The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

7/27 Damage Report

Curious how much people booked today? I have an update for you!

At 7:10am PT this morning, I finally was able to get the booking site to work and instead of booking anything like everyone else overwhelming Disney's systems, I captured the inventory state of all rooms except the Accessible rooms (there's too many categories for my manual process).

At 7:15pm PT this evening, I repeated the process.

And then I did some work to compare them.

Overall - 7am
While I wasn't the first one on the site and my process of 'capturing' inventory levels in bulk was initially a little slow, I was able to observe that there were ~4,500 room-nights available across all categories (including GV-HA, but not other HA) until 2/27/24 (7m mark), as of 7:10am PT. I think it's reasonable to say that we started the day with over 5,000 room-nights available consider I likely missed a bunch of bookings earlier in the morning.

The ~4,500 I measured works out to about 29.5 rooms available per night prior to the 7m mark.

But those 4,500 room-nights were not evenly distributed. 22 of the 153 nights were completely sold out across all categories and an additional 15 nights had 2 or fewer rooms available across all categories. In total, there were 1,151 sold out category-nights (i.e., if all 1BR are sold out for 3 nights in a row, that's 3 category-nights), an average of 7.5 category-nights per night of the 11 categories I monitored. Some categories were very hard to book, the non-HA Grand Villa was impossible as it's yet to be declared.

Overall - 7pm
Inventory certainly was reduced.

At 7:15pm PT, just ~1,375 rooms were available within the 7m booking window. The ~3,125 rooms booked reduced available inventory by ~70% from what I measured earlier in the day.

Totally sold out nights increased from 22 to 38.

Nights with 2 or fewer rooms available increased from 37 to 87, more than half of the 153 nights between 9/28 and 2/27.

1,368 category-nights are now sold out, out of a possible 1,683.

By Category
Duo Studios

• At 7am
    • 260 room-nights available before 7m
      • 1.7/night
    • 938 room-nights available after 7m
      • 7.2/night
    • 313 category-nights were sold out before 7m
      • 2.05/night (of 3)
    • 65 category-nights sold out after 7m
      • 0.50/night (of 3)
  • At 7pm
    • 82 room-nights available before 7m (178 room-nights booked)
      • 0.54/night
    • 905 room-nights available after 7m (33 room-nights booked)
      • 6.9/night
    • 400 category-nights sold out before 7m, of 459
      • Only 59 category-nights still have inventory in the Duos group
    • 74 category-nights sold out after 7m
      • 48 of these are Garden rooms
In short: these look like they'll be hard to book at 7m, and appear to be more popular with owners than I was expecting. Maybe demand shifts to Deluxe Studios over time (and as Magical Beginnings 'starter penalty' wears off), maybe not!

Deluxe Studios
  • At 7am
    • ~4,120 room-nights available before 7m
      • 26.8/night
    • ~10,250 room-nights available after 7m
      • 78.3/night
    • 208 category-nights were sold out before 7m (126 were Garden rooms)
      • 1.36/night (of 3)
    • 41 category-nights sold out after 7m, all Garden rooms
      • 0.27/night (of 3)
  • At 7pm
    • ~1,200 room-nights available before 7m (~2,900 room-nights booked)
      • 7.8/night
    • ~10,050 room-nights available after 7m (200 room-nights booked)
      • 76.7/night
    • 338 category-nights sold out before 7m, of 459. Garden was again more sold out.
    • 51 category-nights sold out after 7m. 50 of the 51 were Garden rooms.
In short: non-owners hoping to book Deluxe Studios at 7m will probably be in luck. I was personally surprised by the balance in demand for Standard and Preferred Views, usually us DVCers book the thriftier versions more aggressively, but both PV and SV have similar-ish availability (PV is more available).

1-Bedrooms / 2-Bedroom Lock-offs
All non-HA 1-Bedrooms are part of 2BRLOs, and 1BR inventory was such that it was always the limiting factor in 2BRLO inventory, so I've combined them.
  • At 7am
    • 16 room-nights available before 7m
      • 0.1/night
    • 397 room-nights available after 7m
      • 3.0/night
    • 139 category-nights were sold out before 7m (of 153)
      • 0.91/night (of 1)
    • 12 category-nights sold out after 7m (of 131)
      • 0.092/night (of 1)
  • At 7pm
    • 2 room-nights available before 7m (14 room-nights booked)
      • 0.01/night
    • 377 room-nights available after 7m (20 room-nights booked)
      • 2.88/night
    • 151 category-nights sold out before 7m, of 153.
    • 16 category-nights sold out after 7m, of 131
In short: while there are more 1BRs than Garden Duos or Garden Deluxe Studios (combined), 1BRs have been more in demand than either Garden category.

Dedicated 2-Bedrooms
  • At 7am
    • 13 room-nights available before 7m
      • 0.08/night
    • 317 room-nights available after 7m
      • 2.34/night
    • 142 category-nights were sold out before 7m (of 153)
      • 0.93/night (of 1)
    • 17 category-nights sold out after 7m (of 131)
      • 0.13/night (of 1)
  • At 7pm
    • 2 room-nights available before 7m (11 room-nights booked)
      • 0.01/night
    • 299 room-nights available after 7m (18 room-nights booked)
      • 2.28/night
    • 151 category-nights sold out before 7m, of 153.
    • 19 category-nights sold out after 7m, of 131
In short: same situation as the 1BRs, while there are more 2BRs than Garden Duos or Garden Deluxe Studios (combined), 2BRs have been more in demand than either Garden category.

3-Bedroom Grand Villas
Only the wheelchair accessible Grand Villa has been declared. And due to there only being 1 GV declared of the 2 GVs total, I'm going to treat them as single category.
  • At 7am
    • 96 room-nights available before 7m
      • 0.63/night (of 1)
    • 119 room-nights available after 7m
      • 0.91/night (of 1)
  • At 7pm
    • 91 room-nights available before 7m (just 5 room-nights booked)
      • 0.59/night (of 1)
    • 108 room-nights available after 7m (11 room-nights booked)
      • 0.82/night
In short: seems like being hidden behind a non-default search option (and likely CM rules during the phone booking period) due to only an accessible room being declared has skewed this availability higher.

Or the stunning Grand Villas have a demand problem? Nahhh...walking the 1 room has already started now that online booking is possible. May the odds be ever in your favor, Grand Villa-ers.
As always - amazing analysis / data / information with a wink of humor thrown in. Appreciate you, @ehh !
Yeah I bet a bunch of people looked to use SAP for a GV today and were like... "dang it's completely booked out to 11 months let alone how far my 7 months will take me!" We do have our eyes on snagging on someday but not QUITE yet. Tee hee. Congrats to everyone who snagged what they wanted today - yay!

Reactions: ehh
I'm sorry if I missed this, but are Duo studios only available if looking for accessible rooms? I don't see them pop up (even for waitlist) until I check that box.

Duo Studios
In short: these look like they'll be hard to book at 7m, and appear to be more popular with owners than I was expecting. Maybe demand shifts to Deluxe Studios over time (and as Magical Beginnings 'starter penalty' wears off), maybe not!
I am surprised by how much I myself want a Duo studio at VDH. 🤣

We own at RIV and VDH but I think the occupancy of only 4 in a studio at VDH will make the duos even more popular than at RIV. We are a family of 3 but become a family of 5 if we want to bring my parents. That means (1) one bedroom, (2) deluxe studios, or a deluxe studio and a duo studio. For the dates we are traveling a one bedroom and (2) SV deluxe studios are equal points; the SV deluxe studio and the PV duo studio we were able to book saved us 20 points over 4 nights.

For some reason they do not pop up if you select a studio room type. Leave the room selection blank when you search and then they will show up!

Thank you so much! I didn't want to take an accessible room if we don't need it, but it looks like that's all that's left for our dates. At least we booked a deluxe studio yesterday. :-)

Booked our welcome home stay from 2/16 -19 in the one bedroom. If there's inventory for only one of 1 bedrooms, does that mean I took the one bedroom from you @bbeagle? 😅

Also want to give a big shout out to this forum who gave me fomo and pushed me to become an owner. Looking at the mad rush today, I'm glad I did.
No, I also have a 1 bedroom on 2/18 and 2/19.

Yes, there is inventory for only one 1 bedroom, but there are also two 2-bedroom lockouts which can be converted to a 1 bedroom and a studio. It looks like both of us snatched up the two available 1-bedrooms on 2/18 and 2/19.

For some reason they do not pop up if you select a studio room type. Leave the room selection blank when you search and then they will show up!
Concur with Canchaser! I had a Deluxe Studio booked at first. Was able to go back in and modify the reservation. I left all the room choices blank (or white I think) and up popped the Duo Rooms. Likely a program item to be adjusted so that the sort pulls forward the Duo's when searching.

Credit to the board for this tip yesterday....

Did anyone receive a confirmation email?

My friend managed to book me a room in November for 4 nights - between glitches - around 8:40am EST. She never received a confirmation email and I never got one either (my email is on the reservation). It's still showing on her DVC dashboard (countdown, reservation, and correct points deducted) and the reservation has been added to my Disneyland account. Not sure if this will be an issue?

Last edited:

My friend managed to book me a room in November for 4 nights - between glitches - around 8:40am EST. She never received a confirmation email and I never got one either (my email is on the reservation). It's still showing on her DVC dashboard (countdown, reservation, and correct points deducted) and the reservation has been added to my Disneyland account. Not sure if this will be an issue?
Same. Yes strangely enough no confirmation email.

As a work around, I wrote down the booking confirmation once my DVC request went through. Then logged in to the Disneyland app, entered my reservation number for hotel, and thankfully up popped my booking details. So it did book and cross populated over into the hotel booking system.

Good luck...

I also did not get an email yesterday for the room I booked for next May. It is on my dashboard, but I have not yet added it to the app.

Did anyone get an email from Docusign? Husband just got one. I guess there was a question left off the Orange County Preliminary Change of Ownership form. It was asking about disabled vets.
Hello - This was a pg 1 question, and I am wondering what the deal is. We're thinking of buying in at DLH and husband is a disabled vet. Is there something special we need to do?

Anyone who has booked that isn't on the Be Our Guest list (post 2) of upcoming stays, let me know your dates (and room type if you'd like) and I can add you to the list. And yes would LOVE room photos and photos of the view out of your room onto property - you're like VDH scouts/spies for our group :-).

@bbeagle and @FeliciaB23 I think you booked today as well - lemme know :-). So happy for you all!
Oct 20 - 28. Family reunion of sorts.
Steve

Anyone who has booked that isn't on the Be Our Guest list (post 2) of upcoming stays, let me know your dates (and room type if you'd like) and I can add you to the list. And yes would LOVE room photos and photos of the view out of your room onto property - you're like VDH scouts/spies for our group :-).

@bbeagle and @FeliciaB23 I think you booked today as well - lemme know :-). So happy for you all!

Nov 13-17, standard view deluxe studio 😄

Hello - This was a pg 1 question, and I am wondering what the deal is. We're thinking of buying in at DLH and husband is a disabled vet. Is there something special we need to do?
If you're planning to purchase points, just mention that to your Guide. They should have the most up to date answers, but in one of the sales documents there was a check box about whether the buyer is 100% disabled. I don't know much more than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter