannot wait! 🤗🤗🤗
:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll be happy to add you to Page 1!

After over 2 years of looking and longing we signed up for our first ever dvc contract today. 150 points at vgf whilst on holiday from the UK. Can’t wait to actually use our points 🥰. Last full day of our holiday tomorrow though 🤣
:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll be happy to add you to the Owners List.

We haven't been home to VGF1 since the refurb.

Did it get those new Keurig/coffeemaker duos? I've read those require cone rather than basket filters for the coffeemaker.

Our machine uses the cone ones so bringing those will be simple if necessary now.

We prefer our usual coffee to the Joffrey's pouches or Keurig.

Did it get those new Keurig/coffeemaker duos? I've read those require cone rather than basket filters for the coffeemaker.

Our machine uses the cone ones so bringing those will be simple if necessary now.

My coffee maker in my 1 br. in Dec. was not a duo, just the regular basket type - I suspect the studios may have Keurigs tho’ because they supplied both the pouches and Keurig pods of coffee, which I thought was funny because I had no way to make coffee w/ the Keurig pods in the 1 br. 😂. My resort studio in the new building had a Keurig, no duo.

My coffee maker in my 1 br. in Dec. was not a duo, just the regular basket type

Oh, good! We'll be in a 1br, and I've a ton of the basket style.
- I suspect the studios may have Keurigs tho’ because they supplied both the pouches and Keurig pods of coffee, which I thought was funny because I had no way to make coffee w/ the Keurig pods in the 1 br. 😂.

Not a concern as we're too spoiled by the VGF 1br to want to book a studio anymore. :snooty:

Thanks for the info, though. May be useful for someone considering a studio stay in one or the other.

Maybe pack a few cone filters. We had one in an SSR 2BR. A different SSR 2BR had a flat basket. So they don't seem to be consistent in their purchasing. Of course in a pinch you can make either work if that's what you have.

Maybe pack a few cone filters. We had one in an SSR 2BR. A different SSR 2BR had a flat basket. So they don't seem to be consistent in their purchasing. Of course in a pinch you can make either work if that's what you have.
Good idea.

Silly me for not considering that the VGF1 coffeemakers that brew their last might be replaced by the dual coffeemaker/Keurig. DUH, Dot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter