The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Then I'm not sure why we are even having this debate? 5 days is enough for you. Others would like more. We've never been and want to take everything in and enjoy the resort we bought into.
I didn’t intend for it to be a debate. I intended for it to be an inquiry that would lead to a conversation between various posters.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Last edited:

So I got a call from someone at the hotel this morning regarding my "not so magical" experiences this week. She wanted to know what she could do to make it magical. Maybe if you'd contacted me 3 days ago when I first emailed you, you could've made me happier, but waiting until I'm literally 30 minutes from leaving the resort doesn't give you many options.

After explaining the issues, she didn't seem particular surprised. She did at least apologize. When I asked about MBs, her answer was odd. She said that they don't have that capability right now and blamed it on the City of Anaheim. What? She did say they're working on it. Not sure how much I believe that, but we'll see.

For those of you have stayed in a Duo Studio, what would you do for a 9 night stay (we are a couple in our 30s/40s):
  1. Do 9 nights in a Garden Duo Studio
  2. Do 9 nights in a Non-Garden Duo Studio
  3. Split 4 nights in a Non-Garden Duo Studio and 5 nights in a Non-Garden Deluxe studio
My vote would be either 1 or 3. 1 if you hate split stays. The 2 duo rooms I’ve stayed in so far were both without a balcony and I don’t think I can do them for anything other than short stays. Wedgeout loved his garden duo and I’m hoping to love it when I check in tomorrow as well. I personally like split stays especially with no mousekeeping so I get fresh sheets and supplies every 4-5 days. For WDW it works beautifully because I’ll switch from monorail to Epcot area too. I’ve never split stay in the same resort before too. Either way, I am envious of this trip you’re going to have!! 😍

We are considering doing a one bedroom for our trip, but I'm hesitating a bit since I saw a YouTube video saying not all one bedrooms have balconies (not even sure if that's accurate though). Is that the case even with preferred view one bedrooms? This would be for our belated 10 year anniversary, so the extra splurge of the one bedroom definitely seems worth it. We are big balcony/outdoor space people, so we were initially thinking about a garden studio villa, but the soaking tub in the one bedroom is calling my name!

We are considering doing a one bedroom for our trip, but I'm hesitating a bit since I saw a YouTube video saying not all one bedrooms have balconies (not even sure if that's accurate though). Is that the case even with preferred view one bedrooms? This would be for our belated 10 year anniversary, so the extra splurge of the one bedroom definitely seems worth it. We are big balcony/outdoor space people, so we were initially thinking about a garden studio villa, but the soaking tub in the one bedroom is calling my name!
All 1BR have balconies.

For those of you have stayed in a Duo Studio, what would you do for a 9 night stay (we are a couple in our 30s/40s):
  1. Do 9 nights in a Garden Duo Studio
  2. Do 9 nights in a Non-Garden Duo Studio
  3. Split 4 nights in a Non-Garden Duo Studio and 5 nights in a Non-Garden Deluxe studio
We opted for option 3. We would have done option 1 but what we had reserved was the accessible room. I would have no issues doing that if we were well within the 7 month mark, but we decided we weren't comfortable doing it with more than 7 months to go.

Decided that on day 4 we'd be getting a full cleaning anyway so would have to be out of the room for a while in the afternoon anyway, so switching rooms isn't really any more of a hassle (beyond packing / unpacking).

We might try to change the first 4 nights in the Duo Studio to a Deluxe Studio when we hit the 7 month mark and we can use some of our SSR points.

For such a long stay, I'd suggest the format that includes a balcony if you can grab it. We found the Duo, even for just two nights, more cramped than we expected.

That said ... my tip for surviving Duo studio stays: Use the big desks in the Discovery Den if you need an hour or two of "really good laptop time" (aka 'work'). The Discovery Den desks have power on the desk -- it is easy to plug in your devices w/out searching for outlets on the floor or wall.

The Den is sooooo nice ... do bring your noise cancelling headphones to help block out everything not related to your work. ;-)

We opted for option 3. We would have done option 1 but what we had reserved was the accessible room. I would have no issues doing that if we were well within the 7 month mark, but we decided we weren't comfortable doing it with more than 7 months to go.

Decided that on day 4 we'd be getting a full cleaning anyway so would have to be out of the room for a while in the afternoon anyway, so switching rooms isn't really any more of a hassle (beyond packing / unpacking).

We might try to change the first 4 nights in the Duo Studio to a Deluxe Studio when we hit the 7 month mark and we can use some of our SSR points.
Good decision! I believe it’s been brought up but for garden view people you’ll have to really like Disney music. It starts exactly at 9am and can definitely hear it with the doors closed. Guess no afternoon naps for me! 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter