The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

Just wanted to post a quick prayer for the safe return of my buddy Jim. He is with the Canadian Navy and just arrived in Libya today for the enforcement of the weapons embargo.

May God continue to watch over him and his crew-mates, as well as all the servicemen and servicewomen abroad.

Amen!

This is small potatoes compared to a lot of people's problems, but if you guys could keep my wife in your prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it. We recently moved because I got a new job, but my wife had to quit her job in the process. She's a teacher and I assumed that she'd be able to find something quickly in our new city, but she's been rejected over and over and over.

Well, she's starting to get very depressed, because it's a couple of days before school starts and she's not found a job yet. Not only will it cripple us financially (truth be told, she made more than me), but it will also drive her crazy to have to stay home every day.

If you could please pray for her to find something, I'd be eternally grateful. :goodvibes

Just wanted to post a quick prayer for the safe return of my buddy Jim. He is with the Canadian Navy and just arrived in Libya today for the enforcement of the weapons embargo.

May God continue to watch over him and his crew-mates, as well as all the servicemen and servicewomen abroad.
Not to copy Randall, but Amen.:thumbsup2

This is small potatoes compared to a lot of people's problems, but if you guys could keep my wife in your prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it. We recently moved because I got a new job, but my wife had to quit her job in the process. She's a teacher and I assumed that she'd be able to find something quickly in our new city, but she's been rejected over and over and over.

Well, she's starting to get very depressed, because it's a couple of days before school starts and she's not found a job yet. Not only will it cripple us financially (truth be told, she made more than me), but it will also drive her crazy to have to stay home every day.

If you could please pray for her to find something, I'd be eternally grateful. :goodvibes
I hope she can find something. I don't know how it is there compared to Indiana, but I know a few unemployed teachers that are doing the Substitute circuit. There's no benefits, but it gives them something to do and it actually pays pretty well. She might want to look into getting her name into local schools to sub if nothing else.:confused3

Amen!

We went through this when I was newly married, too, and had moved to a new city (Chicago). Teaching jobs are hard to find, especially if you are well-trained. Over and over, my wife heard, "if you didn't have your masters degree we'd hire you in a second!" A tough period for both of us, but in the end she took a job as a temp outside her field (which turned into a nice real job), and we learned a lot from the experience and grew together as a couple. Will pray that the same happens to you! (regardless of whether she finds a teaching job!)

And another Amen from here.

Doesn't sound like small potatoes to me. I hope and pray she finds something soon.

Hope things work out, will keep you in our prayers.:grouphug:

correction. Her new insurance rhymes with B-umana. Either way, trying to profit from illness is wrong.
i hpe everything is going ok with mil.

amen.;)

will do. hope she finds something soon. :thumbsup2

Prayers for you and your family and all those who help protect others.

An update. MIL is fine. Not real sure if she had a heart attack (enzymes were normal) but she had a medicine rx. She is currently on 20 meds due to diabetes, bp, cholesterol, no cartilage in knee. A new med didn't play well with the others.

DW is fine. Her test was negative. Her cardiologist did not believe her bp could be that high with anger towards lazy brother. He does not know my wife's temper.

Another hearty amen from here.

Not a small thing by any stretch of the imagination. Will be praying.

An update. MIL is fine. Not real sure if she had a heart attack (enzymes were normal) but she had a medicine rx. She is currently on 20 meds due to diabetes, bp, cholesterol, no cartilage in knee. A new med didn't play well with the others.

DW is fine. Her test was negative. Her cardiologist did not believe her bp could be that high with anger towards lazy brother. He does not know my wife's temper.

Glad your MIL and DW are doing well. Answered prayers are a blessing.

Got one to add... DW's boss is getting into a bit of a financial tight spot. He's asked everyone if they're willing to cut a few hours or a day from their work schedule to cut back on labor expenses. DW and another one were willing to give up some hours, but their other 3 co-workers refused to. He's supposedly going to think things over this weekend and see what he can come up with, but most likely, someone in their office is going to lose their job since a few aren't willing to give up a little bit. We could use prayers for DW or whoever might end up unemployed next week.

Got one to add... DW's boss is getting into a bit of a financial tight spot. He's asked everyone if they're willing to cut a few hours or a day from their work schedule to cut back on labor expenses. DW and another one were willing to give up some hours, but their other 3 co-workers refused to. He's supposedly going to think things over this weekend and see what he can come up with, but most likely, someone in their office is going to lose their job since a few aren't willing to give up a little bit. We could use prayers for DW or whoever might end up unemployed next week.

We'll be praying for you guys Andy :grouphug:

Praying. Hopefully your wife's willingness to sacrifice doesn't go unnoticed.

Hopefully her boss will realize that if he needs to do more with fewer staff he needs to keeps the ones who are willing to work with him. Will keep you guys in our prayers.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. I have a bit of an update on DW's work situation... and this may deteriorate into a slight rant...

He told them yesterday that he will most likely cut everyone's hours AND get rid of someone. He said he has decided who will go, but hasn't told them yet, because he needs to meet with accountants this week and make sure there's no other way around it.

Now for the rant part... he bought a building to renovate into his office a few years ago. Spent a lot of money in that process. He's worked with his dad in a satellite office in another town one day a week for years. He's taken his employees to work in the satellite office and paid them out of funds generated by his own personal local office. The satellite office has always been essentially a break even situation for him, essentially helping his dad out. That's fine and all, but his dad is retiring, so he offered to rent him his office and give him his business. So now, they have twice the work. They see patients at the local office 2 days a week and the satellite office 2 days a week. Oh, and his dad gave him a great deal on the satellite office. He's not making any income off of the patients his dad started seeing several years ago that they're finishing treatment on... He pays rent for the office... and he's responsible for all utilities and upkeep in the office. Pretty good deal for his dad.:rolleyes1 I could see the writing on the wall when DW told me about that deal, but I had no idea it would only take a few months to get him into this much trouble. Supposedly it is COSTING him money to operate that satellite office that he took because he felt he needed more income. I understand it is a difficult economic time and there are legitimate problems out there, but it just drives me crazy that his poor business decisions are going to cost someone their job. On top of that it is going to make more work for less employees to do in less hours/week, and they are really underpaid to begin with...:headache:

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. I have a bit of an update on DW's work situation... and this may deteriorate into a slight rant...

He told them yesterday that he will most likely cut everyone's hours AND get rid of someone. He said he has decided who will go, but hasn't told them yet, because he needs to meet with accountants this week and make sure there's no other way around it.

Now for the rant part... he bought a building to renovate into his office a few years ago. Spent a lot of money in that process. He's worked with his dad in a satellite office in another town one day a week for years. He's taken his employees to work in the satellite office and paid them out of funds generated by his own personal local office. The satellite office has always been essentially a break even situation for him, essentially helping his dad out. That's fine and all, but his dad is retiring, so he offered to rent him his office and give him his business. So now, they have twice the work. They see patients at the local office 2 days a week and the satellite office 2 days a week. Oh, and his dad gave him a great deal on the satellite office. He's not making any income off of the patients his dad started seeing several years ago that they're finishing treatment on... He pays rent for the office... and he's responsible for all utilities and upkeep in the office. Pretty good deal for his dad.:rolleyes1 I could see the writing on the wall when DW told me about that deal, but I had no idea it would only take a few months to get him into this much trouble. Supposedly it is COSTING him money to operate that satellite office that he took because he felt he needed more income. I understand it is a difficult economic time and there are legitimate problems out there, but it just drives me crazy that his poor business decisions are going to cost someone their job. On top of that it is going to make more work for less employees to do in less hours/week, and they are really underpaid to begin with...:headache:

Andy, that is rant worthy but a common problem. I see it all the time with farmers I work with. Great at growing things, terrible at selling things. Will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

It doesn't matter what it is -politics, schools, corporation, etc. - the golden rule is that the one who has the gold makes the rules. We still live in a kings and peasants world - just now with the Internet and Fox News to distract us. Praying for you.

Another update: He informed one of the employees yesterday after work that he was letting her go. The thing is, they were at the satellite office, which is 50+ miles away. He doesn't pay mileage to drive there, so they carpool. He told her she was being let go as they were walking out of the office and she rode to work with DW yesterday. Needless to say, not a good situation for DW to be in. :headache:

I'm actually encouraging DW to start looking for something else. She's never been really happy working there and the one that was let go was the other one who was willing to take a few less hours and also the one that DW got along with the best. With extra work piling on, and her work friend gone, DW is going to be hating life at work. I can't see where cutting an hourly employee that makes about $12/hour and works less than 40 hours/week is going to save his business either.:confused3

Anyway, thanks for the prayers guys, we're glad DW didn't lose her job, but feel really bad for her friend. If you'd continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers, we'd appreciate it.

...I'm actually encouraging DW to start looking for something else. She's never been really happy working there and the one that was let go was the other one who was willing to take a few less hours and also the one that DW got along with the best. With extra work piling on, and her work friend gone, DW is going to be hating life at work. I can't see where cutting an hourly employee that makes about $12/hour and works less than 40 hours/week is going to save his business either.:confused3

Anyway, thanks for the prayers guys, we're glad DW didn't lose her job, but feel really bad for her friend. If you'd continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers, we'd appreciate it.

Will keep this in prayer. Sounds like what they really need is someone with some business sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter