*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Maybe pack a few cone filters. We had one in an SSR 2BR. A different SSR 2BR had a flat basket. So they don't seem to be consistent in their purchasing. Of course in a pinch you can make either work if that's what you have.
We had a Cuisinart coffee maker back in September in our pre-refurb BRV 2BR. It took a cone filter. They've all been replaced with the Keurig Duo's, but there might be others floating around in villas awaiting refurb at other resorts.

Do people think noise will be a problem at the GF villas early next year as the polynesia tower goes vertical?
It is extremely vertical right now. I am sitting here watching the construction and my guess is that some of the concrete panels are what I would consider to be the 9th or 10th floor. By next year I'm pretty sure it will be mostly inside work happening with probably some exterior cosmetic work.

Never been to GF. Usually stay at Villas at other resorts. We are doing resort studio with two beds. We usually have 1 bed and a couch. Anyone experience these rooms with just two people? Is it weird with 2 beds in there lol

Been a LONG time since I stayed in a room with 2 beds. Had me thinking about changing to VGF 1 but the theming is too much to pass by with the new rooms. Hopefully its not to noisy with the some thin wall comments I use to hear.

Never been to GF. Usually stay at Villas at other resorts. We are doing resort studio with two beds. We usually have 1 bed and a couch. Anyone experience these rooms with just two people? Is it weird with 2 beds in there lol

Been a LONG time since I stayed in a room with 2 beds. Had me thinking about changing to VGF 1 but the theming is too much to pass by with the new rooms. Hopefully its not to noisy with the some thin wall comments I use to hear.
I have stayed in these rooms twice over the past 6 months. I absolutely love them! Didn’t experience noise issues either, but since many of them have connecting doors to the next studio, I’ve heard that if you tuck a towel underneath that door it can help minimize.

It is extremely vertical right now. I am sitting here watching the construction and my guess is that some of the concrete panels are what I would consider to be the 9th or 10th floor. By next year I'm pretty sure it will be mostly inside work happening with probably some exterior cosmetic work.
Yeek. Any photos of what it looks like in relation to the surroundings?

Sounds like Poly Tower work may be primarily indoors by the time we're at VGF1 in early May.

It is a bit concerning to learn there's lots of cart traffic at the GF, though. I'm hoping the construction company will have less need for traffic at the GF when we're there. DH needs his afternoon naps and is a very light sleeper.

We considered switching to BWV when initially planning our stay but feared both our homes would be tied up in construction "fun." Lucky us! That's addonitis encouraging us to buy into another resort, I'm certain. 😉

Oh, well. We'll cope, and coping at Disney sure beats doing that elsewhere.

Sounds like Poly Tower work may be primarily indoors by the time we're at VGF1 in early May.

It is a bit concerning to learn there's lots of cart traffic at the GF, though. I'm hoping the construction company will have less need for traffic at the GF when we're there. DH needs his afternoon naps and is a very light sleeper.

We considered switching to BWV when initially planning our stay but feared both our homes would be tied up in construction "fun." Lucky us! That's addonitis encouraging us to buy into another resort, I'm certain. 😉

Are you talking this May - 2023? They've only begun to go vertical with one portion of the Poly building. If you check the concept art, there are still a lot more sections that need to go up yet. They won't be working on the indoor portions until next year likely.

May 2024 more likely lol

Where the Poly Tower is currently VS. concept art:
(A long way to go yet. They've only begun a small part of the middle section so far...)

dvc-polynesian-march-2023-construction-0010.jpg

polynesian-Disney-Vacation-Club-.jpeg

I was thinking of upgrading to a lake view for the resort studios in the coming months. Currently have a normal view. Does it make sense with the Poly Construction? I want a nice view, but I assume at night, you can't really see anything by the construction site, so should be nice seeing the tikis at the poly?

Any help would be great

Where the Poly Tower is currently VS. concept art:
(A long way to go yet. They've only begun a small part of the middle section so far...)

dvc-polynesian-march-2023-construction-0010.jpg

polynesian-Disney-Vacation-Club-.jpeg
I was gonna say earlier that they have 4 levels of the elevator/stair core done and a few additional panels in place. Not sure how anyone can get “9th or 10th floor” out of that.

I was gonna say earlier that they have 4 levels of the elevator/stair core done and a few additional panels in place. Not sure how anyone can get “9th or 10th floor” out of that.
Not to mention the fact there are still many more wings that haven't started to go vertical yet. From the concept art, maybe 1/10th of the entire building has gone vertical?

Sorry if I'm repeating a question--Has the GF lobby refurb begun yet, anybody know?

I think I saw someone somewhere say main building work starting today, March 1.

We're arriving May 6 and are hoping the lobby will be done before then.
If I could guess, I would think that they would wait until Easter / Spring Break crowds are over before they start. It would make sense that they'd try to get it done before November. The lobby is such a big draw at Christmas, so May-Oct timeline seems most likely? Hopefully it won't take that long, though.

If I could guess, I would think that they would wait until Easter / Spring Break crowds are over before they start.

Good guess, I expect.

Silly of me not to have thought about the Easter egg display being in place currently. They'd hardly want to disrupt that with the lobby refurb.:confused3

I do hope they don't start until after Mother's Day, which seems likely. We'll have been and gone by then.

So how is the construction noise for those staying at the villas? Is there a lot of fencing around that area, or is that area spared? If walking towards the main part of the GF resort, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter